Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 164156575859606162636465666768697071727374757691116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2355

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Wow... Never knew doctors were so needlessly malicious.

Do you...think gender and sex are the same thing?

It's funny because you are both complaining about an orthodoxy while trying to maintain another.

Fire a person for what? Having a belief? I don't think employers care if an employee believes a group of minorities are subhuman; but if an employee goes about publicly claiming a minority group is subhuman, well...
    Gender expression and sex are strongly linked; that’s why >99% of people are comfortable with their “birth-assigned” gender. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: if gender and physiology were not associated, transgender surgery would not exist.

Reactionaries to changing social paradigms are not new; it's happened before and it will happen again. Traditionalists have ceded a lot of ground, over the years.
    Radicals attempting socially engineer ideological outcomes is nothing new; it’s happened before, and it will happen again. Eventually, the West will return to traditionalism, just like the former Soviet republics and China have.

A feminist professor who started a website for women to their share stories about men using women only spaces has been targeted by activists. Apparently, shining a spotlight on violence against women is only permissible in politically acceptable contexts:
    But in an open letter issued on Thursday evening to university vice-chancellor Duncan Maskell and dean of arts Russell Goulbourne, more than two dozen academics wrote that “the content produced and promoted by this staff member contravenes the university’s Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy and raises serious questions about research integrity at the university”.

They added that they were concerned that material promoted and produced by Dr Lawford-Smith and taught to students “conflicts with the faculty commitment to diversity and inclusion”.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/gen...25-p575u4.html
    #MeToo, but not like that.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Gender expression and sex are strongly linked; that’s why >99% of people are comfortable with their “birth-assigned” gender. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: if gender and physiology were not associated, transgender surgery would not exist.
    I absolutely agree, but that's not what I nor alhoon said.

Radicals attempting socially engineer ideological outcomes is nothing new; it’s happened before, and it will happen again.
    Uhh...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Eventually, the West will return to traditionalism, just like the former Soviet republics and China have.

Yeah, let's pretend traditionalists aren't also trying, or have tried, to socially engineer ideological outcomes. I am sure our great great grandparents are rolling over in their graves because their descendants are slutty enough to go out in public with their ankles showing; all because they were conditioned, ideologically, different to us. I don't know what to tell you, dude, but the arc of history moves away from traditional standards that were ideologically enforced in ye olden days. I mean, we even had laws in my own parents' lifetimes that enforced the traditional values of anti-miscegenation which I (hopefully) think you would agree are "radical" in today's society. So when you say "return to traditionalism", you don't mean like that traditionalism, right?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

"President Biden removed mentions of Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day amid accusations of “racial undertones” in the classic, whimsical tales for children."

"The move comes as Dr. Seuss’ work has generated controversy following a study highlighting a lack of diversity among the author’s characters."

https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/biden-...s-america-day/

“The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day.
    The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches.
    And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches.
    That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars.”

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Wow... Never knew doctors were so needlessly malicious.
    Indeed, it was a surprise to find out that some of them are needlessly malicious and destroy people's lives. Thankfully, that's not all doctors. Just the evil ones or the ones that have been brainwashed by the progressives.

Do you...think gender and sex are the same thing?
    Of course. I am a reasonable person after all.

It's funny because you are both complaining about an orthodoxy while trying to maintain another.
    I don't demand people to lose their jobs or be cancelled though, based on bogus or downright false preconceptions, nor I am trying to arm-twist health experts to promote a certain view under threat they will lose their funding if their results point towards a different way.

Fire a person for what? Having a belief? I don't think employers care if an employee believes a group of minorities are subhuman; but if an employee goes about publicly claiming a minority group is subhuman, well...
    A. If an employee says "I don't actually think there are 50 genders" in a facebook post that 250 people can see, and one of these people is a PC-crusader that brings that up? Did the Employee "publicly" claimed that a group of people are subhumans?

B. If a famous author says "there was a time when we called people-that-menstruate 'women' " has that famous author publicly claimed a minority group is subhuman?

C. If a truck driver is racist, how the hell that affects his driving?
    I am talking of course about the case of the truck driver that was fired for using racial slur (he kinda deserved it). He didn't make his opinion known publicly, the victim of the attack did. I don't blame the guy for releasing the video, and I agree with UPS for firing him.
    I just mention it to prove to you that you're wrong though. Let's not pretend that the employee has to personally be open about his wrongthink. If the employer figures the employee is a liability because he's a heretic, the employee is gone. And while in the case above that was justifiable, in other cases it is not.

D. If a Truck driver is not racist, why firing him?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nocent/613615/
    Here is the case of one of the casualties of the Progressives, a latino man losing his job because a SJW thought that the guy made a white supremacy symbol that the poor guy was not even aware of. The man was fired without any evidence that he held white supremacist views. When the SJW removed the post and said "OK, I may have been wrong"... the company still didn't rehire the poor guy.

This is an example that proves in a grand manner that not only the employee doesn't have to be public about any racist views to be fired but he may be fired for being assumed to be racist.

TL;DR: No, you are wrong. Employers punish people liberally for what they assume the employees believe, whether it is true or not.

Reactionaries to changing social paradigms are not new; it's happened before and it will happen again. Traditionalists have ceded a lot of ground, over the years.
    It is telling that in our time, most evil people in the West are progressives.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    A feminist professor who started a website for women to their share stories about men using women only spaces has been targeted by activists. Apparently, shining a spotlight on violence against women is only permissible in politically acceptable contexts:

#MeToo, but not like that.

Well, I don't mind the progressives having their civil wars. Let the Feminazis fight it out with the 50-genders-people. Whomever loses her / zir job will be a gain for me.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I absolutely agree, but that's not what I nor alhoon said.
    I know. It’s what I said.

Uhh...

Yeah, let's pretend traditionalists aren't also trying, or have tried, to socially engineer ideological outcomes. I am sure our great great grandparents are rolling over in their graves because their descendants are slutty enough to go out in public with their ankles showing; all because they were conditioned, ideologically, different to us.
    This is a poor example. Promiscuity was traditionally discouraged because of the significant risks associated with pregnancy, the threat of STDs and the instability caused by single motherhood. Opposition to licentiousness was/is a product of pragmatic reasoning, not ideological concerns.

I don't know what to tell you, dude, but the arc of history moves away from traditional standards that were ideologically enforced in ye olden days.
    This is a variation on the "current year" argument. The existence of, and need for, change is not justification for radicalism. See the Soviet Union, Maoist China, or the CPK etc. for evidence.

I mean, we even had laws in my own parents' lifetimes that enforced the traditional values of anti-miscegenation which I (hopefully) think you would agree are "radical" in today's society. So when you say "return to traditionalism", you don't mean like that traditionalism, right?
    Race realism was pioneered by "intellectuals" and adopted by both progressive and radical politicians (a particular Austrian comes to mind, as does Jefferson, Wilson et al.). It is a clear example of what happens when dogmatic, theoretical nonsense gets out of control and is used to serve the interests of particular echelons of society.

That said, the point here isn’t that everything traditional is satisfactory by default: it’s that the former Anglosphere is experiencing an unsustainable period of leftist puritanism.

Dr. Kimya Nuru Dennis

This week I have nine (9) trainings-presentations for school assistant principals and school principals.

My trainings-presentations include a request that most books used in schools be burned.

Stop using white history, white mathematics, and white science as the foundation.
    3:34 AM - 8 Jan 2020
    https://archive.is/Mxv4Y#selection-2979.0-2991.20

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    The majority of Israelis don't really have any understating of the Western conception of race
    That's my opinion,too.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Jews who have a negative view of Arab culture will still refer to Arabs as cousins
    Palestinians aren't exactly "cousins"...
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Dr. Kimya Nuru Dennis

This week I have nine (9) trainings-presentations for school assistant principals and school principals.

My trainings-presentations include a request that most books used in schools be burned.

Stop using white history, white mathematics, and white science as the foundation.
    3:34 AM - 8 Jan 2020
    https://archive.is/Mxv4Y#selection-2979.0-2991.20
    Is that satire or not? I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Indeed, it was a surprise to find out that some of them are needlessly malicious and destroy people's lives. Thankfully, that's not all doctors. Just the evil ones or the ones that have been brainwashed by the progressives.
    Sounds so surprising as to be almost unbelievable.

Of course. I am a reasonable person after all.
    Hol' up, even if you are along the lines of 'gender is 100% derived from sex', those terms still aren't interchangeable, no? At least how I have understood it; sex is like male/female biology while gender is masculine/feminine expressions. You could say that a stick bug is male or female, but you wouldn't really identify them as being masculine or feminine in their gender. This would also be like xy or xx chromosomes being associated with sex identification but we may say, at least in our society, that long hair is feminine even though it doesn't have a biological source for that being so.

I don't demand people to lose their jobs or be cancelled though, based on bogus or downright false preconceptions, nor I am trying to arm-twist health experts to promote a certain view under threat they will lose their funding if their results point towards a different way.
    I can all but guarantee that you are alright with people demanding someone lose their job based on certain views they may express. You may disagree with others on what those views should be, but I find it rare to come across someone who is willing to defend every example of social expression that may get them in trouble with their employer. I dunno what you are referring to with the health experts and losing funding thing.

A. If an employee says "I don't actually think there are 50 genders" in a facebook post that 250 people can see, and one of these people is a PC-crusader that brings that up? Did the Employee "publicly" claimed that a group of people are subhumans?
    Um, no? I am not putting out the "subhumans" thing as a standard, I am saying it is an example of something someone could say that would draw action from their employer. Suffice it to say that anything you put up on facebook should be considered a public message, yes. Same with Twitter. I don't know why you would have a reasonable expectation of privacy there. I can say that if someone is fired for just saying "I don't actually think there are 50 genders" on facebook and that is it (and they aren't in an occupation where that opinion is effecting their work decisions), then that sounds pretty unreasonable to me. My guess would be that the vast majority of people who get fired for comments on facebook go much further than that.

B. If a famous author says "there was a time when we called people-that-menstruate 'women' " has that famous author publicly claimed a minority group is subhuman?
    First off, I would think said author sounds kinda kookie by implying they (or societcy) have never met a women who has gone through menopause or a hysterotomy. Second, no I don't think that statement alone is a claim to
    that a minority group is subhuman, but if it is the author I am thinking of then this is far from the only statement she has made on the matter.
    C. If a truck driver is racist, how the hell that affects his driving?
    I am talking of course about the case of the truck driver that was fired for using racial slur (he kinda deserved it). He didn't make his opinion known publicly, the victim of the attack did. I don't blame the guy for releasing the video, and I agree with UPS for firing him.
    I just mention it to prove to you that you're wrong though. Let's not pretend that the employee has to personally be open about his wrongthink. If the employer figures the employee is a liability because he's a heretic, the employee is gone. And while in the case above that was justifiable, in other cases it is not.
    I am confused about what you are getting at here; you agree with the firing but still find it problematic? I would say something you do in communications between two vehicles, out of a window, at a stoplight is public communication, yes. And yes, employers do fire employees they see as a liability for obvious reasons. I, again, caution you about the "because he's a heretic" angle to employers letting go of employees for social statements as I am pretty sure you agree with such a sentiment when it's the right "heretic". If, for example, an employee is found posting or publicly communicating a pro-podophilic opinion, you would be much more understanding of an employer not wanting to work with that employee anymore, right?
    D. If a Truck driver is not racist, why firing him?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nocent/613615/
    Here is the case of one of the casualties of the Progressives, a latino man losing his job because a SJW thought that the guy made a white supremacy symbol that the poor guy was not even aware of. The man was fired without any evidence that he held white supremacist views. When the SJW removed the post and said "OK, I may have been wrong"... the company still didn't rehire the poor guy.

This is an example that proves in a grand manner that not only the employee doesn't have to be public about any racist views to be fired but he may be fired for being assumed to be racist.
    It's weird that you even take the time to point out the alleged SJW removed their post and admitted to potentially being wrong but also blame for the company not rehiring the guy instead of, oh I don't know, the company. As society stands now an employer has a lot of wiggle room by which they can fire employees as we love that market liberalism. This is biting some conservatives in the butt and now what conservatives have to do is find a solution to this issue of companies having the ability to terminate employees they perceive as liabilities, but so far I have seen none. The closest I have seen to an idea is the amending of the Civil Rights act to include "political opinion" as a protected category (idk how that fits in with the others, tbh) in hiring and firing practices, but that's not even close to realistic and would bear more implications than I think proponents of such an amendment could imagine.

TL;DR: No, you are wrong. Employers punish people liberally for what they assume the employees believe, whether it is true or not.
    I don't think I have said much otherwise? Employers will fire employees who they believe to be a liability to the employer, yes of course, this has been a problem forever and our nation kind of decided employers have leeway in such matters. Save for cases involving protected classes, of course.
    It is telling that in our time, most evil people in the West are progressives.
    I can assure you that sentiment is not limited to "our time" or particularly new. Though I thought it was "the establishment" that was the problem, when did it switch back to progressives? Better yet, do you think companies are more interested in established status quos or progressive change? Because, despite your implied cooperation between progressive and corporate interests, I am willing to bet a lot that neither view each other as political allies.

I know. It’s what I said.
    Ok, may I ask what you were getting at, then?

This is a poor example. Promiscuity was traditionally discouraged because of the significant risks associated with pregnancy, the threat of STDs and the instability caused by single motherhood. Opposition to licentiousness was/is a product of pragmatic reasoning, not ideological concerns.
    Clever way of begging the question as you are implying the concept that a bare ankle=promiscuous behavior when that is not intrinsically true. I get all the reasons society might have for discouraging certain behaviors, but that's not really how individuals in the society treat it with their enforcement. Instead you get things like people assuming women who leave their ankles bare are acting promiscuously or provocative and enforcing arbitrary social standards upon them. This isn't unlike fundamentalist Muslims enforcing the wearing of hijabs because women's hair is seen as inherently proactive; it simply doesn't have to be that way and is only perceived that way through constant social enforcement.
    This is a variation on the "current year" argument. The existence of, and need for, change is not justification for radicalism. See the Soviet Union, Maoist China, or the CPK etc. for evidence.
    Oh, I agree that the necessity of change does not itself justify radicalism, I am not much of a revolutionary, and I can see social value in traditions. I am just getting at the point that social standards have always changed and traditionalists have always been bitter about it, but at the end of the day most of us are grateful for the progress and the traditionalist of old are seen as increasingly radical themselves as time moves on. Even traditionalists today would blush at "traditional values" held by their own parnets/grandparents.

Race realism was pioneered by "intellectuals" and adopted by both progressive and radical politicians (a particular Austrian comes to mind, as does Jefferson, Wilson et al.). It is a clear example of what happens when dogmatic, theoretical nonsense gets out of control and is used to serve the interests of particular echelons of society.

That said, the point here isn’t that everything traditional is satisfactory by default: it’s that the former Anglosphere is experiencing an unsustainable period of leftist puritanism.
    I don't really know what you are getting at here; race mixing was, at one point, viewed as noteworthy and taboo and then we progressed in our views and it is much less of noteworthy or taboo thing now. I don't really know how you get around that chronology. And I still struggle with this concept that the US of all places is under an era of extreme leftism; leftist consistently underperform in elections in the US and the Democratic party, bastion of the leftist-commies, picked Joe Biden of all people as their leader. Yeah, if only us Americans could break the brutal yoke of tyranny of those leftist Neo-Marxist

Perhaps you have been spending too much time on Twitter.
    Last edited by The spartan; March 13, 2021 at 01:26 AM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

@Spartan:
    I was ranting buddy. And I will keep ranting over this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...C4OIiF1F37OvSc

Some progressives in California proposed a school curriculum that has the kids chanting to some evil pagan gods that demand human sacrifice and blood in order to bring corn. That is done to appease the hold-outs of one of the most evil Empires in human history, the Aztec Empire. The fall of the Aztec Empire is perhaps the best thing to happen to Central America in the past 1000+ years.

Considering that the Aztecs: reinforced gender roles, were cannibalistic (thus not vegans), would punish practicing homosexuals with a horrific, torturous death (too brutal to describe in the site), were slavers, prohibited the use of drugs and alcohol (thus not hippies), deeply religious, warmongers (thus not anti-weapon) and imperialistic...
    This is another example of the progressives using double standards.

Progressives: Whatever you hate about 15th century Europe, the Aztecs had it x4. Stop defending the Aztec Empire. Thank the Spanish for collapsing that tyrannical theocracy.
    (Don't be so thankful to the Spanish for oppressive to the people they conquered though. They were of course better than the Aztecs but that's a low bar to clear.)
    Last edited by alhoon; March 13, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

'Separation of church and state' evidently does not apply to false religions.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I was ranting buddy.
    you say this every time someone responds to one of your diatribes. maybe you prefer to open a blog? Are you going to answer the same thing if someone disputes you how widespread the practice of cannibalism was or how little difference there was between being a woman in an Aztec town or in a town in Castile?

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    you say this every time someone responds to one of your diatribes. maybe you prefer to open a blog? Are you going to answer the same thing if someone disputes you how widespread the practice of cannibalism was or how little difference there was between being a woman in an Aztec town or in a town in Castile?
    I don't respond that every time. Just when I am bored to go into deeper analysis of previous rants.

I am not going to do the same if someone disputes how widespread cannibalism was or is wrong about the differences being a woman in an Aztec town of horrors and in Castile. If I as a woman in 15th century, I would prefer to live in a town of Castile.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 14, 2021 at 10:09 AM.

The Communist Party-run paper notes that the members of Five Eyes, an intelligence-sharing network, “have a strong sense of civilization superiority.” U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton is a “neo-Nazi and extreme racist” and “the Trump administration is an extremely typical white supremacy government.” By resisting this bloc of English-speaking countries, the editorial concludes, “China is not only defending its own interests, we are also defending the diversity of the modern world.”

Note the use of “white supremacy” and “diversity” and “civilization superiority,” which come straight from the progressive critique of America as a country that is “systemically” racist and oppressive. The Global Times editors may be crude but they’ve obviously been reading the New York Times. Their dismissal of Mr. Cotton as racist is what you see on progressive Twitter.

The truth is that the U.S. is among the most diverse and tolerant nations on the planet. So are the other Five Eyes nations. Political criticism is tolerated and is a core democratic strength. Meanwhile, China’s Communists are attempting to erase ethnic Uighur Muslim identity in Xinjiang while repressing Tibetans and other minorities.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wok...ty-11615153949
    Given modern US identity politics arose directly from Maoist American offshoots in the 60s and 70s, the CCP must surely find itself in its natural element.
    More than forty years ago the Combahee River Collective (CRC), a Black lesbian feminist social- ist group in Boston, coined the term “identity politics.” For much of those forty years, it was largely forgotten that identity politics arose as a variety of Marxist politics. Instead, identity politics appeared to us as the ruination of all universal political proj- ects, whether these were to be conducted in the name of the citizen, the proletariat or the human. But both to celebrate identity for its subversion of homogeneity and to lament its corrosion of soli- darity is to reduce identity to difference. For Mao, on the contrary, identity had the dual aspects of particularity and totality, and indeed is the very name for the contradictory relationship that unites them. Mao’s dialectical sense of identity, I will argue here, was also the CRC’s. The CRC’s 1977 statement in which this first use of “identity poli- tics” appeared can be read as a document of US Maoism, registering the moment of the latter’s passing from a phase of a strategic politics to an ideological politics.

The CRC reasoned that since the oppression experienced by Black women was not of one kind but several—they mention specifically racial, sexual (by which they meant what we would now call gender), heterosexual and class oppression— reflection on personal experience would be a means for generating a future theory of how multiple oppressions “interlock” in the “synthesis” that “cre- ate[d] the conditions of our lives” (Taylor 2017: 15). In the Third World revolu- tionary nationalist context of the mid-1960s to mid-1970s, “Black” was understood to be synonymous with “Third World.”3 As such, Black femi- nism was the proposed “logical political movement to combat the simultane- ous oppressions that all women of color face”

Though Mao is not explicitly named, the CRC’s mention of “criticism and self-criticism as an essential aspect of our practice” would have been rec- ognized by readers at the time as an obvious allusion to him. Nor would such an allusion have been exceptional. In alluding to Mao, CRC would have been using a rhetoric common to 70s US feminism many strands of which, far beyond “hard Maoist” circles, drew inspiration from the Chinese communist revolution that subjective work was a primary precondition of wider social transformation. The historiography of the Second Wave has made note of Chinese communist inspirations for 70s feminism’s practice of conscious- ness raising and the idea that personal is political (Echols 1989; Lieberman 1991; Van Houten 2015).13 Meanwhile, scholars of Black Power are taking an interest in the Black Panthers’ uses of the Little Red Book and the travels of several US Black revolutionaries to Mao’s China (see Wu 2013; Mullen 2014; Frazier 2015). Strangely, least researched is global Maoism’s uptake by US Third World feminism even though, arguably, it was in this sector of US social movements that Maoist ideas took deepest root and through which it had the widest theoretical impact (cf. Chow 1993: 10–20; Ross 2005).

Reading the CRC statement in light of (their reading of ) Mao, we can see how identity held out the practical prospect of unity, as a way of linking particularity to totality. As Mao wrote: “It is so with all opposites; in given conditions, on the one hand they are opposed to each other, and on the other hand, they are interconnected, interpenetrating, interpermeating and inter- dependent, and this character is described as identity” (Mao 1937: 338). Fur- thermore, when we read the CRC statement in light of Mao, we can discern more clearly its Janus-facing historical quality, as a stepping stone or switch point between the New Communism of the early 1970s and the Critical Race Theory of the late 1980s. Traces of the strategic temporality of Beale’s use of contradiction are still present in the CRC statement where “criticism and self-criticism” is offered as the road to revolution. But also present is the pre- sentiment of a process of social change so protracted that the “lifetime of work and struggle” it requires may be historically unnarratable, stranding us at Crenshaw’s violent crossroads where collide “manifold and simultaneous oppressions.” More than ever, the truth value of multiple oppressions’ tem- poral simultaneity in the realm of experience calls for something more than the reflective realism of intersectionality’s analytical simultaneity—though what that is has not yet been born.

https://read.dukeupress.edu/south-at...Self-Criticism
    CRT is recommended reading for the USN. I’m sure it will boost their fighting edge, or something.
    On February 23, the chief of naval operations Admiral Michael Gilday released an updated version of the Navy’s Professional Reading Program. The program, a long-standing tradition that curates suggested readings for all members of the Navy, has a stated aim of educating and training the sailors that compose this branch of the Armed Forces. According to the Navy’s official website on this program, Admiral Gilday believes that in order to “outthink our competitors, we must study and apply lessons we’ve learned from the past.” He further holds that “one of the very best ways to do that is to foster an environment where every Sailor deepens their level of understanding and learning.” Many of the 48 books listed in the newly released reading checklist cover topics relevant to the Navy’s overall mission of becoming a more lethal fighting force: naval strategy, deep-dives into future world superpowers, leadership development, technology changes in the domain of warfighting, etc.

However, the checklist also included several books that are overtly political in nature, threatening what should be the apolitical nature of our nation’s fighting forces. As just one example, Ibram X. Kendi’s overly wrought screed How to Be an Antiracist somehow landed on the admiral’s book list. Writings in a similar vein appear on the list as well, including Jason Pierceson’s Sexual Minorities and Politics, as well as Michelle Alexander’s The New Jim Crow. The inclusion of these books, especially given the hot-button topics they cover (and the controversial takes they provide) seems to place the Navy squarely into the realm of politics, which it has stridently attempted to avoid in the 200-plus years of its existence.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...navy-training/
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

I ABSOLUTE HATE HOW THE PHENOTYPE OF SWEDEN IS CHANGING!
    I partially blame their leftist culture that does not do research into finding out why that is happening!
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

@Spartan:
    I was ranting buddy. And I will keep ranting over this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...C4OIiF1F37OvSc

Some progressives in California proposed a school curriculum that has the kids chanting to some evil pagan gods that demand human sacrifice and blood in order to bring corn. That is done to appease the hold-outs of one of the most evil Empires in human history, the Aztec Empire. The fall of the Aztec Empire is perhaps the best thing to happen to Central America in the past 1000+ years.

Considering that the Aztecs: reinforced gender roles, were cannibalistic (thus not vegans), would punish practicing homosexuals with a horrific, torturous death (too brutal to describe in the site), were slavers, prohibited the use of drugs and alcohol (thus not hippies), deeply religious, warmongers (thus not anti-weapon) and imperialistic...
    This is another example of the progressives using double standards.

Progressives: Whatever you hate about 15th century Europe, the Aztecs had it x4. Stop defending the Aztec Empire. Thank the Spanish for collapsing that tyrannical theocracy.
    (Don't be so thankful to the Spanish for oppressive to the people they conquered though. They were of course better than the Aztecs but that's a low bar to clear.)

I am surprised that there are still people worshiping Aztec gods anymore.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Why? Are you aware of how their religion is today?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Because murder is illegal and the Aztec religion requires daily sacrifices of a still beating heart to please the gods. It's not like Andean syncretism, where you have mostly benign myths about Pacha Mama and this or that spirit, nor is it like syncretism further north, where you have totem poles near churches or peyote sessions. Aztec, and Mesoamerican religion in general, requires the worshiper to engage in that today is illegal literally everywhere.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!