Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by Mudalys View Post
    Hi all !

This mod seems to be amazing, but unfortunately, I cannot understand why I get no name for units, technologies or factions, nor any description for theses (except the vanilla ones).

Can someone explain what I've missed ? I have copy all files in the data folder including Lord_loc.pack and I'm trying to play the 1700 campaign.

What have I missed ?
    You need to move the Lord.loc file inside the ENGLISH TEXT.rar into the gaem folder. The default Localisation for the mod is whatever language the head modder uses, I believe

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

First, congratulate the creators of this mod. In my opinion, it is the best empire mod made to date. Some details such as historical portraits could be improved, but it is not relevant. I would like to know if there is any submod of Spanish units that is compatible, since in general, most factions have excellent historical units (such as France, Prussia, Great Britain), even some minor factions such as some Italian or German states. But the Spanish units are quite poor. And Spain, at the beginning of the 18th century, was the most important world power (only surpassed by France, but on the European continent) I do not ask for a mod as exact as that of carricanta or gretel, which added practically all the Spanish regiments of the time, but some very important ones should appear (in Europe el regimiento de Asturias, Immemorial del Rey, El regimiento suizo de Reding, or la infantería de marina -the oldest in the world-, in addition to the mythical regiments of Lusitania and Numancia calvary
    In America, the Louisiana Regiment (which commanded in Florida the famous General Bernardo de Galvez during the American Revolution War), El regimiento fijo de puerto rico, regimientos de pardos y morenos of some viceroyalties, or the famous dragons of Cuera, who were the seventh cavalry, from the true and first far west - in California, Texas, and Mexico, which was Spanish territory long before the United States. I think that giving Spain these units would give the game a much greater depth to be a faction. I hope I have not bored anyone. Thank you so much for your attention.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Lordsith anything new being planned?

Hi! i am new here and just installed the mod. I was wondering if there are no victory conditions, as soon as i started a grand campaing as united kingdom the victory conditions were fulfilled.

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer project v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by omar7241 View Post
    i downloaded the mod and when i started the campaign everything seemed fine except for a little lag but when i clicked "END TURN" nothing happened. i cant play the campaign because i cant end turn!
    Did you solve this problem? same happeninmg to me

save the game exit to main menu and end your turn properly

Hi.
    First of, I really love this mod. Been playing Darthmod for years, found this mod about a year ago. It sure spices things up!

However I have a very simple question.
    Currently having a go at the United states in the late campaign, started to build a navy when I noticed that I cannot recruit an admiral...
    Is this intentional?
    Do I have to build an "admirals flagship" to get an admiral?

If this is the intention of the mod, is there anyway that I could alter some lines of text in a script somewhere to change this?

I have been looking around for an answer without success, so I figured I just ask.

I think admiral ship will do it i not played for long time this mod , whats new since 6.0 ??

I have missing names for some techs buildings and units the file responsible for this is lord_loc ?Can i have a copy of this?
    EDIT
    AND AS IN EVERY CAMPAIGN I HAVE PLAYED NEARLY 150 TURN AUSTRIAS TURN DOESNT PASS LEAVING THE CAMPAIGN STUCKED.!!
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; September 29, 2019 at 05:58 AM.

Thanks to Lordsith for the excellent mod, one of the best for the Empire. I have the following suggestions:

1. Remove skirmish ability from line infantry, grenadiers and elite. Since AI can hardly form a line of fire, and most of the time advances uncoordinated for melee attack, it becomes easy prey for a well-organized line of fire, especially if all units fire at the same time, plus be very harmful to cavalry charges.

2. As for the abilities, I find it interesting: Elite with fire by rank and square, very limited number of units. Grenadiers with fire and advance and square, limited number of units. And line infantry with no battle ability. I think it adds a greater variety among different classes, values ​​elite units and strategy.

3. Limiting militia units to for example 5, avoids full militia stacks.

4. An option to keep iconic units of empire and also some mods, which I saw present. I saw that many have already complained about the absence of Winged hussars, I would add, French Swiss Guard, Prussia 2nd Hussars and others.

