Page 2 of 364 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    This is a well known issue caused by the integration of the Erebor battlemap's integration with the DaC map. The error has been dealt with and is fixed fro 1.6.2
    1.6.2? Where is that at?

Miles

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    1.6.2? Where is that at?
    It haven't been released yet But is said to come before new year
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Just recently started playing third age and got this submod a few days ago. Its an amazing mod im just having ine small problem but im pretty sure it something i have done.

The games loading screens flash up but then go black, the game continues to work once loaded so its not a massive problem i would just prefer to be able to see the work of the new screens and quotes.

Thanks

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rmpgry View Post
    The games loading screens flash up but then go black, the game continues to work once loaded so its not a massive problem i would just prefer to be able to see the work of the new screens and quotes.
    Maybe you should try to run "cleaner.bat"? Do you have "daylight saving" enabled? Could also be a bad install ;(
    There used to be a long post with problems and their solutions somewhere, but i cannot find it...
    You should at first try these ^^
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Im trying to respond but im getting the following message :

1. Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

There are no links in my message and as far as i can see its all clean.

Ulidian's Avatar Foederatus

What mod is 'EB'? it's mentioned on someone's sig on the previous page...

I'm having an issue, I installed it all as instructed and started up the game started a campaign but when I click the start button it just goes back to the previous screen to select what campaign I want to play. I've tested fellowship and have the same result.

The Next/Start button in the bottom right has the same effect as the back button in the bottom left.

Version 1.6.1
    Last edited by mesor; December 12, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Quote Originally Posted by mesor View Post
    I'm having an issue, I installed it all as instructed and started up the game started a campaign but when I click the start button it just goes back to the previous screen to select what campaign I want to play. I've tested fellowship and have the same result.

The Next/Start button in the bottom right has the same effect as the back button in the bottom left.

Version 1.6.1
    Delete map.rwm file located in M2TW/ mods/ Folder where MOS is installed/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder. Also, run Cleaner.bat file located in Folder where MOS is installed.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Version 1.6.1
    And fellowship campaign does not work with this mod

Libertus

Will be included new custom settlements by leo.civil in next version of MOS (Gondor+Elves settlements, Dale...)?

Theres no map.rwm file that I can see in that folder and no Cleaner.bat file either.

Testing it up to 1.50 works perfectly.

1.60 it starts the campaign goes to loading screen then flashes black and crashes.
    1.61 the next/start button does the same thing that back does.

I'm downloading those 2 parts fresh to check it wasn't a corrupted file.
    Last edited by mesor; December 12, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.

It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.

It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Theres no map.rwm file that I can see in that folder and no Cleaner.bat file either.

Testing it up to 1.50 works perfectly.

1.60 it starts the campaign goes to loading screen then flashes black and crashes.
    1.61 the next/start button does the same thing that back does.

I'm downloading those 2 parts fresh to check it wasn't a corrupted file.
    It is due to wrong installation path. Be sure to point the Installers to the location of YOUR Medieval II Total War/ mods/ Third_Age_3 folder.

Overwrite files when asked, leave that box checked at the end of installation so it can run Cleaner.bat file on its own.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I did, I'll redo it again now and see but thats what I did both times.

The next/start problem is gone but flash of black then the game is closed is happening on 1.6.1 now. Mine is steam btw so it's installing into it in the steam folder not sega.

" The dark is generous.
    Day is the illusion.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Hermod's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ulidian View Post
    What mod is 'EB'? it's mentioned on someone's sig on the previous page...
    Europa Barbarorum, it is a massively popular mod for Rome Total War that greatly enhances the historical accuracy and generally improves everything about Rome Total War.

Something I always wondered about why can't wild men of Dunland recruit Guards of the Orthanc? The guards are men of Dunland, chosen from among them. You would think in a time of war those guard would fight do Dunland too, that's their homeland.

also how do you use heroes in custom battles again?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 12, 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Something I always wondered about why can't wild men of Dunland recruit Guards of the Orthanc? The guards are men of Dunland, chosen from among them. You would think in a time of war those guard would fight do Dunland too, that's their homeland.

also how do you use heroes in custom battles again?
    Dunland lacks the facilities and military tradition to produce this quality of units.
    It requires the resources of Isengard and Saruman to create these highly trained and equiped forces from the raw recruits from Dunland into elite troops.

Normally you can run the CG-Launcher.bat file found in the installation folder to enable many heroes in custom battles.
    This feature does not work properly in MOS v1.6.1, but will be fixed in MOS v1.6.2.
    Just beware that MOS does not support custom battles and many settlements and units will not be available.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Cair Andros is coming up as an average southern European fortress. I'd be right in assuming it applies to everyone and that it will be re-added in 1.6.2, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DaysBefore View Post
    Cair Andros is coming up as an average southern European fortress. I'd be right in assuming it applies to everyone and that it will be re-added in 1.6.2, I hope.
    It is correct that everyone is experiencing this. The custom Cair Andros battlemap was not working correctly, so it was decided that it should be removed. Functionality over aesthetics.

Seems like 1.6.2 will have many fixes

Foederatus

Hello, Im reading a lot and looking forward to the new patch!
    I didnt read about, so I should name it. Playing as gondor (no problems at all with crashes or so!) I always have the option to "reinforce" troops that are already at their maximum. 152 soldiers and no armorupgrade availabel but I can pay 400 gold or so to reinforce.
    I allways send Denethor to west/east-Osgiliath to reinforce troops there. I wantet to push one pikeman or so from 138 to 152 soldiers i should have payed over 300 gold??? thats the half of "bying" a complet new unit.

And a question. Will have patch 6.2 the new map of firefreak 2.0? I cant help myself, but I completeli dont like it from what i can see on the pictures. It looks so toy-like. But that are only my 50cent send from south of Berlin

Rohan is comletely out of the game. They do nothing!!! looks like AI is missing.

Thangs for your answers