Thread: Why so many equites romani from socii allies in arretium and arriminium?

Default Why so many equites romani from socii allies in arretium and arriminium?

I do not expect i get 3 equites romani from the socii government which if i stack it with latin colony can turn into ridiculous 7 equites romani making an already easy task of supplying roman cavalry even more easier provided i use equites romani.

Shouldn't they supposed to be epokorion(since northern army start with one) or more local infantry like etruscan hoplite or leginu?

Default Re: Why so many equites romani from socii allies in arretium and arriminium?

There is no Italic cavalry for that area, which is why you end up with lots of them.

Cavalry and infantry have different budgets, they're not interchangeable.

Default Re: Why so many equites romani from socii allies in arretium and arriminium?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There is no Italic cavalry for that area, which is why you end up with lots of them.

Cavalry and infantry have different budgets, they're not interchangeable.
    Huh. Just seems strange that i got little local infantry from the north i can't even recruit cohors socii in the north for whatever reason

Are the north intended to be latinized first before the south since the north are lacking in local infantry manpower?

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Huh. Just seems strange that i got little local infantry from the north i can't even recruit cohors socii in the north for whatever reason

Are the north intended to be latinized first before the south since the north are lacking in local infantry manpower?
    It's not lacking in local manpower, the point is the locals are already Romanised there. They are represented by Roman units, not Italic ones barring a few exceptions.

The Cohors Sociorum are a central and southern Italian unit.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 28, 2021 at 06:12 AM.