Simply fantastic Russia, Sweden, Portugal, England, congratulations.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

skirmish ability from line infantry,
    all units must have it in order to voley fire. otherwise only the first rank fires.

As for the abilities
    abilities were wlways buged in empire. The simplier ( voley fire ) the better and for the AI the best.

3 in my version i nurf them ( lower accuracy, hit points, ech ) and make them voley fire. Makes the Ai even garrisons better and less boring.

4. Units in this mod are oriented during the 7 years war. Wing hussars are way anachronistic, dont know about the others. I personaly would like to see some serbian hussars.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    1 all units must have it in order to voley fire. otherwise only the first rank fires.

2 abilities were wlways buged in empire. The simplier ( voley fire ) the better and for the AI the best.

3 in my version i nurf them ( lower accuracy, hit points, ech ) and make them voley fire. Makes the Ai even garrisons better and less boring.

4. Units in this mod are oriented during the 7 years war. Wing hussars are way anachronistic, dont know about the others. I personaly would like to see some serbian hussars.
    1, 2. Yes, my point is that, line infantry only shoots first rank. In my opinion the problem with skirmish's ability is that it allows all units to fire at the same time and this is devastating for AI, especially for cavalry. A line infantry unit of 160 soldiers without skirmish or fire by rank, only 54 soldiers fire at a time, but with skirmish, all 160 fire at the same time, with even stronger impact on AI morale. If the AI ​​unit is positioned at a 2-unit intercession, 320 soldiers will be firing at the same time. I know of the many problems with this system, all soldiers have to line up to shoot, usually get stuck, but it's a problem that affects the player more than AI itself. If AI wasn't so dumb I would agree with you and voley fire would be ideal, but since it can't coordinate a cohesive line of units to shoot at, it will attack melee with most of its units, if it can get close enough to it, most often retire under fire. In my experience I find this way more balanced for AI, as it can approach more easily without suffering as many casualties, and a little more realistic, of course with fire by rank very limited to a few elite units, because rank fire is equally devastating to AI infantry.

3. It was my first attempt, but I found it boring and unreal, 160, 320 soldiers firing and on the other side very few casualties. Instead I prefer to restrict to only the first rank shoot.

4. Yes, it's part of the chronological proposal of the mod, but it would be great to be able to combine Lordsith's excellent work with some of darthmod, cause belli, AUM, I saw that these are in the packs, but I can't release the units for campaign, only custom battles . And we know empire is a big project, but with poor, lazy and sloppy execution on the part of CA, but some vanila units are really well made and interesting, although this mix is ​​historically incorrect.

Thanks
    Last edited by vilela53; October 10, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

You are welcome, happy to see people are these forums!

1,2 ) in fact, ai gets the best it can be with the voley fire system. years ago I proposed it to mac bran ( great ai moder ) and he admitted that ai working better with this fire ability . Anyway, males the game more aggressive and with less room for errors. But that is why lord Sith make options pack for every player tastes.

3) I still play the previous version of imperial destroyer and I have extensively moded the militias. Very few casualties in reality was the case even with elite units. Was the weapons luck of accuracy. Still is a game so I understand every taste according to this. Voley fire is indeed the best option here also.

4) that what submods are for! I cant remember how to play with them in campaign though , been a while since I open an empire file with the pack file manager. Your best bet should be a workshop forum or PM lordsith , he is very polite and he will reply if he see it and have time.

Keep up playing

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    You are welcome, happy to see people are these forums!

1,2 ) in fact, ai gets the best it can be with the voley fire system. years ago I proposed it to mac bran ( great ai moder ) and he admitted that ai working better with this fire ability . Anyway, males the game more aggressive and with less room for errors. But that is why lord Sith make options pack for every player tastes.

3) I still play the previous version of imperial destroyer and I have extensively moded the militias. Very few casualties in reality was the case even with elite units. Was the weapons luck of accuracy. Still is a game so I understand every taste according to this. Voley fire is indeed the best option here also.

4) that what submods are for! I cant remember how to play with them in campaign though , been a while since I open an empire file with the pack file manager. Your best bet should be a workshop forum or PM lordsith , he is very polite and he will reply if he see it and have time.

Keep up playing
    Thanks, it's always nice to talk about total war, especially empire, because it was precisely the bugs that encouraged me to try to learn how to modify the game to suit my taste. Of course, much remains to be learned.

1,2,3. As for these gameplay preferences, each one has a taste, an opinion. Although I don't have much experience with mods, I've done a lot of campaigns, and unfortunately Empire AI is a hopeless case, it can be provided with every possible resource and it won't know what to do with them. AI can be equipped with bazookas and yet it will hardly win a battle against experienced players. The best that can be achieved is to remove any possible advantage of the player to try to balance the AI. For example, when playing rank fire, AI does not always research this technology and it gives the battle a lot of advantage, so change the settings so that all factions start with fire by rank researched since the campaign began.

4. I think it may be in startpos.esf, resources of the region, not yet tried, when I have time I will try. My idea was to do some unification campaigns from Italy, Germany and some AOR with these units, like playing with Bavaria and releasing some of these elite units to each conquered neighbor, as a bonus, the same with Portugal and Spain, the Italians. But for now it hasn't worked yet.

Keep playing you too!

Can anyone upload the list of scripts user_script?It just dissapeared cant find it

For me the best ETW mod, so I appreciate the great work and dedication done, thanks.

However, due to the great work, it is a pity that the movement of the fleets has a serious error that loses the fun. The fleets have a corrupt movement, because it is too large. A ship can attack several ports in a single turn or navigate the entire map in a single turn.

That loses the fun of the game, any solution? Thank you.

I have also found another error. When the soldier in the game (the one in South America) disappears, because you suppress him or eliminate that nation (for example by conquering all of Britain, that soldier disappears). The new cities that have added in the mod stop working well and you appear inside them without any movement of troops, simply by clicking on the new cities that have been added with the mod the troop appears there, without making its move. Anyone know how to correct it?

I have a strange problems.

In "grannd campaign" , I start with 0 gold and with a negative income.

In addition, immediately after loading the game I have a window with information that I won the campaign Regardless of the victory conditions I choose.

Any tips what i've done wrong?

Link for the Jacobite campaign is dead. Please reup.

I have tried testing 3 different campaigns with different nations,and so far from what i have seen in my previous testing,
    1)Some ai guarding problems:
    ai1 raids port of ai2,ai2 respons quite late recaptures port with a unit,in next turn ai 2 leaves the port and all the same from the beginning.
    Also i have seen a dutch army raiding spanish flanders,and a spanish rmy raining dutch countryside without the dutch's to respond and sequre their mainland before invading somewhere.
    2)CAI problems in responding to a region's defence.
    CAI invasion frequency has decreased?
    AI allies dont help you much and ai enemy ais refuse to make peace even when losing,getting pounded or having friendly attitude
    3)game needs ALL the diplomatic options back to work with the VDM.I had trade offers,i suspect they were protectorate offers,that were blank and couldnt select anything.I understand that they were buggy but this game has nothing but bugs and the only thing we have done is strip it more off his features.
    4)Naval battles infantry shooting aboard results in no casualities and many ships catch fire and explode,which both are unrealistic
    5)How about using skirmish mode or call your allies to help option or offer gifts in a different way can we do that?I have some ideas.
    6)Can we trick the ai in a battle he gets attacked use the script in a battle he attacks?IF you do this you have solved amny problems.
    7)ADD RAKE the feature to sabotage an army and immobilize it for a turn.I think you can do that by edting the traits in tables.
    8) there exists a vdm dilemma which has as options -1 stability ,and -1 stability
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; November 19, 2019 at 03:50 PM.