View Poll Results: Whom do you support and to what extent?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support Ukraine fully.

103 69.59%
  • I support Russia fully.

15 10.14%
  • I only support Russia's claim over Crimea.

4 2.70%
  • I only support Russia's claim over Crimea and Donbass (Luhansk and Donetsk regions).

11 7.43%
  • Not sure.

7 4.73%
  • I don't care.

8 5.41%

Thread: Russia, US, Ukraine, and the Future

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Russia, US, Ukraine, and the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    I like that you don't mind at all being vulgar etc, furthermore to someone who never mistreated you, but then was alarmed by the subtle comment about glass huts.
    I'm being vulgar at Russia, not you. Not that your stance throughtout this thread isn't worthy of some vulgar words, but I refrain from those
    You've never mistreated me, sure, you just support the genocide of a people I happen to be part of (I'm part Ukranian), and the subjugation and annahilation of a country I have family and friends in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    But is there actually an offensive across the Dnipro? I haven't heard of that.
    Ah, another of our enlightened neutrals. Look like 4 posts up.
    So I will ask, why wouldn't Ukraine blow this dam up to stop Russia from attacking across the Dnipro and diverting attention from the Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk fronts where Ukraine's forces seem gathered?
    Even if you somehow ignore that the Ukranians crossed the Dnipro, this makes no goddamn sence. Why wouldn't Ukraine want Muscovy to divert forces away to a location where they would be encircled if the offensive succeeds??
    I'm only asking why hasn't this thought even been considered but instead it's all "Kiyv says"? Is the idea that Ukraine could do bad things in a war that unthinkable?
    It's not "what Kyiv says", it's "what logic says". But I guess you'll stick to "What Kremlin says".

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Come on, man, I am in no way supporting any genocide. I would have no issue if Russia just left all of Ukraine (including Crimea).
    I just don't think it will happen, and am of the view things are being led to even worse.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Ah, another of our enlightened neutrals. Look like 4 posts up.
    At a picture with no source? If you have an article, even from our very biased western media, that there was an offensive across the Dnipro yesterday, then do share.

Even if you somehow ignore that the Ukranians crossed the Dnipro, this makes no goddamn sence. Why wouldn't Ukraine want Muscovy to divert forces away to a location where they would be encircled if the offensive succeeds??
    Because they would already have forces there for defense. And Ukraine would have diverted forces towards the front of the actual offensive. It's really only plain logic that the attacker would hollow out his defenses to strengthen his offensive. If that created a gap in the defenses of the area around Kherson, it wouldn't take many resources to create a diversion.

It's not "what Kyiv says", it's "what logic says". But I guess you'll stick to "What Kremlin says".
    No, I will stick with what logic says. As I have always done. Thank you.

No, I will stick with what logic says. As I have always done. Thank you.
    Logic says that Ukraine would not destroy its own dam flooding possible routes for its own offensive, its own cities and risking cooling of its own nuclear power plant.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; June 06, 2023 at 03:59 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

Come on, man, I am in no way supporting any genocide.
    You are.
    I would have no issue if Russia just left all of Ukraine (including Crimea).
    The wording says it all: "Have no issue". "Yeah, I'd have no issue with the Nazis stopping the holocaust."
    I just don't think it will happen, and am of the view things are being led to even worse.
    If you don't think it'll happen, I recommend reading 1 page about the history of Russia.
    At a picture with no source? If you have an article, even from our very biased western media, that there was an offensive across the Dnipro yesterday, then do share.
    This is from Rybar. A RUSSIAN source. Here's a link to their telegram.
    Because they would already have forces there for defense. And Ukraine would have diverted forces towards the front of the actual offensive. It's really only plain logic that the attacker would hollow out his defenses to strengthen his offensive. If that created a gap in the defenses of the area around Kherson, it wouldn't take many resources to create a diversion.
    Except this will drain the whole reservoir and give the fascists and avenue of attack towards Zaporizhia and Kriviy Rih.
    No, I will stick with what logic says. As I have never done. Thank you.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; June 06, 2023 at 03:59 AM.

Eh, if you try a bit, I am sure you will realize you are projecting things on me. "I have no issue"="I'd be happy with". There, better now?
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Eh, if you try a bit, I am sure you will realize you are projecting things on me. "I have no issue"="I'd be happy with". There, better now?
    No, man. If Athens was bombed day and night, the Aegean occupied and cleansed of Greeks, Greek children were being kidnapped from their families and re-educated and taught that they're not Greek, and I said "Yeah I'd be okay with that stopping", you wouldn't accept it either. "I'd be happy with" doesn't cut it either. Both of those mean you would also accept an alternative option.

This is from Rybar. A RUSSIAN source. Here's a link to their telegram.
    I don't know how reliable this source is, I don't follow telegram stuff generally speaking, but if accurate it doesn't look too good for Russia's case. Especially if the interpretation that this was an attempt by Ukraine to stretch the Russian forces thin is accurate. Russia should have satellite info that should allow them to properly estimate where Ukraine's forces are concentrated. If they can't do that, then bad news for them.

Fixed.
    You have to act this childish? Really?

I don't know how reliable this source is, I don't follow telegram stuff generally speaking, but if accurate it doesn't look too good for Russia's case.
    That's putting it mildly.
    In other news, from the same source:

You have to act this childish? Really?
    Yah.

That's putting it mildly.
    Putting it mildly is better than going for the extremes, generally speaking.
    Yah.
    Sigh...

Putting it mildly is better than going for the extremes, generally speaking.
    It's true that most things in this world aren't black and white, but some are. This is one such example.

No, man. If Athens was bombed day and night, the Aegean occupied and cleansed of Greeks, Greek children were being kidnapped from their families and re-educated and taught that they're not Greek, and I said "Yeah I'd be okay with that stopping", you wouldn't accept it either. "I'd be happy with" doesn't cut it either. Both of those mean you would also accept an alternative option.
    I don't like Athens either
    That said, I think we aren't getting anywhere. You, for the time being, don't identify you are being offensive, and (surely don't see it at all) against someone who doesn't deserve such.
    Hopefully it will pass. It's always a bad stance to use your emotion against those not responsible for it, just because a bridge has been built to lead it there. Better to... flood everything

I don't like Athens either
    That said, I think we aren't getting anywhere. You, for the time being, don't identify you are being offensive, and (surely don't see it at all) against someone who doesn't deserve such.
    Hopefully it will pass. It's always a bad stance to use your emotion against those not responsible for it, just because a bridge has been built to lead it there. Better to... flood everything
    And you don't seem to realise that supporting Fascism is bad, and deserving of scorn.

Praeses

So we're going with "Ukraine mightve blown their own dam to slow their own attack because Zelenskyy demoralized them, after all Crimea always belonged to Putin dontchaknow"?

Russian forces and leaders seem to be a shambles rn, anyone trying speak for them not left with much to work with.

If there are any Armatas in play now would be the time.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So we're going with "Ukraine mightve blown their own dam to slow their own attack because Zelenskyy demoralized them, after all Crimea always belonged to Putin dontchaknow"?

Russian forces and leaders seem to be a shambles rn, anyone trying speak for them not left with much to work with.

If those Armatas have decent optics, they might be ok. And an Active Protection System for ATGMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Armatas are old news, wait till Russia starts deploying their GORT armada. Then you'll see shock and awe.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by Alastor; June 06, 2023 at 05:17 AM.

What if neither Russia nor Ukraine blew up the dam?

Maybe,
    just maybe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then again, perhaps it's a cool idea to attack humor too.

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

What if neither Russia nor Ukraine blew up the dam?
    The part that ruptured was under Russian control since February 2022. The explosions were apparently muffled due to being deep under water/ground level because people who live in Tavriysk (3+ km away) didn't hear explosions at that time. I am (or rather was) a local to the area and this is first hand account from the people who live in the town. Several people.
    Last August my acquaintances who worked at the hydro plant at that time told me they saw Russian soldiers pulling large amounts of explosives deep inside the generator room.

https://twitter.com/maria_avdv/statu...69853485043712

EDIT: However people that reside (resided) several km downstream and close to the water did hear the explosions at around 2:19 AM, according to local chats.
    Last edited by saamohod; June 06, 2023 at 06:13 AM.
    "Orcs were mustering, and far to the east and the south the wild peoples were arming."
    J.R.R.Tolkien.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Evacuations under way near Kherson after destruction of dam prompts flooding

80 settlements, including Kherson, are in the flash flood zone. Hundreds of thousands of people affected. Water supplies to much of southern Ukraine is out.

This would not be the first time blowing up a dam has been used to slow an offensive.

Indeed, a tactic used as a last ditch effort by the weaker force in an attempt to save itself from defeat. Just goes to show how pathetic and weak Muscovy has gotten.