Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    Looks like I found a bug in 1.7. While playing as FPoE this message appeared after the invasion on Edoras: http://postimg.cc/image/3q85fg0px/ (screenshot taken from the OP). This message should only appear to the faction that conquered it, right?
    First time I see this being reported, perhaps it's just a fluke. You are right though I think, you should never see such a message when playing as FPoE.

This script is one the new things that were added to MOS 1.7 By Hero of the West. Due to RL issues he had to quit working on MOS quite a while ago. At this point it is not sure when, or even if he will be able to return. In fact the team as a whole is not very active. Except for providing some support and info where we can, like in this thread and keeping the necessary install files available for downloading.

So even when this is a real bug(which is very well possible) it will probably not be fixed any time soon.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Have been away from the mod for a while and have returned to find new material! You guys are awesome! TATW/MOS is better then any polished 'official TW games out there. Love 1.7 so far.

Question..How do I get settlement viewer to work? I see it in the change log.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    Have been away from the mod for a while and have returned to find new material! You guys are awesome! TATW/MOS is better then any polished 'official TW games out there. Love 1.7 so far.

Question..How do I get settlement viewer to work? I see it in the change log.
    Thank you for the kind words
    Links to all included submods are posted under the 'One Ring to Rule them All' header.
    Alpaca can probably explain how the settlement viewer works better than me: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mod)&highlight=

Default Re: Rohan model texture bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kesten pire View Post
    Reinstall should help. Files were overwritten wrong, I think.
    I have tried to reinstall 3 times already and the problem is still there.
    The unit is "Royal Dismounted Kinsman" and its from the submod MOS. I just want to play Rohan :/

Edit by Veteraan: This post refers to the images found HERE.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 24, 2016 at 05:25 PM.

Does the Bodyguard switcher mod work with 1.7? I miss the custom leaders of Boromir, Denethor.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nope, the guy who adapted it for MOS has not updated it for v1.7

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Does this mod still use that script that gives the AI factions free money to keep them from going bankrupt?

Edit: Also, am I correct in thinking that custom settlements (besides Osgiliath) can't be upgraded to larger settlement sizes? Like, I think Esgaroth is considered a large city. Am I right in thinking that it can't be upgraded to a huge city, no matter how high the population gets?
    Last edited by RInger; July 27, 2016 at 09:17 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The AI get money in TATW and every sensible submod, since the AI can't handle economy on it's own (it's not Skynet, sadly/gladly). To not have that would be like entering a boxing match, but your opponent is 7 years old and can't get to the fight because his parents won't drive him to the gym today.
    The question is how much money, not if the AI get money, but I guess that is not your actual question, but you wonder about the stack spam situation nowadays?

You are correct.
    If you did upgraded it, it would no longer look like Esgaroth but become a generic settlement instead.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 28, 2016 at 01:30 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yeah, I guess I was mainly wondering if the AI would be able to greatly outpace the human player in terms of construction and recruitment, since it would essentially have unlimited resources.

For the settlement question, you can still upgrade non-unique settlements though, right? Like you could upgrade Pelargir and Dol Amroth, because those are just generic Gondor settlements? And for settlements that can't be upgraded, does that mean you shouldn't build too many of the population raising structures, like crop rotation and stuff, because you would risk increasing the squalor level and possibly having plagues or unrest?

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    Yeah, I guess I was mainly wondering if the AI would be able to greatly outpace the human player in terms of construction and recruitment, since it would essentially have unlimited resources.

For the settlement question, you can still upgrade non-unique settlements though, right? Like you could upgrade Pelargir and Dol Amroth, because those are just generic Gondor settlements? And for settlements that can't be upgraded, does that mean you shouldn't build too many of the population raising structures, like crop rotation and stuff, because you would risk increasing the squalor level and possibly having plagues or unrest?
    Not 'greatly', in terms of construction at least, as the player is generally smarter than the AI in spending money on useful structures. They do get a lot more units though, mainly because of scripts that spawn them, so you will find yourself rather greatly outnumbered if you are not careful.
    As to your questions: Yes and yes, although you should check the building tree to see if a settlement can be upgraded. Example: in MOS 1.7 Dol Amroth is a generic Gondor Fortress (or that was in RK and it's a castle in 1.7, but the point stands), meaning that you can't upgrade it further to a citadel (as only both sides of Osgilliath can be upgraded to a Huge City or Citadel). Pelargir should be a generic city, thus it should be possible to upgrade it. Some villages or towns can't be upgraded because of lore-reasons (again, check the building tree) and some factions (most notably the Elves and Orcish factions) can't upgrade castles.

Okay, thanks for the info. I had forgotten that some factions couldn't upgrade castles.

I have a bug to report.

I'm currently playing a Rohan campaign with the latest version of the MOS submod installed and with the immortal Nazgul script active. I've just killed 4 Nazgul generals, including the Witch King. In spite of this there are 6 Nazgul generals visible on the campaign map, 4 of which are named Hôarmûrath of Dír. This is all on the same turn. As far as I know, there were supposed to be only 9 Nazgul.

Also, do the Nazgul respawn the very next turn after they are killed? If so, this is kind of a bother when invading Mordor. It would make sense, gameplay-wise, for the Nazgul to take several turn to respawn after death.

I've just encountered another very annoying bug. Not sure if this is a TATW or MOS issue.

Playing as Rohan, I'm holding the Black Gate and a Mordor army sieges the settlement from Morannon (from the west side of the gate). Another Mordor full stack stations itself right next to the besieging army (also on the west side of the gate). The enemy attacks a turn later, and I find myself facing one Mordor army attacking the front of the Black Gate, and the reinforcing Mordor army (the one that was also positioned to west of the Gate) magically appearing behind the not-so-mildly surprised defenders. The outcome of this battle is predictable.

Is there a way to change spawn locations of attacker's reinforcement armies in the event of a Black Gate siege?

Sorry for the late reply mate and another apology for not really being able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagan View Post
    I have a bug to report.

I'm currently playing a Rohan campaign with the latest version of the MOS submod installed and with the immortal Nazgul script active. I've just killed 4 Nazgul generals, including the Witch King. In spite of this there are 6 Nazgul generals visible on the campaign map, 4 of which are named Hôarmûrath of Dír. This is all on the same turn. As far as I know, there were supposed to be only 9 Nazgul.

Also, do the Nazgul respawn the very next turn after they are killed? If so, this is kind of a bother when invading Mordor. It would make sense, gameplay-wise, for the Nazgul to take several turn to respawn after death.
    This should absolutely not be happening. There is also no indication in the script that anything is wrong and no one else has reported this before. Nazgul do however spawn the turn after they have been destroyed, so that part is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagan View Post
    I've just encountered another very annoying bug. Not sure if this is a TATW or MOS issue.

Playing as Rohan, I'm holding the Black Gate and a Mordor army sieges the settlement from Morannon (from the west side of the gate). Another Mordor full stack stations itself right next to the besieging army (also on the west side of the gate). The enemy attacks a turn later, and I find myself facing one Mordor army attacking the front of the Black Gate, and the reinforcing Mordor army (the one that was also positioned to west of the Gate) magically appearing behind the not-so-mildly surprised defenders. The outcome of this battle is predictable.

Is there a way to change spawn locations of attacker's reinforcement armies in the event of a Black Gate siege?
    Things like this occasionaly happen. Helm's Deep has a similar problem, where a reinforcement army will spawn on the hill above the Hornburg without a way to come down, making the army effectively useless.
    Unfortunately, there is no real way to fix this. I myself don't have much knowledge of these things and King Kong and even Leo apparently haven't managed to improve it... So there is probably not much that can be done about it

Bug report. Cair Andros does not work at all and must be auto-resolve. Seems to have something to do with no room for attacking troops and they all die the moment the battle starts then it ends. Also new units don't have unit card description picture. Minor of course. 1.7 is outstanding otherwise however.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    Bug report. Cair Andros does not work at all and must be auto-resolve. Seems to have something to do with no room for attacking troops and they all die the moment the battle starts then it ends. Also new units don't have unit card description picture. Minor of course. 1.7 is outstanding otherwise however.
    Hmm, Don't know what would be wrong with the unit cards, but as it stands now even if it is indeed a bug, it will not be fixed.

Cair Andros though has been fixed and if you have problems with it, you did not install the All inclusive patch (correctly). If so, then you will miss other bug fixes and content. Note: not all content from the patch is save game compatible.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Hmm, Don't know what would be wrong with the unit cards, but as it stands now even if it is indeed a bug, it will not be fixed.

Cair Andros though has been fixed and if you have problems with it, you did not install the All inclusive patch (correctly). If so, then you will miss other bug fixes and content. Note: not all content from the patch is save game compatible.
    To add to the note, the Cair Andros fix is not save game compatible...

MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Download off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Sorry for the late reply mate and another apology for not really being able to help you.

This should absolutely not be happening. There is also no indication in the script that anything is wrong and no one else has reported this before. Nazgul do however spawn the turn after they have been destroyed, so that part is normal.

Things like this occasionaly happen. Helm's Deep has a similar problem, where a reinforcement army will spawn on the hill above the Hornburg without a way to come down, making the army effectively useless.
    Unfortunately, there is no real way to fix this. I myself don't have much knowledge of these things and King Kong and even Leo apparently haven't managed to improve it... So there is probably not much that can be done about it
    Thanks for the reply.

Strange that the Immortal Nazgul script would malfunction like that. I haven't installed any other submod except for MOS 1.7 and the patches 01-05 (on top of TATW 3.2).

I might try to mod the Nazgul respawn timer. Hopefully it shouldn't be to difficult to do.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out why the "Next Heir" script is not working. I'm playing as Gondor and have accepted Aragorns Offer. I moved the "Writings of Isildur" to him by dragging from Boromir to Aragorn, and it did transfer the Writings. However, 10 turns later and he is not the next heir. I thought it might be because he was not adopted into the "family tree", but I tried moving the Writings to Faramir (who is in the tree) and no luck there either.

I'm not sure if there is some other requirement I have to fulfill? I even tried sending my faction leader and heir into the loving arms of death to see what would happen, and it skipped over Aragorn entirely.

Looking into the campaign_script doesn't offer much assistance on the issue either. It just seems like it's not triggering whatever is supposed to be triggered.

Thank you!!!!!