Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: HundredYearsWar 0.99 - General Discussion

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: HundredYearsWar 0.99 - General Discussion

Well, this all sounds good. Heartly congrats to your wife's genes and the family tree. I am glad to read that you will continue on the mod. It is just great and historically an absolute must in MTW2. Thanks for all your time and trouble preparing for us this fantastic mod.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by on a mountain View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hello,

Just to give everybody a notice:

The past year was a disaster in terms of computing for me. I bought a new gaming computer last year in April, and it proved to be a lemon. I took advantage of their free repair service (under warranty), but unfortunately that didn't help the fact that the computer was useless. It went into repair five (!!!) times, before I put my feet down and insisted on a refund. The problem was that the computer had a top notch everything, except for the motherboard, which seems to have been made out of bamboo, or something.

This took a long time to process, as always with these fiddly legal things (as in: how can I guarantee to them that the failures did not happen because of things that I had done to their computer? After all, I had been using it for about 8 months, well, six really, if you discount all the times that it was in repair).

Well, I finally got the money, they even paid me back the money I had to invest to send it to them. I added a few hundred francs, and bought myself a good, solid machine, which I built out of hand picked parts.

Secondly, this is in the area of good news, I have, additionally to an already existing daughter (the best daughter in the world), a family heir added to my family tree. He is a fat round boy, and astonishingly even quieter than my daughter was when she was born. Must be my wife's good genes. I hope the lot gets her good looks too...

So, anyway, as you can see, I have been quite busy.

But this mod is not forgotten. I want to carry this on. We actually managed to make the game that Med II should always have been. I promise you will hear more from us.
    Gongatulations mate!! Thank you for your work so far... +rep!!

Great ! I like that age !

My mod also have this history part ,invite to share experience

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...07#post9187407

We get Jeanne d'Arc heroine unit just done.

Last edited by cossacks368; March 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

I don't know if it's already mentioned but Brusselles and Bruges should be named Bruxella or Brussel and Brugge.
    Brusselles looks like you tried to paste the two most important languages in the modern day. Bruxella is one of the first names ever used for the settlement (I know it's a city), Brussel is the Dutch version and the most used language in that area at that time.
    Brugge is the Dutch / Flemish name for the city.
    Since all the other names are correct spelled in the native language this looks like wrong.

I also noticed you're using the modern Flemish flag, the flag of the Countyof Flanders (you maybe change the title of the faction leader to Count)was:
    Last edited by AtParmentier; March 25, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

thanks for that AtParmentier, I will change the city names. Authenticity was a big issue for me when doing the map, especially as it is a pretty easy exercise and looks great (and gives the map so much more immersion).
    As to the flag, I will have to look into that.

You're welcome

you might change the description of Flanders (it has the same as Burgundy)
    Last edited by AtParmentier; March 27, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

yes, that was work in progress, left before we all actually had to attend to real life issues...

Paok's Avatar Foederatus

I have recently downloaded this mod and i think it is one of the best i have ever played!Good work lads!!Now,I don't know if it is mentioned but in my campaign every time my king dies his Family tree is lost while the former prince's Family tree takes its place(his wife and some kids he might have).Is there a fix to that ??
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make another dick to die for his. George Patton 1885-1945, American General

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello!

I'm downloading this mod now and I would like to ask that which updates I need to have (1.2, 1.3 or Kingdoms)?

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Is theregoing to be anything did about the poor AI in this game? I shouldnt be able to run right over Franceor any faction. The AI is jus very unchallenging.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

The flag of the crown of Castile was this:

The one you have, was when Castile was a single kingdom (1065-1230 a.D)

Greets!

PD: I think I made a similar post before but it doesn´t matter haha
    Last edited by LordKainES; April 19, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Well, LordKain, as far as I remember, that is actually the flag we use (at least in the newest version I have on my comp), at least in battles. It was a big big problem to fit it on cities and castles though, as the resolution is so crappy.
    There was a long discussion amongst us about this in the early days. It ended, iirc, with us saying "yeah, it was not just castille at that time, but that is what the factions name is, so lets go for the castillian banner".

I hope that solves that little realism issue.

-----------------------

I am slowly getting back into this, but I have to remember where all the things are, and what we did, and what we didn't manage to do. It is a bit difficult, when you have work, and two kids to look after

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Hey guys, is there a screenshot and empires page here so we can see how it all looks like??
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

I am playing v0.99 at the moment guys... and i say one thing only... GREAT CAMPAIGN!!! Once again thank you for a great mod!!!

Hi guys!

I have a probleme with this mod. I would like to know the mod location in gamefiles to check?
    Looking for installation details
    Look GREAT
    Last edited by THE VAMPIRE; July 10, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

Nanaki404's Avatar Laetus

Hi !

I've been playing M2TW vanilla for something like 2 months, and I've completed 1 short campaign (England M/M) and 3 long campaigns (France M/M, Moors H/H, Milan VH/VH).
    So I decided to try a mod. Since I don't have Kingdoms, I cannot play with most of the mods (unless they have a "vanilla-compatible" version, I haven't check)...
    This mod sounded good, especially because I'm French (from Nantes).

So, I started a campaign with Brittany (VH/VH), and it's great !
    Having a small faction between 2 giants simply changes everything ! It's a great challenge, really different from vanilla (fighting 1 big faction is really not like fighting 5 small ones...).

I just found 2 things that could be changed for v1.0 (maybe you already know, but anyway) :
    - It's "Nantes" and not "Nante" :p. Or you can call it Naoned (its name in Breton), but it's already the name of the province.
    - Why is Brittany's culture "english" when the initial culture of the cities and castle is almost 100% "french" ?

Many thanks for this mod !

I look forward to playing the v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki404 View Post
    - Why is Brittany's culture "english" when the initial culture of the cities and castle is almost 100% "french" ?

Many thanks for this mod !

I look forward to playing the v1.0
    Technically, the culture of Britanny is Breton, not French. But it would require a lot of unnecessary work to make another one.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Nanaki404's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Technically, the culture of Britanny is Breton, not French. But it would require a lot of unnecessary work to make another one.
    Well, I know that the culture of Brittany is supposed to be breton, and I assumed that it would require a lot of work to add a new culture, but that is not the point.

In the v0.99, Brittany has a "english" culture, but the 6 starting settlements start with something like 98% french culture and 2% welsh culture. So, since the beginning, they have 80% insurgents (-80% to public order :o ).
    So, if you do not want to add a "breton" culture, I would suggest that either you switch the culture of Brittany to "french", OR set the initial culture of the 6 settlements to x% english (with x big enough).

I find it a problem to have to set the tax to "low" in some settlements in the first turns in order to not have the "red face" public order...

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Ι know what you are talking about.
    Fact is that I have not playtested the campaign of Brittany, so I can't say much yet. I don't mind to have a few hard factions, and not making money easily, is a way to make the game hard.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download