Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this mod going to be launched before Warhammer ?

Default Is this mod going to be launched before Warhammer ?

I love the work being doing here and I really enjoy to come and see all that amazing and detailed progress ... but guys ... warhammer is going out in less than a month and of course most of us will think in no other thing that Warhammer ... that would be a shame to lose all your work and that it doesnt have the enough impact it deserves eclipsed by a new release of Total War ... Just a pump ... think about it ... I will play this mod this year next year ... when ever you launche it so I dont care ... but i Think that if you cant relase before warhammer ... just dont relase it this semester... It would be less played ...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Is this mod going to be launched before Warhammer ?

I think the intention of every unpaid modder is releasing a project that is well made and not rushed, opposite to what CA gives us for first half year/whole year after each release of their titles. Popularity is just a bonus, giving unfinished product to get 1000 more free downloads if not worth it.

Mods like Third Age or Call of Warhammer were released even after two/three other titles from CA were released and yet people still play them till this day
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I think the intention of every unpaid modder is releasing a project that is well made and not rushed, opposite to what CA gives us for first half year/whole year after each release of their titles. Popularity is just a bonus, giving unfinished product to get 1000 more free downloads if not worth it.

Mods like Third Age or Call of Warhammer were released even after two/three other titles from CA were released and yet people still play them till this day
    I agree with most you say ... Except that "Popularity is just a bonus", the fact all your hard work just dont get used ... is pretty bad for any hard worker modder ... If so just mod for your self and dont publicity it ... We agree with that something not finished is better to keep than delivery as a rush ... but the fact is that if they release after Warhammer ... This is point less ... people download it .. say thanks ... play 2 hours see the units and then downloads warhammer and bye bye ... will back to the mod just when he remenber it... hope you get my point.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

In fact KAM is quite right, popularity is a bonus indeed, if you consider that normally people want to mod games for their own liking and because they feel they can make a game better (this is relative ofc) or just different.
    If they publish it and even make the community happy and have everyone else enjoy their work, well then even better.
    Now if people move on after two months , I don't think there's anything the modders can do about it . Other people will come and play it and then also move along.
    It is what it is.
    But first and foremost the modders themselves need to be somewhat satisfied with their work before releasing anything.

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by axe2005 View Post
    warhammer is going out in less than a month and of course most of us will think in no other thing that Warhammer ... that would be a shame to lose all your work
    Are you sure about that?
    I guarantee this mod will be played be far more people than you can imagine.
    Not all of us await Warhammer like the second coming of Christ.
    Luckily this mod will be as most close as Medieval 3 we can get for a very long time. And it will be have proper sieges, which is another plus in comparison to copy-paste one-wall-siege joke of Warhammer.
    I look forward to this mod much more than Warhammer and I hope the authors of the mod take the time they need to properly finish and polish it. I am for sure in no rush about it.
    Nuestra Señora de Las Mercedes ha resurgido del fondo del océano para concluir su viaje.
    200 a
    ños después los piratas pierden. El oro vuelve a España. Misión cumplida.

WARHAMMER TOTAL WAR lol its the furthing death of TOTAL war games

tbf I have zero interest in a warhammer game and neither do my mates so we'll hang around.
    Keep it going guys, remember you can keep updating after and avoid falling into the same holes Westeros: Total War did where it's seven years later and they never got to v.1.0. Just realised they've become George R.R. Martin haha (Y)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

As I have zero interest in warhammer, either, I intend to work on this mod further on, while some fans might try their luck in warhammer.
    I have just finished retouching (heavily, if I may add ) the cumans , plan to do so for the bulgarians as well. Epirus is almost done as well, so yeah, that's the status.

Regarding launch date: we may not have a finished campaign version around the corner, as of yet, and not any time soon I reckon, on the other hand however, who knows what the future holds ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    As I have zero interest in warhammer, either, I intend to work on this mod further on, while some fans might try their luck in warhammer.
    I have just finished retouching (heavily, if I may add ) the cumans , plan to do so for the bulgarians as well. Epirus is almost done as well, so yeah, that's the status.

Regarding launch date: we may not have a finished campaign version around the corner, as of yet, and not any time soon I reckon, on the other hand however, who knows what the future holds ...
    Keep up the hard work, I as well have no interest in Warhammer, still waiting for a Total War based in East Asia that finally includes China

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

There are alot if players who aren't bothered with warhammer. There'll be plenty of players for this.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    There are alot if players who aren't bothered with warhammer. There'll be plenty of players for this.
    Warhammer is the biggest insult to the core of the Total War yet. I won't be picking it up until it's cheaper than £10.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Warhammer is the biggest insult to the core of the Total War yet. I won't be picking it up until it's cheaper than £10.
    haha that won't happen until after around 10 years lad , but yeah I am not really into this new concept of a fantasy Total War, but I will buy it anyways it seems quite fun and I like to try new things from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Websy View Post
    tbf I have zero interest in a warhammer game and neither do my mates so we'll hang around.
    Keep it going guys, remember you can keep updating after and avoid falling into the same holes Westeros: Total War did where it's seven years later and they never got to v.1.0. Just realised they've become George R.R. Martin haha (Y)
    There is another Westeros total war for Attila in development
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...10&searchtext=

Aso, there's a team developing a M2TW mod about Genghis Khan and Asia, but you haven't heard that from me...

Warhammer is worst game created in Total war series. Some imaginary land with monsters and humans.
    I rather wait for Medieval Kingdoms, and later Medieval III with further graphics and better research group.

Keep up guys people are waiting for this mod.

- its free and unpaid work
    - CA would charge you $40 for having this something like this mod and with less depth or content
    - Modders support their mods for years (CA not really, broken still broken forever...)
    - There is realism and free updates, CA doesn't care for realismand updates comes with FreeLC (content you got already in your HDD) paid DLC (aka also content you already have locked in our HDD for $8 a piece).

so better be patient and be supportive to this Mod team because...... your other option for quick new content *cough* CA *cough* isnt really a good one. regarding new title.... warhammer is a great franchise but it stinks of massive ripoff for early owners that give the $60 and than find out half is locked and will take 1year (at least) and few more double digits purchases to get the whole game and if theres performance/other technical issues that they will never get fixed.... -> New title -> Remaining Half of the game in DLC's -> Skip the fixing of the current Game -> Announcement the next game........
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I like fantasy, I like historical games. Two different itches that require different remedies.

But yeah this have a nice niche for the people that aren't into something as arch-fantasy as Warhammer. Which is totally fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Iberia View Post
    Warhammer is worst game created in Total war series. Some imaginary land with monsters and humans.
    I rather wait for Medieval Kingdoms, and later Medieval III with further graphics and better research group.

Keep up guys people are waiting for this mod.

There are many fantasy fans in the TW community however as shown by the popularity of fantasy mods like Third Age.
    It was kinda expected that at some point CA would tackle fantasy and is something many people wanted.

pastinho's Avatar Libertus

Correct question is - is this mod going to be launched before 2020 ?

I'm in the same camp as Matamoros, Muramasa1794, Websy, Ltd., Jezza93, Lord Dakier, Caucasian Iberia, Sigmar Heldenhamer, etc. We simply aren't interested in Warhammer and likely never will be. We just appreciate seeing at least an attempt at historical accuracy in an epic strategy game set in the Medieval era (Medieval Japan included obviously) since this is the very foundation and core of what the Total War series was originally built on. I don't know the figures but I'm guessing those of us who've played Kingdoms + the Stainless Steel mod is likely far greater and off the scale than Warhammer fans? I'm pretty sure there's going to be way more interest in a potential "Medieval 3 fix" with a mod like this, than in a relatively niche fantasy series that might as well be called 'Total War: Disney'? For me, I like the Medieval Total War games because I was already interested in medieval weapons and armour, fencing, archery and occult literature during this time-period, so it's fun to play a strategy game set in an era we already study. It must be the same for many thousands of teachers and historians and students all over the world who were drawn to playing the Total War series just because of this. Not counting the people who are already interested in the medieval era from movies, historical documentaries and books. Now, set all of these people against the number of Warhammer fans. Um.. ok?
    + Total War without Jeff van Dyck is like Star Wars without John Williams +

"Sum tempestas fusca, qua perducit terra"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast