Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 - Bug reports

Default Re: TROM2 - Bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Remove trom2_enable_campaigns_01.pack and trom2_patch_1_91.pack. Thse are earlier version files and obsolete.
    Completed and starts great. I am getting the CTD when attempting to recruit in Stuttgart. The campaign runs great, other than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Download and install the hotfix for the campaign from the release thread. This is a know bug.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Tried to fight the same ing battle three times and every single time I get a damn CTD. Turned down my graphics, unchecked the extras pack (smoke mod rapes performance. Anyway you can dl them seperately?) and I still CTDd. WTF? Vanilla still crashed, but not on this magnitude.

Edit- Managed to finish the battle. Subsequent ones still CTD'd though. Also, I declared war on Denmark as Sweden. Denmark's allies Mecklenburg and France joined them. All of a sudden, after taking Denmark, my allies (Prussia, Russia, and Great Britain) ing declared war on ME!!! What da ???? Is that supposed to happen? I've now fought off the same siege of Copenhagen five goddamn times now and it's really not fun.
    Last edited by Soviet; March 28, 2011 at 06:42 AM.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I am playing the Napolean European (French) Campaign and after taking Baden-Wurt region I keep getting a really annoying CTD anytime I click on the city in that region. I have to park my general outside the city and have recruited units move to him because it will crash if I try to go into the city itself to recruit anything. Same CTD when trying to build anything in that city as well.

I am playing with the latest TROM2 as of a week ago.
    Any plans to fix this soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I am playing the Napolean European (French) Campaign and after taking Baden-Wurt region I keep getting a really annoying CTD anytime I click on the city in that region. I have to park my general outside the city and have recruited units move to him because it will crash if I try to go into the city itself to recruit anything. Same CTD when trying to build anything in that city as well.

I am playing with the latest TROM2 as of a week ago.
    Any plans to fix this soon?
    I will check that out. I thought it was fixed...

Oh ok, maybe I got the version before the hotfix on the 25th. I think I downloaded the file before you posted the hotfix to it so I will try to download and install again.

Is the hotfix save game compatible or do i have to start all over again?

Oh ok, maybe I got the version before the hotfix on the 25th. I think I downloaded the file before you posted the hotfix to it so I will try to download and install again.

Is the hotfix save game compatible or do i have to start all over again?
    The error was in one of the esf files, so onyl anew campaign will correct that.

Also, I declared war on Denmark as Sweden. Denmark's allies Mecklenburg and France joined them. All of a sudden, after taking Denmark, my allies (Prussia, Russia, and Great Britain) ing declared war on ME!!! What da ???? Is that supposed to happen? I've now fought off the same siege of Copenhagen five goddamn times now and it's really not fun.
    Is this just supposed to happen then??

Dependent on the difficulty you are playing the AI will gang up on you. That's a "feature" of vanilla NTW and not caused by the mod.

I don't have the hotfix yet because I am trying to complete my French campaign without having to start all over. Now I got a CTD when fighting Mecklinberg around Hannover. Is that a fix in the patch you have already made or is it something new? The situation where the CTD occurred is that I have 2 stacks made up of Hessen, Westphalian, and Hannover troops (none French) and they were attacked by a single stack of all Mecklin troops. When I join battle with them the game crashes every time.

I hope it is something you fixed with the patch but I really don't want to lose my campaign because of this.

Is Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod compatible with TROM2?

I don't have the hotfix yet because I am trying to complete my French campaign without having to start all over. Now I got a CTD when fighting Mecklinberg around Hannover. Is that a fix in the patch you have already made or is it something new? The situation where the CTD occurred is that I have 2 stacks made up of Hessen, Westphalian, and Hannover troops (none French) and they were attacked by a single stack of all Mecklin troops. When I join battle with them the game crashes every time.

I hope it is something you fixed with the patch but I really don't want to lose my campaign because of this.
    I think there was an issue with one Westphalian unit. But I don't remember exactly. You could download the latest version and try the savegame with it. Just make a backup of the old version just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Is Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod compatible with TROM2?
    No. The mod has similar units anyway.

