Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/04/2012)

Default NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 28/04/2012)

NTF is an all factions playable (included emergent), for all campaigns of Napoleon Total War, easy to install and run: just click 'n play! Campaigns are offered in SP and MP mode.

Special thanks to alpaca for his contribution in releasing version 3.0. Unlocking factions in game's menu is his work.

NTF Launcher:

NTF comes with a launcher making playing the md just a matter of 2 clicks. Select campaign, campaign mode (sp or mp) and you are good to go! From v. 3.5 launcher is made fully in Visual Basic, using no batch or script files, in an attempt to help users experiencing problems with their anti-virus. For the same reason editing user.script.txt is not needed any more to play NTF. From File menu you can have an easy access in user script, preferences script and save games. In Utilities menu there is Check Files utility added in all my launchers. This utility checks the files in your game's data folder and informs you about the files you have there and they do not belong to vanilla or NTF. This is useful when you want to see if there are any forgotten files that perhaps causing you problems.

Released versions and changing log:

version 3.6.1

* New useful futures and utilities in mod's launcher (detailed manual in menu Help). Now campaigns can be selectd only in menu, Campaigns.
    * MP campaigns restored.
    * Campaigns restored without cities conversions to avoid save game corrupted files.
    * Extra campaigns (United Netherlands, Italy) reworked. Now Italy starts in Northern Italy and owns Piedmont as well.
    * Skin changing removed for a shorter release time. It will be added again in a future version.
    * Other changes

Previous versions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

version 3.6

* All capitols of minor and emergent factions have been upgraded in 3 slot cities (if they were smaller than that).
    * Game scripts reworked eliminating AI passive game.
    * New startpos made with EasyEsf. Now the same files are used for SP and MP saving some MB on your HD thanks to multiplayer modfolder by T.C.
    * France is playable in a MP game.
    * Campaigns can be also selected from menu bar. This is very useful especially for the next addition:
    * Skin changer has been added so you can choose one of the 10 available skins for NTF launcher.
    * Options now remain in launcher's memory so you do not have to enable them every time you start mod.
    * Other minor changes.

version 3.5.1

* Mod launcher reworked fixing problems of 3.5 version
    * More futures added making launcher even more friendly for the user. More infos: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10107724

version 3.5

* New launcher
    * Extra campaigns (Italy, Netherlands) now also in multiplayer mode.

version 3.4

* New script added making NTF a click and play mod (read instructions).
    * Vanilla choice has been removed in NTF campaigns menu.

version 3.3

* Peninsula campaign has been added.
    * Portugal is playable.
    * Locked Austrian armies in Italian campaign are released after the first battle, thanks to Rizz's script.
    * Other graphic improvement with the help of DRunkCoWBoy699

version 3.2

* Double building chain bug has been fixed
    * General and Admiral recruitment has been added for Hannover
    * Other minor changes

version 3.1

* Fixed bug causing game freeze in France's AI turn when playing as certain factions

version 3.0

* New in game UI thanks to alpaca's work
    * All campaigns available in mp mod.
    * Hannover has been added as an available faction (all emergent)
    * Victory conditions have been reworked for all factions
    * Other graphical changes

version 2.3

* Egyptian campaign only changes
    * Starting British fleet revealed from shroud
    * Restriction that did not allowed Cyprus troops to move out of city has been removed.* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.
    * All updates after version 2.0 are included.

version 2.2

* Milan and Trient factions have been added in Italian campaign.
    * Problem with Austria in Italian campaign have been fixed.
    * Update 2.1 is included.
    * You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.

version 2.1

* FoW properly αplied for Italian and Egyptian campaigns. Now only player's regions are revealed.
    * Restrictions of Italian and Egyptian campaigns have been removed
    * Napoleon's portrait has been added for France in grand campaign.

version 2.0

* New GUI
    * All campaigns
    * All known bugs of previous version are fixed

version 1.1

* FoW removed from trade fleets of Spain, Ottomans, Portugal, Netherlands and one swedish army.
    * Venice is fixed.
    * Missing treasuries for some factions is fixed.
    * All emergent can recruit one admiral/general after 1st turn.

version 1.0

* GUI has been added by Hip63.
    * If you play as emergent, all the other emergent are present in campaign's start.

Installation and instructions

First uninstall any previous version of NTF. Then decompress NTF361.7z and run NTF_setup.exe following the installer's instructions. Make sure you install mod in your game's directory (...\napoleon total war\) browsing in another installation path than default, if necessary. The mod uses its own mod folder and do not overwrite any of vanilla files. After mod installation proceed in installing the update.

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com

Link 2: http://www.gamefront.com

UPDATE: Download attached and extract it in ...\napoleon total war\NTF replacing existing files.

IMPORTANT : To run the mod launch Steam manually and then start NTF. The mod is compatible with new Napoleon Total Combat. If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...\napoleon total war\NTF\NTF_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags:

Code:

Now also available: Empire: Total Factions

Special thanks to the friends of Startpos Mod for their help to improve the mod. Also many thanks to shenryyr for his detailed feed back. Thank you all guys !

Last edited by husserlTW; June 19, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

Default Re: NAPOLEON TOTAL FACTIONS.....(last update 03/05/2010)

Works perfectly

Only the Greeks talk like the Ottomans and every city around them has full garrisons...
    Last edited by MemnonOfRhodes; May 13, 2010 at 07:58 AM.

Play Balkan mod if you like Greece.

Is it me or you also need to download/install Toon'sTotalWar mod besides installing your NTF Special Edition? Cause it only weighs 479KB ??

You have to download and install Toon's pack if you want to play with it.

Foederatus

Default Questions from a NTW NOOB

I have a some questions and I hope I can post here.

-- I downloaded NTW from steam so can I still use this MOD?

The Instructions mention putting the user script file in the script directory but I believe my folder structure is incomplete as I don't see a folder called script(s).
    -- Can I just create a folder called script? If so where do I put it?

-- Or, do I need to unpack stuff? I see .pack files under the DATA folder. IF so what do I use to unpack and which files do I need to unpack?

Sorry to be a downer with these questions.

You can play mod. Scripts directory should be there: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\ for Win 7 and Vista, since it contains also user's preferences. If you have not used a mod before you should not have the user.script.txt which you have to create.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

The (Non-Papal) Italian states in the Italian campaign in my opinion don't have much diversity, especially because grenadier and dragoons can't be recruited. Would it be possible to allow Tier 3 barracks to be built in the campaign?

Also, light infantry would be nice, too, but I know none of the Italian factions have them.

Edit: I've attempted play Austria in the Italian campaign, but it seems they now don't have enough territories to support their armies anymore.

The only solution I can think of is to add a version of the Italian campaign without emergents.

And finally, Alvinci's army and another in Tyrol is "stuck" and can't move.

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Hi husserlTW, first congrats for this great mod, playing other countries is awesome.
    I have one problem though, i get no sounds ONLY when I return to the vanilla settings in the initial screen. when I choose another faction other than the vanilla, the sound works and I can play with any faction without problems, but when I return to the vanilla, the sound is gone.
    Install is fine and I edit user.script properlly. My other mods are for units only: aum_nap, georiders and bart07.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Thx in advance.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You can play mod. Scripts directory should be there: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\ for Win 7 and Vista, since it contains also user's preferences. If you have not used a mod before you should not have the user.script.txt which you have to create.

Awesome! thanks! Helps to look in the right directory. I was looking under steam!
    Im gonna give it a go! Great WORK! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jac_PS View Post
    Hi husserlTW, first congrats for this great mod, playing other countries is awesome.
    I have one problem though, i get no sounds ONLY when I return to the vanilla settings in the initial screen. when I choose another faction other than the vanilla, the sound works and I can play with any faction without problems, but when I return to the vanilla, the sound is gone.
    Install is fine and I edit user.script properlly. My other mods are for units only: aum_nap, georiders and bart07.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Thx in advance.
    Did you try what T.P. suggested you?

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Yes, I reinstalled the mod a couple of times, but the sound doesn't work. Strange is that I get no sounds only when I return to the Vanilla version, the other factions are OK, maybe something with the file NTF_disable.exe for me is not working properly, just an idea...
    I have no sound mods in my user.script.
    Thank you for your support husserlTW.

Great mod, really enjoying the new options and challenges of playing the minors. One question though for future updates: Will you be altering the victory conditions/regions required for each minor country; is that even possible within the code you can work with?

I ask because it seems that this is the most obvious 'fix' that would really add more flavor to the mod. I would be happy to offer up suggestion, etc. for the change if it's possible.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Ahem Husser, you didn't seem to reply to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    The (Non-Papal) Italian states in the Italian campaign in my opinion don't have much diversity, especially because grenadier and dragoons can't be recruited. Would it be possible to allow Tier 3 barracks to be built in the campaign?

Also, light infantry would be nice, too, but I know none of the Italian factions have them.

Edit: I've attempted play Austria in the Italian campaign, but it seems they now don't have enough territories to support their armies anymore.

The only solution I can think of is to add a version of the Italian campaign without emergents.

And finally, Alvinci's army and another in Tyrol is "stuck" and can't move.
    I have not checked that yet. You can disband the armies for improving your finance, can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac_PS View Post
    Yes, I reinstalled the mod a couple of times, but the sound doesn't work. Strange is that I get no sounds only when I return to the Vanilla version, the other factions are OK, maybe something with the file NTF_disable.exe for me is not working properly, just an idea...
    I have no sound mods in my user.script.
    Thank you for your support husserlTW.
    Start a vanilla game normally (not through my mod) check and report back please.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Great mod, really enjoying the new options and challenges of playing the minors. One question though for future updates: Will you be altering the victory conditions/regions required for each minor country; is that even possible within the code you can work with?

I ask because it seems that this is the most obvious 'fix' that would really add more flavor to the mod. I would be happy to offer up suggestion, etc. for the change if it's possible.
    Do you mean to change them? Because all factions have V.C.

Did you try what T.P. suggested you?
    it wont help, last time it helped but now it wont, idk whats wrong, I dont care about sound anyway coz I listen to music, but it would be good if you check it for other people xD

The problem is that I do not meet this problem so I cannot search for a solution... Can you try what I suggest in my previous answer to Jac_PS?

Start a vanilla game normally (not through my mod) check and report back please.
    I tried vanilla, still no sound xD

If you tried vanilla without my mod running then the problem is not with mod. Now, why this happened after you installed my mod? That is good question!

EDIT: What is your OS?

Hai husserlTW!
    I managed to get a legal copy of the game wooohoO!
    Anyways to the point, might be just me but I'm experiencing no loading of Toon's compilation pack after installing NTF_SP_A1 and only adding mod "NTF.pack"; line in my script. I also downloaded his mod to make sure everythig was alright.
    Instead to make it work I had to add mod Toons_Battle_AI.pack; command line into my script so I'm guessing the NTF_SP_A1 isn't doing its job? Or did I miss something?

Page 1 of 63 12345678910112651 ... LastLast