Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Polycarpe's Workshop (Easier BG Submod installation)

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium guard View Post
    It's progressing, btw, there will be a huger mod that both RW and me as well other fellow modders's work will be in
    o_O
    time estimated ?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: BG Revamp Rosters for SS 6.4 Scotland/Norse/Teutonic/Crusader States Roster (beta) Released!!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hi all
    This sub mod seems really good.
    I have installed SS6.4 and I have downloaded the zip files.
    I have unpacked them and have merged them in 1 folder "data". So far so good.
    At that stage come the troubles. I have a SS folder and a SS6.3 folder.
    - The 1st one is located as follow: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\mods\Stailess_Stell_6.
    There's only 1 folder in it and I guess it is remaining stuff form a previous version of SS.

- The 2nd one is located as follow: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3.
    In that one, I have a "data" folder and I guess it is the one I have to modify for this sub mod. I have replaced all modified sub folders in the original "data" folder by the ones in the zip data folder but the game doesn't start at all. So, I have probably done something wrong but can't find out what.
    Any suggestion?

Huh? why have you got two SS folder? Sounds odd to me cause a successfull installation of SS 6.4 required only one folder named "SS6.3" inside the mod folder. This is the one you have to edit with the submods files. I suggest you to have a completely new installation, otherwise try to install the files in this path .......mods/SS6.3/data/campaign/early.....that work for me for example..

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Hi all
    This sub mod seems really good.
    I have installed SS6.4 and I have downloaded the zip files.
    I have unpacked them and have merged them in 1 folder "data". So far so good.
    At that stage come the troubles. I have a SS folder and a SS6.3 folder.
    - The 1st one is located as follow: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\mods\Stailess_Stell_6.
    There's only 1 folder in it and I guess it is remaining stuff form a previous version of SS.

- The 2nd one is located as follow: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3.
    In that one, I have a "data" folder and I guess it is the one I have to modify for this sub mod. I have replaced all modified sub folders in the original "data" folder by the ones in the zip data folder but the game doesn't start at all. So, I have probably done something wrong but can't find out what.
    Any suggestion?
    This submod is designed for SS 6.4. The data file of 6.4 is the SS 6.3. What you have to do is merging both zip files to create one data file. then merge the data file with the SS 6.3 data folder and say yes to all replacements. I suggest that you reinstall SS 6.4 and do it again. Remember, no submod added, only Early period campaign with a fresh install. Then it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    o_O
    time estimated ?
    Still debating for what we add in the huge mod. I guaranty you this will be THE mod needed for SS 6.4 .

Blog Entries

Many thanks guys for your quick answers.
    Could it be due to sub mods installed with SS6.3? I think I installed a couple of them with SS6.3.
    Anyway, I'm about to re-install SS6.3 and SS6.4, all clean. Hope it will work.

Many thanks guys for your quick answers.
    Could it be due to sub mods installed with SS6.3? I think I installed a couple of them with SS6.3.
    Anyway, I'm about to re-install SS6.3 and SS6.4, all clean. Hope it will work.
    Maybe you mix 6.3 files with the submod, that's why it causes crashes, that's the most logical answer. Tell me if it will work after a SS 6.4 fresh install

Ok the Crusader States was quite unpolished imo. Here's the further adjustment I'll do:

New sets of building specified for the CS. This will be the most interesting part of the CS. There will be four Religious Order's houses. So you have to choose which Order you want in a settlement. Once you made a choice, the others will be unavailable for that settlement.

-St. Lazarus Chapter's house:
    Two buildings, that will give the St. Lazarus knights. What will make this Order distinctive from the others is the will have a higher number of these units (sick, wounded soldiers)and give you reduce cost for retraining units in this settlement.

-Teutonic Chapter's house:
    Three buildings, this will give bonus on health and conversion in the Settlement. This building will let the CS to recruit the Teutonic Knights, the Teutonic Sergeants and the Halbbrudern. One thing is this Order will only be available at the Teutonic Order event (logically) and only buildable at Acre and Tripoli.

-Hospitaller Chapter's house:
    Four buildings, this will allow the CS to recruit the Hospitaller knights, the hospitaller sergeants, the Hospitaller confrere knights and the Mighty Marshall of the Hospitaller. The last building will give a small global bonus to health.

-Templar Chapter's house:
    Four buildings, this will allow the CS to recruit the Templar knights, the templar sergeants, the templar confrere knights and the feared Marshall of the Templar. The last building will give the CS a small global bonus to income.

What do you think? I'll give other ideas soon

Blog Entries

Yes, I mixed them.
    Once I had the sub mod data folder, I took each content and copy it in the same location in the original data folder in SS6.3.
    Sorry, English is not my native language and I may misunderstand "merge". Also, I'm a newbee regarding the mods in SS.
    As the sub mod data folder is a smaller than the original one, I though it was the right way to do it.
    Do you mean I have to copy directly all folders (ui, text, world, etc...) from the sub mod data folder into the SS6.3 data folder?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I like the idea of those chapter houses BG

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Fun fact: When the Scots Peasants are hit by arrows, they jump around as if it were cannon balls or a cavalry charge!

Yeah I've saw that too. Very funny

It does make it somewhat hard to get some javelins thrown, when half the unit jumps a few meters into the air every time an arrow lands nearby

Projects on the way:
    1)Redone the Crusader States, I've done it very quickly and not satisfied but some units I've done will stay.
    2)Turkopoles and Heavy Turkopoles will be Early professional available only to the CS.
    3)Revamp the feudal tree quite a bit. What I,ll do is that dismounted and mounted feudal units will be recruited at the same tier. The difference will be that dismounted will have a slightly better refill value than the mounted one.
    4)Redo the Teutonic Order as well. Change units and many other things.
    5)Making this submod for the Late campaign. Won't take too long if the rosters are done.
    6)Finally, probably make it for 2TPY timeframe for both Early and Late period.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    It does make it somewhat hard to get some javelins thrown, when half the unit jumps a few meters into the air every time an arrow lands nearby
    But I need to check this out, maybe they have a "jumping trait", I need to remove them.

Blog Entries

BG,
    I've removed all SS features and have reinstalled clean SS6.3 and then SS6.4 before to install your sub mod.
    Unfortunately, no success at all.
    When I start a new game, I have a CTD strait. The game doesn't even start. But with only SS6.4 installed, it seems ok.
    I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
    May be I should reinstall everything.

BG,
    I've removed all SS features and have reinstalled clean SS6.3 and then SS6.4 before to install your sub mod.
    Unfortunately, no success at all.
    When I start a new game, I have a CTD strait. The game doesn't even start. But with only SS6.4 installed, it seems ok.
    I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
    May be I should reinstall everything.
    Strange, then I know it's long but I suggest to reinstall everything and clean up you computer. Use easycleaner or something like that. The do the steps and it should work

hey, great mod! No chance its disable RR-comptaible?

Probably not
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314