Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered.

Civis

Default Re: Next TW game (kind of) leaked: Rome I Remastered.

now top 5 popular mods from rome to rome remastered and i can sleep well! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    I don't think this will be the case. There has been no talk about updating the old game and the files of the remastered version will be completely separate.

I know it says so in the FAQ, but that statement from Creative Assembly is actually misleading. CD owners can also benefit from the offer, all you have to do is to activate Rome I by using the CD key. You can then take advantage of the discount.
    I found this out for myself that i was able to activate the CD version. I would have been screaming if i couldn't activate on Steam and get the discount. As it was the people who purchased the CD version that made money for CA not Steam. It would have been very unfair for the people who had the CD version not to get the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    Sadly Europa Barbarorum isnt one of them. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...War-Remastered
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 17, 2022 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Clean-up

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by wozzar View Post
    Sadly Europa Barbarorum isnt one of them. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...War-Remastered
    , that hits super deep, with the removal of the hardcodes (settlements, factions) etc. and the whole new stability of the new game I so hoped the best Rome 1 mod ever would be at least considered ...

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I believe some mods will try this Step, so far I believe only Rome Total Realism.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I believe some mods will try this Step, so far I believe only Rome Total Realism.
    We could get a new generation of Hybrid mods ...like new teams given permission to use the old mod to port over,
    or parts of it etc...
    which could lead to brand new overhaul mods using old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    What are the 5 popular mods?

I'm encouraged by the AMA results. Even if it's not the same, I see a fairly strong future for the title if all is as it seems to be. Should it pull through, you won't have to attract all or most of the old teams. Innovation will come regardless.

Of course, as always the release and post-launch behavior give a final verdict.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Europa Barbarorum have already said they won't come back to the remaster due to a lack of manpower, but seeing the hardcoded limits removed will certainly attract both old and new faces.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I will create a mod asap via Steam workshop:

+ Introduce religions from BI to RTWR
    + Make merchants more important
    + Add Epirus, same units like macedon for now
    + Add Bospohran Kindgom, same units like greek city states for now
    + Add 2-3 illyrian tribes, same units like dacia for now
    + Add Galatia, same units like gauls for now
    + Split Greek City states into an own faction for each city state, all with the same units for now (except spartans)
    + Split barbarian factions into an own barbarian faction per region or 2 regions, all with the same units for now

Later:

+ Add faction specific units for the new factions
    + Introduce new buildings
    + Introduce more new factions...

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Glad to see the mods already starting to write themselves, good luck dude!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

My interest has been peaked with the news of the removal of the old region and faction hardcode limits. This may prompt me returning to modding after a long absence, RTW was where it all started for me, but due to lack of campaign map modding with the newer titles I lost interest, and I just couldn't return to the clunky, low-res world of RTW and M2TW.

But with a remastered, modern take on RTW has me curious... for years now I've been sitting on a mod idea set in the 6th century, but due to the inability to incorporate a detail custom campaign map into Rome 2/Attila it just sat in the back of my mind. Now if the limits for factions and regions are removed it could be possible... though might need to be scaled back (510 regions with around 130 factions...).

Also, as a member of the original EB team... I might have an interest working with others interested in porting that over to the remaster.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    My interest has been peaked with the news of the removal of the old region and faction hardcode limits. This may prompt me returning to modding after a long absence, RTW was where it all started for me, but due to lack of campaign map modding with the newer titles I lost interest, and I just couldn't return to the clunky, low-res world of RTW and M2TW.

But with a remastered, modern take on RTW has me curious... for years now I've been sitting on a mod idea set in the 6th century, but due to the inability to incorporate a detail custom campaign map into Rome 2/Attila it just sat in the back of my mind. Now if the limits for factions and regions are removed it could be possible... though might need to be scaled back (510 regions with around 130 factions...).

Also, as a member of the original EB team... I might have an interest working with others interested in porting that over to the remaster.
    Are we sure they remove the limits to factions and regions? Or do they raise their upper limit?

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Are we sure they remove the limits to factions and regions? Or do they raise their upper limit?
    Lifted... so it remains to be seen what exactly they will be, but it is a promising move. My wording was a little off, I was implying the the old limits (200 regions, 20 factions) was removed. Where the new ones will be, we'll have to wait to see.

Sound like a great start !

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    I will create a mod asap via Steam workshop:

+ Introduce religions from BI to RTWR
    + Make merchants more important
    + Add Epirus, same units like macedon for now
    + Add Bospohran Kindgom, same units like greek city states for now
    + Add 2-3 illyrian tribes, same units like dacia for now
    + Add Galatia, same units like gauls for now
    + Split Greek City states into an own faction for each city state, all with the same units for now (except spartans)
    + Split barbarian factions into an own barbarian faction per region or 2 regions, all with the same units for now

Later:

+ Add faction specific units for the new factions
    + Introduce new buildings
    + Introduce more new factions...

Sounds like a great start.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 17, 2022 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Clean-up
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    Lifted... so it remains to be seen what exactly they will be, but it is a promising move. My wording was a little off, I was implying the the old limits (200 regions, 20 factions) was removed. Where the new ones will be, we'll have to wait to see.

Edwin (Feral) :
    "Yes, we’re raising the limits from the original game to allow for more factions and settlements to be added to maps (more information in due course). We’ll also be monitoring and keeping in contact with the modding community post release (with the help of CA’s community team) to see what features modders need to bring all their amazing mods to life and trying to support where we can."

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Edwin (Feral) :
    "Yes, we’re raising the limits from the original game to allow for more factions and settlements to be added to maps (more information in due course). We’ll also be monitoring and keeping in contact with the modding community post release (with the help of CA’s community team) to see what features modders need to bring all their amazing mods to life and trying to support where we can."

Having the factions and regions without limits, we must have a nice increase in the maximum limit on the campaign map (map_region etc ...), having the possibility to create a large map from scratch.
    Also on unique models of units, generals, officers etc ...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 17, 2022 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Clean-up

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

The opportunity to create a large map with more factions and settlements, and unique models, sounds exciting.

Everyone is invited to vote in our new poll on Rome Total War Remastered - which feature would you most like to see in the game?

The only thing I do not understand yet and which was not answered in the Q&A:

Why didn't they port the religion and hording system from RTW:BI to the Remaster of RTW?
    Last edited by Ocyalos; April 02, 2021 at 06:43 AM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Hardcoded limits being increased is good and all but will the engine/game be able to handle it though?

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Hardcoded limits being increased is good and all but will the engine/game be able to handle it though?
    Well that's exactly what Feral did. Adapted the engine to be able to handle more factions.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Well that's exactly what Feral did. Adapted the engine to be able to handle more factions.

In fact, the game engine will be able to go with multicore processors, the original Rome Total War only worked with a single core.