Page 13 of 364 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by IHV View Post
    Any tips how to download Full 1.5 from Mega? My download stops at 70 - 85%, happend now 4th times , it just freezes. Isnt there a normal download not this browser thingy?
    Have you tried to use the download from TreeKnee`s site in the first post of MOS thread?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Seemed to be IE problem as google stated, used chrome and worked like a charm. Something to do with cache somewhere, smaller files downloaded perfectly.

Installation goes as: 1.5 --> 1.6 upgrade --> 1.61 Patch! Whats with the 1.61 part 1 and part 2? Do i need these aswell?
    Last edited by IHV; December 23, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IHV View Post
    Seemed to be IE problem as google stated, used chrome and worked like a charm. Something to do with cache somewhere, smaller files downloaded perfectly.

Installation goes as: 1.5 --> 1.6 upgrade --> 1.61 Patch! Whats with the 1.61 part 1 and part 2? Do i need these aswell?
    No, only these three you mentioned first. 1.5 --> 1.6 upgrade --> 1.61 Patch!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

I am having trouble with the installer creation.
    It appears that Windows and Unix cannot launch an exe file larger than 2Gb.

If my latest attempt does not work, then I will upload a rar file with some instructions for those who feel brave enough to attempt an installation on their own.
    I have another install creator that I will attempt to use tomorrow if this build fails.

I had planned on having this version up by last night, but I have not been able to solve this issue to my satisfaction ATM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Hurry someone give suggestions

The best solution to be offered is one I heard for over 26 years ....."Hurry up and wait!"

What would be so complicated about a .rar installation, may I ask?

Something more than deleting the old files and extracting the new ones?

It isn't an issue with the .rar installation itself but the size of the install that is causing the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I am having trouble with the installer creation.
    It appears that Windows and Unix cannot launch an exe file larger than 2Gb.

If my latest attempt does not work, then I will upload a rar file with some instructions for those who feel brave enough to attempt an installation on their own.
    I have another install creator that I will attempt to use tomorrow if this build fails.

I had planned on having this version up by last night, but I have not been able to solve this issue to my satisfaction ATM.
    Yeah, it has something to do with a dword processing , which is limited by <=2GB size. Microsoft setting limits again..

How big is the size? Maybe making a two .exe files like TATW 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2 are made?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 24, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

I agree with Elvenkind having the Update as two .exe file might work
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Please stylix make it work..."THINGS ARE NOW IN MOTION...THEY CANNOT BE UNDONE..."

Civis

Hello there, is it any way to change the Characters portrait?

Like Glorfindel's, he is suppose to be the like ultimate elf of middleearth yet he looks like a 16 year old dude and it just seems of to me :/

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I'll jump on the bandwagon about splitting the exe file in 2 parts. IIRC the the Stainless Steel download used to solve the size problem like that. I know for sure the Broken Crescent mod did likewise because I have those install files still on my hard disk. It's split in three .exe files which together are over 2GB.
    edit: and of course Elvenkind already pointed to the TATW 3.x install.

Also, If it would somehow be possible to make a file larger than 2GB, people with "older" hardware could find their systems being unable to cope with such big files.

Looks like I will not finish my current Rhun campaign. Not that I mind very much, it's not that interesting and 1.62 seems to be a major update/improvement.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

The problem is not exclusively Microsoft related as Linux suffers the same limits.
    Also the installer I was trying to use supports spanning files, but not if the total of all files exceeds 2Gb.

I have another installer that is supposed to support files larger than 2Gb if spanned, will try that this morning.
    I can upload the rar file, but I am afraid that many users will not be able to successfully install the files as this would require manually copying the files into the correct folders and for new users to create a shortcut and assigning an icon.
    This version of MOS also adds file to the M2TW folder, further complicating the installation procedure.

Good luck with it stylix. I'm sure you can figure something out.

Setup Factory can do it, I just don't know will Windows ( and Linux) open the .exe file. Didn't know exe restriction applies to Linux too, probably cause most of software is made for Windows?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

How where all other realesed uploaded in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    How where all other realesed uploaded in the past?
    They were smaller than 2Gb.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

What about two installers? Splitting the files in half?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    What about two installers? Splitting the files in half?
    I tried that with the installer I had been using for all the other versions, but it is hard coded to not allow a total of all files greater than 2Gb.

Creating an installer with another software package ATM and if it works, will be able to upload the new version.