Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [RTW HS] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

How does the diplomat perform three actions in one turn?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    How does the diplomat perform three actions in one turn?
    That's how it is in Rome 1

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I didn't know that either, been ages since I played RTW.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

HEADS UP EVERYONE
    After some investigation, I've found that the forced diplomacy script doesn't work. So, I updated the files, it should 100% work now as told in the thread. (=you can now push the show me how button in the diplomacy scroll)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ab-svVxTcaEFcz_KwC-IF2YaifzKry0I <-- Update the files with these. Same methods.

The wise Suffet Hanno is continuing the golden age of our nation!
    The Trade ships of Carthage can even reach the far side of the world... So how could Africa and Spain be an exception? Leptis Magna was clever enough to bend with only a small amount of resistance, and with that, the whole northwestern coast of Africa pays taxes to us! But our glorious conquest doesn't stop there... Massalia, a greek colony has been besieged along with the Dminni, the heart of the Sahara... It won't be long until they bend to us too. We have started building a new colony in Spain to honour our elders and Queen Dido... It shall be named Carthago Nova when the times comes. Until that, the natives will be forced to assimilate...

Our message to the world:
    Our Suffet, wise as he is sees the warring nations of the Latinum And Hellas and advises to their leaders to cease hostilities. The consuls should care about the Barbarians up north, and the Greeks about the growing powers of Ptolemaic Egypt and Armenia, a warlike bloodthirsty nation who wishes to conquer the Caucasus all alone... If either is unchecked, a new superpower would emerge, with intentions and ambitions we could hardly guess now...

Save sent to gaul

You really want to be my enemy, don't you? We'll gladly oblige. The Caucasus is already ours. You're right to fear us and our warriors however, for we are not ones to submit so easily - like the cowardly Spanish to their Carthaginian owners. You were the one to set Rome loose upon the Greeks, now crying out for the consequences.

How do you not choke on your own words? Speaking of others as the major threats as you use the Eagle for your own gains. Have him drench the world in blood and carnage as you prepare unopposed with near a quarter of the known world safely in your clutches? Clearly, you've mastered the gag-reflex and refined the art of swallowing.

Carthage is a nation of the seas, they have the only two ports in the known world capable of trireme yet tell Greeks to worry about distant barbarians...

Barbarians, far your better whom have been the ones attacked - by you and your conspiracies.
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 16, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post

Our message to the world:
    Our Suffet, wise as he is sees the warring nations of the Latinum And Hellas and advises to their leaders to cease hostilities. The consuls should care about the Barbarians up north, and the Greeks about the growing powers of Ptolemaic Egypt and Armenia, a warlike bloodthirsty nation who wishes to conquer the Caucasus all alone... If either is unchecked, a new superpower would emerge, with intentions and ambitions we could hardly guess now...

Save sent to gaul

{Socrates shows the wrong finger to the carthagian words....}

As greeks , we take the words of words of the Carthagians with a pinch of salt [prophecy perhaps? :d] for were they not the ones , who helped in negotations, to sell our lands of Syracuse to the romans so that they could avoid conflict....Now you argue that we should care about about ceasing hostilities with rome, so that the romans should wage war against the barbarians to the north, which helps you? Remember we didn't declare war on the romans , at Syracuse , we just rejected roman demands for the sake of wanting a just and meaningful price, of which you also argued was the right thing to do, and then they stormed the city? So why should we believe your words, when it has not benefited the Greek state's one jot ? We hear the words of what we thought was just a proud and mighty state , where-as it seems you are just a another claw of the unjust roman state...

You talk about Ptolenaic Egypt and Armenia as warlike and bloodthirsty nation's but we see no such precedent of such actions on our lands , against what the roman's have done to us, as they seek to become a new superpower{Rome}..and shall throw your words against you , to highlight Rome's "with intensions and ambitions"...

So look back at your own words, as we greeks remember when you sold the souls of the peoples of Syracuse to Rome , for the price of your own standing!. Syracuse might be gone to us now, and we might stand at war with Rome , but this was a war of Rome's making as we shall with righteous indignation defend ourselves.... but to be sure , the greeks do not speak to a nation {carthage} , who speaks with kindness with one tongue , whilst betraying those same people to another. ....

The oracles often say words of prophecy which we relate to you in latin and hope you find wisdom in them ""Qui erat herba alta vitat, mordebit eum coluber!" {“He who was bitten by a snake avoids tall grass!”} which we have taken to heart, but now you have the snake in your midst, but we will not answer your call for help , when its nature is revealed to you......

κακό άνεμο!{Ill-wind} we name thee! , and a ανεπιθύμητη επισκέπτη! {unwelcome guest!}, we think twice before even allowing your words into our forums or your diplomat's into our homes....
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 16, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The leader of the United German Federation would like to venture some words on this growing discord and warn his fellow friends not to be deceived by what they hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    You really want to be my enemy, don't you? We'll gladly oblige. The Caucasus is already ours. You're right to fear us and our warriors however, for we are not ones to submit so easily - like the cowardly Spanish to their Carthaginian owners. You were the one to set Rome loose upon the Greeks, now crying out for the consequences.

How do you not choke on your own words? Speaking of others as the major threats as you use the Eagle for your own gains. Have him drench the world in blood and carnage as you prepare unopposed with near a quarter of the known world safely in your clutches? Clearly, you've mastered the gag-reflex and refined the art of swallowing.

Carthage is a nation of the seas, they have the only two ports in the known world capable of trireme yet tell Greeks to worry about distant barbarians...

Barbarians, far your better whom have been the ones attacked - by you and your conspiracies.

A man of words and nothing more... Deceitful and full of lies, he trips up on his own tongue, perhaps not as eloquent as he himself may think. You play and dance in the night, but eventually will trip and stumble. This one is a pretender to his own name, unworthy to claim such a noble linkage, and his true nature will be exposed to all.
    Last edited by themzr; October 16, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Save passed to Germany

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post

{Socrates shows the wrong finger to the carthagian words....}

As greeks , we take the words of words of the Carthagians with a pinch of salt [prophecy perhaps? :d] for were they not the ones , who helped in negotations, to sell our lands of Syracuse to the romans so that they could avoid conflict....Now you argue that we should care about about ceasing hostilities with rome, so that the romans should wage war against the barbarians to the north, which helps you? Remember we didn't declare war on the romans , at Syracuse , we just rejected roman demands for the sake of wanting a just and meaningful price, of which you also argued was the right thing to do, and then they stormed the city? So why should we believe your words, when it has not benefited the Greek state's one jot ? We hear the words of what we thought was just a proud and mighty state , where-as it seems you are just a another claw of the unjust roman state...

You talk about Ptolenaic Egypt and Armenia as warlike and bloodthirsty nation's but we see no such precedent of such actions on our lands , against what the roman's have done to us, as they seek to become a new superpower{Rome}..and shall throw your words against you , to highlight Rome's "with intensions and ambitions"...

So look back at your own words, as we greeks remember when you sold the souls of the peoples of Syracuse to Rome , for the price of your own standing!. Syracuse might be gone to us now, and we might stand at war with Rome , but this was a war of Rome's making as we shall with righteous indignation defend ourselves.... but to be sure , the greeks do not speak to a nation {carthage} , who speaks with kindness with one tongue , whilst betraying those same people to another. ....

The oracles often say words of prophecy which we relate to you in latin and hope you find wisdom in them ""Qui erat herba alta vitat, mordebit eum coluber!" {“He who was bitten by a snake avoids tall grass!”} which we have taken to heart, but now you have the snake in your midst, but we will not answer your call for help , when its nature is revealed to you......

κακό άνεμο!{Ill-wind} we name thee! , and a ανεπιθύμητη επισκέπτη! {unwelcome guest!}, we think twice before even allowing your words into our forums or your diplomat's into our homes....

(Read it in Total War: Rome 2's annoying punic voice)

Do not anger the wise Suffet, who in his good will, offered you compensation and financial aid when the negotiations were still ongoing... Carthage could have choose war over peaceful agreement, but it did not. You on the other hand have chosen to send your fellow Greeks to die by refusing any compromise with the Romans, and holding up behind your walls, letting the legions come to slaughter them without building any defenses... And how will you retake Syracuse, how will you tell the families who lost their sons that you chose your pride over their lives? Perhaps send an invasion force with someone like Alcibiades so that it could end in a disaster again?
    Do not misunderstood us for a second. If we choose, we could wipe Rome off the earth, we are still the strongest power in the Mediterranean... But even the harsh consuls of Rome negotiate, while the ever prideful philosophers and statesmen from Hellas blinds them selfs from the real threat in the east... Beware the hordes and the steppes: The grass may be the tallest, and the snakes the longest there.
    I pray to Ba'al Hammon, that your successor will be wiser...

(PS: I hope you guys know I'm just RP-ing and otherwise I wouldn't say things like this )
    Last edited by Mergor; October 17, 2018 at 08:19 AM.

You had me at "annoying Punic voice" Curse you for your choices here, but - this banter is mostly just amusement to me so don't worry on my behalf at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    A man of words and nothing more... Deceitful and full of lies, he trips up on his own tongue, perhaps not as eloquent as he himself may think. You play and dance in the night, but eventually will trip and stumble. This one is a pretender to his own name, unworthy to claim such a noble linkage, and his true nature will be exposed to all.

Do you have anything of worth at all to say, something of substance? Anything but noise?
    Stumbling in the night and void projection - How far the proud German people have fallen.

I suppose truth is truly beyond your capabilities, oh and by the way - the namesake is not even a person
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post

I suppose truth is truly beyond your capabilities, oh and by the way - the namesake is not even a person

facts r hard sometimes: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mith...s_VI_of_Pontus

I respectfully ask that if you two go at each other, do it in long, polished RP-s so we can enjoy it too

Remind Themzr to keep it to RP perhaps, or work on his habit of thinking he knows others peoples minds and thoughts.

The fact is that Mithridate is derived not from Mithridates of whom there are many. Several Parthian ones whom kicked Selucid ass for example but most think of the pontic one you indeed referenced who fought Sulla (whom's kingdom I will re-create in this game indeed^^) but my name is derived from universal cure, my skype name is that. The word can also mean lexicon - most of it stems from the legends of that man.

Oh and btw, we're a good hundred years before any of this if I recall.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Extension requested until Friday

People been sloppy about posting in thread, anyway - Dacia is up.

Finally, the caucasus is united under our great king - let peace and prosperity reign and funnel into Europe on Armenian steeds. With the Selucid wisely withdrawing back to their own lands our forces secured the city with Artaxias killing near a thousand rebels, rabble whom ruled the city in terror leaving us little choice.

In the west, Aramu finally subdued the barbarians of Ancyra. Brave and fierce, they rule in our name and shall make great warriors among our ranks. For they see our power, the unstoppable force of Capathract Archers in unison of the phalanx. With the town secured and local chieftans converging, Aramu the Drunk led his Capathracts to Nicomedia to prove himself further. The city whom eagerly awaited us, threw open the gates to be liberated. Hundreds slewn by arrows, over a hundred more cut down by the elite bodyguards of our people.

A great day indeed.

When we ridee
    Night will last forever
    Only stars will fill the sky

Ah

Battle lines
    Gods army gathers on our side
    Hear them cry
    “Sweet victory”
    Watch heroes rise

Lastly, we have yet to receive the tribute promised. Much as they withdrew from our lands in the face of our forces, we've had troubling news... Several hundred men were put down in a rebellion, supposedly orchestrated by the Selucid as told by the surviving captives - they came from Hatra. As such, the blood payment we said we'd take have been claimed. You no longer owe us the tribute for peace, for we have extracted it in blood and land.

Hatra is now Armenian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arsakia.jpg   Ancyra.jpg   Nicomedia.jpg   Rebel Scum.jpg   Hatra.jpg  

Spy.jpg  
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 19, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

The Kingdom of Dacia pushes forward to reclaim the territories of their Thracian brothers! The city of Blyazora has been taken by the force and ruthlessness of the Dacian army who stormed the city and killed all the Macedonian troops stationed there. In the course of this however the commander of the Dacian forces, King Zyraxes, was fatally wounded while fighting the Macedonian general who was later cut down by the king's bodyguards. The kingdom mourns his lost. He's now at the of Zalmoxis in the eternal world!

Pics - https://imgur.com/a/1zN4ae8
    https://imgur.com/a/7KDKM0l

Save sent to the admin to fix an issue
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; October 21, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Issue fixed, save passed on
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

With the Roman Invasion of Syracuse , the greeks were incensed with rage , at the presumptive move [some more so than others for the lose of money the romans had promised], leaving the greeks in a quandary of what to do next. Firstly there was some progress on the diplomatic front , as the greek ambassadors had a productive meeting with the Armenian's , with promises of greek trade particularly of olive oil and wine, were to be exchanged for fine horses of the Armenia peoples.

As for the romans , there was a great deal of Soul searching , as the Spartans leadership disappeared to hold religious festivals [which many of greeks got annoyed at , as the Spartans always seemed to have somesort of religious festival or event , when there was need of swift decision making to be done] and where therefore absent at this current season . Others were frustrated and sent on pilgrimages to the great Temple to Zeus in Olympia, to seek guidance from the king of the Gods, Zeus , to seek inspiration of what direction the greek peoples should seek next

Turn sent to the admin
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz