Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Computer & Hardware Recommendations

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardware Queries & Advice

Quote Originally Posted by partypantsqq View Post
    I've got an 15-4690K and a new GTX 1070. I know I can run the game, but was wondering what the max monitor I could use was?

I was looking at the monitors on this guide:

https://elitegamingcomputers.com/best-gaming-monitors/

I like the BenQ XL2730Z 27″, but could I run a 1440p 144Hz monitor with good results? Is there any point in running a higher refresh rate for Warhammer? Or could I save some money and go 60Hz?

I`dsay-it-can-run-144hz-1440p-just-fine,-but-I-don`t-see-spending-extra-cash-on-144hz-unless-you`re-going-to-play-other-games-as-well-(Alsomyspacebarisapparantleybroken)
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Thread moved from Total War: WARHAMMER General Discussion. Thread sticky'd.

Quote Originally Posted by partypantsqq View Post
    I've got an 15-4690K and a new GTX 1070. I know I can run the game, but was wondering what the max monitor I could use was?

I was looking at the monitors on this guide:

I like the BenQ XL2730Z 27″, but could I run a 1440p 144Hz monitor with good results? Is there any point in running a higher refresh rate for Warhammer? Or could I save some money and go 60Hz?
    I actually don't love the monitors in that guide - the XL2730Z is a bit old at this point. Try these lists instead

http://www.toptengamer.com/best-200-gaming-monitor/
    http://www.toptengamer.com/top-gaming-monitors/

Running above 60Hz is nice in twitch-sensitive games - anything around 90Hz is really good

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Any GTX 960 users here?

How well does it perform on Warhammer? Is it better than Attila?

I might buy the game soon, and my only concern towards the game as of now is it's performance on the 960

YYeaah bro, high five I've got this one, but next month I've got birthday so I would offer GTX1080. Which one do you use nowadays?

By the way in december bought Acer Predator x34 despite this I still using previous PC with GTX 960, and it's no problem, working even better while somebody was tellin' me that it would be some problems with drivers and resolution. Yes, I download some drivers+ CD was included with monitor - no problems)

I don't remember full list of characteristics, you can check it https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-monitors , don't worry, the game shall run even on 960 , just have drivers,processor and memory on hard drive

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

I have a HP DV6(from 2009-2010) / Ati Mobility Radeon HD4500 at 512 mb /pentium dual core t4300 at 2.1 ghz /ram 4gb /win 10 64 bit.with this i dont have any problems playing Medieval 2,Rome the first problems appear after Empire come out,very laggy,about other games it good when i play pes17 online even 1v1 with my friends.

I would like to buy a new laptop especially for Rome 2, Attila and Warhammer my budget until 700 euro

I have seen a lot of machines but this is any good?

HP 250 W4M43EA FHD core i5 6200u/8gb ram/ 1tb hdd/ r5m430 2gb cost around 650 euro

Can i play Warhammer to that? will i have crashes?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    I have a HP DV6(from 2009-2010) / Ati Mobility Radeon HD4500 at 512 mb /pentium dual core t4300 at 2.1 ghz /ram 4gb /win 10 64 bit.with this i dont have any problems playing Medieval 2,Rome the first problems appear after Empire come out,very laggy,about other games it good when i play pes17 online even 1v1 with my friends.

I would like to buy a new laptop especially for Rome 2, Attila and Warhammer my budget until 700 euro

I have seen a lot of machines but this is any good?

HP 250 W4M43EA FHD core i5 6200u/8gb ram/ 1tb hdd/ r5m430 2gb cost around 650 euro

Can i play Warhammer to that? will i have crashes?
    You won't have any crashes, but the game will only barely be playable, im guessing sub 30 fps all low settings, so I'd say no.
    and Peaman

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

which of the characteristics you will change? the graphic card? or the processor?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Agree - around 90 Hz is a right choise

Also check this article about choosing monitors

Glad I finally found this thread. I play on a laptop; does anyone know what the approximate desktop equivalent of an Nvidia GT 750M is? I used to think that it was equivalent in power to a GTX 750, but my inability to run this game at anything above low graphics settings had made me suspect otherwise.

