Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

Icon7 Dagor Minuial ~ Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaigns ~ A magical adventure, full of magic and adventure!

End of the Third Age;

Ring Destroyed, Year 1 of the Fourth Age;

Fourth Age Campaign Background Info

This campaign begins at the end of the Third Age before the fall of Sauron, and continues on into the beginning, or Dawn of the Fourth Age.

Tolkien states in Appendix A that Aragorn and Eomer fought many battles together in the North East and South East until Eomer was too old to ride. So that is at least 30-40 more years of war with just Rhun, Harad, and the Variags.

Tolkien also states somewhere (probably the end of book six) that Aragorn spent pretty much all of his time as King reclaiming lands that once belonged to Gondor and Arnor. That is a lot of land, so that means even more wars with the inhabitants, as they are not just going to give it up. And of course all the creatures out in the wilderness are not just going to lie down and die as people reclaim the lands.

The Reunited Kingdom will of course be the biggest, strongest faction, but this is also a hindrance as they will be fighting on multiple fronts and stretched pretty thin (the AI gets a good amount of assistance with this when controlling the faction). They will also be an obstacle for both good and bad factions, as they will grow so large eventually (much like Mordor in the Third Age). Basically, it is a good/bad power flip compared to the Third Age.

Reunited Kingdom Recruitment: Gondor's and Eriador's native units are AOR in terms of recruiting, retraining, and free upkeep. Reunited Kingdom units can still be recruited everywhere, but are the only ones recruitable and free-upkeep outside of Gondor's or Eriador's lands.

Playable Campaign Factions

Reunited Kingdom,

Rohan,

Dwarves of Erebor,

Dwarves of Ered Luin,

Orocarni Dwarves,

Avari Elves,

Dale,

Silvan Elves,

Galadhrim,

High Elves,

Rhun,

Harad,

Far
    Harad,

Orcs of Gundabad,

Orcs of the Misty Mountains,

Beornings,

Variags,

Balchoth Clan,

Dunlendings,

Isengard, (located in the Shire)

Mordor, (loses all regions and becomes a horde)

Corsairs and Outlaws,

Creations of Eru, (Ents, Huorns, Eagles, Bears, etc.)

Brood of Glaurung- These drakes are very distant relatives of Glaurung, the father of all drakes. They are a mere shadow of their former size and strength, with the exception of a select few that have somehow managed to survive through the ages. Includes all four legged cold drakes. Strengths: Variety of strong units, dragon scale armor. Weaknesses: Low unit numbers, no ranged units.

Brood of Ancalagon- These drakes are relatives of the mightiest of all drakes, Ancalagon the Black. Though many perished in the great wars of old, the small amount that survived have grown strong through the ages. Few can match their strength and ferocity. Includes all fire drakes. Strengths: Large and powerful, fire breathing units, flying units, dragon scale armor. Weaknesses: Very low unit numbers.

Brood of Scatha- These relatives of the Great Worm Scatha have been a plague in the North since Scatha himself took residence there. Their numbers have only increased since Scatha’s demise, as the peoples of Middle-Earth hide in their own lands. Includes all serpent cold drakes. Strengths: Variety of strong units, dragon scale armor. Weaknesses: Low unit numbers, no ranged units.

Spawn of Ungoliant- Now that Sauron has been cast down taking much of the strength of Elves, Dwarves, and Men along with him, Ungoliant plots for the dominance of all. Without the power of Sauron to contend with, all of Middle-Earth will be covered in her un-light, and everything in it will be hers to devour. Strengths: Variety of strong and weak units, exoskeleton armor. Weaknesses: No ranged units.

Currently Non-Playable Campaign Factions (units still available in custom battles and in the campaign)

A New Shadow playable factions (able to recruit Orcs first and Men later on after events to become hybrid factions.)

Ushtarak - Remnant faction of Mordor, starts as a horde when the Ring is destroyed.

Kashaul - Remnant faction of Dol Guldor, starts as a horde when the Ring is destroyed.

The names are not permanent, I haven't thought on it yet.

Custom Campaigns
    Quite a few of these.

Installation Info

The Dawn of the Fourth Age Campaign is a part of PCP, find more info HERE.

Optional Dual Install, for those that want a separate mod folder for installation.

Credits;

King Kong and TATW Team.

Tolkien.

~

~
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 14, 2017 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: Fourth Age Campaign

OOTMM?
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Included.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 11, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

This submod looks good and i look forward to it and i have some suggestions that would be cool for gameplay

1. Some dwarven units recruitable by Rohan in helms deep

2. Some elven units (silvan) recruitable by rk in Ithilien

3. Make the high elves nearly gone, and have a lot less settlement, something like 2 or three. The rest of the HE settlements can be taken by RK, or just remove the high elf faction and make the units recruitable by RK.

4. Use FROME submod for additional factions. Primarily wild men of dunland, which could be a faction to oppose rohirrim in the start as they dont have any monster factions in their nearest vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    This submod looks good and i look forward to it and i have some suggestions that would be cool for gameplay

1. Some dwarven units recruitable by Rohan in helms deep

2. Some elven units (silvan) recruitable by rk in Ithilien

3. Make the high elves nearly gone, and have a lot less settlement, something like 2 or three. The rest of the HE settlements can be taken by RK, or just remove the high elf faction and make the units recruitable by RK.

4. Use FROME submod for additional factions. Primarily wild men of dunland, which could be a faction to oppose rohirrim in the start as they dont have any monster factions in their nearest vicinity.
    Excellent ideas.

beerin's Avatar Libertus

this would be wonderful

make maglor come back to lead high elves since no one said hes dead and elrond no there and cirdan no leave havens

Cirdan being the High Elves faction leader makes sense, but I don't see the point of putting Maglor in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Cirdan being the High Elves faction leader makes sense, but I don't see the point of putting Maglor in the game.
    I agree i think Cirdan would be the last elf to leave middle earth and would therefore lead the high leves all the way

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Nice idea.And you want do everything alone???

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death
    Nice idea.And you want do everything alone???
    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded
    I could use some researchers, another scripter, and another coder if anyone is interested

Some things I will have to do all by myself because I don't know anyone else that can do them. I don't want to do everything myself, but I am pretty sure I will have to. I have received very little help with my other project until it was practically complete so I can't imagine this one turning out much different. Lucky for me I already did most of the work needed, so I mostly just need to tweak starting positions, armies, etc.
    Last edited by alreadyded; October 26, 2010 at 02:32 PM.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nice!

Looks cool, did you see the mod done for rome total war, fourth age? It has the Mouth of Sauron, as an advisor to a great grandson of aragorn (Elasser Telcontor), where he emerges under a new name, and a new movement, the new shadow.

Also, with out Sauron, it is frequently hinted at or implied that neither the easterlings/rhun, or the hardrim would be united to fight. so it might be a good idea to have more than one tribe for easterlings and for harad, more so easterlings as they frequently fought each other with out the dark lord's call, harad might have split from far harad (where the troll men live) and umbar.

Its sometimes implied with in names or lore or mods, that some creatures created hybrids, like elrond is known as the half elven, some threads for example listed half orcs as elite units for orcish factions. The battle for middle earth had goblin spider riders, dunno where that came from, but is that a logical unit at all?

Id think there would be a good chance, the high elves would be gone or almost all gone, rivendell would likely be abandoned by this time so maybe mithlond might be the only settlement left.

The other mod, has a sort of alliance with the remnants of OTMM with the new dunlending kingdom emerging at this time, so they recruited orc units.

I also liked how the lotr/rome mod used RR/RC like stats, and how FA had realistic recruitment and buildings, for example, the abdunabar faction (reunited kingdom rebels under the younger brother of the king, with the mouth of sauron as advisor, and controlling ithillian and mordor lands, could only recruit orc units outside the mordor lands when a orc outpost building was built. Only the lighter units could be recruited outside mordor, warg riders only in certain regions, and so on, if some factions conquered other faction lands they could nto recruit their native units or not all of them, depending on what culture they took the land from, and could recruit some of the lower units or units native to that land.

Its kind of star trek wishful thinking, lol, that all new lands any faction takes from another, would naturally have a large population of the conquerors people or creatures from which they could recruit. The LOTR tw mod for rome takes care of some of those issues, by making it so anytime you take a land and are of vastly different cultures, basically a orcish or dwarve or elf or human, the city is razed down to 400 pop. LOTR also has removed or adjusted lots of stats and bonuses to make the units behave more realistically in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Looks cool, did you see the mod done for rome total war, fourth age? It has the Mouth of Sauron, as an advisor to a great grandson of aragorn (Elasser Telcontor), where he emerges under a new name, and a new movement, the new shadow.

Also, with out Sauron, it is frequently hinted at or implied that neither the easterlings/rhun, or the hardrim would be united to fight. so it might be a good idea to have more than one tribe for easterlings and for harad, more so easterlings as they frequently fought each other with out the dark lord's call, harad might have split from far harad (where the troll men live) and umbar.

Its sometimes implied with in names or lore or mods, that some creatures created hybrids, like elrond is known as the half elven, some threads for example listed half orcs as elite units for orcish factions. The battle for middle earth had goblin spider riders, dunno where that came from, but is that a logical unit at all?

Id think there would be a good chance, the high elves would be gone or almost all gone, rivendell would likely be abandoned by this time so maybe mithlond might be the only settlement left.

The other mod, has a sort of alliance with the remnants of OTMM with the new dunlending kingdom emerging at this time, so they recruited orc units.

I also liked how the lotr/rome mod used RR/RC like stats, and how FA had realistic recruitment and buildings, for example, the abdunabar faction (reunited kingdom rebels under the younger brother of the king, with the mouth of sauron as advisor, and controlling ithillian and mordor lands, could only recruit orc units outside the mordor lands when a orc outpost building was built. Only the lighter units could be recruited outside mordor, warg riders only in certain regions, and so on, if some factions conquered other faction lands they could nto recruit their native units or not all of them, depending on what culture they took the land from, and could recruit some of the lower units or units native to that land.

Its kind of star trek wishful thinking, lol, that all new lands any faction takes from another, would naturally have a large population of the conquerors people or creatures from which they could recruit. The LOTR tw mod for rome takes care of some of those issues, by making it so anytime you take a land and are of vastly different cultures, basically a orcish or dwarve or elf or human, the city is razed down to 400 pop. LOTR also has removed or adjusted lots of stats and bonuses to make the units behave more realistically in combat.
    This campaign will begin shortly after the Fourth Age begins, long before some of this stuff would happen. So while certain factions will be at a disadvantage, the only faction that is actually completely gone from Middle-Earth is Mordor. Though they gave all the land to a bunch of slaves, so I may do something with that.

No Goblin Spider Riders, spiders eat goblins.

get rid of imladris as i think all of elronds people went with him over the sea or went to the havens, make the shire its own faction and protectorie of the RK because i rmmeber reading in appendices that no mn was alowed to go there under command of aragorn dwarves should slowley hav a population declne same with teh elven factions, gondor should stretch all the way to umbar and be allied with harad and rhun as aragorn made peace with them, the area around lake nurnen sould have a faction as aragorn gave that to the salves of mordor, i dont think lorien is there anymore as galadriel past over the sea but i might be rong, dol guldur and all thoese mordor settlements should be there, wild men of dunland shouldnt appose rohan as they swore an oath never to past the river in arms again, and i thats all i got so far

Quote Originally Posted by gittany View Post
    get rid of imladris as i think all of elronds people went with him over the sea or went to the havens, make the shire its own faction and protectorie of the RK because i rmmeber reading in appendices that no mn was alowed to go there under command of aragorn dwarves should slowley hav a population declne same with teh elven factions, gondor should stretch all the way to umbar and be allied with harad and rhun as aragorn made peace with them, the area around lake nurnen sould have a faction as aragorn gave that to the salves of mordor, i dont think lorien is there anymore as galadriel past over the sea but i might be rong, dol guldur and all thoese mordor settlements should be there, wild men of dunland shouldnt appose rohan as they swore an oath never to past the river in arms again, and i thats all i got so far
    This sounds good according to the movies, but practically it sounds dull.
    As you say there are two factions left to fight, namely OOTM and OOG and i dont think that sounds fun at all, i would use a weak harad and rhun, which represent the tribes which still want to fight, and will slowly conquer the close rebel settlements. I also think that the remaning mordor orcs could flee to mirkwood and establish a stronghold there

OOG and OOMM shud be there and maby split harad up into various warring tribes? same with rhun and have the variags constantly raid rk territorys in the north maby instead of dunland have a revolt happen with a cult or somthing ? dun;lands to dull they do the same thing every time maby also in the grey mountains is where the remnants of the mordor orcs fled and swelled the numbers of the orcs there?, umbar should be constantly raided by enimies of RK maby a few suruving black numeronians establish petty kingdons in harad, im still goin with maglor coming back and totally pwning everything , high elves should have there small numbers but very elite troops but should be defensive uhmm dats all or now

mirkwood wouldbt fit as dolguldur got destroyed and its greenwood again and gthe silvan own all of it so they wudnt make it far

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Some points:
    - Lorien isn't 'lost' yet, only after several years (when Aragon had gone) it was completly uninhabited. This mod starts in the early years of the Fourth Age, not the late.
    - Only the Dunlendings that were captured swore that oath, their descendants and all others were free to do as pleases them.
    - '(...) but it is not recorded that he achieved this peace [with Rhûn and Harad] during his lifetime.' War is still an option. I'm also pretty sure Umbar wasn't reconqured yet, and there were no 'pure' Black Numenoreans left anyway, though perhaps some far-fetched descandants to the grandsons of Castamir are still living forth.
    - Imladris wasn't gone, it probably survived for a long time since Elrond's sons stayed (and Merry is noted as going there many times, I assume there were more left than just Elrohir and Elladan). But the Elves should have very small settlements (but well-developed) and very few units and very very few units available to be recruited, with very very very low replenishment. It should be like that in TATW already, actually.
    - Mirkwood is called Eryn Lasgalen (Green Leaves or something like that), and, as you say, inhabited by Silvan Elves again (from Lorién and the Northern part).

That's about it.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

well i was close enough

but i thought it was in the appendices of the return of the king where it says that aragorn made peace wit the peoples of the east and south after the war of the ring?

but i belive u more then my knowledge i tend to make things up and not notice i did

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast