Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.3 (w/ conflict detection)

@Nuxes

Ya, that was the same error I got for me too, but it was with using 1.2 , I'll have to see about 1.3 though.

MP

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.2 (w/ conflict detection)

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    A conflict just means that the same file occurs in one or more other pack files. The file could be exactly the same and it would still be a conflict. But I would say some bad modifications to your warscape_animated tables could easily cause a crash.
    That was actually very helpful. I've been trying to figure out as much as possible to isolate the problem and fix it. So, most likely a "Conflict" will rarely if ever cause a crash, and it's probably just a bad modification?

EDIT Btw, what does the "models, patch" mean? I thought it was because I imported "warsape_animated/_lod" from my backup version of "patch.pack" which was still technically a "patch file" (as opposed to be a "mod" file, like the .pack I imported it to) but importing a new version of the files from a "mod" .pack didn't change the problem...
    Last edited by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken; March 30, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Default Re: Sound problem with Mod Manager

Ya the new patch that was meant to fix the sound just ruined it. The next patch should just remove the last one and that will fix most of the sound problems

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Sound problem with Mod Manager

I have not patched since March 10th and using version 1.0.1 Mod Manager and it works 100% with all mods as i have over 18 mods in manager??
    I have sound problems but this is related to my sound card and the game, not mod manager.

I suggest using any non related texture mods at the top of the queue in mod manager and this seems to rectify a few problems, give it a go

Only Conflict whit other mods should be shown as conflict, because so some when user starts the modmanager the first time, they could be confused that the original files shows hundrets of conflicts.

It was better when conflicts between original files dont be shown,
    and conflicts between mods an original files shown as overwritten original files
    and only conflicts between mods and mods shown as conflicts.

only an idea, but i think it makes the life of all mod user easyer

Hi there,
    upon starting the exe i´m getting an application error :
    " (0xc0000135) " application could not be initialised properly .
    am i missing some libraries or something like ms framework or alike to run the modmanager ?
    help woul be apreciated.

just downloaded the manager
    extracted all my mods into data folder but when start up the manager nothings is there?
    but if i tick off shot all pack types i can see all mods but cant tick them off ?
    how do you do this
    regards ryan

can you make a version without the show all pack type option?
    For User are the Release and the Patch Packs not importend
    they only whant to see their mods

Ok a real technical noob here.

Thanks for the tool Lieutenant, however if youll forgive me because Im probably one of the few people on forum who has troubles with this. :/

So ive downloaded darthmods mod, extracted it to my steam/steamapps/empiretotalwar/data path or something like that, so I shoudl be able to detect and enable it from your manager right? Or am I missing something?

So far all I see is a lot conflicts, like in the thousands. This doenst bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmek View Post
    can you make a version without the show all pack type option?
    For User are the Release and the Patch Packs not importend
    they only whant to see their mods
    I added the "show all packs" option because users were complaining that "none of my mods show up" when they weren't mod packs at all, they were patch packs.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeftp
    just downloaded the manager
    extracted all my mods into data folder but when start up the manager nothings is there?
    but if i tick off shot all pack types i can see all mods but cant tick them off ?
    how do you do this
    regards ryan
    It appears they still complain even though they should be able to clearly see that their "mods" are showing up under the giant blue header "Patch Packs" instead of "Mod Packs".

well how do i get it under the heading mods
    Last edited by blazeftp; March 30, 2009 at 09:07 AM.

Get them to fix their "mod" or fix it yourself using the Pack File Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    It appears they still complain even though they should be able to clearly see that their "mods" are showing up under the giant blue header "Patch Packs" instead of "Mod Packs".
    I think that he meant this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The checkbox is clearly missing ^^
    any way to fix it?
    redownload doesn't work, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiot View Post
    I think that he meant this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The checkbox is clearly missing ^^
    any way to fix it?
    redownload doesn't work, I tried.

I did and nothing showed up at all ^^...
    I will just try again ---> it showed up, dunno why nothing showed up before, my bad I guess ^^...

great work LtChambers on everything.

no what i meant was you have a file named
    "patch_mod_smoke"
    now i have another 4 mods which i download but in the downloads they are .Patch files
    so now i downloaded myself "packfilemanager" which allows you to change the .Patch files to .Mod files but here i have hit another brick wall
    open the patch file change to mod but when i save its still .Patch file
    God i fail

Miles

It's not .patch it's .pack and that's normal
    it has nothing to do with the type of pack

My Révolution Francaise Mod!

Once again help would be nice.
    This mod manager wouldn´t run on my machine - i´m getting the same error message over and over again :
    "Die Anwendung konnte nicht richtig initialisiert werden (oxc0000135). Klicken Sie auf "OK", um die Anwendung zu beenden."
    in english:

Application could not be initialised properly (0xc0000135). Press "ok" to cancel.

Miles

@kesmai:
    Edit the text file manualy. (go to any released mod thread and you'll find instructions).

@LTChambers:
    There's something I don't get with loading order.
    I've tried to do some compatibility "patches" for my mod to work with others but when they're in mod format they don't overwrite anything, they work fine in movie format through... (the script file was ordered like this: Base mod/My mod/patch)
    Is there a limit for one db to be overwritten or something else I don't get.

My Révolution Francaise Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by kesmai View Post
    Once again help would be nice.
    This mod manager wouldn´t run on my machine - i´m getting the same error message over and over again :
    "Die Anwendung konnte nicht richtig initialisiert werden (oxc0000135). Klicken Sie auf "OK", um die Anwendung zu beenden."
    in english:

Application could not be initialised properly (0xc0000135). Press "ok" to cancel.
    Do you have the .NET Framework 2.0 or greater? Did you keep all the application files together when you extracted it?