Page 5 of 249 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    I believe he might have been referring to the learning curve in a typical paradox game. When I first played EU3 I was like "Wtf?".
    Oh right yeah, that does make more sense. I must have put well over 500 hours into EU3 (including time not on the Steam version) and i'm still learning things.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

feminists and all of their weird ideas.

Recently they decided to change the voluntary college exams(in Sweden) as women in general received less scores. Men had around 6% higher score than women, in average. So they added more math and removed from the language part of the test, as women, in high school seem to receive higher scores there. Could have been the other way around, I do not remember. Anyway, turns out that men now had 9% higher score, than compared to the older version of the test.

Now, what strikes me the most is actually that they CHANGED a TEST, to make it more equal and genderneutral. And they actually managed to pull it off, too. I mean, c'mon.

I honestly think about emigrating. There is no hope for this country.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Feminists? No... Feminazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag Shamhráin View Post
    Feminists? No... Feminazis.

I could five times people have listed feminists. Nazism was listed once, maybe twice. WTF is up with that?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Feminism is a much more recent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Feminism is a much more recent thing.
    Nazism hasn't gone away. In any case, what makes feminism such a big deal that people feel compelled to list it?

Men fear that their supply of sandwiches will stop.

Feminism should be done now, there is pretty much equal rights in the west but there are those women who keep on going on and on about it (my sister is one of them) and it's really annoying because it's gone from being a fight for equal rights to reverse-sexism. I've seen some ridiculous things on sites like Tumblr where people genuinely go on about how unfairly women are treated these days.
    I've spent my whole life treating women with respect, i open doors, i let them off/on trains first and all that and now it terrifies me that some woman is going to turn around and start accusing me of trying to rape her.

It's the exact same thing with race. Where we've got to the stage now where non-white non-christians can get away with much more. They can make jokes about white people and beat up white people but if it goes the other way then it's a massive crime.
    I refuse to acknowledge the whole "white people have to make up for slavery" and all that nonsense. That's not what equality is, that's one race surpassing the other and forcing demands.
    There was that story in Britain where 4 drunk muslim women beat a white girl to the floor shouting "kill the white " and they got away with it because their lawyer said "they're muslims so they're not used to drinking".
    It's ridiculous, it's just causing more tension.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^ Exactly the reason why I listed Muslims in my WTF list. That and the fact that I have had several bad experiences with them (having a friend receive a knife cut and getting mugged for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    What?! I can spend more time enjoying a Paradox Grand Strategy than any other game
    Not really that surprising... I gave up on Crusader Kings II due to the realization that it was more about illustrating the "Paradis Hotel" concept in a historical setting, than something I was going to enjoy. The whole game is about whiny nobles with an archaic system of keeping track of everything, while the combat is completely lacking in immersion or realism.
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; May 04, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    Not really that surprising... I gave up on Crusader Kings II due to the realization that it was more about illustrating the "Paradis Hotel" concept in a historical setting, than something I was going to enjoy. The whole game is about whiny nobles with an archaic system of keeping track of everything, while the combat is completely lacking in immersion or realism.
    Ahhh i see, CKII is very different to Europa Universalis, Victoria or Hearts of Iron.
    EUIII has all the benefits of royal families, inheriting countries, personal unions, nobles and all that but it has a much better combat system and covers a timeline of over 400 years.

Feminism should be done now, there is pretty much equal rights in the west
    Evidence? Women still, on average, make less than men do in the same fields.
    but there are those women who keep on going on and on about it (my sister is one of them) and it's really annoying because it's gone from being a fight for equal rights to reverse-sexism.
    Evidence? Can you provide something hard to support that male on female sexism is less common as female on male sexism?
    I've seen some ridiculous things on sites like Tumblr where people genuinely go on about how unfairly women are treated these days.
    I've spent my whole life treating women with respect, i open doors, i let them off/on trains first and all that and now it terrifies me that some woman is going to turn around and start accusing me of trying to rape her.
    Treating someone with "respect" is not the same as treating someone with equality. The "rape" part is not feminism, it's perjury.

Women on average make better sandwiches than men, You don't hear us complaining.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

People who insist their opinion is the only way.
    People who call you toll when they lose an argument.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

to all that have included dubstep and MLP/bronies in their lists:

Last edited by snuggans; May 04, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 43rdFoot View Post
    Evidence? Women still, on average, make less than men do in the same fields.
    That's a very simplistic response women dominate in areas men don't and vice versa, and the gap isn't that great and when you begin to factor in all the minute details so I've never believed it's as cut and dry as men make more or women make less, I have plenty of experience working under and along side higher and equally paid women.

anyway, about WTF...

The lines at the grocery store tonight! There were three lanes open and there must have been at least 5 or 6 people waiting in each lane... so I stood there listening to peoples' kids act goofy, some old dude with a voice like he had been smoking cigarettes for 40 years kept saying this is "insane" and again to the person who called him on his phone "this is insane" yeah it is ing insane!

People who are happy to surrender their power to unelected foreign officials, and accept meekly, that surrendering to someone elses power is the only way make wealth.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Who's that?

People who have absolutely no shame and constantly talk about others behind their back.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Who's that?

People who have absolutely no shame and constantly talk about others behind their back.
    anyone, but mainly EU supporters, it's mad, the could ECC worked fine, theres no need of all integration horseapple.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Leftists... and their bizzare ideas of tolerating someone who will kill them in long run
    also Fundamentalist Muslims

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Leftists... and their bizzare ideas of tolerating someone who will kill them in long run
    You mean tolerating people right? like a race of people?