Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

Quote Originally Posted by corero66 View Post
    i have little problem when i do a custom battle (not on editor) on the unit didn't show units flags.How fix this problem?
    That happens if you start Medieval 2 after using the CineEd.
    To fix this problem, open the medieval2.preference.cfg in the Medieval 2 main folder and change the line show_banners = 0 into show_banners = 1

Also make sure that the morale is enabled: morale = 1
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    That happens if you start Medieval 2 after using the CineEd.
    To fix this problem, open the medieval2.preference.cfg in the Medieval 2 main folder and change the line show_banners = 0 into show_banners = 1

Also make sure that the morale is enabled: morale = 1
    Thx its is working

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

i don't find that damned recordthing...

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Great tutorial. I followed your instructions and feel somewhat comfortable with the process. However, I still have problems with the camera angle/viewpoint when I attempt to record videos. It always moves off at some unknown angle. Not sure why, guess Ill have to work with it some more.

Thanks for the instructions. +rep

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Great tutorial. I followed your instructions and feel somewhat comfortable with the process. However, I still have problems with the camera angle/viewpoint when I attempt to record videos. It always moves off at some unknown angle. Not sure why, guess Ill have to work with it some more.

Thanks for the instructions. +rep
    Thanks, Gaius Baltar!
    Yeah, sometimes the camera tries to fade into a new position pretty strange if that is what you mean... For example if you got 3 keyframes, and the distance between the first and the second as about 10 times as large as between the second and the third. The camera moves half of the long distance after passing the second keyframe before it moves back to the third sometimes. Therefore you should avoid big differences between the distance of keyframes (at least if the time space is not different between the 1st and 2nd, and 2nd and 3rd)...
    Ya know what I mean?? lol
    formerly known as D|need

Heya everyone, i took a shot at recording but is alot harder than it looked.

I'm having problems taking shots. I have this green line on my cineed, how do i get rid of it? It appears my play button always starts on it.
    E8400
    4GB DDR2
    HAF932
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64

lol yeah the green line shows the time where you've currently paused the replay. When you press play it always starts there. If you want to have it more forward or backward, then shift+right-click at the point where you wanna have it and then press fast-forward/rewind...
    formerly known as D|need

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

is this tutorial compatibel with mods? i mean if i do these steps will it wrok for ss (using the kingdoms expansion) as wel ore do i need to do this an other way?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    is this tutorial compatibel with mods? i mean if i do these steps will it wrok for ss (using the kingdoms expansion) as wel ore do i need to do this an other way?
    In the very first post of this thread there is a part that is called "Use the Cinematic Editor with mods". Open that Spoiler Alert. How to use the Cinematic Editor with SS is explained there step by step.
    formerly known as D|need

Hey. I got a problem. I do not have a replay folder and i cant find my replays.

Quote Originally Posted by sbladerz View Post
    Hey. I got a problem. I do not have a replay folder and i cant find my replays.
    If you play vanilla M2TW the replays will be in the subfolder /replays
    If you play kingdoms or a mod, the replays are in the subfolder /mods/crusaders/replays/ if you play the Crusader campaign...
    formerly known as D|need

If you play vanilla M2TW the replays will be in the subfolder /replays
    If you play kingdoms or a mod, the replays are in the subfolder /mods/crusaders/replays/ if you play the Crusader campaign...
    im just playing the normal medieval total war.

as u can see theres no folder containing replay or anything

im just playing the normal medieval total war.
    as u can see theres no folder containing replay or anything
    Well, are you sure you've already played some game and saved the replay? The game will create the folder only after you saved a replay...
    formerly known as D|need

Well, are you sure you've already played some game and saved the replay? The game will create the folder only after you saved a replay...
    yes. i followed up ur instructions. create game play it and save replay.

yes. i followed up ur instructions. create game play it and save replay.
    Thats weird, indeed. All what I can say now is, try it again with a new custom battle and save the replay at another, more simple name. Maybe someone else, a modder or someone who's into the gamefiles, can answer here and help you...
    formerly known as D|need

so without replay i can create any videos right?

thx alot i found my replay and i now looking thru the video tut
    Last edited by sbladerz; May 22, 2008 at 05:11 AM.

Hey. I do not know how to set the camera and all those angles. im a total noob. pls help

Triple post.... :hmmm:

Well, if you can't understand the way I described the Cinematic Editor in the video tutorial, you should read through this tutorial by Caliban, CA dev:
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/16245/
    It explains everything step-by-step, takes longer to read than my video tutorial but definetly helps! If you have still problems ask a more specific question
    formerly known as D|need

from your tips its stated
    "If you use Windows Vista, try to switch from the Aero interface to the standard Windows interface. Aero seems to cause the black rendered video."
    im using vista. but in the first place how do i change the interface?