Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134184209224225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 4728

Thread: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Animations mod?

Custom Animation are extremely rare and usually form part of the larger pack in a mod. You will need to be proficient in implementing animations if you wish to add\replace an animation to start with.

There is a 'kick box' animation in the works in a mod but otherwise I am not aware of anything new.

Thank you very much Gigantus.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mod requests plz - Age of Empires/Age of Mythology (Ancient Civilizations)/Age of Fantasy Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Ancient - Europa Barbaorum II
    Fantasy\Mythology - Thera

I am sure there are more, check the descriptions here.
    I cant play thera but thanks for recommending europa barbororum and also it led me to find out someone is making a bronze age empires mod yay!

Also please tell me, is there a medieval 2 mod which makes medieval 2 like medieval 1? There is a lot i liked about that game (the artwork, the chess piece mechanics, the diplomacy ai)

I think i have gotten too used to m2 mechanics that it would be hard to re-adjust to shogun 1 med 1 or rome 1 again, so i just look for mods brought to this game like u said europa barborum
    Last edited by ArcadeGames; April 03, 2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: fixing something

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mod requests plz - Age of Empires/Age of Mythology (Ancient Civilizations)/Age of Fantasy Anime

Can't play Thera? Is it an issue of 'can't find kingdoms.exe' because you use Steam? If so check here.

Retro mods are extremely rare because it's actually more work in most aspects then creating new content. The exception would be from RTW to M2TW as visually there hardly was any change in the way it was implemented. A couple of game mechanics changed but that wasn't too difficult to adapt. M1 is a different kettle of fish unfortunately.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Re: Medieval II Mod Questions & Recommendations

@ArcadeGames: Well, there's some Medieval 1 stuff in this Italian mod called Bellum Crucis. The final version is translated, however, a comprehensive submod exists that requires you to play partially in Italian. Download and install 1) the main mod, 2) the submod and 3) the partial translation. You can also get a better AI to make the campaign more enjoyable. Be warned the mod isn't the most stable one, though, so don't forget to save regularly.

I'm feeling like playing M2TW again.. I can't get into these newer ones.. Which mod should try, has there been any news in the last few years? I remember Broken Crescent being very good

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    I'm feeling like playing M2TW again.. I can't get into these newer ones.. Which mod should try, has there been any news in the last few years? I remember Broken Crescent being very good
    I keep on updating my advice that is in this post.
    If you fancy, there's a new version of the SSHIP (097) in gestation. Just PM me.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

That's a great post, JoC. It deserves a bit more prominence, I think, if you intend of continuing updating it for the foreseeable future? Let me know.

+rep in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    That's a great post, JoC. It deserves a bit more prominence, I think, if you intend of continuing updating it for the foreseeable future? Let me know.

+rep in the meantime.
    I do. But recently I do rather modding, not playing...
    Actually, I think that the three reviews of the mods (SSHIP, BC, WotN) are more insightful.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It may be worth linking the thread in the OP (only a mod could do this of course), since it's obviously an informed and useful opinion and would be more likely to get seen there than mixed between pages and hoping that there's been a 'bump' from these latest posts.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

^I'll do you one better. You are now the OP, JoC.

If you want to start using the OP to update your thoughts, feel free. Don't feel obligated to keep your post updated, but it's a great resource and therefore it should be easy for you and everyone, to find. At the very least, it's a recognition of a great post.

Jurand of Cracow,
    You are the main man I look to for advice on mods as your comments are always well-thought out and in depth. So thanks for that. But I wonder why still no mention of Bulat Steel. The latest version is totally in English and even has it's own forum here at TWC, though still surprisingly not a very active forum. It certainly rocks however over at it's Russian website home. Also, the Russian Mods New Teuton (based on Deus Lo Vult) and Italian Wars 1493-1599 have been out and updated continuously for quite some time, and they also look fantastic. Personally, I have all three of those installed as well as Styluga (a Bulat Steel submod) and Fleur de Lis (still unfinished), and raid all of these mods for unit models for my own 6.4 with BGRV, which is still my favorite mod because of its extreme difficulty and challenge. Of course, these later mods mentioned above are all unfortunately in Russian only, so I have not tried any of them other than custom battle to view the often incredible unit models. Still, I wonder about your thoughts on the latest version of Bulat Steel. Have you given it a go yet, and if not, then why not? Perhaps you are just too busy with modding to play new mods at the moment. Still, I would love to hear you opinion as obviously it is quite a huge project with plenty of innovations and some gorgeous new unit models, and best of all, as I've already mentioned, it's fully playable in the English language now.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; April 23, 2020 at 04:53 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default the best playable mods

hello, I usually play MTII or kingdoms without any mod, but I ask my self which are the best mods for playing as better you can
    the more realistic or the mods which improve the game as better It can
    If I play only kingdoms, I watch that at the beginning you have too many units and castles develops so much, (I prefer begin smally) but you can play in britain islands....

I have dowload stainless steel, it improve the units, flags, images and compensate the different kind of units

Is it necessary any other mod/patch for improve MTWII as much as it can?

retrofit is necesary? or any other which complement stainless?

Default Re: the best playable mods

Retrofit is a great mod to have including GUAM submod or Ultimite Retrofit including the hotfix. The other mod would be totalvanillab mod is a great mod to have if you want to have more settlements, regions, units, and factions.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: the best playable mods

Well, retrofit and Stainless Steel can't be run on top of each other, they'll be separate mods. As for improvement, it's very much up to what you define as improvement.

I recommend you take a look at the various hosted mods here and see if anything piques your interest
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Hi to all.

I guess it has been asked here many times already but the Forum grew quite big and it's not an easy task to find things now.

I'm looking for a good big stable mod in Pike & Shot era (late medieval - early modern) with all cool things of that time period: arquebuses, rondache swordsmen and Spanish tercios, reiters and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagris View Post
    Hi to all.

I guess it has been asked here many times already but the Forum grew quite big and it's not an easy task to find things now.

I'm looking for a good big stable mod in Pike & Shot era (late medieval - early modern) with all cool things of that time period: arquebuses, rondache swordsmen and Spanish tercios, reiters and so on.

Thanks in advance.
    DIK.

Thank you very much. Which version should I download and try, TIW Ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagris View Post
    Thank you very much. Which version should I download and try, TIW Ultimate?
    yep