Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extended Cultures V Released

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Extended Cultures V Released

your rome total war folder
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

The one where the BI.exe is located?

Yes.

Thank you

Dear Suppanut,
    I have a problem that is indicated by a popup: "Error opening file for writing: ...\Rome - Total War\XC5BaseContent11.7z. Then when I launch the game, it crashes to desktop. Do you have any idea of what is happening? I have no file within the indicated RTW folder named like the .7z.
    Happy New Year, and thank you for your support,
    FFJean

Current version of installer (1.1) is double packing file, I packed main content into XC5BaseContent11.7z first before I pack it inside installer to avoid 2 gb limit of NSIS installer. When install, it would first bring out that .7z file and then unzip it before patching files which it get from that .7z archive.

I think you may have problem you current have due to your download may end up get interrupted lead to your file is corrupted. I suggest you to download it again from alternative download link from from my googledrive if you take it from modDB (or from modDB if you take previous one from googledrive). And check if you still have the same problem or not.

Thank you. Is there supposed to be 2 downloads or have I misunderstood what you said?
    Because I do not see the .7z file. The main download (XC5_1.1) is indicated on both download sites as 993MB, far from 2GB.
    And when I look at the file I downloaded, it is indeed 993MB.
    Last edited by FFJean; January 02, 2021 at 07:05 AM.

Because I do not see the .7z file. The main download (XC5_1.1) is indicated on both download sites as 993MB, far from 2GB.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    @FFJean..you have misunderstood what Suppanut has said, his native language is not English although good it's easy to conceive misunderstandings will happen, the installer incorporates everything, just download and install, if it is interrupted there will be corruption, simply try again without interruption, the problem is down to your internet speed & bandwidth it's nothing to do with the download.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 02, 2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Dear Saul, dear Suppanut,
    Sorry, my native language is not English either . So thank you for both for your explanations, I have reinstalled a version coming from the mirror. And it works .
    I have just tried a Baktrian campaign, but it seems Baktria is too poor (and/or the 3 towns apart from Baktra not enough under control) to be played, as it directly starts in red with almost no interesting unit. Is there a way to quickly change the 3 cities to "Western civilised" which seem to be the normal Baktrian alignment?
    It is surprising that starting cities are not of the faction culture.
    Thank you again for your help,
    FFJean
    PS: I'll start to dig into recommendations on XC5 tonight anyway

Baktria is start as greek colony in the middle of eastern and barbarian land. First true conversion is the hardest as you get +5% conversion to dominant culture of each of your neighbour region (which most of your neighbours are either eastern or barbarian). And XC5 is quite guarantee that your neighbours are not few. You could boost conversion by building tree such as Didaskalionas well as Ecclesia and build higher level of greek colony. If you don't know what to build, Do right click on building option and read those description throughly for clue. And if you still end up have problem of not enough conversion strength to change the tide, train diplomat and using general units station in the region, they could be stay anywhere in region and they would still generate conversion power for you up to level of their traits which could give conversion (generally around +5% to your faction culture but could be more if they have trait that give additional bonus).

If you are not in hurry to convert you could just endured it for a while until you ready, there is no big negative to your income for have cultural difference from faction. So don't waste your resource on it until you ready as you would want your conversion stable not by flipflop to suffer from huge unrest during conversion process.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 02, 2021 at 10:13 AM.

dear Suppanut, please help alot ctds playing as massalia

Please give example of which point of time that cause you to get ctd when play massalia. Give me savegame is possible.

Congrats on the release of the mod! I'm really enjoying my campaign as Macedon! I do have a question to ask. How come some of the machimoi look Nubian? I thought they were made up of native Egyptians

There are machimoi of both native egyptian and native nubians as they were originally organization system left from time of Egyptian New Kingdoms (before Persian Empire) and nubian adopt this system during time they ruled Egypt (which they did during time of Assyrian war with Judaea), due to I have some faction play role as Meroe in Caesar Campaign, if you not play as Ptolemaic, some machimoi may look like Nubians.

Great mod!
    Are there more updates to come or did it reach it's final state?

There would be more update but I am currently busy with thesis.

Hello Suppanut! Could you share any approximate date for the new update? My Seleucid campaign is nearing to an end, so I'm trying to understand if it makes sense to wait for an update (especially the trait system) before starting a new campaign with some other faction.

Extended Cultures V version 1.2 is released today! you could found it here

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-...#downloadsform

And here is alternative download location

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rio...ew?usp=sharing

What new in version 1.2
    - Improve settlement view, new buildings added, some building you build would appear in settlement more than it used to in vanilla.
    - Pathfinding of barbarian town and large town are improved.
    - New Installation option, now mod support memory edit loader.exe by International Man of Mystery for CD version.
    - Historical battle of Pydna and Ilipa are included (but not yet included introduction speech)
    - Bug fixing
    - Stability optimization
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 19, 2021 at 05:43 AM.

Oh, wow, this is amazing, thank you, Suppanut! Just installed. Noticed a couple of things:
    1) In The Die is Cast campaign I set unit scale to 200 in settings, but when actually playing the game, the unit size is 60 maximum for any faction. In the main campaign everything works fine and 200 in settings means huge unit size
    2) After quitting the game it shows the following mistake:
    Generic error: Building load failed as id 'hinterland_culture_thrace' not recongnized...

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Extended Cultures V version 1.2 is released today! you could found it here

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-...#downloadsform

And here is alternative download location

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rio...ew?usp=sharing

What new in version 1.2
    - Improve settlement view, new buildings added, some building you build would appear in settlement more than it used to in vanilla.
    - Pathfinding of barbarian town and large town are improved.
    - New Installation option, now mod support memory edit loader.exe by International Man of Mystery for CD version.
    - Historical battle of Pydna and Ilipa are included (but not yet included introduction speech)
    - Bug fixing
    - Stability optimization

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast