Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (39 new regions, 31 new factions)

1.) SHIBATA KATSUIE B. 1522 Katsutoyo heir, Iwasaki castle in Nisshi. Aichi Prefecture Great Oda retainer. 2.) HACHISUKA MASAKATSU b. 1526 Iemasa heir, controlled water transportation on the Kiso river. Useful to both the Saito and Oda but still remained independent. 3.) LI NAOMORI b. 1506 Naochika heir b. also 1506? and father. held Lidani-jo. In 1506 Naomori died in battle at Okehazama trying to protect his lord Imagawa. 4.) ASAHINA YASUYOSHI died 1557, heir Yasutomo b. 1538 lords of Kakegawa castle in Totomi; chief retainers of the Imagawa. 5.) UDONO NAGAMOCHI b. 1513, heir Nagateru B. 1533 and Nagateru's heir Ujinaga b. 1549 Mikawa Imagawa retainers. Kamino-jo. ------------------ SUWA can have Uehara castle on Mt. Kompira.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    The amount of cities clustered north of Takeda is crazy I was shocked when I first saw it. Needless to say, AI Takeda steamrolled that area with ease.

Is it possible to turn some of those little islands into playable land with the same method you've been doing? Or will you need to edit the supertexture and some other tricky files?

AND IS THAT A CHINA I SEE?!?!
    Not sure why Takeda is able to conquer it's neighbours so easily; I may need to increase their starting garrisons. I tried to reduce the movement of units on the campaign map so that factions couldn't conquer everywhere so quickly but I couldn't get it to work.

The problem with some of the little islands is that TWS2 won't accept a region if it's too small (I got an error message for everywhere except Goto and Tsushima). Unsure if TWS2 will accept small regions if they have a settlement. Another problem is that after disembarking an enemy army can easily siege their settlement, which leaves this faction with few ways to defend themselves against sudden invasions.

I'm guessing that you're referring to Korea, which is part of my Imjin mod. However adding it properly will require editing the supertexture and heigh map.
    Last edited by uanime5; September 03, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

For the smaller islands (like Tanegashima) would it be possible to add it if you put the castle town on one island and the farm, port, and/or town on another island nearby. I ask because I see two islands down there

Takeda area should be a lot of fun now with the added areas-- Uanime5 would you wanna do anything with Echigo? there's a lot of room to add 3 provinces...I mean they'd all be Uesugi vassals but we can try? Also, I have all the banners minus about 25 assorted clans--- Samurai archives is pretty good... ill have to try and pin some mons on certain clans like The Ochi...they descend from Mononobe so maybe we could do things like that for clans we cant find info on.

Does this work with radious Mods ?

Looked the map over a bit more thoroughly and its gonna be fun. Good luck trying to get a foothold in Mutsu now, and Shimosa area is clustered-- I attached a few more to show how things could would should be and see If you could do. No one ever includes the Koga and since we included everyone else I thought maybe? and in Owari how they should more or less look, actually you could even trim Hachisuka (the arm that sticks out) and give it back to make Oda bigger (Shibata can be a vassal though).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KOGA ASHIKAGA.PNG   SHIBATA.PNG  

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Several minor suggestions for campaign modification files:

- Every game I played with your mod, Tokugawa and Oda were wiped out within couple of first turns. Have you considered adding alliance or vassalship between Tokugawa and Oda (instead of Imagawa), similar to this modification? This is not entirely historical for the start but helps to reproduce historical development in the area quite nicely. As well as to save these two major clans for later Sengoku period when they played their tremendous role in history.
    - Seriously increased size of the garrisons would make longer turns per year campaigns even more enjoyable and interesting combined with complex map. Only one small request from DarthMod fun: in this case please make compatible version.
    - May be to increase the length of campaign until 1620s? 1623 as historical final date (resignation of Tokugawa Hidetada, heir of Ieyasu)?
    - Increasing of technologies research time x4 (or may be x6) is a must I think for the 12 turns per year. Economy (towns income growth per turn) and building construction time perhaps also should be fixed somewhat as it would make the later game quite boring in other case.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; September 06, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

Btw, have been Shima and Awa provinces already mentioned as possible addition to Ise and Chiba original regions?
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; September 06, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    Btw, have been Shima and Awa provinces already mentioned as possible addition to Ise and Chiba original regions?
    Awa is in mountains so not enough room and Shima would need a road but there's a little lip at the bottom of Ise ---

Alright last little part of Echigo: 1.)Kawanakajima to TAKANASHI Masayori b. 1508 and heir Hidemasa b. 1528. 2.) NUMATA Akiyasu built Numata castle in 1532. Numata, Gunma Pref. 3.) Uesugi vassal HONJO Saneyori b. 1511 and heir Shigenaga b. 1539 Tochio castle. 4.) NAOE Masatsuna b. 1509, holds Yoita castle for the Uesugi. 5.) YURA Narishige in Nitta Kaneyama-jo castle. 6.) NAGAO Masanaga b. 1527 holds the Ashikagashi Yakata. That is really all I got-- I only took the last two because that's the Ashikaga and Nitta home residences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ECHIGO.PNG  

One more question for Uanime5 as the great modder who made this brilliant map and campaign possible to play. Is it possible to add new religions into campaign? Or this is not worth the efforts?

I mean it would be really nice to add Shinto into the game "splitting" Shinto-Buddhism, so all three major Japanese confessions of Sengoku era would be in (Shinto, Buddhism and Christianity) that could spicy the things a bit with proper diversity between the clans. Additionally this could be very useful for your Imjin project where you could implement additional Confucianism as one of the Korean beliefs.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; September 07, 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Stincky I've finally finished adding in all the new regions. Later this week I plan to try to make the new esf files so I'll be able to see what it looks like in game. As I now have about 44 new regions and 58 new factions I'd recommend that you take a break from researching so I can try and finish the next version of this mod.

- Every game I played with your mod, Tokugawa and Oda were wiped out within couple of first turns. Have you considered adding alliance or vassalship between Tokugawa and Oda (instead of Imagawa), similar to this modification? This is not entirely historical for the start but helps to reproduce historical development in the area quite nicely. As well as to save these two major clans for later Sengoku period when they played their tremendous role in history.
    The main reason why I haven't implemented this is that it would cause huge problems for someone who wants to play as Tokugawa because they'd have to give half their income to Oda, even though for their first mission they have to attack an army lead by Oda. So this change will only work if no one want s to play as Tokugawa.

- Seriously increased size of the garrisons would make longer turns per year campaigns even more enjoyable and interesting combined with complex map. Only one small request from DarthMod fun: in this case please make compatible version.
    Increasing the garrisons isn't that difficult, however it's almost impossible to make my mod compatible with another mod. The only way I could make this mod compatible with another mod is to delete the parts that conflict with my mod, then merge what's left into my mod. It would be easier to ask the modder to add my mod to their mod.

- May be to increase the length of campaign until 1620s? 1623 as historical final date (resignation of Tokugawa Hidetada, heir of Ieyasu)?
    As Japan had been united by 1600 there's no reason to make it last longer. Also at 12 turns per year in a campaign that lasts 55 years the player has 660 turns to complete the game, rather than the 220 in the vanilla version.

- Increasing of technologies research time x4 (or may be x6) is a must I think for the 12 turns per year. Economy (towns income growth per turn) and building construction time perhaps also should be fixed somewhat as it would make the later game quite boring in other case.
    I could do this but it would make this mod even less compatible with other mods. Basically the more DB files I change the more likely this mod is to conflict with other mods.

One more question for Uanime5 as the great modder who made this brilliant map and campaign possible to play. Is it possible to add new religions into campaign? Or this is not worth the efforts?

I mean it would be really nice to add Shinto into the game "splitting" Shinto-Buddhism, so all three major Japanese confessions of Sengoku era would be in (Shinto, Buddhism and Christianity) that could spicy the things a bit with proper diversity between the clans. Additionally this could be very useful for your Imjin project where you could implement additional Confucianism as one of the Korean beliefs.
    The problem with splitting Shinto-Buddhism into two religions is that you get huge levels of unrest if your faction is a different religion to the majority of the settlement. So if I made a settlement 50% Shinto, 50% Buddhist, and gave it to a Buddhist faction the player would have huge levels of unrest until they converted the settlement to 100% Buddhism. I'd also have to make new Shinto buildings and agents so that the Shinto factions could convert the region to their religion. As conflict between Shintoists and Buddhists wasn't a major part of the Sengoku Jidai there's no real reason to add it.

Though I do plan to give Korea a different religion in Imjin simply to make it more difficult to conquer.
    Last edited by uanime5; September 09, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    The main reason why I haven't implemented this is that it would cause huge problems for someone who wants to play as Tokugawa because they'd have to give half their income to Oda, even though for their first mission they have to attack an army lead by Oda. So this change will only work if no one want s to play as Tokugawa.
    Then perhaps a simple alliance?

I remember I played with some of such fixes that made Tokugawa Oda's vassal and it was not a big deal for the player really (you just lost 1 daimyo honour breaking vassalship).

Increasing the garrisons isn't that difficult, however it's almost impossible to make my mod compatible with another mod. The only way I could make this mod compatible with another mod is to delete the parts that conflict with my mod, then merge what's left into my mod. It would be easier to ask the modder to add my mod to their mod.

I could do this but it would make this mod even less compatible with other mods. Basically the more DB files I change the more likely this mod is to conflict with other mods.
    May be as a separate addon then? At last with version compatible with darthmod. 12 turns are great on such fantastic map, but without such general fixes the campaign would look a bit fragmented.

The problem with splitting Shinto-Buddhism into two religions is that you get huge levels of unrest if your faction is a different religion to the majority of the settlement. So if I made a settlement 50% Shinto, 50% Buddhist, and gave it to a Buddhist faction the player would have huge levels of unrest until they converted the settlement to 100% Buddhism. I'd also have to make new Shinto buildings and agents so that the Shinto factions could convert the region to their religion. As conflict between Shintoists and Buddhists wasn't a major part of the Sengoku Jidai there's no real reason to add it.

Though I do plan to give Korea a different religion in Imjin simply to make it more difficult to conquer.
    I agree with you. I just have no idea at what extent this part related to religious affairs could be moded in game. Is it possible to make both Shinto and Buddhism "complementary" to each other (without causing too much unrest etc)? In general this is not a conflict but more an intellectual competition between elites (including various daimyos sponsoring various thinkers and sects) with mainstream syncretic Buddhism absorbing traditional Shinto and some marginal thinkers trying to formalize a more puristic Shinto doctrine during Sengoku and Edo periods.

Well, but in case if this is really hard to implement there is no reason to do this of course.

Sounds good--- cant wait to try this out! I also found the mons for all new clans so when you need them lemme know and ill get you the zip-

I've attached some screenshots of the new map. They don't have the correct roads, borders, or factions yet but do show where some of the new settlements will be.

Also Stincky can you upload the new mons. I'll start making the faction symbols as soon as I can.

Then perhaps a simple alliance?

I remember I played with some of such fixes that made Tokugawa Oda's vassal and it was not a big deal for the player really (you just lost 1 daimyo honour breaking vassalship).
    An alliance will still have the same problems. As long as the missions Tokugawa has involve attacking Oda making them vassals or allies of Oda will make it harder to play as this faction.

May be as a separate addon then? At last with version compatible with darthmod. 12 turns are great on such fantastic map, but without such general fixes the campaign would look a bit fragmented.
    While I can make an add-on that increased how long construction and research takes it won't be compatible with Darth Mod. As I stated before these mods will only be compatible if someone tries to merge them together.

Don't forget that Darth Mod was configured to work with the vanilla map. As my map has 2.5 times the number of regions and double the number of factions, in many cases putting many factions very close together, my mod will need to be rebalanced differently. That's why I recommended getting the modder who's experienced in rebalancing TWS2 to add my mod to their mod.

I agree with you. I just have no idea at what extent this part related to religious affairs could be moded in game. Is it possible to make both Shinto and Buddhism "complementary" to each other (without causing too much unrest etc)? In general this is not a conflict but more an intellectual competition between elites (including various daimyos sponsoring various thinkers and sects) with mainstream syncretic Buddhism absorbing traditional Shinto and some marginal thinkers trying to formalize a more puristic Shinto doctrine during Sengoku and Edo periods.

Well, but in case if this is really hard to implement there is no reason to do this of course.
    In Total War games religion is never complementary, mainly because they only add religions when they want it to create a conflict that will make the game harder (though sometimes they call the religions "cultures", such as in TWR2). So I can't add new religions without them causing religious unrest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-09-10_00001.jpg   2013-09-10_00003.jpg   2013-09-10_00004.jpg   2013-09-10_00006.jpg   2013-09-10_00008.jpg  

2013-09-10_00011.jpg   2013-09-10_00014.jpg   2013-09-10_00015.jpg   2013-09-10_00017.jpg   2013-09-10_00018.jpg  

Uanime- i got these off harumiya and the rest are on sam wiki archives...family crests-- should be all but if you have any you need ill take care of it---
    Attached Files Attached Files

About the Hatakeyamas kamons - Nihonmatsu and Noto Hatakeyamas are same simple circle with 2 horz. lines inside...Kawachi is the different one--- Ido is family with Tsutsui so same mon.

I just got this game today. Is this mod compatible with Darthmod?

Never mind i just found the answer and it isn't compatible with this mod.
    Last edited by wozzar; September 12, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

Doesn't work for me, I start up a fresh campaign and it is still vanilla.
    Also it took me about 30 retries to download it off of steam workshop as it kept failing. Downloaded it in less than a minute on the mirror but it failed to register through steam.

And it is the first and only mod I've installed.