Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 126287102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2355

Thread: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Default Re: The latest anti-liberal rant thread (get your daily dose here)

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Yeah, not sure how much support it has, but he didn't make that up:

A Long, Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity (University of California Press)

Reviews:

Which resulted in:
    So it is not a popular liberal idea after all. He was removed, not praised for his beliefs. The "liberals love pedophilia" smear is just extreme projection from the right.

Yeah. You.
    Sure. Now tell us all how Horst Wessel's death means you are entitled have another 1/6 attack.

As the liberal/leftist political establishment in the west lurches further and further left,
    Healthcare as a human right, not just a luxury of the mega-rich
    Daycare for working parents
    Affordable education
    Women’s rights to control their own bodies
    Gays getting married
    A living wage
    Voting regardless of skin color
    The rule of law applying to the mega-rich and corporations

These are the kinds of things the right calls extreme left.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    I suspect it’s similar to Biden denouncing Republicans as extremists because his party has nothing to run on in the midterms. I don’t know much about Italian politics, but anyone who is remotely in favor of reducing immigration and/or opposing the EU is going to be branded “far right” as a result, regardless of the actual views of the candidates.
    Not true. Communists and Leftwings are strongly Eurosceptic.
    You see, EU is pro-industry, not pro-Unions.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Of course. I was responding to the premise of your last post.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Stop saying Italian politician Meloni is Far right. She is not.
    Being against same-sex adoption in Italy (and most of Europe) is the majority opinion. A person is not far-right if she doesn't hold progressive views. Meloni is Rightwing, not Far-right. Berlusconi was to her right, I think. He was as conservative, more fiscally rightwing (very anti-union) and also more authoritarian (bullying newspapers etc and using his media empire etc).
    And Silvio was not Far-right either; he was rightwing.
    Support for same-sex adoption is the majority opinion in most European countries, including Italy (59% in favour and 36% against).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Meloni's party, the Brothers of Italy, is the successor of the Italian Social Movement, which was the major fascist party in Italy until the nineties. Meloni herself has made several positive comments about Mussolini and adopted symbols of the Republic of Salo. So, she kind of looks like a fascist, at least in her youth, also she hasn't disavowed her earlier statements yet.

Interesting. I have read that table wrong. Still, while it is a minority opinion, I wouldn't call it Far Right. Those statements do raise concerns but what she suggests doesn't seem to be far right. But the nazi-collaborator praising does rise some flags.

From what I see from those statements (to the extend they are true, some of the sources are suspect...) she is not to be trusted, has run with some very suspect (to put it mildly) clowns and has since trying to distance herself. Her past affiliations are bad and I can now see why many consider her far-right.
    Still, the positions themselves don't seem to be far right. It can be that she was opportunistically Far Right and then jumped to mainstream or that she is far right and opportunistically jumped to mainstream.

But yeah, she sounds like trouble. And while she herself is not far right, there are far-right elements in her own party and Forza Italia and other parties of her government.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 27, 2022 at 04:57 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I would call Miss Melloni far right:

Meloni has been accused of xenophobia,[100][101][102] as well as Islamophobia.[103][104] In August 2022, she reposted a pixelized video on Twitter that shows a woman being raped by an asylum seeker. The victim of the violence decried the publication of the video and she declared she was recognised by the video posted.[105] After receiving backlash, Meloni defended herself by accusing other politicians of not having condemned the rape itself.[106] She has criticized Italy's approach towards illegal immigrants,[107] endorsing the Great Replacement, a white nationalist conspiracy theory.[108] Meloni is opposed to the reception of non-European migrants and multiculturalism.[109][110] She believes in a planned mass migration from Africa to Europe for the purpose of replacing and eliminating Italians.[111][112][113] Meloni has been criticized due to her statements on vaccines and COVID-19, such as not vaccinating her daughter,[114][115][116] and claiming the probability of someone aged 0–19 dying from COVID-19 to be the same as being struck by lightning.[117][118]

In May 2020, she praised Giorgio Almirante, the co-founder of the Italian Social Movement (MSI),[134][135] who was a Nazi collaborator and editor-in-chief of the antisemitic and racist magazine La Difesa della Razza,[92][136] which published the "Manifesto of Race" in 1938.[137] In December 2020, the independent journalistic TV program Report revealed through an investigative report that her party "has reached the negative record of arrests for mafia group 'Ndrangheta",[138] and also having among her ranks Mussolini's descendants,[139] as well as fascist nostalgics,[140][141][142] according to a 2021 investigative report by Fanpage.it.[143][144] In November 2018, Meloni declared that the celebration of the Liberation Day, also known as the Anniversary of Italy's Liberation from Nazi-Fascism on 25 April, and Festa della Repubblica, which celebrates the birth of the Italian Republic on 2 June, should be substituted with the National Unity and Armed Forces Day on 4 November, which commemorates Italy's victory in World War I. She said that Liberation Day and Festa della Repubblica are "two controversial celebrations".[145] Meloni has tried to distance herself from her close ties to Roberto Jonghi Lavarini,[146] a far-right Milanese politician and entrepreneur known as the "Black Barron".[147][148][149]

Giorgia Meloni - Wikipedia

But perhaps i'm only a weirdo pink-haired progressive.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

I think they are being called far-right strictly by far-left, who use the old commie "dialectic" trick of presenting themselves as "centrist", when they are, in fact, not.
    Kinda similar to that lunatic talking point they use in America, that Bernie Sanders would be centrist in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I
    Kinda similar to that lunatic talking point they use in America, that Bernie Sanders would be centrist in Europe.
    That is indeed hilarious

If clown world were a headline

Spoiler for bad stuff

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I sure hope you recover from the fat lady playing the flute that you didn't even know existed until you read the article.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I sure hope you recover from the fat lady playing the flute that you didn't even know existed until you read the article.
    I think the right is just tired of liberals focusing on frivolous non-issues like hurricane relief and the war in Ukraine while completely ignoring the many important flute-related problems the nation faces. Thanks Biden.

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...nfo-to-russia/

Transexual officer betrays country. Color me surprised...
    People that think their gender is different than the set of genitals they have been born with very often have significant issues. Sure, sure, after pressure from the purple-haired SJWs USA pretends Gender Dysphoria is not a mental illness since a couple years ago. And sure, some SJW or another would say that not every transexual has gender dysphoria. Those are semantics.
    We're talking about a group of people that includes a LOT of troubled persons. Such troubled persons should not be given access to sensitive info.

Citizen

Are you suggesting that they did it because they were transgender?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Are you suggesting that they did it because they were transgender?
    Nope, as I clearly stated, I am suggesting the officer did it in part because of greed and in part because he is a person with mental issues. The part where trangenderism may have played a role in that decision is perhaps because the officer felt alienated or even ostracized by the army as an LGTB person.

Citizen

So that whole schpiel was basically just nothing then.

A.B.A.P.

So that whole schpiel was basically just nothing then.
    If you think so... personally, I think I was quite clear on why the military should very carefully consider whether to accept transgender persons or ban them again.

On other news:

https://rmx.news/germany/migrants-on...onstitutional/
    Anyone heard of that? It seems too stupid to be taken seriously. Hannover's mayor wants a third of the jobs to go to migrants for... ???
    What diversity has to do? The immigrants can apply like everyone else and if they have the qualifications, get the job. If not, then a German should take the position. Germany is a nation-state, not a nation of immigrants like the USA. It is a country that should look to the benefit of Germans first, not promote immigrants with less qualifications to meet quotas.

After student groups at a US university adopted a resolution to create Jew free zones , the university and the liberal establishment were quick to call it fake news, even while defending the move as free speech in the tradition of leftist doublespeak. I suppose once enlightened leftists across the country started banning white people from university “safe spaces,” it was only a matter of time before the other privileged, evil, elite minority found itself in the crosshairs of the modern day Cultural Revolution. After all, not all Jews are banned, just 91% of them. Stunning and brave. Inb4: Republicans are the real Nazis gais.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nine different law student groups at the University of California at Berkeley’s School of Law, my own alma mater, have begun this new academic year by amending bylaws to ensure that they will never invite any speakers that support Israel or Zionism. And these are not groups that represent only a small percentage of the student population. They include Women of Berkeley Law, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, Middle Eastern and North African Law Students Association, Law Students of African Descent and the Queer Caucus. Berkeley Law’s Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, a progressive Zionist, has observed that he himself would be banned under this standard, as would 90% of his Jewish students.

Berkeley law students are not the first to exclude Zionists. At the State University of New York at New Paltz, activists drove two sexual assault victims out of a survivor group for being Zionists. At the University of Southern California, they drove Jewish student government vice president Rose Ritch out of office, threatening to “impeach [her] Zionist a—.” At Tufts, they tried to oust student judiciary committee member Max Price from the student government judiciary committee because of his support for Israel.

[Berkeley Law Dean] misses the point when he insists that all clubs admit Jewish students as members. No one denies this. Nevertheless, an unmistakable signal is sent to those same students when they are told that they would be barred from appearing as invited speakers. This sends a clear signal: Jews are not welcome, unless they deny their support for Israel which, for many, is an integral element of Jewish identity.

https://jewishjournal.com/commentary...sh-free-zones/

Not inviting speakers that support Israel or Zionists means that they are creating Jew free zones now? You seem to be altering what terms mean to create a narrative there. Why? Does the idea of not inviting those speakers by itself not have enough merit for criticism?
    The Armenian Issue

Banning the vast majority of Jews means that they are creating Jew free zones
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Fixed.
    Vast majority of Jews are speakers at events? What a feat...
    The Armenian Issue