Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore and Softcore Submods

Not yet, although they should basically work fine with it.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 23, 2018 at 07:56 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Updated for 1.2.4

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Updated for 1.2.4
    Dresden, I'm about 40 turns into a new Armenian campaign on v1.2.4 with the old 12TPY submod and everything seems to be working. What was changed in the new version? Should I restart the campaign?

It should all be fine/save compatible.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore Submod

First of all: I appreciate this mod so much! rly the best total war experience ive ever had, and im kind of a veteran. so thanks so much to the developer team!

now a question: if i use the hardcore submod with no increased ai aggression (DeI Hardcore 1.2 No CAI Aggression) from this thread, will it still work? as its not designed for the current version as far as i see it... it used to be the optimal setting for me. if not, will there be an updated version at some point?

thanks to dresden and the whole team

€dit: nvm, looks like its updated... still want the thanks to stay here!
    Last edited by Sir_Tobie; January 09, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

Yep it should be updated, enjoy!

Decanus

Is the Softcore/Only AI Aggression version up to date?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    Is the Softcore/Only AI Aggression version up to date?
    It should be.

Semisalis

Is there a version that combines the hardcore changes to population growth and cultual conversion?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If you want an hardcore population and an hardcore conversion you may use the testudo turtle parts (population and cultural tensio), they should be 99% compatible (load them first).
    dardo's cultural tension is changing many things about buildings too so it will conflict with the official hardcore mod

Semisalis

Yes I know about hardcore and dardo's submod not being compatible. I was using cultural tension at first and was quite enjoying it, but then my empire started growing and because of the way things work in that submod cultural conversion became way too fast. In fact it was faster then base DEI so i reverted to that and was searching for something more to my liking. I'll try your testudo packs then, thanks for your advice!

Updated for new release

EDIT: Ignore / delete this post, tried to launch the game whilst Steam was updating
    Last edited by Swarbs; August 07, 2019 at 03:22 AM.

Stupid question, but what does CAI mean? If I want a mod that maintains the aggressive nature of the AI, but provides the softcore bonuses, would I use the DeI Softcore 1.2 No CAI Aggression mod?

CAI is campaign AI, so yes you would use the No CAI Aggression version.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Divide et Impera Hardcore Submod

Hi guys, new to the forum so not sure if this right section to ask on. I'm trying to activate softcore only AI mod, however I'm not sure how to get it working? I've clicked the link which has downloaded the pack but not sure what to do from there? It's not showing in the Launcher? Any help appreciated, Thanks

Patrician

Welcome
    Remind that you'll be able to edit your posts as soon as you reach 25 posts.

If you download a pack from TWC you'll have to:

A)
    Put the chosed packs into the data folder (..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    B) Remember to revert to the old manager: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager
    C) Start Rome II
    D) In Mod Manger, check "Enable Out of Date Mods"
    E) Make sure all chosed packs are checked green. Their load order should be ok. It is given by the number of @, the more they are the more previous the mod is loaded/must be loaded
    F) Play

Thanks Jake!! Working now Thanks for the help

I'm trying to find a submod for high difficulty in a multiplayer campaign but normal battles vs just the hardcore/softcore mods. These ones seem to be outdated along with the ones I found on workshop.

I have a good amount of experience modding with basic understanding of the pack manager for Rome 2 and see the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables section.

What section would I be modifying in here? Would I be essentially be replacing the normal effects values with the hard ones in the same column?

Is the campaign_difficulty_handicap column the games difficulty but for humans vs players? If so what does -3 to 3 represent for each row?

Thanks for any help!

Patrician

campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables:

for player (true into human column)

-3 legendary
    -2 vh
    -1 hard
    0 normal
    1 easy

for AI (false into human column)

3 legendary
    2 vh
    1 hard
    0 normal
    -1 easy

so to play at normal with hard values you'll simply have to copy the hard values into the normal lines.
    that's all you need to change