View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

No offense, those were just the things i picked up.
    Im currently looking through a lot of mods and most of them are so borderline unplayable that i grew quite sensitive to massive overhauls because too many of them just destroy more than they fix, mainly because the ai wasnt told how to handle the changes...
    If you can pull it off, ill be the first to play the out of that mod

Btw., have you thought about light non-winter attrition in enemy lands?
    It also struck me as strange as to why soldiers only desert and die of sickness when its cold...

I would be happy to be capable of massive overhauls but unfortunately im not good or patient as many others and i will try to touch the less is possibile . At the beginning ive said the 3 things that bug me the most while playing shogun ( that is still an EXCELLENT game even in the vanilla mode and the FOTS dlc is probably the best TW ever ).

If i do a mod its because i was unsatisfied by other mods too ( im not here to gain attention but just to help grognards like me ) by a matter of taste . So i try to TWEAK the game to my tastes and that mean to eradicate the need of CA to appease the generic gamer .

There were ninjas and nuns on the battlefield ? NO ..so i remove them
    There were plenty of assassinations of high ranked generals and Daimyos ?? NO ..so i removed that possibility
    There were many micro battles and a continue spamming of armies ?? NO ..si i did try to fix that
    There were navies able to strangle the economy of a rival power ?? NO ..so i did tweak that
    The Monks were uber soldiers in full manga mode ?? NO ..so i tried to normalize them a bit
    The battles were a fast affair of masses against masses ??? NO ...so i did try to make them more tactical

If i accomplish that i will release the mod and i will return playing happily .
    Last edited by Fra70; January 25, 2013 at 04:46 AM.

Good news ...after some debugging ( the startpos is always a nasty thing ) TOMORROW i should finish modding ... i just need to assemble models , make icons , check some datas and its over .
    Tomorrow i will start playtesting myself to avoid major/dumb/silly bugs and i will be ready to let you test it ( sunday night CET time ) .

Today ive inserted Vastator Unit Style mod into TRUE SAMURAI ...another step into realism ( and many thanks to Vastator ) ,
    Last edited by Fra70; January 25, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

All units should be autodisbanded when taking heavy losses. It's where the replenishments actually come from.
    This includes Samurai of course. The more the unit is elite, the slower the replenish rates but there should always be auto disbanding.

Basic concept: in war campaigns soldiers die and not just from battle wounds but also from sickness.

There are no historical references about the region specific troops but you should take the table I pmed you as standard so you can have historical armies with appropriate ratios shock/bulk.

Why autodisbandig ? that will transform Shogun 2 in a RTS ...you will stop caring your units and will give the idea that Samurai are just fast trained soldiers . It will be just a production race .
    At HArd or Very hard you would have to rebuild an army after every campaign , and then the bid for the shogunate will be only a matter of production and not to have the best troops . That is something i dont want .
    Replenish was of course very slow but cant be that slow for gameplay reasons ...otherwise will be better to disband them and build new units ( another thing that absolutely i dont want )

Campaigns in japan were very organized , the support men were by far more than combat troops , so mortality between the high ranks was very low ( i dont remember the story of a single Daimyo or Samurai dead for sickness during a campaign ) .Also winter campaign were very very rare . I think that attrition is good as its and only for lower ranks .

Lets show some new units

the LEVY ASHIGARU

is the first form of the basic ashigaru's troops ....little more than armed farmers they show very little skills and morale ..however they offer some bulk for the army and the naginata is a great defensive weapon that will allow them to last on the field ...some little time ...
    At the beginning it will be the only kind of Ashigaru melee troop you will have and they will be always recruitable in little towns .
    Last edited by Fra70; January 26, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

the NANBAN SAMURAI

Western style armours were never produced in great numbers in japan , but they had the skills to do so . Also Oda Nobunaga and Tokugaawa Ieyasu did wear them ( and they werent unwise leaders ... ) . So its very possibile that one Daimyo did want to produce them creating a unit of very armoured samurai but with slight less skills ( was surely more cumbersome ) ...The armoud did require less time to be produced but in small numbers

The Matchlock Garrison

Even the little Nagashino castle did have 300 Arquebusers ....so i think its realistic to allow a them ( but only starting with big castles ) to have a couple of units of arquebusers ...they dont have the skills of first line troops but they will be useful indeed

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I suggest raising the caps of ninja to say, 3 but removing their abilities to assassinate, sabotage and misdirect. I would leave their ability to spy as their only function.

Delete the geisha from the tech tree altogether. Soooo ahistorical.

How about 8 turns per year? Also, if you could figure out how to HALF armies movement allowance in the winter months. That would be a realistic way to inhibit winter campaigning.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; January 26, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Interesting suggestion ...i totally agree on the geisha

yes 8 turns x year are implemented

i dont know if there is a possibility in the datas to halve the movement for armies in the winter months ...i will search !! ( good idea btw )

the new ikko ikki look ...of course is extended to archers and matchlocks units

they have few strong points BUT they are many and with good morale

the Nagae Yari Samurai , technically the spear in not a Nagae but something in the middle between a Nagae and a Mochi Yari . I did prefer to make them use this because there are no records of Samurai with nagae Yari ( that is instead the classic weapon of the ahigaru )

They give a realistic and different tactical unit : a spear wall of realiable samurai

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

GREAT updates fra!+rep asap!

About the european style armours
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=540561

What about armours like these?

And
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=578801

Guarda l'armatura del secondo da sx a dx nella fila pił in basso

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

yes are very good !!!!! ... maybe for a next release i will ask the permission to use them ( evenif i fear that the coloured skirt will look a bit ridicolous ) ...not now because ive almost finished and ive to focus on other matters

Piuttosto mi fai delle belle immagini del mod appena ti mando il link per scaricartelo per il play testing ?

LATE ASHIGARU .... half professional soldiers ...a reliable bulk for every army ...and armed with the very long nagae spear

Shock Samurai troops ... ( what if every Daimyo had his own Li Naomasa or Yamagata Masakage ??? )

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post

Piuttosto mi fai delle belle immagini del mod appena ti mando il link per scaricartelo per il play testing ?
    Ci mancherebbe!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Today ive done the most boring thing for me ...the unit cards ...aren't fancy but its not something i care . i hope they will do their work

Now i miss just some data work and start playtesting

Will you be adding the Ashigaru with samurai type of helmets than the farmer hats?

I did want ..and i did insert some samurai helmets in the Late ashigaru unit ...but there are a couple of problems about adding more of them :

1) i dont find a Hachi Kabuto i like for the ashigaru units
    2) i fear to create a mess for the player ....with the jingasa one see immediately that its an ashigaru units
    3) we are not totally sure that the ashigarus with samurai helments werent in fact low ranks samurai ....