Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: Reform requirements

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, it's after turn number 248, which is 210BC:

Code:
    if     I_LocalFaction f_rome                        ;;; fall-back automatic reforms for player-controlled Rome
                and I_TurnNumber > 248
                and I_EventCounter ecCamillanEra = 1
                set_event_counter ecCamillanEra 0
                set_event_counter ecPolybianEra 1
                historic_event HE_POLYBIAN_REFORM { f_rome, }
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
    My mistake Quintus. I got my BC and turns confused. I got the reform on TURN 251 , I didn't move my FL into Rome until that turn and that when they fired. So your Fl might have to be in your capital. The new units need so many turns to be replenished, which varies from city to city(infra structure?) as I have to wait 5 turns in rome to recruit them but 20 turn wait to recruit my first Triari in Capua. The campaign has been one of my most enjoyable yet by the way(2.06 H/M).

Hmm, the faction leader location isn't part of the script. Odd that you got them on 251. There IS a part of the script that is supposed to increase their availability in Rome one-time to tide you over from the transition. Apparently it merely moved them closer rather than made a whole unit available from the start?

Is the Nabatu empire reform implemented?

I'm at turn 200 and I've captured the greek polis's and built the markets and nothing's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmaster View Post

I'm at turn 200 and I've captured the greek polis's and built the markets and nothing's changed.
    Yes, but it's extremely exacting. You need to have:
    -Had 40 turns pass since you triggered the Settled event
    -Have three settlements with a polis_one or bigger in them with an Admin government
    -Have three market_four's or bigger - each one of those requires a large city
    -Have 10+ settlements
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Did you already get the Settled event by converting Petra into a city?
    Has it been at least 40 turns since the Settled event?
    Do you have 10 or more settlements?
    You need Nabatean Administration (no other variant, this exact building name) in three cities or more with a Minor Hel Pol/ Hel Pol/ or Hel Metro.
    What 'markets' did you build? You need at least 3 cities with "Great Forum" or higher. That's pretty high. Trader -> Market -> Forum -> Great Forum

Yes, but it's extremely exacting. You need to have:
    -Had 40 turns pass since you triggered the Settled event
    -Have three settlements with a polis_one or bigger in them with an Admin government
    -Have three market_four's or bigger - each one of those requires a large city
    -Have 10+ settlements
    I hadn't put the right government in the cities with a polis. I now have and Empire!

Thanks for the help!

I hadn't put the right government in the cities with a polis. I now have and Empire!

Thanks for the help!
    You're welcome Enjoy your empire! Build Native Colony buildings to help raise your Eastern Imperial culture and get useful units.
    Except in towns that have a Hellenic Polis or Hellenic Metropolis. In those, you can't build the native colonies. It seems the best combination is a Minor Hellenic Polis, since it qualifies you for the Philhellenic Satrapy without disqualifying you from building Native Colonies. Unfortunately unless you blitz early, many neighboring buildings will already be past the Minor Hellenic Polis stage.

I personally hate 'traps' like that where the only way to 'solve' a problem is to rely on the AI. e.g. if you're not a settling faction, sometimes you can just wait for the AI to settle camps before you take them, since otherwise you're stuck with them staying as camps.

In this case, you have to use spies to carefully monitor when Ptolemaoi and AS build Minor Hellenic Polises, and swoop in before they can upgrade them to full Polises. I wish you could still build Native Colony if you're not a faction that can make use of the Hellenic Polis chain, since the benefit of higher Hellenic Polis levels is colony points to build Hellenic Colonies, but your faction can't do that, so you're SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    You're welcome Enjoy your empire! Build Native Colony buildings to help raise your Eastern Imperial culture and get useful units.
    Except in towns that have a Hellenic Polis or Hellenic Metropolis. In those, you can't build the native colonies. It seems the best combination is a Minor Hellenic Polis, since it qualifies you for the Philhellenic Satrapy without disqualifying you from building Native Colonies. Unfortunately unless you blitz early, many neighboring buildings will already be past the Minor Hellenic Polis stage.

I personally hate 'traps' like that where the only way to 'solve' a problem is to rely on the AI. e.g. if you're not a settling faction, sometimes you can just wait for the AI to settle camps before you take them, since otherwise you're stuck with them staying as camps.

In this case, you have to use spies to carefully monitor when Ptolemaoi and AS build Minor Hellenic Polises, and swoop in before they can upgrade them to full Polises. I wish you could still build Native Colony if you're not a faction that can make use of the Hellenic Polis chain, since the benefit of higher Hellenic Polis levels is colony points to build Hellenic Colonies, but your faction can't do that, so you're SOL.
    You make a good point. We should look at this in the future.

As we are talking about the reforms I'd like to say that we have some additional units for the Nabataeans in this regards in the autumn release. The conditions will also be overhauled (they are just testing conditions at this moment) and more units will be added in future releases.

What happened to the KH reforms? The "archon" title no longer appears in the FM traits.

How do you upgrade Petra, or Tadmur as Nabataea? It's annoying to have it stuck as a camp.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    What happened to the KH reforms? The "archon" title no longer appears in the FM traits.
    You have to view an FM in the right place for it to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    How do you upgrade Petra, or Tadmur as Nabataea? It's annoying to have it stuck as a camp.
    You have to destroy the herd buildings and build farms instead.

Thanks, but how is anyone supposed to know this or figure it out without visiting the forum? I know this faction very well and I have no idea how to proceed!

We need to find eager members of our little EB community who have the time and who are willing to invest this time into making a concise overview of all these things. There are lots, looooots, of somewhat hidden features of EB2 where it would be really nice to have an overview. But we need to do it.

That being said, part of the fun of playing EB is, of course, also discovering things you didn't know about. So thats a positive thing about it.
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

You have to destroy the herd buildings and build farms instead.
    That works for Petra. Tadmur is a permanent camp, so don't destroy the herd building unless you feel like rebuilding it.

Some settlements are considered too remote or uninhabitable to every become proper cities. You can tell this based on whether you can even begin to build farmland. Regardless of how many herd buildings are developed, you can still build a "Dispersed Farming" in any camp that is flagged to convert into a city. If you can't build that, then it will never convert, so don't smash herd buildings, just to see if you can.

The farm buildings and the herd buildings are mutually exclusive. Higher levels of each chain block off higher levels of the other chain. Additionally, within the 'herd' chain there are two branches, the Livestock branch that offers no recruitment but more food growth, and the Warlord branch, which offers cavalry recruitment but less population growth and farm income. The descriptions of the farms and herd buildings should state their requirements. I know that the Mid-scale Farming building, for example, says that if you build it, you will block off access to the highest herd buildings. It also says you have to get nomadism down below 50% before you can build its successor, Large-scale farming.

Basically to convert you need:
    1. Ability to build Dispersed Farming, which is always always available once government is established. If not available, region is not allowed to convert
    2. No herd building besides the first level "Elite Herds" (which I always build first after I smash the herd buildings, since it's only 800 and 2 turns, and I can benefit from the pop growth until it disappears during the completed camp->city translation)
    3. Large-scale farming, which is the third level. If you have Dispersed or Mid-scale but can't see the option for Large-scale, then either you have a herd building above Elite herds you need to smash, OR you're lacking #4:
    4. Universal Pastoralism upgrade (2k population wall building). If you killed population with sacking or exterminating, or some died in a plague etc, you may have less than 2k, but as long as the UP building is built, you're fine. Otherwise, if you have to raise your population up to 2k for the first time, I recommend building the Livestock herds building even though you have to smash it to complete conversion. This will let you grow up to 2k faster than farming buildings. Then you smash, re-build the level 1 herd, then build your level 3 farm, then convert. During the 6 turns of building level 3 farm and 12 turns of converting, you benefit from the higher pop growth of the Elite Herds. Then it disappears as it has no equivalent when the conversion is complete. 18 turns of growth boosts is a good return on investment for only 800mnai and 2 turns.

Sorry to clutter that up with my protips as an unrepentant settler.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    Some traits were renamed, maybe you just haven't noticed them? The spartan one for example is : Ephoros tes Spartes

Can you not get new ones?

Civis

I don't know if it has already been pointed out, but it seems that regarding the KH reform, you can build the Congress even after losing one of the 3 metropolises required. In my current campaign, I had Athens, Korinth and Syracuse but I lost Korinth to Makedonia before I could build the Congress and the building option was still present after this. I know it's a detail, but it can still be useful.

Civis

@gosam

I could find these ones in y game :

Epohoros tes Spartes --> Sparte
    Nauarkhos tou Rhodou --> Rhodos
    Nesiarchos ton Nesioton --> it said that it's for the Kyklades Islands but it's my Spartan Family Leader who got it while he was stationed in Krete.
    For Athens, I don't remember because my Athenian Family Heir died in battle before I could write it down.

Civis

I can't edit my post yet so...

@gosam

Archon tou Demou --> Athens
    Nesiarchos ton Nesioton --> it said that it's for the Kyklades Islands but it's my Spartan Family Leader who got it while he was stationed in Krete.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    I don't know if it has already been pointed out, but it seems that regarding the KH reform, you can build the Congress even after losing one of the 3 metropolises required. In my current campaign, I had Athens, Korinth and Syracuse but I lost Korinth to Makedonia before I could build the Congress and the building option was still present after this. I know it's a detail, but it can still be useful.
    After the pain and suffering involved in getting the convoluted KH reform to work as it was supposed to at all, trust me when I say I'm not going to touch it ever again.

What's missing is a monitor that would switch the Congress trigger off again if the check found you didn't have three Metropolii. But for the complications it might cause, it's just not worth it. I do appreciate you pointing it out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    I can't edit my post yet so...

@gosam

Archon tou Demou --> Athens
    The first three are starting traits for the relevant FMs, the last one is acquired so it seems to me that it's working well.
    All the Archon traits are tied to an ethnicity (with the exception of the nesioton one), so you'll need the right FM to gain the new archonships.