Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA V: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with 20, 30 & 40 stack army support!) MASSIVE 250+ Units Update!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 (with up to 40 stack armies!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    lol hippy how come you know my issues?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and don't you want to coop with Tooney to realize the best NTW mod?
    Who says we're not...

hip63

Biarchus

Hip, you have really outdone yourself with this mod. Absolutely awesome mod. I thought i might give you some feedback. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Started D&G campaign with no changes went about 30 turns, no issues at all. Started a new D & G campaign made all kinds of option changes, again at about 40 turns complete with no issues, except i suck at being a general. + rep. great job!

Laetus

Waiting to try this just Cleaning my Napoleon total war folder, looks like this is the one i have been waiting for. Just a couple of question, the optional download music pack is that included with Napoleon total combat. Or do i need to install both of the downloads, ? And can you form squares with these large 400 men units i hope so.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Hip, you have really outdone yourself with this mod. Absolutely awesome mod. I thought i might give you some feedback. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Started D&G campaign with no changes went about 30 turns, no issues at all. Started a new D & G campaign made all kinds of option changes, again at about 40 turns complete with no issues, except i suck at being a general. + rep. great job!
    AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricornis View Post
    Waiting to try this just Cleaning my Napoleon total war folder, looks like this is the one i have been waiting for. Just a couple of question, the optional download music pack is that included with Napoleon total combat. Or do i need to install both of the downloads, ? And can you form squares with these large 400 men units i hope so.
    Music Pack is not included in the main package and is not required, 'tis optional.

And yes, reallly big ones!

hip63

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I suppose 40 units army is only for the campaign, not for custom battle?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I suppose 40 units army is only for the campaign, not for custom battle?
    Yes, still working on getting larger armies into custom battles, don't know if it is do-able but looking.

hip63

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Trying this asap and thank you for the welcome back hip appreciated i shall give feedback after i have spent a while playing it though it dont surprise me if i will ever come back xD addicted lol.

Patrician Artifex

Good to see yo back Gas

enjoy

hip63

hi there good job for the mod.
    I want too notice it seem 4 gig of ram is not enought for death or glory campaign with all option enebles in video, standard ntc unit size, in game graphic option all at ultra.
    I got insuficiant memory when loading for a battle in campaign a tiny one 5 vs 5 units.
    But i can play a custom battle 20 vs 20 units that why i post this .
    Anybody can play the death or glory campaign all maxed with 4gig ram?
    my system spec is
    i5 2500k
    4gig
    gtx 580
    window 7 64

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Turin1985 View Post
    hi there good job for the mod.
    I want too notice it seem 4 gig of ram is not enought for death or glory campaign with all option enebles in video, standard ntc unit size, in game graphic option all at ultra.
    I got insuficiant memory when loading for a battle in campaign a tiny one 5 vs 5 units.
    But i can play a custom battle 20 vs 20 units that why i post this .
    Anybody can play the death or glory campaign all maxed with 4gig ram?
    my system spec is
    i5 2500k
    4gig
    gtx 580
    window 7 64
    I made DoG and units sizes scalable because it may be too much for some systems to run gaint armies and giant unit sizes. You may want try with 30 stacks and use the reduced units sizes but don't worry, the battles will still feel (and still are) really big.

Also you could try lowering your display setting just slight amount.

hip63

Greetings, I downloaded and installed your mod last night and was having a lot of fun with it. I come back today and I get the same issue Aragorn1963 had - everything I try results in a CTD when trying to load a new campaign or a saved game. All I have installed in this and NTF (fresh install of NTW last night before installing these). I have tried reverifying my files through steam, uninstalled both mods, installed the mods individually, tried the default battle and campaign options, altering the options, and making sure that the appropriate folders and shortcuts are set to run as an administrator with appropriate user permissions but nothing seems to work. I can start the game through steam and play the default version, but I'd love to get this working again. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Laetus

Thanks hip, so looking forward to this. Now lets see if my Graphics card can handle it well What the hell. Time to get into it, will let you know how i go.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by dasguise View Post
    Greetings, I downloaded and installed your mod last night and was having a lot of fun with it. I come back today and I get the same issue Aragorn1963 had - everything I try results in a CTD when trying to load a new campaign or a saved game. All I have installed in this and NTF (fresh install of NTW last night before installing these). I have tried reverifying my files through steam, uninstalled both mods, installed the mods individually, tried the default battle and campaign options, altering the options, and making sure that the appropriate folders and shortcuts are set to run as an administrator with appropriate user permissions but nothing seems to work. I can start the game through steam and play the default version, but I'd love to get this working again. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Well with Argon1963, it was problem with the computer, not the mod.

Have you set permissions to the folder?

Also a reboot did wonders for his issue as well.

Most of the time, the issue you describing is permissions related

hip63

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

sorry if already asked..
    But can i play this with Lè Montee Lè empire mod? and if i can, how?
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    sorry if already asked..
    But can i play this with Lè Montee Lè empire mod? and if i can, how?
    I have not really looked into that mod but I doubt it. Most major mods do not play well together.

hip63

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    I have not really looked into that mod but I doubt it. Most major mods do not play well together.

hip63
    Well... i try and tell you!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

All in all I must say this mod is excellent!The ai handles its stacks very well and presents an aggressive front after the initial build up,resulting in cataclysmic and decisive engagements.I am glad to see the end of the days when the fate of a nation would be decided by the destruction of a feeble half stack.Now it truly feels as if the engagements are on a national scale.Two things I would like to see down the road though is the inclusion of AOR units for as it is well documented multi national forces were quite common,especially amongst the French who as we know were quite aggresive about enlisting the forces of the newly conquered to fight under the banner of the French Empire.Also I would like to see the full integration of the Ultimate AI mod on the battle field,for I feel it handles the large stacks better than what is currently presented.As well with the welcome addition of huge lines(the 400 men per line option)I think it would benefit the ai and their strategies to implement the No buildings in city battle mod(I forget its author) as the large units get a bit hung up on the terrain currently.Thank you for all of the incredible efforts and time that has undoubtedly gone into providing us this excellent experience!!!!!

Laetus

I agree with you Fracchione. so far from my first look at this mod, and having played the all on one with NTF i think the combination of the Two would be perfect. Yes am sorry but i do think Size matters.

Laetus

Well first impressions very smooth installer no crashes yet, yet to find out for myself full content of this mod. The Battles i have had so far are big only if with a few stacks that's because ive only just started playing. No problems with these large stacks. This Mod takes all the confusion out of installation. Very well done. Nice attention to detail in Army menu and clear to see what you are buying. The music pack is a nice addition to this mod. I also agreed with Fracchione The combination of the all in one mod with this Would all most make it complete and as it should be. Darn nice work to the team. Hope it does not finish here Thanks to all the modders for making this game how it should be.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    All in all I must say this mod is excellent!The ai handles its stacks very well and presents an aggressive front after the initial build up,resulting in cataclysmic and decisive engagements.I am glad to see the end of the days when the fate of a nation would be decided by the destruction of a feeble half stack.Now it truly feels as if the engagements are on a national scale.Two things I would like to see down the road though is the inclusion of AOR units for as it is well documented multi national forces were quite common,especially amongst the French who as we know were quite aggresive about enlisting the forces of the newly conquered to fight under the banner of the French Empire.Also I would like to see the full integration of the Ultimate AI mod on the battle field,for I feel it handles the large stacks better than what is currently presented.As well with the welcome addition of huge lines(the 400 men per line option)I think it would benefit the ai and their strategies to implement the No buildings in city battle mod(I forget its author) as the large units get a bit hung up on the terrain currently.Thank you for all of the incredible efforts and time that has undoubtedly gone into providing us this excellent experience!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricornis View Post
    Well first impressions very smooth installer no crashes yet, yet to find out for myself full content of this mod. The Battles i have had so far are big only if with a few stacks that's because ive only just started playing. No problems with these large stacks. This Mod takes all the confusion out of installation. Very well done. Nice attention to detail in Army menu and clear to see what you are buying. The music pack is a nice addition to this mod. I also agreed with Fracchione The combination of the all in one mod with this Would all most make it complete and as it should be. Darn nice work to the team. Hope it does not finish here Thanks to all the modders for making this game how it should be.
    Thanks for all the kind words! And yes, Thoragos, ToonTotalWar and I have planned all along to bring the All in One Mod and NTC together into a juggernaut of modding goodness. It will just take some time.

HOWEVER until then NTC v4.0 BETA II will soon be coming your way and if you like Beta I, well then BETA II just might make your heads explode!

More Mods!

More Options!

More of Everything!

I mean just look at the current change log for Beta II:

EDIT: UPDATED!! SEE MY OTHER POST BELOW!!!!
    MAN! IT'S GONNA HURT!

NAPOLEON: TOTAL COMBAT v4.0 BETA II COMING SOON!
    (and I mean really soon!)

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 07, 2011 at 10:14 AM.