Page 3 of 364 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

The retraining issue might be due to experience bonus or weapon upgrade (if you have swordsmith guild there) available. There is a well known, never fixed, M2TW problem with experience bonus often not applying if there is a battle in a time between clicking the recruit and end of turn, or if training the unit takes more than one turn.
    Last edited by Sar1n; December 13, 2013 at 04:02 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

A few pages back someone noted that the Osgiliath ferry was broken.
    I had some issues with it myself, playing as Isengard, when Mordor controlled both sides of the river.

It seems that the ferry only has a very limited movement allowance. Basically it could only move from the middle of the river to either the East or West bank in a turn. This meant that you could move it close to the side where your army was waiting to board, you could then load the army, but it had no more movement to cross the river to the opposite bank. At the end of your turn, the troops were automatically off loaded on the same bank and the ferry disappeared while the other player's turns were processed.

It seemed to be broken/hopeless.

Then I realized that it was possible to move the ferry to the bank, load armies onto the ship, then immediately offload onto the center of the Osgiliath bridge (which is adjacent to the ferry spot).
    In the next turn, you can move the ferry to the far bank, load your troops from the bridge onto the ferry, then offload immediately onto the far bank.
    Cumbersome, but workable.
    I've never used it before, so I can't be sure, but I have a feeling this is not the way it was intended to work.
    Am I right?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Benson View Post
    Hello, Im reading a lot and looking forward to the new patch!
    I didnt read about, so I should name it. Playing as gondor (no problems at all with crashes or so!) I always have the option to "reinforce" troops that are already at their maximum. 152 soldiers and no armorupgrade availabel but I can pay 400 gold or so to reinforce.
    I allways send Denethor to west/east-Osgiliath to reinforce troops there. I wantet to push one pikeman or so from 138 to 152 soldiers i should have payed over 300 gold??? thats the half of "bying" a complet new unit.
    And a question. Will have patch 6.2 the new map of firefreak 2.0? I cant help myself, but I completeli dont like it from what i can see on the pictures. It looks so toy-like. But that are only my 50cent send from south of Berlin
    Rohan is comletely out of the game. They do nothing!!! looks like AI is missing.
    The cost of retraining a unit is based on the number of men missing from the maximum size of the unit.
    If the unit is also eligible for a weapons, armour or experience upgrade then the full price for that upgrade will have to be paid regardless of the size of the unit.
    As stated above, there is a known bug in the M2TW engine that sometimes prevents units from upgrading on the first or sometimes even following attempts to upgrade the unit.
    The best way to increase the chances for success is to order the retraining and upgrading of the units as the last action of your turn. This error applies to vanilla TATW as well as any mods based on the M2TW engine, AFAIK.

MOS v1.6.2 uses the DaC map v1.5.1.
    There were ommissions in the campaign AI in MOS v1.6.1. These have been fixed and improvements added.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurak View Post
    A few pages back someone noted that the Osgiliath ferry was broken.
    The ferry was working as designed before implementing the new custom settlements and new DaC map.
    Basically you loaded your stack on the ferry, selected the units in the ferry and then moved them to the opposite side, all within the same turn.
    IIRC, it still works until West Osgiliath is upgraded to a new level, causing the strat model to expand in size.
    I have coded a fix and will test it in my new campaign starting this weekend.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 13, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

I cant start camping. Crashes to windows. Please help

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Question why did the team decide to go with 1 dwarve faction rather than 2? I have seen 2 in other mods just curious

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Question why did the team decide to go with 1 dwarve faction rather than 2? I have seen 2 in other mods just curious
    MOS rather chose to stay with TATW, it was other mods that decided to go with 2 instead of 1

The argument has been the following;
    While people requested a Ered Luin faction in vanilla and about every mods hehe I have and still strongly argue against it. Why?
    From lore perspective they [the Broadbeams and Firebeards] as far as we are informed had the same king as the Longbeards since the last 3300 years, when the kingdoms in the Blue mountains were destroyed. Neither kingdom of these are mentioned nor any king.
    After the end of the First Age the power and wealth of Khazad-dûm was much increased; for it was enriched by many people and much lore and craft when the ancient cities of Nogrod and Belegost in the Blue Mountains were ruined at the breaking of Thangorodrim.
    - Appendix A

ca 40
    Many dwarves leaving their old cities in Ered Luin go to Moria and swell its numbers.- Appendix B
    After Moria fell we are never told they left their Longbeard regents and some Longbeard kings straight foreward lived in Ered Luin, the last was Thorin whom we soon meet in The Hobbit, IMO pointing at that the three houses of the West lived togehter just as Noldor, Sindar, Nandor and Silvans did in Lindon; it applies for Lórien as well.
    An argument against it is the seven hoards of the seven things referred to been the Dwarven hoards, but that's the only suggestion the Ered Luin-houses would have a king of their own anywhere any longer. However that might be simply a myth, so we will stick to a single Dwarven faction.
    It is said that the foundation of each of the Seven Hoards of the Dwarf-kings of old was a golden ring;- Of the Rings of Power and the Third AgeBut are not evil by nature, and few ever served the Enemy of free will, whatever the tales of Men alleged. For Men of old lusted after their wealth and the work of their hands, and there has been enmity between the races.
    - Appendix F
    And from a gameplay perspective as the fragmented geographical situation makes for a more interesting, different and challenging campaigns compaired to regulair geographically connected factions.
    The so far only reasonable argument for a Dwarven split (more factions for the sake of more factions is not a heavy argument in itself) so far has been the corruption question, but to create a new faction in the honestly quite sleepy NW corner of the map to avoid corruption seems a bit far going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunios View Post
    I cant start camping. Crashes to windows. Please help
    Test to run teh Cleaner in teh Third_Age_3-folder and start the game again

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank you and well stated. ^^ :

I love this mod a lot and I'm asking questions just for curiosity.
    so for the mod team

1.have you ever considered having a campaign starts earlier prior to the battle of the 5 armies?
    2. Will the upcoming patch make the fellowship campaign playable?
    3. Having dwarve units ride ponies and boars?

Thanks guys and great job
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

I love this mod a lot and I'm asking questions just for curiosity.
    so for the mod team

1.have you ever considered having a campaign starts earlier prior to the battle of the 5 armies?
    2. Will the upcoming patch make the fellowship campaign playable?
    3. Having dwarve units ride ponies and boars?

Thanks guys and great job
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No.

Just speaking for myself on these issues, if HotW deems otherwise then he may change this.
    Thank you for your support and feedback. :

What cheats are usable for this mod?

The usual M2 ones

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I tried using the vindaloo code it did not wok

Presumably because there's no Elephant Rocketeers in the TATW's EDU, and MOS have certainly not added it.

So, OK: all normal, senisble cheats. Use your wits, and otherwise you'll find out by trial and error.

Great thanks let me ask this if i wanted to add a unit of Mumakil to a general how would I do so?

and finally what files do I edit to have the Guards of the Orthanc also be available for Dunland for personal use?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 13, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

hi guys.. 1st ly, great work.. your mod has lost me many countless hours of my life.. this is a great thing in a weird sort of way.........
    you guys have released some tremendous work, you honestly put the professionals to shame!!!!!!

as I eagerly await the next instalment of your mod,I have found some bugs..

I don't know if these have been reported, but the battle situation of cair andros is proper broken... playing as gondor, morder attacks this settlement and just waits outside without storming the castle. even when walls have been destroyed with catapults, this really needs addressing...
    also several battle map tiles outside f rivendale are broken,,you get deployed in mountains and are unable to move or deploy.

Civis

Thanks for the help earlier ElvenKind! Also just wanted to throw an idea I had out there. Im personally not a modder so I have no idea how to do this, but it would be cool if maybe it was added in the next patch for MOS. I noticed as I was playing as Eriador and Mordor, that the 2 General Bodyguard units for those factions are ridiculously Overpowered. I used Gandalf and his 23 bodyguards to take out 3 units of snaga stalkers ad 2 units of goblinband (SPEAR UNITS!!!) I would definitely agree that Heavy Dunedain Cavalry and Black Numenorian Nazgul bodyguards would be powerful, but what makes them OP is that they replenish automatically! I would like to see something that would make it so you can only retrain bodyguards at your capital and it would cost a lot so that way, people will stop using them as the main frontal assault.

