Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TopCat's MiniMod Collection v1.3 updated 29-12-09! Fully compatible with latest 1.5 Patch and dlc! Brand new installer (SEE PAGE 6 FOR INSTALLER HELP) + Realistic Cannister added!

Default TopCat's MiniMod Collection v1.3 updated 29-12-09! Fully compatible with latest 1.5 Patch and dlc! Brand new installer (SEE PAGE 6 FOR INSTALLER HELP) + Realistic Cannister added!

Presenting:

-TopCat-'s MiniMod Collection
    v1.3 now availible!

All new! v1.3 changelist in spoiler below - Installer added!
    V1.3 has many important new changes. All the old download links are taken down and included below is a link to an all-new installer
    This installer includes the following mini-mods, more will be added soon:
    • 2X cannons accuracy mod
    • 4X Cannons acuuracy mod
    • Faster Cannon Reloads
    • Highlanders Unlocked
    • Carbines for Cannon crews
    • Realistic Cannister shot - Brand New!
    • 5 more compatibility mods - Brand New!

The installer will run from your desktop, it has full instructions in the pop-up
    Also included is a new compatibility chart and 5 new compatibility mods, so you cant go wrong:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What this mod is about:

I've been looking at some of the bigger mods out there and I see a recurrent proplem. That is that they all have cool features, e.g fixed skins, unlocked units, certain firing drills removed, but you cant access them without getting the whole mod. This is a problem for people like me who dont often want to get the big mod. So I've taken some of my favorite features and published them as stand alone mod packs.
    Enjoy
    Old Previews:
    Highlanders unlocked:
    They are playable with all European factions once you take Scotland

Fire and advance removal:
    This mod is my favorite mod of all It removes fire and advance from the game. This makes the A.I lethal and makes your battles much more interesting.

Cannons Mod:

This mod gives all cannon crew carbines. This gives them the ability to defend themselves and even attack weakened units. It also gives fixed artillery units pistols

Cannons Accuracy Mods:
    These two mods give increased cannon accuracy X2 and X4 respectively.

Changelist
    • v1.3
      • Removed all d/l links - the entire collection is now in the installer.
      • Added installer
      • Added Realistic Cannister shot.

v1.2
    • Added compatibility mod
    • Added Cannons accuracy mod (x2)
      v1.1
    • Added new compatibility mod
    • Added unlimited ammo mod
    • Added unit multiplier mod
    • Added faster reload times mod

Changes planned for v1.4

Will add more compatibility mods.
    Awaiting feedback and any requests

Thanks to:
    Erasmus777: Thanks for letting me use his Warband animations for the Cannons mod

If you like my work rep me
    If you want to use any of this work in a mod just pm me
    Last edited by T.C.; December 29, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Default Re: EireEmpire's MiniMod Collection

Yikes, downloading them all +rep

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

Thank you, I will download them all! +rep

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Wow, I actually had to login just to comment here. I am on this forum every day almost but rarely do I ever find a need to post anything. I know, I am a mooch but hey you should be proud that you have done something that I was hoping would have been done a long time ago. Like you, I don't like bundled things into grand mods. I prefer picking off the things I want and making the game play the way I want it too, not how others think I should be playing.

Well done sir and please keep adding things to this mini mod so we can have a virtual smorgasbord of modifications to choose from. I shall even subscribe to this thread just to keep tabs.

If I had a rep to give, I would. In the mean time, please accept my thanks!

Dont worry theres more on the way Hazbones Thanks for the support
    And with 12 more posts you can rep me all you like

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Thank you so much!!!

I waited so long for the "fire and advace removal mod"
    The most anoying thing ETW is now history...could u explain how you have modified it?
    And please keep it compatible for the new patches!
    Thank you again for the best mod ever...you are my hero!!!

ps: the cannons accuracy mod is also good!!

Quote Originally Posted by frape View Post
    Thank you so much!!!

I waited so long for the "fire and advace removal mod"
    The most anoying thing ETW is now history...could u explain how you have modified it?
    And please keep it compatible for the new patches!
    Thank you again for the best mod ever...you are my hero!!!

ps: the cannons accuracy mod is also good!!
    Well i'll release new versions after the next patch
    Sure, i just went into the db file and removed 'fire and advance' from the unit abilities and the unit class abilities

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by La De Da Brigadier Graham View Post
    Well done sir I will use the cannons mod thank you. +rep
    I think I will use cannon mod also,
    I didn't even know that mod was about
    Thank you very much +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Awesome EE! Cannons mod sounds great!, finally they have a fighting(literally) chance!

SW01's Avatar Laetus

I'll be using that Highlanders mod, I think! And, of course, the Cannons Mod - should make cannon crews a little more effective when they lose their guns!

Thanks for these - +REP

Did you use the Packfile Manager for this?

Can you make the cannons compatible sometime in the future with other mods? That would be great!

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Another request: increase the number of cannons per regiment.
    I don't need all new types of guns, just more guns per unit! Maybe increase x2 and x4 (separate mods)

(I'm working on that post count)

We need a mini mod that changes musket accuracy to something more realistic (Point blank volleys that kill LARGE amounts of men) If there already is one please tell me.

Nice work! Downloading now. I'll rep you when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by frape View Post
    Did you use the Packfile Manager for this?
    Yes, im waiting on the DBEditor to be updated(wont run on my system)
    Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    Can you make the cannons compatible sometime in the future with other mods? That would be great!
    Ok, v1.1 will be compatible The only issue so far is that the 2 cannon mods arent compatible with each other. They should work fine with the other mods in the Collection. Im not sure about other mods though (that i didnt make)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    Another request: increase the number of cannons per regiment.
    I don't need all new types of guns, just more guns per unit! Maybe increase x2 and x4 (separate mods)

(I'm working on that post count)
    will do
    Quote Originally Posted by Empier_Guy View Post
    We need a mini mod that changes musket accuracy to something more realistic (Point blank volleys that kill LARGE amounts of men) If there already is one please tell me.
    DarthMod does that and im not fully sure how to, but I'll learn

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for these Eire Empire I will use most of them. +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Empier_Guy View Post
    Also agree if you could do a mod for that sometime it would be great.

Great mods! +rep
    I slightly increased the size of artillery units after installing the cannon mod and now they can almost be used as an emergency infantry unit. The limber bug is annoying (the limber crews don't seem to care whether there are enemies in their way either) but once they start using muskets there's probably no longer any need for the limber anyway.

Personally I think 4x for artillery accuracy is a bit too much, I tried with 1.5-2x and it seems to be enough. If you want to increase the lethality of cannister, you could also increase range/number of pellets/velocity.

One more mod suggestion, since you seem to be focusing on improving artillery: how about giving different cannon types different ranges, so for example a 3-pounder will not have the same range as a 24-pounder?

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    Great mods! +rep
    I slightly increased the size of artillery units after installing the cannon mod and now they can almost be used as an emergency infantry unit. The limber bug is annoying (the limber crews don't seem to care whether there are enemies in their way either) but once they start using muskets there's probably no longer any need for the limber anyway.

Personally I think 4x for artillery accuracy is a bit too much, I tried with 1.5-2x and it seems to be enough. If you want to increase the lethality of cannister, you could also increase range/number of pellets/velocity.

One more mod suggestion, since you seem to be focusing on improving artillery: how about giving different cannon types different ranges, so for example a 3-pounder will not have the same range as a 24-pounder?
    I will look into it

Its up to you, i'll release a 2x with v1.1
    Personally, I love 4x
    Yeah the limber bug is a bit of a prob, but as you said, if your using the muskets you prob wont be wanting to move the cannons again.

OK, thanks.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast