Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Greymane the man !. I succesfuly added Gimli and Gandalf as general model to Gondor thanks to your help, i used notepad++ to edit the file, googled it. Thank you so much bro.

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Probably not
    If you have an earlier save, you could load that and simply not accept the script.
    If you can find out what unit causes the crash, you can try to put it back in the export_descr_units file, as it has probably been removed. However, if you have over 500 units in that file, the game will crash by default, so you might have to take a unit out (which might then crash other parts of your game). All of this might not even work, but it's worth a try.(...)
    A bummer, really But thanks for your help. I've posted a note on the submods' thread to inform them of the issue, it seems you have to disable every script that might add automatic units thena s it will probably always look for removed ones.

I'm having an issue installing MOS. When I go to extract into my mod folder I get 21000 errors saying Access is denied. I'm currently running as an administrator and I tried changing the write permissions of the folder but still no luck.

Alright, I got it to install now. Although every time I boot up the mod I get a G5BAISwitcher.vbs Permission denied error.

Also for some reason there is absolutely no music at all.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Greymane the man !. I succesfuly added Gimli and Gandalf as general model to Gondor thanks to your help, i used notepad++ to edit the file, googled it. Thank you so much bro.
    Glad to hear that it works

Quote Originally Posted by hborrgg View Post
    Alright, I got it to install now. Although every time I boot up the mod I get a G5BAISwitcher.vbs Permission denied error.

Also for some reason there is absolutely no music at all.
    Ah, it's one of those installs... More people had the music problem and Veteraan (most likely) uploaded a music.dat file (or something like that) that you can download and has been reported to fix the problem.
    Unfortunately, I don't know where it is...
    Vet, can you re-post the link or point us in the right direction? It might also be worth adding to the OP.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Glad to hear that it works

Ah, it's one of those installs... More people had the music problem and Veteraan (most likely) uploaded a music.dat file (or something like that) that you can download and has been reported to fix the problem.
    Unfortunately, I don't know where it is...
    Vet, can you re-post the link or point us in the right direction? It might also be worth adding to the OP.
    Well, the OP is where the links are, at the bottom of the install and download section to be precise.

The GBAI switcher permission denied problem has probably something to do with the rights the folders and or files have, or the rights you as a user have. If you know how, you can try to change those (it's something to be done in Windows itself, google it if necessary). You can also try to start the game logged in as Administrator, that might help although it can also cause other problems, hard to tell what exactly will happen.
    It's not that big a deal if the GBAI Switcher is not activated though, it will only make the AI a bit more predictable.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, the OP is where the links are, at the bottom of the install and download section to be precise.

The GBAI switcher permission denied problem has probably something to do with the rights the folders and or files have, or the rights you as a user have. If you know how, you can try to change those (it's something to be done in Windows itself, google it if necessary). You can also try to start the game logged in as Administrator, that might help although it can also cause other problems, hard to tell what exactly will happen.
    It's not that big a deal if the GBAI Switcher is not activated though, it will only make the AI a bit more predictable.
    Whoops! I only looked in de bugs section

Feels good to be back .

tried downloading the other sound file. Still no luck with the music.

Is there any way to keep the lorien elves or other AI factions from taking over Moria when the human is playing dwarves? Or better yet some way to respawn the Balrog and kick them out if they've already done just that? It's sort of ruined the whole "epic reconquest of moria and confrontation with the balrog" thing.

Is it normalt that i cant recruit some Gonodiran units like Winged Swordmens or Archer of tower guard in campaign but i can use them in custom battle, in older version i had them. And is there version 1.3 or 1.4 MOS to dowloand?

Quote Originally Posted by White moon View Post
    Is it normalt that i cant recruit some Gonodiran units like Winged Swordmens or Archer of tower guard in campaign but i can use them in custom battle, in older version i had them. And is there version 1.3 or 1.4 MOS to dowloand?
    Welcome to the forum, White moon.

Yes, that is normal. Those units have been removed from the campaign when we added dIRECT0R's cut to MOS. Gondor is probably the most popular faction and it has the most units. There is however also the matter of game balance to consider.

MOS 1.3 or 1.4 downloads.Don't think so, at least I don't know of any.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 25, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to the forum, White moon.

Yes, that is normal. Those units have been removed from the campaign when we added dIRECT0R's cut to MOS. Gondor is probably the most popular faction and it has the most units. There is however also the matter of game balance to consider.

MOS 1.3 or 1.4 downloads.Don't think so, at least I know of any.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?571022-MOS-the-ultimate-TATW-experience-version-1-6-1-for-Third-Age-3-2-released-7th-Oct
    Might some of these links still be up?

@Hborrgg, unfortunately there is no way, except taking the settlement before they do

Default Help with MOS 1.7 installation

Hello

I am wondering if someone could help me with installing MOS 1.7. I downloaded all the parts from modDB and placed them in a folder here

I can't seem to find instructions on where to place these files on a steam installed version of Med II Kingdoms. I tried placing the files in an existing Kingdoms mod folder and renaming, but the game would crash on start up.

A few questions if someone doesn't mind answering:

What is the difference between the part 1 and part 2 MOS 1.7 downloads? The content of both appears to be the same.

Do you need to run an install of MOS or just find the correct folder to place them?

Is their a detailed thread for MOS 1.7 installation? I can't seem to find one.

Thank you for reading!

Default Re: Help with MOS 1.7 installation

Step 1: download base TATW mod
    Step 2: download all parts of MOS
    Step 3: copy and paste contents of each folder in numerical order
    Step 4: rename third age folder to an expansion of your choosing
    Step 5: run cleaner.bat in the mod folder?

All there is to it. And you need all the parts. They just broke it up to make it easy to upload/download

There are a few more steps to be taken. After downloading TATW (3.2) you first have to install it. When this is done and TATW is working as intended, you then proceed with installing MOS 1.7.

There is an install guide to be found in the First Post of this thread (including an instruction video).

Default Unspecific Error

Hello friends,

I have to deal with the popular "unspecific error". I'm playing a campaign (TATW MOS 1.5) for quite a few weeks with no errors (all the time the same campaign!). Since today, no errors occured. But today, when I press the "End turn"-Button it proceeds as usual. When it's the rebel's turn (or maybe the turn is finished and it's about to be my turn..?) the game crashes with the unspecific error.
    I deleted the maps.rwm files, the desr_geography_new files and the strings.bin files. I also changed the daylight savings - nothing happened.

I appreciate every help or hint!
    The sad thing is, I cannot avoid this error like the ones occuring during a specific siege battle etc.

Regards,
    lidless

Laetus

Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for this great game! Ive been playing it for a while now.

I do have a couple issues, maybe someone can help me with.

When i try to play a Custom Battle it says you need Rohan culture. The problem is you cant pick Rohan culture. So what can i do?

Do the cheats work for this?

Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Deetee View Post
    Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for this great game! Ive been playing it for a while now.

I do have a couple issues, maybe someone can help me with.

When i try to play a Custom Battle it says you need Rohan culture. The problem is you cant pick Rohan culture. So what can i do?

Do the cheats work for this?

Thanks alot
    Welcome to the forum, Deetee.

Thanks, on behalf of the team.

Rohan culture, no idea to be honest. Only play custom battles for testing purposes myself and I don't ever pay attention to the culture requirements, but somebody else might know this.

Cheats should work, yes. Of course this will make your game crash immediately though, format your hard disks and SSD's and fry ever circuit present in your computer.

Default Re: Unspecific Error

Quote Originally Posted by the-lidless-eye View Post
    Hello friends,

I have to deal with the popular "unspecific error". I'm playing a campaign (TATW MOS 1.5) for quite a few weeks with no errors (all the time the same campaign!). Since today, no errors occured. But today, when I press the "End turn"-Button it proceeds as usual. When it's the rebel's turn (or maybe the turn is finished and it's about to be my turn..?) the game crashes with the unspecific error.
    I deleted the maps.rwm files, the desr_geography_new files and the strings.bin files. I also changed the daylight savings - nothing happened.

I appreciate every help or hint!
    The sad thing is, I cannot avoid this error like the ones occuring during a specific siege battle etc.

Regards,
    lidless
    Welcome to the forum, the-lidless-eye.

MOS 1.5, that really is a long time ago, for this mod at least.

IIRC there used to be quite a lot of these "unspecified errors" in that version. Stylix usually could fix them on a case to case basis, but as far as I know he was the only one who could. So, unless somebody else comes up with a suggestion, I'm afraid your problem will not be solved.