Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

New patch nerfs the Soviets hard in team games. The only advantage the Soviets had (early game crewed weapons) is gone. 1v1 is a lot more balanced, but come on. They just killed team games. Which is, basically, only what I play.
    Top Gun

CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

It is a war, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The video is practically dripping with propaganda.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The video is practically dripping with propaganda.
    The fun part is that the video maker does not even try to deny those things Soviet did but instead focusing on complaining Relic did not put Nazi crimes in it.

Edit: The only thing the video maker is right is that blocking unit, specially deployed to execute routed penal units, were generally not deployed right behind the penal units they should watch. On the other hand, what the video maker did not tell you is that once you entered shtrafbat (Soviet penal unit), you could never get out; yes the three months serving time is true, but what the maker did not say is that once the three months sentence was complete prisoner would be transfered to "trampler" unit as human mine sweeper.

Smaller battalions were established out of the infantry units to clear minefields as 'tramplers' - unarmed men who ran through the minefields ("trampled") ahead of regular assault forces to detonate land mines.[9] The worst of all the penal battalion assignments, the tramplers were prepared for their grisly suicide missions by being heavily fortified with vodka rations by their leaders before attacks. Trampler battalions were assembled from the penal infantry units for major attacks and were usually wiped out to the last man,[2] with their mangled bodies reportedly "marking the safe passage corridor of the late-war Red Army through any minefield".

Source
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; August 02, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Wikipedia. Are you serious?

The fun part is that the video maker does not even try to deny those things Soviet did but instead focusing on complaining Relic did not put Nazi crimes in it.
    Still, you have understood nothing. And, as any ordinary human, you see only what you want to see. Same goes to the poster above.
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; August 03, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik the Rus View Post
    Still, you have understood nothing. And, as any ordinary human, you see only what you want to see. Same goes to the poster above.
    Cry me two rivers; that is why Germany gain back people's trust but not Russia.

If i will ask you to give more complex comment and explanations about your statement, we will go the deep offtopic here.
    If you prefer clishes and stereotypes as a way of thinking, go ahead.

Надо чаще встречаться

If i will ask you to give more complex comment and explanations about your statement, we will go the deep offtopic here.
    If you prefer clishes and stereotypes as a way of thinking, go ahead.
    I guess it is too complex for Russian to admit what they had done during WWII...

Take your own advice, man.

Too deep for him to understand.

I guess it is too complex for Russian to admit what they had done during WWII...
    We've won the most brutal conflict in history of mankind.
    Too deep for him to understand.

I have a simple logic - any historical statement must be prooved with some backup from archieves. If there no such backup, only "i've heard that...", "someone tell me...", this is story, based on historical events, but not historicaly accurate story. Am i correct?
    No one sane demands gloryfying of Soviet Union, SU was a cruel state, wich have done a lot of bad things to it's own and another countries citizens . But it does not mean that any roubish can be created as historically accurate story.
    Btw, Haris Orkin, one of the CoH2 writers, was a writer to the one of the famous historical PC game ever - Red Alert 3
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0649904/
    He is a real historian
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; August 04, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Надо чаще встречаться

And also committed some most horrible crimes.

I am glad that you agree about another part of my statement.

Надо чаще встречаться

For all the horrible things that the Soviet Union did to its people (and to their enemies) they didn't commit an organized genocide on an industrialized scale on people whom they judged inferior based upon racial dogmas.

To expect COH to acknowledges something like the Holocaust in the game seem rather foolish to me, especially considering the fact that they don't even have real swastikas! Just saying...

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Yeah because as long as you murder people indiscriminately your not bad, right?

Anyways, he has some points, I especially thought it was stupid when the russians burnt the homes of civi's who are still inside. Wouldn't they have been evacuated by then? And isn't setting up a defensive position around the houses more handy? Oh well, I guess being edgy is what gets good reviews.
    Last edited by lazerBAR; August 04, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Indeed, we, the Allies, won.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Wikipedia. Are you serious?

All nice and dandy except that I have family members who have seen the mighty and glorious red Army do most of the the guy in the video denied, from burning people alive in fields to setting fire to an entire village and all its inhabitants on the suspicion that a German platoon may be hiding there to executing an entire family because a farmer punched the soldier who wanted to rape his wife and daughters in front of him. So yeah, go sell your bagels to someone else cause I'm not buying.

Problem is that in Russia the polished Soviet version of history is still very much predominant and acess to the archives that contain the whole story is still limited. Hell I remember the astonished speech a certain professor from the university of Nizhny-Novgorod (forgot his name) gave when he and his colleagues discovered something everyone else knew: that Romania did not attack Russia in 1940 and that the Romanians of Basarabia did not beg Stalin to occupy the province in the same year.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by lazerBAR View Post
    Yeah because as long as you murder people indiscriminately your not bad, right?
    Not what I said, nor meant. But for the sake of the tone in COH2, it's far less controversial and damaging to the market to show the Russian atrocities during the war than the Nazi ones. If they decided to include allusions to the Einsatzgruppen and the Holocaust, it'd be a huge uproar from the community (at least from journalists) questioning the necessity to include such touchy subjects into a game that is by the end of the day about entertainment. Is it hypocritical that most people see no problem in playing a game where the Red Army commits horrible atrocities instead? Most likely yes, but I never claimed I liked it either.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

The Dutch Devil's Avatar Krakiszki the Hunter
    Discontent Emeritus

Please take any historical discussion about war crimes in the second world war to the Vestigia Vetustatis, because it's off-topic here.

Patronized by the glorious all knowing Legio.