Thread: Editing starting buildings?

Default Editing starting buildings?

Hi, I've been using the pack file manager to modify the 5th tier port of Piraeus (unique to Athens) into a port building similar to the existing strategic ports (massilia, rhodes etc.). So far I've been successful (tested it in a modified save), BUT i'm having problems when it comes to modifying the startpos.esf inside the dei .pack file. I know that I have to export the startpos.esf, change the port building inside region_arrays into my new port building, and then import it back into the .pack file, but when I run a new campaign afterwards nothing changes, and i'm stuck with a fishing port.

What am I doing wrong??

Default Re: Editing starting buildings?

You can edit the startpos in PFM directly, you don't have to export it/import it. Its possible that when you are importing it you are actually not overwriting your changes.

My suggestion is to make a submod rather than editing the main DeI mod. By creating a submod that loads first, you can keep your changes there and it will always overwrite the part 1.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks Dresden for the fast reply. I know I can edit the startpos in the PFM directly, but it's veeeery cumbersome. Good idea with the submod. It didn't occur to me, as i've just been messing around with the dei packs, making minor changes. I'll try instead to make a submod with my edits, and report back if it works

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Srenhr91 View Post
    Thanks Dresden for the fast reply. I know I can edit the startpos in the PFM directly, but it's veeeery cumbersome. Good idea with the submod. It didn't occur to me, as i've just been messing around with the dei packs, making minor changes. I'll try instead to make a submod with my edits, and report back if it works
    Srenhr91, if you get this submod working please post it in the submods and I will give it a try. I have always felt that Athens should have a special port assigned to it from the start considering their substantial naval history.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Srenhr91, if you get this submod working please post it in the submods and I will give it a try. I have always felt that Athens should have a special port assigned to it from the start considering their substantial naval history.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why we haven't added it tbh.
    @Dresden?

They get Piraeus as a lvl 5 port I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    They get Piraeus as a lvl 5 port I believe.
    All good then

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Sure, I'll upload it once it is finished Athens do get Piraeus as a lvl 5 port, but I found the building effects lacking compared to the strategic ports.

Hi everyone!

I've finished the mod and uploadet it to the submods section. It seems to work as intented, but please write to me if for some reason it doesn't work.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rt-(DeI-1-2-4)

Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 26, 2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Srenhr91 View Post

I've finished the mod and uploadet it to the submods section. It seems to work as intented, but please write to me if for some reason it doesn't work.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rt-(DeI-1-2-4)

Cheers
    Thank you for your submod. Will check it ASAP