Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

due some map edits 1.7 is easier for good factions and harder for bad factions 1.6.2 is the opposite
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Okey, sow do you think mordor and Rhun can survive if I keep giving them large amounts of gold?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    due some map edits 1.7 is easier for good factions and harder for bad factions 1.6.2 is the opposite
    That, and Hero has invested considerable effort into limiting the stack spam. This leads to a much weaker Mordor, as they have the most stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Okey, sow do you think mordor and Rhun can survive if I keep giving them large amounts of gold?
    You can increase their Kings Purse in the descr_strat file, located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    Two warnings:
    - A few hundred extra gold should be enough, or you might find that the entire map will color orange and black. I don't know how much is needed exactly. It's a very precarious balance, seeing that Gondor and Dale are not always doing very well in MOS 1.7. So all in all I would suggest an increase of around 500-600 for both, not much more (definitely no more than a 1000) except if you don't care about Dale and Gondor getting destroyed.
    - Use Notepad++ for editing this file, regular notepad will make TATW fail to launch.
    By the way, I presume you have enabled the script Shadow in the East? This will give a rather significant buff to Mordor and also extra money to Harad and Rhûn. If that is the case, Mordor really shouldn't be that weak, I guess...

Hmm alright thx for the tips! I have no shadow of the east mod activated. And I dont really want to mess around with the scripts in the game. Isnt it enough if I sen them gold maybe every 4th turn with 40.000 gold?

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Hmm alright thx for the tips! I have no shadow of the east mod activated. And I dont really want to mess around with the scripts in the game. Isnt it enough if I sen them gold maybe every 4th turn with 40.000 gold?
    It's not a mod, it's one of the about 30 scripts that pop up at the very start of every game in MOS 1.7.
    And yeah, sending them that much gold will probably do the trick as well

Hehe okey! Good! im getting 23.000 gold every turn. So no worries about giving them gold xD

Hello everyone,
    new guy around here, the mod looks (and plays) absolutely amazing! I am loving my time in Middle-Earth. I have a small problem though.
    How long are the end turn buttons supposed to take? For me it lasts something close to 30 seconds. It's not annoying enough that I will stop playing but if there is anything I have missed to improve it I would appreciate it.
    I have a Steam version, game is not installed on the Program Files folder, 4gb of RAM.

It will probably be like that untill some factions are destroyed when factions get destroyed it will take less time for the AI to make all the moves on the map

Quote Originally Posted by atax View Post
    Hello everyone,
    new guy around here, the mod looks (and plays) absolutely amazing! I am loving my time in Middle-Earth. I have a small problem though.
    How long are the end turn buttons supposed to take? For me it lasts something close to 30 seconds. It's not annoying enough that I will stop playing but if there is anything I have missed to improve it I would appreciate it.
    I have a Steam version, game is not installed on the Program Files folder, 4gb of RAM.
    30 seconds, you are complaining about 30 seconds?
    Nah I'm just kidding. It is indeed incredibly annoying, but you (and me, it takes about as long for me) should consider ourselves lucky. We've had people here reporting end turn times upwards of 2 minutes.
    Veteraan made a post on how to lower turn times, but that is probably for the CD version and I've absolutely no idea were to find the post...
    Vet, please help?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I thought my MOS thread detector went of and checking in, it seems I was called indeed.

Yup, I posted something about turn times in the previous thread. You can find it HERE.

But as previously stated, 30 seconds turn time is not that bad at all. I suspect there are a lot of players that wish it would take "only" 30 seconds for them. The huge amount of scripts running takes its toll on turn times. There is not that much we can do about it, except for removing scripts, which ultimately would defeat the purpose. We already have removed some we thought we could do without when we made version 1.7. Also probably not all of the scripts are programmed as efficient as it could be. This without meaning any disrespect to those that created them and who were willing to let them be part of MOS. It would be a huge task to go through all the scripts and see if they can be improved upon in terms of performance. Frankly we don't have the time and resources to even contemplate doing such a thing.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I am not really complaining, I've searched the subject before posting and I can tell that my end turn timer is pretty decent, closer to 45 than 30 though. I posted mostly to make sure there wasn't anything I might have missed to improve it even more. I'll take the above average result then
    And again, the mod is awesome, I am ready to spend hours sending arrows on some orcs!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

i open game crashes after a few seconds and i get message
    Medieval 2:Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    i open game crashes after a few seconds and i get message
    Medieval 2:Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    try running the cleaner bat in your third age 3 folder

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Hello Community,
    this is my first Post here (registered to this Forum only for this question ).
    I´m playing with the latest MOS version 1.7.
    First I thought everything works fine, no crashes, no problems.
    But know I figured out two thinks after starting with Eriador to reunite Arnor:

1. After completing everything to reunite Arnor ( Annuminas is a Large City, built the House of Kings, conquered every region I needed and Aragorn is still alive),
    nothing happens. So, I got no event, no changes... that´s kind of frustrating -.-

2. So I searched two hours to find out what the problem could be. During my searching, I found out that also events should pop up in the first turn to activate or deactivate some scripts. Guess what... no events for me.

Every other thing works perfectly, and this mod/ submod is great, but I´m little bit upset, because I invested many hours in my Campaigns.
    All other events trigger also, like the "military revolution" script.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you

try running the cleaner bat in your third age 3 folder
    I did nothing changed still crashes after a few seconds and I get the same message

dont know if it matters but I have Windows 10
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; June 04, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

Citizen

I did nothing changed still crashes after a few seconds and I get the same message

dont know if it matters but I have Windows 10
    try running the cleaner bat as administrator

try running the cleaner bat as administrator
    still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Krayan View Post
    Hello Community,
    this is my first Post here (registered to this Forum only for this question ).
    I´m playing with the latest MOS version 1.7.
    First I thought everything works fine, no crashes, no problems.
    But know I figured out two thinks after starting with Eriador to reunite Arnor:

1. After completing everything to reunite Arnor ( Annuminas is a Large City, built the House of Kings, conquered every region I needed and Aragorn is still alive),
    nothing happens. So, I got no event, no changes... that´s kind of frustrating -.-

2. So I searched two hours to find out what the problem could be. During my searching, I found out that also events should pop up in the first turn to activate or deactivate some scripts. Guess what... no events for me.

Every other thing works perfectly, and this mod/ submod is great, but I´m little bit upset, because I invested many hours in my Campaigns.
    All other events trigger also, like the "military revolution" script.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you
    Hello Krayan, welcome to TWC
    Dammit... A friend of mine had the exact same problem and he has not been able to fix it. Other people have also been reporting it in this thread.
    We have absolutely no idea what unites all these cases, unfortunately
    The only thing you can do is redownload and re-install. Make sure you are doing nothing else while downloading and make sure to follow the install instructions to the letter.
    Beyond this, there is not much I can help you with...
    Maybe someone else has an idea?

still nothing
    Can you give us some more details? Do you use Steam? Did regular TATW work before installing MOS?
    It might really be as simple as a slight error in the install. Do you have any kind of error log? Also, how many file's/folders are in your Third_Age_3 folder? There should be 23.

non steam user i downloaded the files 5 times i attempted installs 9 times. i dont have 3.2 installed but i did attempted to install it and i got the same error

here my folder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	337488

non steam user i downloaded the files 5 times i attempted installs 9 times. i dont have 3.2 installed but i did attempted to install it and i got the same error

here my folder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	337488
    TATW gives you the same error? That means it's not a MOS problem, fortunately or unfortunately. What version of Medieval II do you have? I believe it should be Kingdoms 1.5. I suppose that the vanilla game DOES work?