Great thanks let me ask this if i wanted to add a unit of Mumakil to a general how would I do so?

and finally what files do I edit to have the Guards of the Orthanc also be available for Dunland for personal use?
    Open the console window.
    create_unit <general or settlement name> Mumakil 1 0 0 0
    If the general or settlement name is more than one work you will have to enclose the name in quotes. Ex: "Umbar"
    The four numbers represent (in order, left to right) number of units (max 5), experience level (max 9), amour level (max ?), weapon level
    I am going from memory so the numbers may be off a bit. Also a general must be outside of a settlement, IIRC.
    There are good tutorials in the modding forum.

To add the Guards you will need to edit the battle model database file, the export_descr_units file, the export_descr_buildings file and finally make sure that the unit and unit info cards are in the correct folder for the Dunland culture.

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    I don't know if these have been reported, but the battle situation of cair andros is proper broken... playing as gondor, morder attacks this settlement and just waits outside without storming the castle. even when walls have been destroyed with catapults, this really needs addressing...
    also several battle map tiles outside f rivendale are broken,,you get deployed in mountains and are unable to move or deploy.
    Thank you for your comments and feedback. :
    Cair Andros has been a problem for a long time and not even leo.civil.uefs could get a new settlement to work properly.
    In the latest versions of the mods that I have seen, this settlement has been reverted back to the original TATW settlement.
    Unless someone can figure out a solution to either the terrain, path finding or settlement, problems will probably always remain.
    I have not tested MOS v1.6.2 with the updated settlements and map yet in this battle, so maybe some of the issues have been resolved or at least improved.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    I noticed as I was playing as Eriador and Mordor, that the 2 General Bodyguard units for those factions are ridiculously Overpowered. I used Gandalf and his 23 bodyguards to take out 3 units of snaga stalkers ad 2 units of goblinband (SPEAR UNITS!!!) I would definitely agree that Heavy Dunedain Cavalry and Black Numenorian Nazgul bodyguards would be powerful, but what makes them OP is that they replenish automatically! I would like to see something that would make it so you can only retrain bodyguards at your capital and it would cost a lot so that way, people will stop using them as the main frontal assault.
    Eriador really needs good bodyguard units to compensate for the poor quality of its initial troops.
    It would be easy to change the Eriador starting generals bodyguard by editing the descr_strat file and replacing the Mounted Dunedain BG with Mounted Dunedain.
    Since the new bodyguard units do not have the general_unit attribute, they should not automatically replenish and would require moving to a settlement capable of recruiting this type of unit for replacements.
    A check of the campaign_script file would have to be made as well for any generals that may be spawned as well.
    A similar process could be followed for Mordor, simply replace the bodyguard unit specified for the character with any other unit that does not have a general_unit attribute in the export_descr_unit file.
    I can not remember ATM how to set the default BG unit for a faction for those new generals which are adopted or come of age.
    Make a backup of any files you may change first and experiment.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 13, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

@stylix after countless battles at cair Andros, if u remove your troops from the section of wall directly right of gates, (where mordor always seem to approach with ladders) they will full on charge up said ladders with multiple units.. it seems the small wall will not allow several units on it at once. also routing units seem to play a big part, in the path finding issue, as they just run from left to right, without actually leaving the map causing approaching units to get confused. and they also seem to get stuck by the walls.
    anyway, great mod.
    keep up the great work

Game crashed when I attempted to give Eriador Dol Guldur as a gift

Game crashed when I attempted to give Eriador Dol Guldur as a gift
    By any chance were you playing as Rohan?
    Spoiler for MOS v1.6.2 change log
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.

Fix may apply to other factions as well.

If not would you please attach a save game before the crash and I will try it with both versions and see if it has been fixed or if I need to edit the code further.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 13, 2013 at 08:49 PM.