Thread: Lizardmen Campaign?

Icon5 Lizardmen Campaign?

I know it's unlikely to see the Lizardmen as a playable faction since they're in the New World. BUT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE to include them in this game.
    At best, they could give them a Defensive Campaign where you have to protect the lands of Lustria from foreign invaders for a certain amount of years which simplifies strategy as you only have to worry about keeping your armies at full strength and improving your infrastructure instead of having to conquer other lands and enforcing public order.

The three primary enemies of the Lizardmen would be expeditions of human explorers, undead armies from the Vampire Coast, and the Skaven
    who have an outpost under the ruins of Quetza..

Default Re: Lizardmen Campaign?

I think we will see Bretonnia, Skaven and Elfs before Lizardmen.

They have said a number of times that they will be including all the major races. So yes, we WILL be seeing Lizardmen. However, I expect them in one of the future iterations (there will be two more big Warhammer Titles). As for expansiosn for this title, I would put my money on Brets for sure, then maybe Skaven, Wood Elves or Beastmen (easiest to implement on current map), plus extra Lords for each race in DLC packs (there are loads more for each race that could be added). The rest I would expect in future games.

Tiro

(map is just a hitn what could come. Expanding in which direction is not set in stone and also not how the "map borders" will look like. The maingame borders in the darklands are also a bit wrong)
    Just wait for one of the expansion. Besides Lustria we could have Lizardmen in the southlands or on the dragon isles in the east. But best bet is, we will first see them *when* not *if* they expand to the west. Right for this game, no chance of official playable Lizardmen. After Bretonnia is made playable the best next DLC candidates for the old world are
    -Beastmen
    -Wood Elves
    -Skaven [but since they are so popular, they would be a better choice for expansion. Mabye even a PreOrder DLC again ^^}

-----Red Dox
    Last edited by Red Dox; May 25, 2016 at 02:30 AM.

I am pretty sure we will see Bretonnia as a FreeLC and Skavens as the race/campaign DLC they talked about. Alternatively the reca/ campaign DLC could be Wood Elves vs Beastmen and the the two factions in the main game.

I'd still say skavens are more likely, we already have events in the base game that clearly refer to them.

Senator

Would be a bit stupid to waste the Skaven for a DLC instead as a burner for the second or third game, wouldn't it? Wood Elves/Beastmen are near and would fit better probably. How would Skaven work without more underground options, too?

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Would be a bit stupid to waste the Skaven for a DLC instead as a burner for the second or third game, wouldn't it? Wood Elves/Beastmen are near and would fit better probably. How would Skaven work without more underground options, too?

The Skaven are based mainly in the old world, that's where Skavenblight is and were the holds of the major clans are. The expansions are meant to add other parts of the map, the Skaven, while present all over the globe, would be best suited for the game based on the region where they are active the most. Also I am pretty sure they will expand the undergoround features, you can already see an underground map when intercepting enemies traveling via underpass and it is already present in the form of underground travel. It would not surprise me if they added an improved underground map along with the Skaven, after all Orks and Dwarfs would be using it too.

The problem with wood elves is that they are based in one forest and rarely leave it, that would make for a very boring campaign and surely does not ake the top of the list. I assume beastmen would be added with a DLC expanding upon chaos.

Senator

Possibly. The Skaven can be everywhere, so the map location is not the problem. But it is obvious that the Lizardmen and the High and Dark Elves are in one space, so it could be a good map together. I'm not a Warhammer fan but from what I read the last few months beside the Lizardmen the Skaven are a favoured faction by many fans. If you put Lizardmen and Elves in one game and the Skaven are already present by DLC, what beloved race remains as an incentive to buy the third game for the not-so-big-WH-fans (like me)?

You know, when we look at the future planned content blog page, at "new playable race" field we see a kind of wood. Don't know wether this has a meaning. But, the problem of speculation is that it's the future which is it's object, and the future is open. So may CA's will come over us.
    Last edited by geala; May 25, 2016 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Possibly. The Skaven can be everywhere, so the map location is not the problem. But it is obvious that the Lizardmen and the High and Dark Elves are in one space, so it could be a good map together. I'm not a Warhammer fan but from what I read the last few months beside the Lizardmen the Skaven are a favoured faction by many fans. If you put Lizardmen and Elves in one game and the Skaven are already present by DLC, what beloved race remains as an incentive to buy the third game for the not-so-big-WH-fans (like me)?

You know, when we look at the future planned content blog page, at "new playable race" field we see a kind of wood. Don't know wether this has a meaning. But, the problem of speculation is that it's the future which is it's object, and the future is open. So may CA's will come over us.

The 4 races for the second (or third) DLC could be High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Demons+Chaos warriors and finally clan Pestilens of the Skaven. Demons have always been the main enemy of the Lizardmen and Clan Pestilens (one of the major clans representing one aspect of the Skaven) is the other. Demons are also an old enemy of the High elves although I think they will be more focused around the conflict with the Dark elves. Orks are everywhere, there should also be a few human factions representing pirates and potentially human expeditions to the new world (those are present in lore).

All in all there are enough races to fill that part of the map, most likely the other expansion will cover Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Beastmen (if they are not included earlier) and potentially Chaos Dwarfs, Tilean Dogs of War and Kislev(although the last three are less likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post

(map is just a hitn what could come. Expanding in which direction is not set in stone and also not how the "map borders" will look like. The maingame borders in the darklands are also a bit wrong)
    Just wait for one of the expansion. Besides Lustria we could have Lizardmen in the southlands or on the dragon isles in the east. But best bet is, we will first see them *when* not *if* they expand to the west. Right for this game, no chance of official playable Lizardmen. After Bretonnia is made playable the best next DLC candidates for the old world are
    -Beastmen
    -Wood Elves

is this the real Warhammer?
    -Skaven [but since they are so popular, they would be a better choice for expansion. Mabye even a PreOrder DLC again ^^}

-----Red Dox

Is this real Warhammer?

Red Dox is not far from the truth I believe. I found this is the game files
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    Is this real Warhammer?

If you mean the map yes.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I predict Brets as free-lc and beastmen and wood elves as DLC then a campaign DLC with the Tomb Kings.nThen new game featuring Lizzards, High Elves, Dark elves and Skaven then a third game with the four chaos gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Abayonet View Post
    I'd still say skavens are more likely, we already have events in the base game that clearly refer to them.
    We also have events referring directly to Beastmen Brayherds (and maybe even elves, but I haven't seen that yet).