Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Nice! V2 ai and hard campaign?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

No, VH campaign, v1 of the AI. Started the campaing before no2 was released :S

if you want you can still use the new AI it's save game compatible and it takes effect right the next turn

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    if you want you can still use the new AI it's save game compatible and it takes effect right the next turn
    Well so far i'm too happy about this one. Ptolemies have started to siege Ambrakia with 4 full stacks :O

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Same campaign
    Turn 150
    Notes: Makedonia was destroyed at turn 114.

Epiros is down to two provinces(one being besieged by rome) so I guess they will go down soon. Though they are in an alliance with Getai who is also at war with Rome.
    Rome is also at war with Garthage and has one full stack in Africa.
    Koinon Hellenon was in a loong "declare war/declare peace" cycle with ptolemaioi(around turn 60-140) but are now their vassals.
    Quick update. Romes full stack in Africa couldn't have picked a worst target. They attacked and captured the only massylian province which then spawned 4 full stacks and put an end to romes hopes of keeping a foothold in Africa. Meanwhile Epeirotes are still kicking(turn 175) since romes attention has turned to Epeirotes master, Getai:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Getai seemed to winning, but then Lugiones lost their last province and spawned 5 full stacks who are now rampaging in Getai lands.

Quick update. Romes full stack in Africa couldn't have picked a worst target. They attacked and captured the only massylian province which then spawned 4 full stacks and put an end to romes hopes of keeping a foothold in Africa. Meanwhile Epeirotes are still kicking(turn 175) since romes attention has turned to Epeirotes master, Getai:

Getai seemed to winning, but then Lugiones lost their last province and spawned 5 full stacks who are now rampaging in Getai lands.

cheers poppis this is very interesting.

239BC update

So i have to add a big picture again

So the Ptolemies made KH their protectorate after having them completly destroyed and besieging Athens with like 30:1 superiority. Then they took Thermon from the Epirotes and attacked Ambrakia. They were repelled, and suddenly the macedonians attack the Ptolemies, followed by the KH manning a full fledged rebellion themselves.

To make matter worse, the very next turn the ROMANS land a stack and attack thermon; they get beaten by the Ptolemies, but i was like "WHAT?!!?".

Also Pontos is sieging towns in the Crimean Peninsula, so it seems some factions are really expending very historically

Pritanoi T178 H/M v2.0 ai

Yeah thats Roman Krete

Getai went nuts and looked like taking out greece until Rome DOWd them ~ now slowly losing ground to the Romans.

Logoines are Sweboz vassal.

I took out Aedui and was preparing to take on Sweboz when they attacked me...

Been a fun game

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The east is so static...

romans should been conquering north africa more...
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    The east is so static...
    Indeed. In theory Pahlava should be trying to conquer eastern seleukid provinces. I hope we'll see this on next releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Indeed. In theory Pahlava should be trying to conquer eastern seleukid provinces. I hope we'll see this on next releases.
    i can report from version 3 that ....every faction has come alive....pahlava and baktria are at war with AS.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    The east is so static...
    I prefer east to be as static as it as rather than completly steamrolled by grey death or yellow fewer.

v3? Hope it is more active than V2 for some specific factions, but just as balanced and with the same sea invasions! (and not everyone hates the player too, v2 was perfect on that imo)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    i can report from version 3 that ....every faction has come alive....pahlava and baktria are at war with AS.
    Great news!

Turn 71 in my restarted Massalia game, with the v2 new CAI:

Just had to rescue Pergamon, who seem to be the most useless AI faction.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    I prefer east to be as static as it as rather than completly steamrolled by grey death or yellow fewer.
    I prefer the grey death/yellow fever dynamic tbh. Provides a nice counterpoint to the Romans/Gauls in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Turn 71 in my restarted Massalia game, with the v2 new CAI:

Just had to rescue Pergamon, who seem to be the most useless AI faction.
    No doubt the most useless. The Bosporans are a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Butt View Post
    No doubt the most useless. The Bosporans are a close second.
    I've seen the Bosporans expand and take on the Sauromatae in a different game, so I'm not convinced they're second. AI Pergamon seem to be uniquely useless across every game, though.

Britanoi
    Very Hard/Medium
    Using the latest AI update
    Turn 50

Same campaign
    Turn 100
    Notes: Pergamon was destroyed at turn 59

Same campaign
    Turn 150
    Notes: Makedonia was destroyed at turn 114.

Same campaign
    Turn 200

Aedui have became dominant in france.
    Epiros with 2 provinces is vassal of Getai.
    Koinon Hellenon with 2 provinces is vassal of Ptolemaioi.
    Massylia and the 1 faction in spain(brown province) are vassals of Carthage.
    Lugiones horde couldn't take a single province from Getai, nor could the Romans:

Lugiones have couple of units still in getai territory so they should be out in a few turns.

Top 5 military:
    Getai
    Seleucids
    Aedui
    Carthage
    Sweboz
    Last edited by Poppis; September 03, 2014 at 03:16 AM.