Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I suppose that's true, I just don't like being unable to use diplomacy.

I managed to get the game going (windowed full screen mode decided to work lol) and here are some thoughts.
    1. Churches on 1st lvl sometimes are giving religious conversion sometimes not (1 or 0%).
    2. Sometimes public order seems capped by script - 4 units are maintaining same 80% public order level like full stack of troops. I mean there should be some limits to troops impact on public order but that is not just odd, that is breaking immersion.
    3. Barracks in cities. Lets say we have city A and B, same level of settlement and this very building. City A is providing me with contaratoi - the other one does not and only after upgrading barracks it is.
    3. Wales resource inaccessible - metal mine.
    4. New game as Romans, sending general from near capital to border. After 6 turns he gets "feels unwatched". If this is whole point of managing loyalty in big empire - fine. But this is just little annoying game of shifting generals - way to frequent. Making pain instead of joyfull difficulty.
    5. Malatya in Anatolia lacks dynamic name for Romans in case of them taking over that settlement.
    6. Bandenorium Knights for Serbian faction - Hungarian coat of arms on shields. Also other Serbian units have that issue. And if I am not mistaken thats Angevinian coat of arms instead of Arpad dynasty coat of arms - seems that Hungary needs a fix too?
    6. Why paper mill adds -1% to religious conversion? Shouldnt it be +1?
    7. Diplomacy. Pain in the lower back. Whatever are the conditions of being aggressive or not as for eg. Romans - factions hate me, dont accept settlements as gifts or I have to pay for trade rights 1 MILION (checked with console with faction that I was never fighting with). This is not imbalanced or relating to position or other things. Its not working with balance and immersion.

Now bugs that are more complicated.
    8. Daughter of family member (that doesnt appear as princess on map but is a family member in family tree) when married - doesnt provide with kids with royal blood of specific faction. I mean she is married to noble anyway, so due to dynastic laws kids should be considered members of royal house (not of first choice to get crowned ofc, just weak claimants - minding that inheritance laws differ in some cases).
    9. I might be seeing it in previous versions but I just reminded myself - AI is able to use sharpened stakes ability in the middle of batte. Like standing in the first row, seeing my cav charge at longbows and puff, sharpened stakes appear out of thin air in seconds.
    10. Population boom on exterminated town - should be lasting longer but slower in pace, its a bit too unrealistic now. Like butchering Palermo and 15 turns later they are back with high population. All in all - fear and recovery should be a longer process.
    11. Paying for not having general in the army - this one will be longer and it will touch many subjects but there is no other way. TL DR - do not add something just because its in new total wars, dont make difficulty in form of annoying player like new total wars do, keep your balance-immersion relation.

First off this feature doesnt link up with reality at all. Whole reinforcement system, how feudal, militia and mercenary forces were gathering up in medieval times. Implementing it for difficulty at such cost for immersion is a no.
    And then we have this. Impressed by new total wars and driven by improving difficulty/game in general you had this implemented here. Let me tell you how new TW games look like on pushing players away.
    Cheating AI, ridiculus and repetitive town sieges (1000 of them) or other crude, extremely annoying ways to break immersion and player focus.
    People are running off from this mistakes back to logic and immersion with sort of balance, something you are trying to aim that. You have other ways to create difficulty and new content - things that you are aiming at and they are coming from balance and immersion.
    Like with diplomacy "because Romans are strong they will be difficult". But this comes with making them not immersive and annoying which leads to simply going to other factions, modes or games.
    There is a big room for improvement, even if you have "legacy spaghetti" code to deal with on developing level. You can bring both difficulty and new content in more civilized ways. For e.g. I really liked "Drag nach Osten" chain of events. Very creative and it proves both new content for Poland and it can either boost Poles or make their path difficult. And you dont have to invent anything new here, just look to historical books. Everything from events to unit details (Osprey books) is there to grab it.
    And to make it even a more constructive critique and not going into fairy tale improvement from both vision and implementation - faction wide penalty from conquering new settlements. I was glad to see mechanic of what war can cause but not in this very way.
    In my opinion it shouldnt be always bad for public order. As long it provides money or loot in general it should make your citizens happy. It could be reflected by keeping building in your settlements to show off to your people that its profitable for them or keeping taxes low/normal. Just like Lithuanian raids and conquests in their time brought massive population of serfs and slaves and wealth unseen in tribal forests of Aukstatija. And it made them happy and supportive for duke/grand duke politics. If you want more advanced culture - Danes and English adventures in early mediaval era? Making sure that all warmongers are overseas, causing trouble anywhere but home.

Now some thoughts about realism and I think it wont crush balance.
    Unit of naffatun should be added to Romans since early period preferable with changed name and look - it is historical in case of using greek fire. Way before Komnenoi and during it.

Use of Menaulion pike (due to its length its hardly called spear) is dating as far as to 10th century or emperor Nikephoros Phokas if not way back - why then this unit is not available in early era? It was later used by Komnenoi too just like heavy spearmen.

If you proved patient enough to get to the bottom - congratulations. You will get a cookie - last 3, maybe 4 patches seem to be a big improvement. Especially this new faction buildings for getting crowned.

Malograd thank you for a detailed report. One question I want to answer is that the problems that you observed with public order and everybody being hostile may be related to the warmonger script which in the last version triggered in the wrong moments. In other words you were unjustly accused of being warmonger 🙂.
    Besides that, the very important factor is your reputation. If you are very reliable and above you will see that your relations will be better, some of the punishing triggers in faction standing will not set off. Also your allies will stick with you without backstabbing. Byzantium is so rich that you can easily gather 20 k and pay it for the alliance. After that you will have friends, and some borders secured. Byzantium is the easiest faction to play they start as the biggest the strongest and the largest, so it shouldn’t be too easy.
    In the next version some of the bugs with warmonger script will be fixed, maybe it will be a better experience for you.
    Last edited by Macaras; July 21, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    may be related to the warmonger script which in the last version triggered in the wrong moments
    No. As I said it didnt matter if I took any settlements (with or without triggering warmonger pop-up) or remain static. Everybody hated me, relations were at terrible.

"Byzantium is so rich you can get 20k for alliance" - Its not about being rich or not or whole demand for 20k. Its all about demand for 1 MILION for trade rights. 1,5m for peace deal or 300k for giving settlements as a gift. If that would be 20k - fine, but numbers above are standing for something called bug.

"Byzantium is easy so it should be difficult" - As i said in post before, fine. But make trough shrewd decisions, not crude numbers or breaking immersion. I explained that in detail in post above.

No. As I said it didnt matter if I took any settlements (with or without triggering warmonger pop-up) or remain static. Everybody hated me, relations were at terrible.

"Byzantium is so rich you can get 20k for alliance" - Its not about being rich or not or whole demand for 20k. Its all about demand for 1 MILION for trade rights. 1,5m for peace deal or 300k for giving settlements as a gift. If that would be 20k - fine, but numbers above are standing for something called bug.
    Yes - you may be considered warmonger without conquering anything. Unfortunately I don't have your version, but I checked in the last one and I may assure you that you will obtain alliance paying 20k (having mixed rep and poor relations or better). It doesn't make sense to discuss too much, just wait for the new version, or try some other faction, maybe your impression will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Malogard View Post
    If you proved patient enough to get to the bottom - congratulations. You will get a cookie - last 3, maybe 4 patches seem to be a big improvement. Especially this new faction buildings for getting crowned.
    First, thanks for the time you took to write all you thoughts, you also deserve a cokie! And thanks for the final positive feedback

I managed to get the game going (windowed full screen mode decided to work lol)
    Windowed full screen is usually the recomanded setting, what was the problem with it?
    1. Churches on 1st lvl sometimes are giving religious conversion sometimes not (1 or 0%).
    In the code they give 0.5 conversion points, I guess sometime the engine shows it and sometime not. We should indeed specify it to the player in the info window.
    2. Sometimes public order seems capped by script - 4 units are maintaining same 80% public order level like full stack of troops. I mean there should be some limits to troops impact on public order but that is not just odd, that is breaking immersion.
    Yes the public order is now managed only via script, and it is a new one, so adjustment may be needed after more play tests
    3. Barracks in cities. Lets say we have city A and B, same level of settlement and this very building. City A is providing me with contaratoi - the other one does not and only after upgrading barracks it is.
    It is intended that recruitment depends on many factors,not only the building level. It can depend on other buildings, the city itself (not its level, its name), other in-game events...
    3. Wales resource inaccessible - metal mine.
    5. Malatya in Anatolia lacks dynamic name for Romans in case of them taking over that settlement.
    Thanks, we'll correct that.
    4. New game as Romans, sending general from near capital to border. After 6 turns he gets "feels unwatched". If this is whole point of managing loyalty in big empire - fine. But this is just little annoying game of shifting generals - way to frequent. Making pain instead of joyfull difficulty.
    I don't know the traits system well, but I know Jurand is going through them and balancing them. It is a lot of work though!
    6. Bandenorium Knights for Serbian faction - Hungarian coat of arms on shields. Also other Serbian units have that issue. And if I am not mistaken thats Angevinian coat of arms instead of Arpad dynasty coat of arms - seems that Hungary needs a fix too?
    Well spotted, I'm sure Kostic will get to it at some point, his re-doing of unit models is still ongoing so some are not yet historical.
    6. Why paper mill adds -1% to religious conversion? Shouldnt it be +1?
    . I didn't work on that specific building, but I guess that you can consider that widepreading books, and not only the holy ones, might (and have) also propagate other ideas than religious dogma.
    7. Diplomacy. Pain in the lower back. Whatever are the conditions of being aggressive or not as for eg. Romans - factions hate me, dont accept settlements as gifts or I have to pay for trade rights 1 MILION (checked with console with faction that I was never fighting with). This is not imbalanced or relating to position or other things. Its not working with balance and immersion.
    Already anwsered by Macaras!

8. Daughter of family member (that doesnt appear as princess on map but is a family member in family tree) when married - doesnt provide with kids with royal blood of specific faction. I mean she is married to noble anyway, so due to dynastic laws kids should be considered members of royal house (not of first choice to get crowned ofc, just weak claimants - minding that inheritance laws differ in some cases).
    I don't think these traits have been reworked from vanilla stainless steel, I'm not sure how the system works exactly.
    9. I might be seeing it in previous versions but I just reminded myself - AI is able to use sharpened stakes ability in the middle of batte. Like standing in the first row, seeing my cav charge at longbows and puff, sharpened stakes appear out of thin air in seconds.
    There is not stakes in SSHIP for quite a long time now, could you be more precise about this, or tell us if it happens again with the last versions and with which unit?
    10. Population boom on exterminated town - should be lasting longer but slower in pace, its a bit too unrealistic now. Like butchering Palermo and 15 turns later they are back with high population. All in all - fear and recovery should be a longer process.
    I think it's harcoded, but it's not a part of the game I'm familiar with.
    11. Paying for not having general in the army - this one will be longer and it will touch many subjects but there is no other way. TL DR - do not add something just because its in new total wars, dont make difficulty in form of annoying player like new total wars do, keep your balance-immersion relation.

First off this feature doesnt link up with reality at all. Whole reinforcement system, how feudal, militia and mercenary forces were gathering up in medieval times. Implementing it for difficulty at such cost for immersion is a no.
    And then we have this. Impressed by new total wars and driven by improving difficulty/game in general you had this implemented here. Let me tell you how new TW games look like on pushing players away.
    Cheating AI, ridiculus and repetitive town sieges (1000 of them) or other crude, extremely annoying ways to break immersion and player focus.
    People are running off from this mistakes back to logic and immersion with sort of balance, something you are trying to aim that. You have other ways to create difficulty and new content - things that you are aiming at and they are coming from balance and immersion.
    Thats not how it works in SSHIP: you pay for any army that is in enemy territory, and you r generals may devellop traits that lower their costs, but it's never 0.
    You're quite wrong on our intent, and I think this system has been in place for a long time and maybe before any vanilla Total War. It is a simple game design question: if generals have traits that make them cost money when they're in enemy territory, your captains can't be free or else it is an easy exploit for the player.

There is a big room for improvement, even if you have "legacy spaghetti" code to deal with on developing level.
    The code left by previous modders is quite good, the main issues we face IMO is that M2TW engine allow a lot of stuff but it's language is not easy to work with, and the SSHIP team is dedicated but small.
    You can bring both difficulty and new content in more civilized ways. For e.g. I really liked "Drag nach Osten" chain of events. Very creative and it proves both new content for Poland and it can either boost Poles or make their path difficult. And you dont have to invent anything new here, just look to historical books. Everything from events to unit details (Osprey books) is there to grab it.
    It is indeed a major improvement work that Jurand undertook and is still develloping for more factions and events.
    And to make it even a more constructive critique and not going into fairy tale improvement from both vision and implementation - faction wide penalty from conquering new settlements. I was glad to see mechanic of what war can cause but not in this very way.
    In my opinion it shouldnt be always bad for public order. As long it provides money or loot in general it should make your citizens happy. It could be reflected by keeping building in your settlements to show off to your people that its profitable for them or keeping taxes low/normal. Just like Lithuanian raids and conquests in their time brought massive population of serfs and slaves and wealth unseen in tribal forests of Aukstatija. And it made them happy and supportive for duke/grand duke politics. If you want more advanced culture - Danes and English adventures in early mediaval era? Making sure that all warmongers are overseas, causing trouble anywhere but home.
    Well I agree with some of your points, warmonger is a pretty new mechanic in SSHIP and we're still ironing it out.

Now some thoughts about realism and I think it wont crush balance.
    Unit of naffatun should be added to Romans since early period preferable with changed name and look - it is historical in case of using greek fire. Way before Komnenoi and during it.

Use of Menaulion pike (due to its length its hardly called spear) is dating as far as to 10th century or emperor Nikephoros Phokas if not way back - why then this unit is not available in early era? It was later used by Komnenoi too just like heavy spearmen.
    I'm sure Kostic will look at your feedback, units are his forte!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

My friends, I have 2 questions:

1) How can I take a screenshot of the campaign, and posting here?
    2) When will I can recruit Tabatariyyar unit playing as Abbasid, as I remember from the original version that they can be recruited after the Full plate event from 1380-1400 in Cities. Is that the same in this version?

In fact, I am on my turn 540, year 1402. The Full Plate event has appeared since turn 501, year 1381. I still cannot recruit my favorite Tabatariyyar.

Thank you guys creating such an balance, stable mod ever!!!
    Last edited by minhnd6789; July 22, 2022 at 11:29 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Screenshots are by default via the 'prt scr' button. The shot will then appear in the tgas sub directory of the game but will be in TGA format. You can easily convert that by using sage thumb via right clicking the picture.

Steam and other third party applications have their own ways\short cuts.

Once you have the pic upload it to a service provider (eg imgBB) and then post the link here.

What do you mean "tgas sub directory"? Please guide me more clearly? I cannot find the folder?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's a sub directory of the main game. The easiest way to get there is to right click a mod's desktop shortcut and select 'open file location'.
    You will now be at "m2tw\mods\name of mod"
    Navigate to "m2tw\tgas" and there you will find your screenshots. For easy access you can then right click the tgas directory and select "send to\desktop" which will create a shortcut to the tgas directory.

For some improved screenshots also check here.

[SIZE=2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse;161[/SIZE
    Windowed full screen is usually th
    Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse;161[/SIZE
    e recomanded setting, what was the problem with it?

By default if you launch the game just after installation it runs in windowed but not full screen mode. Six months ago I encountered number of problems with running game in different resolutions or running it at all – its described in one of my posts in this thread.

It is intended that recruitment depends on many factors,not only the building level. It can depend on other buildings, the city itself (not its level, its name), other in-game events.

You mean recruitment of units in general or this particular unit of contaratoi? Becouse the latter is not involving any sort of area of recruitment, events or other buildings as far as I know (at least in first 20 turns) for Romans.

I didn't work on that specific building, but I guess that you can consider that widepreading books, and not only the holy ones, might (and have) also propagate other ideas than religious dogma.
    Well if we are about to discuss it the short answer is no. Even if we just look at the practical basis of the whole process of making a book. Making paper does not equal making books. In medieval times before Gutenberg – writing and copying was getting done by clerigy. So since clerigy was part of government administration, putting books into the public view was being overseen by rulers through their representatives. And books which slipped through this kind of censorship were getting banned and burned since late antiquity and also through medieval times. Obviously huge chunk of population was illiterate so impact of books was also lowered.
    Thus, we are getting into the end of this topic and example from 1229 Council of Toulouse led by some bishop who countered heresy.
    "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old and the New Testament; unless anyone from the motives of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

As far for diplomacy – yeah no point of talking. Just waiting for new balance and thats it.

There is not stakes in SSHIP for quite a long time now, could you be more precise about this, or tell us if it happens again with the last versions and with which unit?
    I dont recall seeing this bug in this version. But for sure there is sharpened stakes ability for certain units, for e.g. retinue longbowmen in English roster. Just played quick battle and custom battle and I checked it.

Thats not how it works in SSHIP: you pay for any army that is in enemy territory, and you r generals may devellop traits that lower their costs, but it's never 0. You're quite wrong on our intent, and I think this system has been in place for a long time and maybe before any vanilla Total War. It is a simple game design question: if generals have traits that make them cost money when they're in enemy territory, your captains can't be free or else it is an easy exploit for the player.
    Well thats a brand new point of view for me. But if that is so – fine. Just tell me why then I have to pay for troops without general in friendly territory? Its not realistic or balanced and very annoying. This paying for troops on friendly territory by pop-up window is brand new.
    Like if we want to discuss it there is a whole new subject to talk about – punishing cities by garnisoning troops at their expense or living off the land by looting enemy territory. And it was done by both irregular and regular formations like gendarmes in late medieval France (btw gendarmes are not quite accurate in game). Or we can jump into how troops were gathered before campaigns or battles.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Indeed, I've made a mistake. thanks, @Malogard, for spotting it.
    Code:
    		log --- Malatya AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE -----------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_islam == 1				; 0 Islam: Malatya

change_settlement_name Malatya Malatya

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
    			and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya > 0
    				historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
    			end_if

set_counter current_name_Malatya 0
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox == 1			; 1 Orthodox: Melitene
    		and I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium == 0

change_settlement_name Malatya MalatyaGreek

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya < 1
    			end_if

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya > 1
    			end_if

set_counter current_name_Malatya 1
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic == 1				; Catholic: Melitene

change_settlement_name Malatya MalatyaGreek

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya < 1
    			end_if

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya > 1
    			end_if

set_counter current_name_Malatya 1
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_georgia == 1					; Georgia: Melid

change_settlement_name Malatya MalatyaArmenian

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Malatya < 2
    			end_if

set_counter current_name_Malatya 2
    		end_if

I think that i said this bug some time ago, in the 0.98 version of April byzantine quarters can recruit skoutatoi swordmen and spearmen in all cities and in low levels of barracks, i think that this is wrong. Only in castles should can recruit this profesional units and in high levels, The exception to the rule would be Constantinople that could recruit in their barracks if is possible this profesional troops.
    Only militias as contaratoi, toxotae and psiloi could be recruited in cities and in high levels other profesional troops as menaulatoi and others
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I think that i said this bug some time ago, in the 0.98 version of April byzantine quarters can recruit skoutatoi swordmen and spearmen in all cities and in low levels of barracks, i think that this is wrong. Only in castles should can recruit this profesional units and in high levels, The exception to the rule would be Constantinople that could recruit in their barracks if is possible this profesional troops.
    Only militias as contaratoi, toxotae and psiloi could be recruited in cities and in high levels other profesional troops as menaulatoi and others
    yes, thanks! it seems a condition "not is_player" has been forgotten in the code.
    Code:
    ;==============================================================================================================================;- BYZANTIUM city barracks town_watch -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; refreshement pools count: melee 0.09-0.21

;----- melee ----------------------------

recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter BYZANTIUM2_ANNA_COMNENA 1
            recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.12	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM2_ANNA_COMNENA 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1
            recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1

recruit_pool  "Castrophilakae"  1   0.07	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1
            recruit_pool  "Castrophilakae"  1   0.21	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1

;----- missiles -------------------------	
    		; AoR and: outside Byzantium (copied from France):

recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.04	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter lateran_council2 1 and not event_counter lateran_council3 1
    		recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.06	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter lateran_council3 1 and not event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1
    		recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1 and not event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1

;--- AI support - so that it fields better quality armies for the player's better experience (delayed because Byzantium is strong at the beginning)
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi Swordsmen"	1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter faction_size_huge 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi"				1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter faction_size_huge 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1

;--- AI support - mobilizaiton of citizens if the AI is in trouble: simply double the previous		
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi Swordsmen"	1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter faction_size_small 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi"				1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter faction_size_small 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Hi, looks like combination of events (WhenToTest) BattleGeneralRouted with condition IsGeneral is bugged.

log:
    21:41:31.569 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BattleCoward_Routed>
    : <character_record> is unavailable from event <BattleGeneralRouted>
    when testing <IsGeneral> condition
    21:41:31.569 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BattleCoward_Routed_Teenager>
    : <character_record> is unavailable from event <BattleGeneralRouted>
    After the battle came CTD

There are only two triggers with BattleGeneralRouted in export_descr_character_traits.txt :

;------------------------------------------Trigger BattleCoward_Routed
    WhenToTest BattleGeneralRouted

Condition IsGeneral
    and Trait CounterOfBattles < 6 ; to avoid a paradox of a coward experienced general; one may add more conditions here
    and Trait GoodCommander < 2
    and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66
    Affects Coward 1 Chance 33

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger BattleCoward_Routed_Teenager

Condition IsGeneral
    and Trait Wantschool > 0
    and Trait Brave > 0

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66

I've checked export_descr_character_traits.txt for SS6.4:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger battle_coward3

Affects Coward 1 Chance 25
    for BC2.4:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger battle7

Affects Coward  1  Chance  25 
        Affects Haemophobic  1  Chance  5
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 03, 2022 at 03:14 PM.
    Life without Total War games isn't a life

I didn't know that this is not-working. It's not listed here... Do you have any source of this info?

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

I tested it a second time with modified trigger:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger BattleCoward_Routed

Condition IsGeneral

Affects Coward 1 Chance 25
    Affects Haemophobic 1 Chance 5
    Error log said again:

00:20:36.256 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BattleCoward_Routed> : <character_record> is unavailable from event <BattleGeneralRouted>
    No CTD this time. But log clearly indicates that cannot join BattleGeneralRouted event with IsGeneral condition.
    Life without Total War games isn't a life

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    yes, thanks! it seems a condition "not is_player" has been forgotten in the code.
    Code:
    ;==============================================================================================================================;- BYZANTIUM city barracks town_watch -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; refreshement pools count: melee 0.09-0.21

;----- melee ----------------------------

recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter BYZANTIUM2_ANNA_COMNENA 1
            recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.12	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM2_ANNA_COMNENA 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1
            recruit_pool  "Contaratoi"		1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1

recruit_pool  "Castrophilakae"  1   0.07	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM3_NORMAN_WARS 1 and not event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1
            recruit_pool  "Castrophilakae"  1   0.21	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM6_BYZANTINE_RENAISSANCE_STARTED 1

;----- missiles -------------------------	
    		; AoR and: outside Byzantium (copied from France):

recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.04	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter lateran_council2 1 and not event_counter lateran_council3 1
    		recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.06	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter lateran_council3 1 and not event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1
    		recruit_pool  "Urban Crossbow Militia"  1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS 1 and not event_counter PAVISE_SHIELDS 1

;--- AI support - so that it fields better quality armies for the player's better experience (delayed because Byzantium is strong at the beginning)
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi Swordsmen"	1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter faction_size_huge 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi"				1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter faction_size_huge 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1

;--- AI support - mobilizaiton of citizens if the AI is in trouble: simply double the previous		
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi Swordsmen"	1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter faction_size_small 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1
            recruit_pool    "Scoutatoi"				1   0.25	2  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter faction_size_small 1 and event_counter leap_year_counter 1
    Your welcome Jurand! About Skoutatoi (swordmen and spearmen), also Menautolai( byzantine pikemen) I have been researching and since the 9th-10th century these infantry troops were stationed in one of the Imperial Tagma barracks in Constantinople, so I think the Constantinople barrack should have a last building level where from the beginning you can recruit Skoutatoi swordmen and skoutaoti spearmen, furthemore of the rest militias, varangian guard, vestiaritoi (palace guards) and maybe latin troops as italians (urban crossbow militias, marinae...) for the influence of Venetians, Genoese, Pisans...
    I don't know who is in charge of the recruitment in sship mod, maybe Kostic or Macaras but I think it is logical to equip Constantinople with these troops and its defense since at this time it was the most important city in the Middle Ages.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

at the beginning of the game, Aragon has an army where there are plate armor units, not correct for 1132, I think they are the "sergeant swordmen" maybe with armor upgrade or something similar, they besiege Valencia at the beginning of the game.
    On the other hand the almogávares could be recruited from the beginning of the game at least for Aragonese in their barracks and for Castilians to a lesser extent, the javelineros could be called "Peones with javelins" or simply Peones" this was the common medieval name for infantry basic in the Iberian armies, and we would have another name together with the hidalgo knights and villanos.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I can recruit the Caliph's guard despite I don't own Bagdad
    Attached Files Attached Files