Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Argh! Reinstalled Vista after my pc was almost dead, thought I saved my last saves but can't find 'em Now I'll just wait till 2.2 comes out and restart ALL OVERRRR again. So sick since I was in year 700...ARGHZ!

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Argh! Reinstalled Vista after my pc was almost dead, thought I saved my last saves but can't find 'em Now I'll just wait till 2.2 comes out and restart ALL OVERRRR again. So sick since I was in year 700...ARGHZ!
    sorry to hear that...its always frustrating loosing saves of games where one has put a lot of effort into building nice empires and infrastructures...
    I have 2 external USB HDs...one with 2TB and one with 300Mb...in the big one I store backup of entire game directorys (never have to reinstall or reactivate anything...just copy back to PC HD ) and the small one for daily stuff..
    strange though cause with a simple reinstall data is not destroyed...just when re-formatting the hard-drive

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    sorry to hear that...
    Yeah it's my own stupid fault I formatted the damn thing because of registry remains that might cause issues, wanted to have a clean install. I thought I saved them on a USB stick, but somehow I managed to not save them on a USB stick. Will work with image software now so that in the future I can just place it back without problems

BTW, some time ago I mentioned that not all legion ancillaries seemed to be correct, ie in spain I wasn't able to get the hispania ancillary. Is this correct or is it me?

BTW, some time ago I mentioned that not all legion ancillaries seemed to be correct, ie in spain I wasn't able to get the hispania ancillary. Is this correct or is it me?
    not sure right now as RL issues prevent me from doin anything on the mod

Have you changed the second rebellion requirements? I have 92 regions and still no rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    Have you changed the second rebellion requirements? I have 92 regions and still no rebellion.
    yes..its 95 +........

I was wondering, I really love the implementations you've made for FGE, did you speak to any of the devs as to maybe also some of these could be implemented for the other factions? (I'm particularly fond of the garrisson scrips, this one is really awesome and just stops bumrushing). After I reinstalled my pc I started a new seleucid campaign (which unfortunately is 0-turn) and it's not half as fun with the plannig/dedication to a single army as with the 1-turn. Second question, do you know if it's possible to make other campaign suited for 1-turn? I can guess it affects eco, but what do you think? Do you play other campaign in 1 turn (that you might've edited?) THnx as always!

I was wondering, I really love the implementations you've made for FGE, did you speak to any of the devs as to maybe also some of these could be implemented for the other factions? (I'm particularly fond of the garrisson scrips, this one is really awesome and just stops bumrushing). Second question, do you know if it's possible to make other campaign suited for 1-turn? I can guess it affects eco, but what do you think? Do you play other campaign in 1 turn (that you might've edited?) THnx as always!
    Every single campaign can be made 1 turn and have the same features (localized of course) like FGE...the thing is it took me about 300 hours developing time to put FGE together, this includes obviously all the learning, testing,try and error etc etc...now I would need a lot less time as I know what to do and I have all scripts tested and working but its still a considerable amount of work as all features have to be adjusted towards a specific faction..as well it would require a localization of each campaign and the relocation from more files from the main data file to the modfolder...all in all...very possible of course but a terrible amount of work...especially the garrison script featuring faction and area specific units was a nightmare as I coded all units by hand...after making a breakdown of all RSII units and consider each garrison for each faction and area...
    of course the editing of the export_descr_buildings was quite a bit of work too......not o metion all those counter attack armys...the script which takes money away the bigger the empire gets etc etc..a truckload of stuff got changed.....puuuuhhh...still remember my desperation when I was about to finish it...
    After I reinstalled my pc I started a new seleucid campaign (which unfortunately is 0-turn) and it's not half as fun with the plannig/dedication to a single army as with the 1-turn.
    I know what you mean...the 1 turn system with the FGE improovements in difficulty make a nearly perfect compromise between 0turn-stack-spam and 1 turn steamroller-boredom...
    I would have gone for a FGE like 1turn-concept for all RSII campaings from the beginning and would have omitted 0turn completely...just my own humble opinion...after all the FGE campaing feels so much more of a strategy game than RTW ever has been without loosing the tension and fun of real time battles and the danger of loosing an army and being unable to replaces it instantly...not to mention that the population monitors work properly now and that the AI citys grow quick and the AI has the money to throw stacks of silver chevrons against the player...so a war with 3 or 4 factions in the republican time can quickly result in an attrition war which the player can not win or by expanding to quick the empire bursts up like a bubble...
    Last edited by chris10; August 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

ok first of all i'm sorry if this question had already been answered but i looked in almost 20pages of posts to find my answer so now i'm just posting it here.
    my question: In your first post you explain the mod and talk about the loyalty... well i know in the normal Rome-campaigns it doesn't work... i started playing the FGE-mod and noticed it doesn't work either
    i mean i got generals with the trait "loyal" with no loyalty so is the loyalty removed from the mod???? Or did i not copypaste something right???

btw: AWESOME mod. The whole unit spamming in 0-turn is nice... but when you get the game, those campaigns get real easy real fast. Now i have to rethink every strategy i ever used. and as mentioned above... i'd absolutely love to play this type of campaign with other factions too.... but thank you for making this anyway... First time i tried i lost italy... I LOST... that never hapenned before...
    so thanks for reducing me from an (in my eyes) undefeated omnipotent warlord to an sniffling puny defender

Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    ok first of all i'm sorry if this question had already been answered but i looked in almost 20pages of posts to find my answer so now i'm just posting it here.
    my question: In your first post you explain the mod and talk about the loyalty... well i know in the normal Rome-campaigns it doesn't work... i started playing the FGE-mod and noticed it doesn't work either
    i mean i got generals with the trait "loyal" with no loyalty so is the loyalty removed from the mod???? Or did i not copypaste something right???
    All is in first page:

Loyalty
    PREVIEW
    FIVE GOOD EMPERORS 2.0
    Upcoming awesomeness !!!
    Build a 1_turn empire never has been more challenging.
    Successful high Star/Influence Triumph awarded Generals may strive for Power and joining the Rebels taking entire Legions with them when their loyalty runs low...so you have to watch your military leaders closely!!!

When ?
    After RSII patch 2.2
    Last edited by Demon Soul; August 16, 2011 at 03:50 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

btw: AWESOME mod. The whole unit spamming in 0-turn is nice... but when you get the game, those campaigns get real easy real fast. Now i have to rethink every strategy i ever used. and as mentioned above... i'd absolutely love to play this type of campaign with other factions too.... but thank you for making this anyway... First time i tried i lost italy... I LOST... that never hapenned before...
    so thanks for reducing me from an (in my eyes) undefeated omnipotent warlord to an sniffling puny defender
    glad you have fun...I know waht you mena with undeafeated warlord...that was always the biggest flaw of the RTW engine...it was designed to await for the player to stomp anything and everybody into the ground...being considerably more difficult to blitz in FGE I find it much more satisfying to create an empire now....loyalty is not part of the campaign right now. I planned adding it with RSII patch 2.2 when updating FGE to last version (when you look at the loyalty announcement it says: UPCOMING AWESOMNESS FGE 2.2 (current is 1.5) ...however..at the moment I have no time for modding as RL needs all my attention..maybe I have time to update the campaign during th winter but it only would be an additional polishing...I think FGE in its current condition is quite finished and satisfying even without loyalty,isnt it ?

I think FGE in its current condition is quite finished and satisfying even without loyalty,isnt it ?
    it sure is just given up 2 cities in macedon to focus on the back-stabbing greeks and North-Italy. Is it just me or is Carthage just waiting? I mean i block their ports but no landing in Sicily or Iberian conflict... yet. At the risk of getting another remark that it's clearly written somewhere. You removed the banners of the troops. For my own troops it doesn't matter you can see what's going on in their heads (morale)
    but for the opponents it's terrible... I mean ok it's more realistic. But damn i never can tell how many units i'm fighting.... Is there a way to turn it back up? but now that i'm typing it... it makes it more difficult what the point is of this mod... Sorry for the i'll learn to fight like this.

Thanx for making this submod. I read somewhere you put over 300hours in this... wel respect =D
    It completely removes the "let's take 5 cities in one turn"-strategy and makes you think again...

quick question: i was besieging a gaul city with 7 units in it, during the first turn i was besieging it an other gaul army flanked me so i played the battle myself and destroyed both armies. Then during the turn movement i can see i've entered the city but then i get a CTD. is this normal?? because the "extra units couldn't spawn"

before you asked i already played the battle twice, same CTD everytime

quick question: i was besieging a gaul city with 7 units in it, during the first turn i was besieging it an other gaul army flanked me so i played the battle myself and destroyed both armies. Then during the turn movement i can see i've entered the city but then i get a CTD. is this normal?? because the "extra units couldn't spawn"

before you asked i already played the battle twice, same CTD everytime
    yeah...the siege battle AI reinforcement ctd..old RTW bug never fixed...seems the engine gets confused with the number of units in these battles and when hitting end battle...boom...

remember...when besieging and the ai gets a reinforcemet army from eoher outside or inside the city its always ctd > always autoresolve these battles

yeah...the siege battle AI reinforcement ctd..old RTW bug never fixed...seems the engine gets confused with the number of units in these battles and when hitting end battle...boom...

remember...when besieging and the ai gets a reinforcemet army from eoher outside or inside the city its always ctd > always autoresolve these battles
    ok thx for quick answer. ok i guess i lost a legion then

Ok an update on my first campaign. I really underestimated the AI-difficulty. Also lost my touch with 1-turn recruitment system. i finally turned my economy around. I actually destroyed my barracks in italy in order to get money to invest everything in trade buildings. Lost Spain and trying to re-conquer now. Finally my faction leader is any good so =D

i wanted to enter an picture but can't figure out how??

