Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

Default Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

How can El Cid become independet in the normal game. I want to play a hotseat campaign and take control of him. And I want to know how to do it..The images at page 27 are gone and I don't know how to do it..

Icon3 Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages

descr_names.txt

Hello.

I've fixed the Portuguese name list. The names were wrong and in many ways had too many characters to the portuguese language.
    I also used the Portuguese Monarch List on Wikipedia to get some new names to it, and my portuguese heritage also helped with it.

Hope everything is going fine in these quarantined times.
    Stay safe and well.

Edit: The names on the (grand) campaign are blank, so it probably need to change other files that I'm unaware of.
    Last edited by Mbrabant; March 25, 2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Update on the campaign map and how names show (or don't)

Hi Miguel80 and people

Hope this coronacrisis finds you all safe and well.

Just a couple of things I wanted to throw out there for everybody who enjoys this mod. After playing this mod for some years, I noticed that it looked poorer that some of the other mods around, but the Reconquista campaigns were so much fun. That is because there is no re texture or re skinning of units or anything like that, I believe this mod uses Vanilla units and textures. I found this mod lacking concerning that (it never stopped me from playing it and my intention is not to criticize, I love it )

Well, browsing around I found this mod :

https://www.moddb.com/games/medieval...ry-dirt-effect

and believe me...it will truly make your day. It is a mod meant for another mod, but it works perfectly fine with HMA latest version and it IS save game compatible. What it does, apart from removing dirt out of soldiers armor, is adding a better render, higher quality of the original texture for ALL UNITS on the battlefield. And also, it adds quality blood effects (you won't get that blurry brown smear from Vanilla that blurs the textures anymore)

I believe many people know this little mod and I believe it is used throughout grand mods out there like SS 6.4, Broken Crescent 2.4.2, etc. But I was trying to make this mod look better, just like it deserves to look, and then I found this and the results are fantastic. So I am sharing this with you all, just in case you didn't know.

Another thing I like to use is Stainless Steel portrait mod 4.0. Yeah it works with HMA, obviously since it is just a replacement of portraits. The only thing is that you have to do it manually: You need to download the 4.0, extract it, and replace manually the folders "portraits" inside every culture (eastern/northern/etc) in your HMA/DATA/UI. You have to do this for EVERY culture. BUT: shouthern european is the culture most used in HMA, and in SS Portrait Mod, southern european SHARES the folder with eastern, greek. You just copy that portrait folder inside eastern and paste it in HMA/DATA/UI/southern european.

And well, I also use GEMFx 1.09, of course I wouldn't be able to play M2tw at all if I didn't have it. I can confirm the standalone version download from Patreon works. Just make sure to NOT MOVE the Configurator outside the main M2tw folder (do not copy paste it, do not make shortcuts, just leave it be, everytime you use it you will go to the main M2tw and tweak things from there) and make sure first thing you do is to remove Blur effect, makes games crash. The rest everything works fine (I use it for Empire and Napoleon too, but it doesn't work with Shogun and I only could make it work once with Rome II, so)

Hope this couple of things helped everybody who likes to play HMA. And Miguel80, thanks a lot for your work and waiting for some update in the near future if that is possible!
    Last edited by HGRC; March 28, 2020 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HGRC View Post
    Hi Miguel80 and people

Hope this coronacrisis finds you all safe and well.

Just a couple of things I wanted to throw out there for everybody who enjoys this mod. After playing this mod for some years, I noticed that it looked poorer that some of the other mods around, but the Reconquista campaigns were so much fun. That is because there is no re texture or re skinning of units or anything like that, I believe this mod uses Vanilla units and textures. I found this mod lacking concerning that (it never stopped me from playing it and my intention is not to criticize, I love it )

Well, browsing around I found this mod :

https://www.moddb.com/games/medieval...ry-dirt-effect

and believe me...it will truly make your day. It is a mod meant for another mod, but it works perfectly fine with HMA latest version and it IS save game compatible. What it does, apart from removing dirt out of soldiers armor, is adding a better render, higher quality of the original texture for ALL UNITS on the battlefield. And also, it adds quality blood effects (you won't get that blurry brown smear from Vanilla that blurs the textures anymore)

I believe many people know this little mod and I believe it is used throughout grand mods out there like SS 6.4, Broken Crescent 2.4.2, etc. But I was trying to make this mod look better, just like it deserves to look, and then I found this and the results are fantastic. So I am sharing this with you all, just in case you didn't know.

Another thing I like to use is Stainless Steel portrait mod 4.0. Yeah it works with HMA, obviously since it is just a replacement of portraits. The only thing is that you have to do it manually: You need to download the 4.0, extract it, and replace manually the folders "portraits" inside every culture (eastern/northern/etc) in your HMA/DATA/UI. You have to do this for EVERY culture. BUT: shouthern european is the culture most used in HMA, and in SS Portrait Mod, southern european SHARES the folder with eastern, greek. You just copy that portrait folder inside eastern and paste it in HMA/DATA/UI/southern european.

And well, I also use GEMFx 1.09, of course I wouldn't be able to play M2tw at all if I didn't have. I can confirm the standalone version download from Patreon works. Just make sure to NOT MOVE the Configurator outside the main M2tw folder (do not copy paste it, do not make shortcuts, just leave it be, everytime you use it you will go to the main M2tw and tweak things from there) and make sure first thing you do is to remove Blur effect, makes games crash. The rest everything works fine (I use it for Empire and Napoleon too, but it doesn't work with Shogun and I only could make it work once with Rome II, so)

Hope this couple of things helped everybody who likes to play HMA. And Miguel80, thanks a lot for your work and waiting for some update in the near future if that is possible!
    I FORGOT. IF, using the overlays textures mod anyone gets a SOUND BUG that makes campaign map voices and other sounds disappear in HMA and/or other mods or even vanilla m2tw, you have to:

go to steam m2tw properties, language tab

change the language so it downloads the language pack that you prefer, then check, then download again the language pack that you prefer to play with. (My game is in spanish, but I prefer to play in english. So I had it in english: I downloaded again the spanish pack, checked that voices and sounds worked in spanish, went back to steam and downloaded the english pack again)

That solved the sound issue for me.

Hi Miguel,

I discovered your mod while researching historical mods for Med2.

I watched a couple of Youtube Lets Plays and I thought he mod very interesting.
    I downloaded he mod but it just does not work.

I use steam so I renamed the mod "teutonic", like I do with other mods but it says "Medieval 2 has encountered an error" message.

I then copied the medieval2.exe file and renamed kingdoms.exe and used the HAM.bat to launch the game, but still it does not work.

However, the log shows the following errors:
    As you can see it shows a fatal error regarding the animation database.

What do wou think is the porblemèsolution?
    I would like to try your mod as I like historical gameplay.

I have mods like EBII, SSHIP, 1648 Thirty years war, the Italian Wars and they work flawlessly...except yours.

I hope you read my message.
    Gracias.

00:25:11.010 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:25:11.010 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    00:25:11.010 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:25:11.010 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:25:11.010 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:25:11.026 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:25:11.026 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:25:11.026 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:25:11.041 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HMA/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    00:25:11.041 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/HMA/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    00:25:14.944 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    00:25:14.944 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    00:25:14.960 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    00:25:15.007 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    00:25:15.686 [system.io] [warning] open: data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS is missing
    00:25:15.686 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    00:25:15.686 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!
    00:25:16.340 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Maybe you installed it wrong... I for one never had any ctds when I played that mod but it has been... god I forgot how long it was but I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Maybe you installed it wrong... I for one never had any ctds when I played that mod but it has been... god I forgot how long it was but I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.
    I got it to work. I verified the integrity of my Med2 files in steam and it corrected some errors.

Question to Miguel:

- Would you consider adding native voices to the faction? (France and Toulouse speaking French, the Spanish + Portuguese speaking Spanish, the northern Africans speaking English with an Arabic accent (there is no Arabic language pack for Med2)?
    This adds a lot of immersion to the game.

It is done in the mod "The Italian wars'" and it works perfectly.

One more questions: are the Spanish and English the same, apart from the language of the game?

Gracias!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Hello Der Böse Wolf. I don't know what you have done or if you have modified files in the original M2TW folder. The voices of HMA mod are set correctly.

Code:
    accent English
        factions england

accent French
        factions france, normans

accent German
        factions 

accent Mediterranean
        factions milan, venice, sicily, papal_states, byzantium, spain, portugal, scotland, russia, poland, hungary, denmark, hre, saxons, slave

accent Arabic
        factions turks, moors, egypt, mongols, timurids, aztecs, omeya, toled, badaj, grana, merin, zirie

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i think he´s referering to the real languages patches released for france and spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    One more questions: are the Spanish and English the same, apart from the language of the game?
    Yes, the two versions are the same, only change the texts.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i think he´s referering to the real languages patches released for france and spain.
    Ah ok, in this mod it wouldn't make much sense, because in this period also were spoken Asturian, Leonese, Galician, Basque, Aragonese, Catalan, Occitan, etc...

Very easy to install. Other mod makers take note.

There should be a "Easiest Installation Mod" award too. That'll incentivise all these other modders

Thank you riskymonk. I'm glad you like it this metod.

Hello Miguel 80
    can add battleship guard for muslims thanks.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/21/64/93/2...f6a5daf13c.jpg

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

How many kilos does this equipment in your pic weight? Looks more like a battleship itself.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 15, 2020 at 08:38 AM.

he looks more like a cavalrymen. look at his shoe´s

Last edited by _Tartaros_; August 15, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I thought that spur was for himself - with such a burden he does need a prompt to go. So he just kicks himself in the ass and this spur is handy to feel it through the layers of protection (underwear, elegant red dress, golden-yellow padding, hauberk, and a solid coat - looks not only heavy, but also not much ventilated). Fortunately, he's got some drink on him to refresh in the heat of the battle.

The cavalry guy seems to be much more reasonably depicted but how the previous guy would seat on the horse? so many long cloths, he would need to seat as the dames do.

right, he would need a girly sadle, where can sit on the side, maybe to slide down into battle with his mace

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    @JXulo: Hello. With the Taifas I have not gone into many details, as they are minor factions. Anyway I'm not 3D modeler.
    perfectly understandable
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Regarding the script of the Almoravids, is for them to fulfill their invasion route; if not, they don't leave Africa and the campaign loses meaning and historical realism.

Spoiler for SAMPLE
    I appreciate your answer (really) but the question was "Is there a limit for the stack spam? Or it will keep going until the all faction is destroyed?" At the time i already defeated 3/4 waves of them and i was interested to know how much more waves will happen or if are they infinite until me, or them, get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by JXulo View Post
    I appreciate your answer (really) but the question was "Is there a limit for the stack spam? Or it will keep going until the all faction is destroyed?" At the time i already defeated 3/4 waves of them and i was interested to know how much more waves will happen or if are they infinite until me, or them, get killed.
    Ah, ok, sorry. In 1105 AD approx. the waves of armies via script are finished. The rest of troops that appears are created by the AI.

HI Miguel, I just tried to remove several settlements but when I do the game crashes.
    I've followed the followin steps:
    1 - map_regions: the color of the region needs to be completely removed plus it's black pixel (settlement) and white pixel (port, if present)
    2 - descr_regions: the region's entry needs to be completely removed
    3 - descr_strat - the settlement's entry needs to be completely removed
    4 - descr_win_descriptions - make sure the region is not listed
    5 - descr_mercenaries - make sure the region is not listed
    6 - descr_sounds_music_types - make sure the region is not listed
    7 - map.rwm - delete to generate a new file at game start
    8 - imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names - removal of settlement and region name is optional