Page 161 of 165 FirstFirst ... 61111136151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I recommend to creat first a backup of the aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack before you do any changes. So in case something goes wrong you don't need to download it again.

No I guess not and it should only revert the vanilla factions flags back to Austria.

No text changes would have to be made in my UPC-EMP language mod here.

1. you can open it with the PFM too
    2. open the file \text\localisation.loc
    3. click on the "Tag" column to sort all alphabetically
    4. search for this entry: "factions_screen_name_austria" "Austria"
    5. you can change the faction name how you like it.
    6. click on File > Save as and give a new name like UPC_Modified.pack
    7. remove the original UPC_*.pack away from the data folder that only your UPC_Modified.pack gets loaded by the game

As there are no new reports related to the fixed recruitment options and if I see that next week no issues will be reported with the pre-version AUM-EMP 3.7, then I will release it soon.
    I changed both values to "factions_screen_name_holy_roman_empire" and "Holy Roman Empire" then saved the file and deleted the original UPC file but I can't get it to show up in game. I also changed factions_screen_name_adjective_ and tried adding the mod to user_script but nothing has changed. Hmm, I wonder what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    I changed both values to "factions_screen_name_holy_roman_empire" and "Holy Roman Empire" then saved the file and deleted the original UPC file but I can't get it to show up in game. I also changed factions_screen_name_adjective_ and tried adding the mod to user_script but nothing has changed. Hmm, I wonder what the problem is?
    No it is never needed to add the UPC-EMP language file to the custom user.empire_script.txt as it is a special mod-type which loads automatically if placed within the Empire data folder.Oh sorry probably I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. Please re-download the UPC-EMP language file again if you didn't made a backup before editing the file.

All vanilla "Tag" columns and their entries shouldn't be changed as otherwise the engine doesn't recognize anymore the entry in game.

So please leave the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_name_austria as it is and just change the entry "Austria" in the column "Localised String". Yes of course you can also change the related "Localised String" entry of the "Tag" column entry factions_screen_adjective_austria to your favour.

You can manually edit and change all entries in the "Localised String" column.

Hello UPC-EMP users,

I released a new version of the UPC-EMP.

- added several fixes of already included mods in all language versions
    - some adaptions to the four new additional supported languages which have been added in the last release
    - fixed some unit names related to the upcoming new update of AUM-EMP

UPC language files
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8f1...nguage%20files

Enjoy UPC-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Hello AUM-EMP players,

I released AUM-EMP 3.7.

AUM-EMP 3.7 is fully save game compatible and you don't need to start a new campaign. You can continue your campaign.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully save game compatible
    - adjusted and enhanced several unit-to-buildings assignments of the custom AUM-EMP and ORNAMENTUM units in the campaigns
    - adjusted the units limits of several custom units
    - optimized the general recruitment priorities of the AI
    - removed all custom and vanilla trading ships in the DARTHMOD version as it is intended for the DARTHMOD gameplay. All available warships have the trading ability in the DARTHMOD version.
    If you or the AI already built custom and/or vanilla trading ships, then these ships will be kept in your current save game. But they aren't anymore available if you start a new DARTHMOD campaign.

I updated the first post with new information. I added examples of the file user.empire_script.txt within the downloads for new players.

AUM-EMP on Mediafire
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v9a...7/AUM%20Empire

AUM-EMP on Moddb
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/#6289912

I updated also the UPC-EMP language file is mandatory to display the unit names and descriptions.

Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

UPC language files

Thanks a lot to Miguel_80 and RedOctaNe02 for testing.

Enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Great work Swiss Halberdier! It's an excellent unit pack.

Thank You for your improvement to this game!!

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I installed the vanilla version with I.D 6 edited user script,extracted english UPC and game crashes in startup.What did i do wrong?
    only aum does need a line in script doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    I installed the vanilla version with I.D 6 edited user script,extracted english UPC and game crashes in startup.What did i do wrong?
    only aum does need a line in script doesnt it?
    What do you mean with I.D. 6?
    If you mean AUM-EMP 3.6, then please download AUM-EMP 3.7.

Yes only AUM-EMP does need a line in the script file. The UPC-EMP loads automatically if you put it into the Empire data folder.

Installation instructions:

1. download AUM-EMP vanilla version and unpack the files to a folder

copy the file aum_emp_mod.pack (vanilla version) to your Empire data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

3. create or edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder: (there are example files included within the download)

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

You must save the script file in UNICODE.

Please put the AUM-EMP entry on top of the script file if you use other mods.

Add this line below if you play the VANILLA version:

mod aum_emp_mod.pack;

Crash of the game:

If your game crashes you could re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Empire > left-click on properties > then look for the Local files tab and click on Verify the integrity of the game cache

There you can re-check the integrity of your Empire files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Imperial destroyer 6 mod,used the AUM 3.7 VANILLA version along with english UPC
    Also tried to verify the files from steam,the same

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Imperial destroyer 6 mod,used the AUM 3.7 VANILLA version along with english UPC
    Also tried to verify the files from steam,the same
    I don't know the IS 6 mod and if AUM-EMP fully works with it. Try to add the AUM-EMP entry on top of all other entries from the IS 6 mod and check if the IS 6 mod has it's own UPC-type file too. As there should be only one UPC-type language file installed. Probably you could ask also on the IS 6 thread how they handle the script file order if a players uses other mods together with IS 6.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.2 updated

Hello,

I downloaded packs for vanilla, the optional graphical pack and UPC_English, all in data folder.
    I created a user.script folder and wrote the correct line for vanilla in with nothing else in it
    Game runs but mod has no effect (no additionnal units in both battle and campaign mode)
    I tried the Mitch's Mod Manager but it only shows Warhammer II (which I don't own) as an option under the "Game" tab

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.2 updated

Quote Originally Posted by LordEtheriel View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded packs for vanilla, the optional graphical pack and UPC_English, all in data folder.
    I created a user.script folder and wrote the correct line for vanilla in with nothing else in it
    Game runs but mod has no effect (no additionnal units in both battle and campaign mode)
    I tried the Mitch's Mod Manager but it only shows Warhammer II (which I don't own) as an option under the "Game" tab

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks
    I guess you did all the installation instructions below exactly step-by-step, as otherwise Empire would crash.

Just be sure to call the script file = user.empire_script.txt and save it in UNICODE format. Open the script file with the Windows Text Editor and choose File > save as > coding > UNICODE. Otherwise the Empire engine doesn't read the script file correctly.

The UPC-EMP and the optional graphics pack load automatically if installed into the data folder, so there is no need to add them to the script file.

Are there any other mods or re-texture packs installed?

If this doesn't help, please upload screenshots of your "data" folder, script file and if used Mod Manager.

Installation instructions:

1. download AUM-EMP vanilla version and unpack the files to a folder

copy the file aum_emp_mod.pack (vanilla version) to your Empire data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

3. create or edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder: (there are example files included within the download)

You must save the script file in UNICODE.

Please put the AUM-EMP entry on top of the script file if you use other mods.

Add this line below if you play the VANILLA version:

mod aum_emp_mod.pack;

Seems there is a bug with the Royal British Grenadiers Guard, their flag bearer seems to be stuck moving in the ground, only seeing his flag flapping about

Quote Originally Posted by Lufian View Post
    Seems there is a bug with the Royal British Grenadiers Guard, their flag bearer seems to be stuck moving in the ground, only seeing his flag flapping about
    Thanks for your feedback and I will look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufian View Post
    I found the error now and the standard bearer uses the wrong personality type. It uses the drummer personality behaviour, instead the correct standard bearer personality behaviour. I will fix this in my next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I found the error now and the standard bearer uses the wrong personality type. It uses the drummer personality behaviour, instead the correct standard bearer personality behaviour. I will fix this in my next update.
    Ahh okay mate, I look forward to seeing it

Hello AUM-EMP players,

I released a quick fix for AUM-EMP 3.7.

AUM-EMP 3.7 is fully save game compatible and you don't need to start a new campaign. You can continue your campaign.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully save game compatible
    - fixed the wrong standard bearer behaviour type of the Royal British Grenadier Guards

AUM-EMP on Mediafire
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v9a...7/AUM%20Empire

AUM-EMP on Moddb
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/#6289912

The UPC-EMP language file is mandatory to display the unit names and descriptions.

Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

UPC language files

Enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier