Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1169

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    probably by editing the startpos.
    okay
    how do we do it?
    what startpos with what program does your open it and what to do I suck in computer science can you help me
    tank you

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I used EsfEditor at the time, may be new tools have evolved, but I no longer mod NTW, only Warhammer, so I'm not sure.

There is somewhere a list of armies for each faction, with the armies and units already in the map at game start. And they have the number of men (this is used if a 120 units, but takes 40 casualties in a battle, then number of men would show 80).
    If you increase number of men in PFM, it will apply to new units recruited later, but not to starting unit : you'll need to edit their current strength in the startpos

I used EsfEditor at the time, may be new tools have evolved, but I no longer mod NTW, only Warhammer, so I'm not sure.

There is somewhere a list of armies for each faction, with the armies and units already in the map at game start. And they have the number of men (this is used if a 120 units, but takes 40 casualties in a battle, then number of men would show 80).
    If you increase number of men in PFM, it will apply to new units recruited later, but not to starting unit : you'll need to edit their current strength in the startpos

Hi
    can you tell me in which files i should search because i can't find anything

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Everything you need to know about START.POS is covered in a tutorial.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-modifications

Also, don't forget to check the ETW modding index which is almost the same for NTW with a few exceptions.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...or-Napoleon-TW
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 14, 2021 at 02:39 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by castoche View Post
    Hi
    can you tell me in which files i should search because i can't find anything

Hi
    I would like to open the MoE_eur_napoleon \ startpos.esf file, but when I click on CAMPAIGN_ENV its crashes and I get the message (unsupported value type 107 at 0) yet I tried with esfEdittor 1.4.4; 1.4.5; 1.4 .6 nothing works is there another solution?

Patrician Artifex

I used mostly 1.4.3, 1.4.5, and sometimes 1.4.8

I used mostly 1.4.3, 1.4.5, and sometimes 1.4.8

thanks to you it works with 1.4.3

Hey Steph, French Grande Batterie is still using vanilla-ish unit icon. Is it left out accidentally or intentionally?

Patrician Artifex

You shouldn't see the Grande Batterie I think. As far as I remember, I removed that.

You shouldn't see the Grande Batterie I think. As far as I remember, I removed that.
    Hmm.. strange. I just revalidated your mod by connecting to the server, and still seeing Grande Batterie. And I have no other mods also.
    I don't know if that unit is there in campaign map but I am seeing it in custom battle. So far it is just that one unit and everything else is fine. It is no big issue though.
    If it will be quicker, can you please tell me where in db table I can check/remove that unit by myself? Thanks in advance.

Patrician Artifex

I think I removed it from the campaign, maybe not from custom battle.

I won't made any update of the mod since I lost all my files due to HD failure, so you have to do it yourself if you want to correct something.

Okay, Thanks for your reply, Steph. I will look around and see if I can fix myself. And Thanks again for the great mod !! It is very satisfying to play with many regional units.

Hi - game boots no problem but there is no sounds after the intros. Removing the mods fixes the problem; any idea what is causing this?

I can hear my italian units have turkish unit voices when im playing as Italy in campaign

Patrician Artifex

Italian campaign or grand campaign? Mod is for Grand Campaign only

Grand Campaign

It happens sometimes

I noticed it also have same issue in my Prussia grand campaign, I think maybe i did something wrong with my turkish unit voices pack

Patrician Artifex

Also, you can't have any other mod adding units. Not compatible with voices