Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Radious Fire By Rank mod (12.4.2010 - Updated with Radious_FBR_All)

Default Re: Radious Fire By Rank mod (Updated with Elite version V2)

Great mod +rep

Any chance for some more drills? massfire an such

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by Toniho View Post
    Radious just for saying great work.

Clear, easy to install and visible changes IG

The no dust one is cosmetic but a real pleasure as i hated those cloud (in a grass field hmm??)
    FBR for elite and grenadiers work perfectly and give more tactical options.
    With the morale tweak mod, i am not far from loosing some battle and this is a great change !

Thanks a lot for the job !
    Hello Sir,

I am pleased you like my work. Hope you will enjoy as long as possible.

Awfully sry it worked ; dunno why no before ! it worked atomaticly after a teck was discovered .

Can someone explain how this mod works and what it does?

I dont think it does what i thought it would, i see no difference in the fire behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Danius View Post
    Can someone explain how this mod works and what it does?

I dont think it does what i thought it would, i see no difference in the fire behaviour.
    I think everything is written in the first post. But for you Sir i will repeat myself (again). From start it depends which version you choose to use. 3 of them removing Fire and Advance fire drill, which is awfull and ruining AI behavior in battles + adding well known fire drill from Empire called Fire by Rank (different version = different units using this drill) and last version is just simple Fire and Advance removal.

It works in custom battles and campaign too ( In Campaign you must first research tehnology Fire and Advance to unlock for certain units (depends on which version you choosed)

Thats all the magic

Boba93's Avatar Libertus

Hello Radious, thanks for ur great mod
    But I have noticed something I don't know if someone else has noticed. I will explain to you
    When u charge with a cavalry unit in the face of other line infantry (which doesn't fire by rank in the mod i'm using), the line infantry doesn't fire at the horses, especially when they are light cavalry, they don't even shot a bullet. So i tried to remove all the mods i was using, and when i removed ur mod, they started to fire again as it was in the vanilla. Anyway I hope u can solve this, as it doesn't seem realistic, you can even try it, thanks
    (note: I'm using the elite version 2, grenadiers and elite infantry have fire by rank)

Quote Originally Posted by Boba93 View Post
    Hello Radious, thanks for ur great mod
    But I have noticed something I don't know if someone else has noticed. I will explain to you
    When u charge with a cavalry unit in the face of other line infantry (which doesn't fire by rank in the mod i'm using), the line infantry doesn't fire at the horses, especially when they are light cavalry, they don't even shot a bullet. So i tried to remove all the mods i was using, and when i removed ur mod, they started to fire again as it was in the vanilla. Anyway I hope u can solve this, as it doesn't seem realistic, you can even try it, thanks
    (note: I'm using the elite version 2, grenadiers and elite infantry have fire by rank)
    Hello Sir, that thing you mentioned i think its not bug, just wrong setting from Empire total war. Units which using FBR drill shooting on horses normally without any drill, even if they use on infantry FBR, on horses they wont use it, so it takes them some time and then just first line fires. This cant be fixed, or atlest i have no idea how since it worked like that in ETW.

If you meant something else then sorry for missunderstanding. I tested this in game and on horses all my troops fire, but just first lines.

Good mod! I have a request to author. Could you join your mod with units from this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...66#post6863866 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Biniu View Post
    Good mod! I have a request to author. Could you join your mod with units from this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...66#post6863866 ?
    Hello Sir,

I am not exactly sure now what you mean. Can you please explain me what you want?

I mean could you enable a Fire by Rank in units from STARTPOS MOD. The best units from Poland (for example) are massacred from standard line infantry only becose they haven't got a fire by rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Biniu View Post
    I mean could you enable a Fire by Rank in units from STARTPOS MOD. The best units from Poland (for example) are massacred from standard line infantry only becose they haven't got a fire by rank.
    But my mod is for all units, including Poland i suppose. Just depends which version you choose (then different units using FBR after research FAA). It should work for all nations, not just main 5.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Is there a version where both line infantry&fusiliers and grenadiers&elite units use FBR ? That only skirmishers and light infantry don't ?
    Last edited by Dracula; March 21, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Is there a version where both line infantry&fusiliers and grenadiers&elite units use FBR ? That only skirmishers and light infantry don't ?
    No i didnt created that version, i prefer variety of fire drills, so always different unit types using different fire drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    No i didnt created that version, i prefer variety of fire drills, so always different unit types using different fire drills.
    If I may, to create it, it will be the perfect. It is unnatural that grenadiers can't fire by rank. An elite unite is supposed to have been thaught all kinds of warfare back then, didn't it ? It's not just throwing grenades. In my oppinion the grenadiers should have both the FBR, ability to throw grenades and fire and advance ability. Is it possible by the game engine to have both FBR and Fire and Advance for a unit ?

BTW I play your mod classic now + UltraSoundMod2 /musketfire/. It's a very good combination. Except that on the campaign map /I started Napoleon in Egypt/ - there is almost nobody else than armed populace /firelock citizens/ to defend the cities. Shouldn't the british or the ottomans be there with big armies of all kinds /units/ to defend it ?!
    Last edited by Dracula; March 21, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

If I may, to create it, it will be the perfect. It is unnatural that grenadiers can't fire by rank. An elite unite is supposed to have been thaught all kinds of warfare back then, didn't it ? It's not just throwing grenades. In my oppinion the grenadiers should have both the FBR, ability to throw grenades and fire and advance ability. Is it possible by the game engine to have both FBR and Fire and Advance for a unit ?

BTW I play your mod classic now + UltraSoundMod2 /musketfire/. It's a very good combination. Except that on the campaign map /I started Napoleon in Egypt/ - there is almost nobody else than armed populace /firelock citizens/ to defend the cities. Shouldn't the british or the ottomans be there with big armies of all kinds /units/ to defend it ?!
    If you want Grenadiers to use FBR together with Elite then use Elite version V2. FAA is bugged fire drill which mostly ruins AI, reason why i removed in all my FBR versions.

If you want Grenadiers to use FBR together with Elite then use Elite version V2.
    I tried it first but it seems the other units don't use FBR, for example line infantry ?

using elite version now.
    grenadiers can fire at will with "musketry" mod and use grenades
    Viva la France
    q9550|quad core enabled with CPU Control 2.1|GTX 480|6GB DDR2|Vista HP 64bit|BenQG2420

I tried it first but it seems the other units don't use FBR, for example line infantry ?
    Yes Elite V2 is FBR only for Elite and Grenadiers.

Yes Elite V2 is FBR only for Elite and Grenadiers.
    And does Elite v1 have FBR for grenadiers+line infantry&others ?

And does Elite v1 have FBR for grenadiers+line infantry&others ?
    Classic - Elite units and Line Infantry using FBR
    Elite - Elite units using FBR
    EliteV2 - Elite units and Grenadiers using FBR