Ok an update on my first campaign. I really underestimated the AI-difficulty. Also lost my touch with 1-turn recruitment system. i finally turned my economy around. I actually destroyed my barracks in italy in order to get money to invest everything in trade buildings. Lost Spain and trying to re-conquer now. Finally my faction leader is any good so =D

i wanted to enter an picture but can't figure out how??
    ...sounds like a truckload of fun...my guess is that it will not be your last attempt to survive the early republican period which is really hard if one does not find the right formula...
    yeah...1 turn needs more planning ahead, strategical and tactical decisions on equal level...
    I build the mod around H/H difficulty playing on huge units...

for pictures you have to upload them on a third party site like photobucket and then post them wth the provided {IMG}http/blablabla....{IMG} code...include the code in your post and TWC site will load te pics from there

1: ...sounds like a truckload of fun...my guess is that it will not be your last attempt to survive the early republican period which is really hard if one does not find the right formula...
    yeah...1 turn needs more planning ahead, strategical and tactical decisions on equal level...
    I build the mod around H/H difficulty playing on huge units...

2: for pictures you have to upload them on a third party site like photobucket and then post them wth the provided {IMG}http/blablabla....{IMG} code...include the code in your post and TWC site will load te pics from there
    1: true, i had a lot of setbacks... a lot! i even almost lost Sicily. But i won't give up, i don't want to lose (my pride gets in the way of that happening)! I am trying to follow all the tips and trickes provided by the forum but this is how the situation is at the moment.
    I am holding italy,massaslia, Emporiae, the city between the 2 previous ones, Numantia, Nova_carthago, the city between the 2 previous ones, alle the carthaginean cities in Nort-africa exept Tingi, Salonae and a city next to it.
    i've given op Dyrrachium pretty early to have more reinforcements and no war with macedon.
    up till 5turns ago it went pretty sweet: destroyed carthage, the Boii accepted a peace treaty at my eastern border, eastern border safe now with my allies dacia protecting me and next to a greek city wich are neutral and have to reason to expand there. At central borderd the Arveni are getting weak, i mean they send stack after stack granted but first they were all like heavy spearman and elite units now i even see some clubmen was thinking *revenge will be mine*! And i Finally dropkicked the Gaelleaci from that bridge in Emporiae using 3legions. Then i took Numantia, a Roman rebels stronghold, quick question about this. I took the city earlier but had to give it up to... wel a complete lach of funds so i destroyed every building there and left it. 5turns later the roman rebels start producing numbered legions there!!!! I mean ok the roman rebels should be powerfull but they shouldn't be able to recruit legions from the start from every city!!!

THEN the bandit event trigered! in half my areas is now an awesome bandit army, no problem i think, i'lll just send some troops from my fronts. the minute my armies arrives in carthage and mid-Italy. My ally dacia stabs me in the back, followed by an attack from the boii through the alps, followed by a landing of SPARTANS on Tarentum. While battling against the boii a macedonian army stood to close and was caught in the middle of it (was their faction heir and killed him) so war with macedon. Result i don't have any areas with a border to even a neutral faction.

Plan for future: Just keep defending on eastern border, got the opportunity to get numbered legions there so i'm happy. I'll just repel the Arveni, cause i now when i take gergovie there will be a counter-attack and i don't need extra stacks of enemies. And build up more legions to advance in Spain and Finally kill those anoying javelin throwing peasants!!!

2: i could just upload it from my computer now... there apeared extra options now in chat box. BUt got an "invalid file" reply. the photo is a Truevision TGA-picture. help would be

5turns later the roman rebels start producing numbered legions there!!!! I mean ok the roman rebels should be powerfull but they shouldn't be able to recruit legions from the start from every city!!!
    Roman Rebels recruit their Legions thru the Goverment Building (Palace). This is to avoid that they get stuck when players use scorched earth tactics by taking a city,destroying everything and abandon the city...jeje...watch the roman rebels...dont let them alone...do not abandon citys, they rebel to roman rebels

2: i could just upload it from my computer now... there apeared extra options now in chat box. BUt got an "invalid file" reply. the photo is a Truevision TGA-picture. help would be
    TWCenter does not allow for uploading big pictures and tga not at all...only thumbnails are uploaded but they are annoying as they take a lot of time to load sometimes when people wanna look at them
    you have to store the pics in a third party picture host site like "photobucket" (account for free)...

Use a free graphic program like Photofiltre Attachment 177695 (dl,unrar the rar and install. Its the best free picture tool on the market) to open the tga screenshots from RTW and save them as jpeg...upload them to photobucket and use the provided (IMG) code doin copypaste in your post and voila...its a bit of additional work but well worth the effort as you can upload big picture like this

like this
    Last edited by chris10; August 19, 2011 at 05:45 AM.

Use a free graphic program like Photofiltre Attachment 177695 (dl,unrar the rar and install. Its the best free picture tool on the market) to open the tga screenshots from RTW and save them as jpeg...upload them to photobucket and use the provided (IMG) code doin copypaste in your post and voila...its a bit of additional work but well worth the effort as you can upload big picture like this
    ok thanks i got it now ty for the program [/IMG]

btw loving the cat picture in your album
    Last edited by freakkriek; November 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM.