Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: Reform requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Balkan Beast View Post
    What are the cities for the Pahlava reform? The description is kinda confusing cause it mixes cities and regions.
    Also what is the name of the level 4 farm and what gov type/city level does it require?
    I hope it's not too high cause I had to sack these cities since they had 0% of my culture ;__;.
    Asaak, Hekatompylos, Ekbatana and Rhagae are the names of the cities.

It's called Large Scale Farming and requires a City (ie 6000+ households).

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2b

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Hello!

I have a problem with Nabatea... Imperial reforms would not trigger. I have 5 hellenistic polies, 5 minor polies and 2 metropolies, 5+ large markets, my FL is Philhellenos. That's for sure. And the turn number is 340, so the Thorakitai reform must have been triggered ages ago. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to check if the Thorakitai reform did fire? Maybe it was that reform that is bugged and did not happen, hindering my reform. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Colos
    Hello!

I'm afraid this problem still persists. Playing 2.2D, have 4 poleis, 4 large markets, FL (and FH) is Philhellenos. This time the late Hellenistic reform surely happened, I got the message window, and have new units in the merc pool.

I checked the campaign script and EDB but found nothing, except maybe that the name for the large market is different in the camaign script that from the EDB, not sure that matters, though.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm afraid this problem still persists. Playing 2.2D, have 4 poleis, 4 large markets, FL (and FH) is Philhellenos. This time the late Hellenistic reform surely happened, I got the message window, and have new units in the merc pool.

I checked the campaign script and EDB but found nothing, except maybe that the name for the large market is different in the camaign script that from the EDB, not sure that matters, though.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    The Settled reform fired fine? What size are the Polis buildings you have - Minor Hellenistic Poleis' don't count.

The name isn't different, it requires bigger than market_three, ie market_four, which is the Large Market.

Settled reform fired wonderously. Have one minor and 3 metropolies.

Loaded an older save, before Hell. reforms to test if you have to obtain polies and large markets before turn 203 (Hell reform time), still nothing.

In the next test run I will try to have a new FL after turn 203 (I used the current Philhellen one for settling down, maybe that's the problem?).

Will provide feedback asap.

Colos
    Last edited by Colos1987; November 23, 2016 at 01:07 AM.

It doesn't make any difference when or in what order you meet the requirements, only that you do.

I see Any advice, or suggestion?

Colos

I see Any advice, or suggestion?

Colos
    Now I call for help to review the script, and see where it's going wrong. Hopefully we'll have it fixed in 2.2e.

EDIT: Which I think we've cracked, thanks to Gigantus; it's an error in the processing sequence of the monitors used. CharacterTurnStart on the check for reform conditions needs to be CharacterTurnEnd.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 24, 2016 at 02:36 AM.

Cool, thanks Is it save compatible?

Cool, thanks Is it save compatible?
    No, unfortunately not. No script changes are, because the script is compiled at the start of the game. Worst of all, it's a really tiny text edit that makes it work. If you're willing to start a new game before 2.2e comes out, you could try it yourself (you need to use Notepad++ or another proper editor to make the change).

Change this:

Code:
        monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType f_nabatu
            and IsFactionLeader
            and Trait Philhellene > 0							;;; Faction leader has the requisite "Philhellene" trait
            and I_EventCounter ecNabatu_Settled > 0 			;;; first reform has happened
            and I_EventCounter ecThorakitaiReform > 0 			;;; late Hellenistic reform has happened
            and I_CompareCounter nabatu_hel_poleis > 2			;;; have at least 3 major Greek settlements
            and I_CompareCounter nabatu_trade_centers > 2		;;; have at least 3 major markets
            ;set_event_counter ecNabatu_Settled 0				;;; Settled reform
            set_event_counter ecNabatu_Imperial 1				;;; Empire reform
            set_religion f_nabatu rel_c							;;; change to Eastern Imperial "religion"
            historic_event HE_NABATU_IMPERIAL factions { f_nabatu, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    To this:

Code:
        monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType f_nabatu
            and IsFactionLeader
            and Trait Philhellene > 0							;;; Faction leader has the requisite "Philhellene" trait
            and I_EventCounter ecNabatu_Settled > 0 			;;; first reform has happened
            and I_EventCounter ecThorakitaiReform > 0 			;;; late Hellenistic reform has happened
            and I_CompareCounter nabatu_hel_poleis > 2			;;; have at least 3 major Greek settlements
            and I_CompareCounter nabatu_trade_centers > 2		;;; have at least 3 major markets
            ;set_event_counter ecNabatu_Settled 0				;;; Settled reform
            set_event_counter ecNabatu_Imperial 1				;;; Empire reform
            set_religion f_nabatu rel_c							;;; change to Eastern Imperial "religion"
            historic_event HE_NABATU_IMPERIAL factions { f_nabatu, }
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 25, 2016 at 06:05 AM.

Oh boy This is my 3rd Nabatean campaign I have to abandon I think I will wait for 2.2e. Assuming it comes out in a few weeks?

Thanks anyway!

Colos

Oh boy This is my 3rd Nabatean campaign I have to abandon I think I will wait for 2.2e. Assuming it comes out in a few weeks?

Thanks anyway!

Colos
    It'll probably be in a few days, just making some final changes today.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Wooow!!!
    very well done!

it will be a standalone or a patch? I am waiting for the new standalone version, take your time by the way, no hurry, even if I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Wooow!!!
    very well done!

it will be a standalone or a patch? I am waiting for the new standalone version, take your time by the way, no hurry, even if I can't wait
    No, like 2.2d2 it'll be another patch.

The next full installer will be 2.3. No idea when that will be, though. I'd highly recommend playing the patched update over continuing with 2.2b; not only are there new features, but there's all sorts of bugs fixed too.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Just posting that I'm trying to make roman reform trigger between turn 100~150 but after a kinda big battle with Cartaghe in Sicily and a sunk fleet with 3/4 stack inside I never was able to see they amass more than 10 units together again...

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Is it normal that after the Polybian reform, you still can't recruit roman troops in Cisalpine Gaul, Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia?
    Wasn't it possible in EB I?
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Quote Originally Posted by TiTiTimmy View Post
    Is it normal that after the Polybian reform, you still can't recruit roman troops in Cisalpine Gaul, Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia?
    Wasn't it possible in EB I?
    The short answer is this isn't EB1. Recruitment is completely different; you never get Roman troops outside of Italy, besides Cisalpine Gaul and Illyria (and not til the Marian reforms for those two).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM.

Hi
    I have a question.
    Is Hellenic reform and Konion reform different from each other ? I mean does that mean each of them add different things and units ?
    Because I got a reform but I'm not sure which of them was triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Kronos View Post
    Hi
    I have a question.
    Is Hellenic reform and Konion reform different from each other ? I mean does that mean each of them add different things and units ?
    Because I got a reform but I'm not sure which of them was triggered.
    The Hellenistic reforms are universal and simple date-triggers. It activates new units for all Hellenistic factions and some others besides.

The Koinon Hellenon reforms are specific to KH and complicated. It has nothing whatsoever to do with units, but unlocks new governments for KH.

I am happy to report that all the Nabatean reforms are now functioning properly... man, the Imperial one makes Nabatu pretty powerful

I am happy to report that all the Nabatean reforms are now functioning properly... man, the Imperial one makes Nabatu pretty powerful
    Thanks for persevering, and glad we got there in the end. Yes, given what you have to go through to achieve it, the end result should be worthwhile.

Their post-reform governments are pretty good, as is being able to build Native Colonies.