Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTW Kneel Mod & Quick Fixes

Default Re: NTW Kneel Mod & Quick Fixes

Just one question: on the pics it looks like the regiment has two colourbarers, is this true? And if so is the case how did you do it?

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pansarskott View Post
    Just one question: on the pics it looks like the regiment has two colourbarers, is this true? And if so is the case how did you do it?
    Yeah, there is another thread where they are trying to figure that out.
    How did you get 2 flags in one unit?

Can you do a quick tutorial on how to apply the kneel mod, please?

Thanks,

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julius Caeser

yeees,itīs great;i want it to all my regiments

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

LOL...

"It's meant to be used infront standard 88th unit or any other british line infantry unit" ..
    Its just a second unit with an own flagbearer infront of the standing line. So no second regiment flag guys!

Its like here:

This is a second unit infront of the infantry regiment
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Hinkel; March 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    LOL...

"It's meant to be used infront standard 88th unit or any other british line infantry unit" ..
    Its just a second unit with an own flagbearer infront of the standing line. So no second regiment flag guys!

Its like here:

Pffft...
    Say it ain't so!
    It is possible though to get two standard bearers in a unit but we cannot figure out how to assign a second flag to the new SB. The second SB in the modded unit has the pole but no flag. Any ideas how to assign a flag to a pole?
    Last edited by Hazbones; March 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

i tried installing it but it dosent seem to have a text file

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    LOL...

Its like here:

Thanks Hinkel.

And for all those who need more info about this mod:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post5591776
    Last edited by Oby; March 11, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Great mod, is there any way you can attach the kneel mod to the guard mode. For example if you toggle the square icon the unit forms square, it would be tits if you could toggle the shield icon (guard mode) and the front rank would kneel. If you can make this happen maybe we can try to make it a technology that can be researched like fire and advance.

Can someone please write me exactly what I need to do to kneel mod? I have the file already in the Data folder but when I start playing not kneel the line infantry? please help needed

Sorry for the bad English translation goggel

Senator

This is not kneeling, this is fire by rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    Great mod, is there any way you can attach the kneel mod to the guard mode. For example if you toggle the square icon the unit forms square, it would be tits if you could toggle the shield icon (guard mode) and the front rank would kneel. If you can make this happen maybe we can try to make it a technology that can be researched like fire and advance.
    Yes,the irony is that we already have such thing in the game.If just someone would know how to modify square formation into a two line formation.
    Last edited by Oby; March 11, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Does this overwrite anything from the realism mod?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

kneeling doesn't work...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    V. KNEEL MOD for NTW version 1.0 with officer using telescope.

- this modification enables a recruitable knelling unit for british faction - british 88th line foot.It's meant to be used infront standard 88th unit or any other british line infantry unit.

- for onscreen name edit the loc file you use(best option is UPCN loc file from AUM mod).Add a row and put units_on_screen_name_Inf_Line_British_88th_Kneel in first column and whatever name you wish for your new unit in second column.

Attachment 78621Attachment 78623Attachment 78622

More info:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post5591776

Installation:

1. Unpack.
    2. Put .pack file to ...\napoleon total war\data folder.
    3. Put .txt file to ...\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts folder.In case you already have user.script file,open it with notepad and add my mod.
    4. Enjoy.
    thx mob i have waited so long time when this will gonna come, but you made my day

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

LOL why is it only England who have the kneel fire and why is it only in campaign plz fix it so all factions have it and not only in GC

I was wondering too... I guess hes a UK lover... hehehe

LOL...UK lover...

The reason why is so is simple.AI doesn't 'know' how to properly manage those units and merge them in double line. They have to be used by player and by faction he leads.It require some micromanagment but the effect is quite nice,when you order fire on charging enemy cavalry.I didn't test it but it must be fun if mod works in multiplayer.

I choose British faction but if someone wants other factions with kneel units,he can look inside my mod with newest PFM and change db files according to his wishes.
    I will further research for changing vanilla square formation into double line.It would be a lot more handy and AI friendly if we could do that.
    Last edited by Oby; March 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Is the kneeling mod JUST for ONE BRITISH unit?! Why not everyone?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

I seem to be having a problem with my mod. The units kneel just fine but I seem to get an extra Line infantry unit with no name with only 44 men in my unit list. I already have the 88th of Foot as part of the Imperial Edition. During game play the commentry refers to my riflemen as "Line Infantry" and my 88th of foot as "Guard Infantry" and some of my line infantry as "Revoluitionary Guard"?!?!? Any idea what I might have done wrong. I love the mod though!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast