Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1169

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

the report 2) ive post is urgency ive noticed it kills the Spain AI i think, becaus the only roads that go out of spain to europe go throught Acquitaine, i had 6-9 Spain Stack waiting in catalonia and navare my whole campaign, +

England did a rush throught France at one moment there were no french Army in Acquitaine but they attacked toulouse instead wich was full of french stacks, i think this region is broken (Acquitaine)

i play as Austria

FYI......In the New Spain Map.....you have Bogota/New GRENADA. Wrong Grenada is an Island in the Carribbean....the correct naming is : Bogota Nueva (New) GRANADA

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

New Spain map? For NTW??

Quote Originally Posted by nanotyk View Post
    the report 2) ive post is urgency ive noticed it kills the Spain AI i think, becaus the only roads that go out of spain to europe go throught Acquitaine, i had 6-9 Spain Stack waiting in catalonia and navare my whole campaign, +

England did a rush throught France at one moment there were no french Army in Acquitaine but they attacked toulouse instead wich was full of french stacks, i think this region is broken (Acquitaine)

i play as Austria
    i hope a Fix for this will come soon as i see it as a major probleme in the Campaign!

i am willing to help for this, i ve already investigated but found nothing, it s hard to find the same bug.

I play custom battle for the moment to wait the Fix.

Patrician Artifex

I"ve been thinkign about the crashes in battles during the campaign. It's very difficult to correct, since we don't have a clear reproducible behaviour (like everytime I have a Russian Guard infantry 1812 it crashes). Apparently it doesn't come from the units themselves, since trying a custom battle with exactly the same units on both sides work. It could be related to a terrain specificities with a random map, but I didn't mod much for this. And I don't see why this random map would happen more in end game than early game.

Since the problem seems to more a lot more frequent when advancing in the campaign, it's likely to be caused by something appearing later, or stacking.
    It could be:
    - A specific unit. But then it should crash also in custom battle
    - A tech or a combination of techs. Maybe when several techs are added together they create an issue? I don't know what, just imagination here, but if for example a unit has a -20% cost reduction, and you have this 6 times, it could create a -120% cost reduction, so a negative cost and a crash?
    - Or maybe it's a trait for generals that could create these issues.

I think the most likely would be something tech related.

But techs are not reasy to revert, as they are also in the startpos, and there are many, so finding the buggy one will be hard.

I may have an idea to try to solve this, bu since my free time is very limtied at the moment, I'll need help.

Here is the idea:
    - I make several version of the core files, with a direct link to replace it (not part of the installer), just for testing purpose.
    - I will keep all the techs, to avoid changing the startpos, but remove all the effects, except allowing new units.
    - Several players try the campaign and confirm if it improve things.
    - If not, we try without any effect all. If ti still doesn't work, then the error doesn't come from techs.
    - If yes, I could try to enable again some effects, progressively, and try to isolate which one.

I think I could find the time to produce the test version. But not for testings I'd be depended on you guys. So who is ready to help?

Hi Steph! You have an awesome mod and we appreciate you being always helpful to us mere mortals who asks questions about modding. I play as Great Britain and I'm trying to take the island of Corsica and every time I finish the battle and load into the Campaign map it crashes. I tried a couple of times to repeat the battle and I still get the same problem. Reading through your answers in your forum I tested what you listed above that it might have to do with the tech/units and this is what I got:

The error occurs because I have a sharpshooter unit and when I moved it out of my stack of units then tried AGAIN to take the settlement and VIOLA it worked. I didn't experience a CTD when the game loaded unto the campaign map. Another sign that I noticed is that the game will crash when there is a sound bug where cannons and muskets wont have sound effects.

I hope that these would help and keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I"ve been thinkign about the crashes in battles during the campaign. It's very difficult to correct, since we don't have a clear reproducible behaviour (like everytime I have a Russian Guard infantry 1812 it crashes). Apparently it doesn't come from the units themselves, since trying a custom battle with exactly the same units on both sides work. It could be related to a terrain specificities with a random map, but I didn't mod much for this. And I don't see why this random map would happen more in end game than early game.

Since the problem seems to more a lot more frequent when advancing in the campaign, it's likely to be caused by something appearing later, or stacking.
    It could be:
    - A tech or a combination of techs. Maybe when several techs are added together they create an issue? I don't know what, just imagination here, but if for example a unit has a -20% cost reduction, and you have this 6 times, it could create a -120% cost reduction, so a negative cost and a crash?

But techs are not reasy to revert, as they are also in the startpos, and there are many, so finding the buggy one will be hard.

I may have an idea to try to solve this, bu since my free time is very limtied at the moment, I'll need help.

Here is the idea:
    - I make several version of the core files, with a direct link to replace it (not part of the installer), just for testing purpose.
    - I will keep all the techs, to avoid changing the startpos, but remove all the effects, except allowing new units.
    - If not, we try without any effect all. If ti still doesn't work, then the error doesn't come from techs.
    - If yes, I could try to enable again some effects, progressively, and try to isolate which one.

I think I could find the time to produce the test version. But not for testings I'd be depended on you guys. So who is ready to help?

I am ready to test things, but first i will try to give you my experience playing this mod.
    I did 2 austrian campaigns in october 2017 witht the last MOE version of the time but with a good pc
    i ve finish the first one but had some crashes, the second i wasnt able to finish it because of crashes

Now i play on a Very good config and i can play as many campaign as i want and sorry to say that but i meet nearly NO crash

i remember one crash i took a screen it was against danemark just leftside of copenhage, i ve restart plenty times the battle it has always crashs before starting
    so i decided to retreat my army (so this time the enemy attack me and its not me attacking him) i tried to do that battle i cant it always crash before starting (My army did not retreat very far so i was in the same "area")
    What is interresting is that i had to loose on autoresolve, and the same danish army with exactly same units attack one of my army really more south in danemark, near Oldenburg 1 turn later
    this time i was able to play the battle and kill them

The point i say that its that crash can depends on other things that techs, for that specific exemple i asked my self if it could come from the campaign battlefields maps,

Despite i nearly never crash on campaign map, i crash sometime during battle,
    but i realise that if i try to not abuse ZQSD + "MOUSE ADVANCE MAP" at the same time or reduce the speed of battle, i never crash (my hypothesis on this is that crash come from engine memory limitation)

One things i must say is that i always play my campaign by puting taxes on the lowest, i never research tech with negativ impact on happiness

i can help

Patrician Artifex

Interesting. How many RAM do you have? And are you using Windows 10? What about the others with crashes?

I can help in testing your mod if that would be ok Steph.

I use to have 8 gb of RAM, now i have 12 gb with a better processor and a better graphic card too.
    Other crashes i remember on my actual settings during Battle: <------those giving me the same thought about engine limitation

1)-------------- i start the battle on slow speed mod then i give all the orders to my army, in this specific situation there is a mix of Cav and Inf on my screen (mines) but the AI is moving on radar so in battle too. now i move my screen on battlefield looking my army and give the orders to run and turn the speed game on normal ----> Crash

2)---------------I am camping with at least 6 artyllery,,, enemy come at range but i am in no firing orders mod, then i give order to shoot without giving target, all my guns are looking forward, None move before shooting so ALL the guns shoot simultaneously (I DONT MOVE MY SCREEN ON BATTLEFIELD) ---> instant crash (this is the Only crash i remember to have had without moving my screen)
    i had a mix 6 and 12 pounder i think

3) i remember One time ON CUSTOM BATTLE where its really harder to crash, i made a test with a small battle but i was completely abusing the move of my screen particularly turning the screen while going diagonal with ZD or ZQ, i met a crash

ON Campaign MAp i meet nowodays nearly no Crash so i cant remember one particularly exept the one near copenhag

Really i Would like that some of the complainer try to do some battle with consideration of what i said to see if they meet less crash: - dont use ZQSD to move screen + the mouse going limitation of the screen to move it on battlfield simultaneously (i hope you understand...) its a way used to move faster the screen on battlefield but better choose one of them (the best in term of NO crash is using the mouse only)
    If this is not working, Try to do the Battle In Slow Mod I have NEVER crash on slow mod (with my new cfg..)

Hey! So far its a great mod experience for me! So far my only problem is with music. There is more then one track plays. (One plays when you zoom in your cities) Sooo given time it gets pretty annoying. I dont know is it intended feature or just a bug. Thanks for help!

Patrician Artifex

Intended, they idea is to have faction specific music when zooming on a city (i.e. zoom on Scotland, you get pipes).

Intended, they idea is to have faction specific music when zooming on a city (i.e. zoom on Scotland, you get pipes).
    I see.. So is there a way to stop that music to play? Or just make the 2 or 3 music not play at the same time?

Also I get constant ctd in my current prussia campaing when I battle against france in hannover region. That is first time in my whole campaing and it happened 3 times. Dunno why.
    Last edited by karasis; June 11, 2018 at 07:14 PM.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

I just had a battle with the AI well not really a battle as the AI just sat there & did nothing, the AI was deployed facing the wrong direction, the same direction as me.
    Leicestershire

I have the same problems as the people above - in sieges the defending AI just stands there doing nothing and only engages after I close in with infantry; the city music tracks overlap each other and I have to disable effects in sounds to make it stop and turn it on again in battles; sometimes I have random crashes in battle when zooming in; I had a reinforcement unit which came after a unit of mine retreated, just arrived and stood there, I had no control whatsoever over that reinforcement.

It could be:

Here is the idea:

im in to help. i like to play as Spain, if not i could play as other country no biggy just not Russia. never Russia.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi, is every settlement a fort settlement?

Patrician Artifex

Indirectly.... I'm using the fort slot for the administrative building, and it seems CA hard coded this slot as providing a fort automatically. But if you increase to level 3, the "automatic fort" should disappear.

Civis

Excellent mod, but always when loading a battle I get CTD (year 1806)

it's my sixth attempt and nothing, I can not continue

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MAIAN View Post
    Excellent mod, but always when loading a battle I get CTD (year 1806)

it's my sixth attempt and nothing, I can not continue
    Try to load a different save game. Could be the AI is doing something before that happens.