Is there a way to take out the enhanced battlefield smoke mod from the extras pack? It's really raping my performance, and I think it may something to do with every single battle I play CTDing at least three times before I can actually finish it.

Also, I have the unit sizes increased. As Sweden, I can have 400-man infantry units and 180-man cavalry units and the Danes have the same sizes as well as any enemy I fight. But starting a campaign with Great Britain and France (I'm assuming other factions have this problem too), I can only recruit infantry units of 50 men, 23 men in cavs, 6 in artillery, etc. What gives? Is Sweden's campaign only possible to have increased unit sizes?
    Last edited by Soviet; April 03, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    I think there was an issue with one Westphalian unit.

westphalian AI-only unit is recruitable by me in france 1805 campaign.. ..

Can I use this with TROM2?
    it changes builduings hitpoints
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372758

NVM .. I will try it anyway

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

I wonder why in Paris's Drill I can see that 6 units can be recruited with second chevron, but in recruitment panel only 4 have second chevron (Chasseurs, Voltigeurs, Ch. a Cheval, Grenadiers).
    The "missing" units are 6lber and Fusiliers (one chevron version recruitable).

Campaign 1812.
    V. 2.31

PS: There's also no picture of Mehmud II in campaign of 1812 (Turkish Sultan).

New candidates for Turkish ministers have square portraits instead oval.
    Last edited by Hanti; April 06, 2011 at 02:13 AM.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Sweden and the Ottomans are missing their kings portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    I wonder why in Paris's Drill I can see that 6 units can be recruited with second chevron, but in recruitment panel only 4 have second chevron (Chasseurs, Voltigeurs, Ch. a Cheval, Grenadiers).
    The "missing" units are 6lber and Fusiliers (one chevron version recruitable).

Campaign 1812.
    V. 2.31

PS: There's also no picture of Mehmud II in campaign of 1812 (Turkish Sultan).

New candidates for Turkish ministers have square portraits instead oval.
    If there are several buildings with the same unit the game chooses the unit with the least chevrons for recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    Sweden and the Ottomans are missing their kings portraits
    You are right. I hade them in my directory only but not in the pack. Will get fixed.

EDIT: Added a small fix to the main release thread. Get it there.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; April 16, 2011 at 04:52 AM.

My first battle in the 1802 campaign has CTD twice already after 15-20 minutes of fighting. Would you say this is caused by my computer not handling the graphics? Is it better to disable the extra smoke effects or tone down other graphic settings?

Absolutely fantastic mod by the way, excellent job. I'm in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chepperchops View Post
    My first battle in the 1802 campaign has CTD twice already after 15-20 minutes of fighting. Would you say this is caused by my computer not handling the graphics? Is it better to disable the extra smoke effects or tone down other graphic settings?

Absolutely fantastic mod by the way, excellent job. I'm in love with it.
    I don't know of any crash bug in battles, so it is most probably related to hardware or system resources. I would try with lower settings.

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    My games crash in some battles actutally in longest and crowded ones this happened in both campaigns and simply ruined my gameplay.I mean imagine you are making a important battle outnumbered on hard and you are winning then buum napoleon stopped working thats annoying yesterday I closed this game because of that today happened again !!!

Still I want to play this mod but I know that if I make another battle same things happen again this bug is simply wasting your great mod and has to be solved...

I am using lastest version of Trom on patched Napoleon Total War these errors happen while I am playing as Ottomans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Tried to fight the same ing battle three times and every single time I get a damn CTD. Turned down my graphics, unchecked the extras pack (smoke mod rapes performance. Anyway you can dl them seperately?) and I still CTDd. WTF? Vanilla still crashed, but not on this magnitude.
    You sure? I'd say I'm pretty much experiencing the same thing they are. I do agree it's most likely my computer not handling the graphics optimally. I'll tone them down a bit and keep the smoke mod on and report my results. Thing is, my game never crashed with vanilla, which is why I originally thought the new smoke effects or something in TROM2 was putting the squeeze on my computer.

Do you happen to know which setting is the most straining one or which would be the best to lower by any chance?

Cheers!