Icon5 Re: Hardware Queries & Advice

Quote Originally Posted by LordLurch View Post
    Glad I finally found this thread. I play on a laptop; does anyone know what the approximate desktop equivalent of an Nvidia GT 750M is? I used to think that it was equivalent in power to a GTX 750, but my inability to run this game at anything above low graphics settings had made me suspect otherwise.
    Yeah same but I'm aiming for GTX1050Ti in this set https://thegreatsetup.com/builds/bes...-pc-under-400/.

I'm not sure if the graphic card is good enough. Or any of the sets in https://thegreatsetup.com/how-to-build-a-gaming-pc/. Can anyone suggest?

Blog Entries

I'm running it fine on a gtx 760, and in 1080p not-very-highest settings the 500/600$ would run it without too much of a problem
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I'm running it fine on a gtx 760, and in 1080p not-very-highest settings the 500/600$ would run it without too much of a problem
    Do you think this PC build would run it? I am not an expert, unfortunately. I'm on a tight budget, so I'd rather keep it around 600$-700$, thanks.
    https://exposegaming.com/best-gaming-pc-under-700/

Hi, I just got a new PC which exceeds the minimum but not the recommended settings for WH 2 & ME.
    I have after installing WH 2 260 GB free on my SSD 16 GB Dual Channel Ram Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti Graphics Intel Core i5-2500x4@3.3 GHz
    not a tech guy just copying off my receipt.
    So my questions are
    1What video settings should I use? 2 What mods can I get with this? I am interested in more Lords, more skill points for lords more economy buildings and the radius one.
    As general information I am soon to be 54 with limited time to play and just want to have fun mainly with the Lizardmen.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warhammer I & II Computer & Hardware Recommendations

Medium settings would probably be optimal, but you can adjust the sliders and see what performance you get. And as for mods, you can use anything unless they directly conflict pne another, I suggest you read the different mods descriptions.
    Glad to see a chap thrice my age enjoying this game aswell!
    and Peaman

Thanks, I will start with medium settings then. I asked about the mods because I thought they might have higher system requirements or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    Thanks, I will start with medium settings then. I asked about the mods because I thought they might have higher system requirements or something.
    Unless they're graphical mods, it shouldn't be a problem!
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

What are you going to use it for?
    and Peaman

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by larochepiano View Post
    Do you think this PC build would run it? I am not an expert, unfortunately. I'm on a tight budget, so I'd rather keep it around 600$-700$, thanks.
    https://exposegaming.com/best-gaming-pc-under-700/
    This could be interesting to know.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

I'm thinking about upgrading my PC for the newer Total War games, as I'm unable to play Warhammer 2 Total War at a decent framerate at anything but the low settings preset and 720p. Ideally I'd like to be able to get the game up to medium settings at 1080p with a stable 30fps... but I can't exactly afford anything major. So, based on my current specs, what would y'all recommend replacing to get the biggest performance increase? Current PC set-up is:

CPU: i5 4570 @3.2ghz
    RAM: 8gb DDR3 memory
    GPU: ATI HD 6870 w/ 1gb DDR5 memory

I'm hoping I can get by with a cheap (sub-$200) video card upgrade.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

Blog Entries

The biggest upgrade here would be the gpu. I snooped around a bit, and found this RX 580 8GB card from XfX for 188, which is a great buy. If you can afford it or find something similar, go for it. It'll give you plenty of an upgrade. In benchmarks I've seen it get 40fps+ with all settings turned to the max

Further down the line you'd also want to increase your RAM, and even furher down upgrade your cpu, but as things are now a GPU upgrade will make things miles better.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; March 16, 2019 at 09:04 AM.
    and Peaman

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast