Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.1 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix]

+rep Khales ^^

Yes, must been a missed soundfile then; should be the sound of a marching army (or something like that) when joining

True, check DCI's OP and the box 'Artistic Concept and why only Men' for the thoughts behind the submod.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.1 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix]

I´ve just called the next Tôl Acharn and i´ve noticed that they don´t say allahu akbar when you join the invasion. It plays when you see the screen where it shows who has joined the Tôl Acharn.

As soon as you´ve updated the DCI only thread to 3.2 i´ll post my feedback there If then i have to post something new^^

I too, had the "Allahu Akbar" sound. But it's only every few times that it happens so not immensly gamebreaking (it rather made me laugh).

I've only had around 3 Tôl Acharns so far but I've noticed that the AI sometimes doesn't recruit 'half a stack' before joining. I'm pleading guilty here for using toggle_fow sometimes but just the turn Gondor decided to join I noticed a single General unit joining without any army at all. He also walked into a total opposite direction for the remaning time of the Tôl Acharn, not giving a damn about his vow.

Love the traits that are given to your own generals if they succeed in their Tôl Acharn.

We'll have a look at that; we do have some much more fitting sounds for it in v1.0 so this muslim chant is just a minor bug

@ BBT'
    Shame on the gondorian

Edit: seems to be a sound-related text-document that's been missing. A flaw from DCI, but as the soundfiles is packed otherwise there it didn't cause any problems and was not noted.

I've attached the text in this post. Put it into the data-folder and overwrite.
    Open data/sounds and back up events.dat/.idx, Voice.dat/.idx and SFX.dat/.idx.
    Then delete these 6 files and restart the game. The files shall be recreated with right sounds and will be save game compatible
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 11, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Ah, there we have it. Thanks Ngugi, now I understand.

I will release a patch soonish. I want to investigate some other possible sound issues first.

Libertus

cool submod, thanks Withwnar!

And now the question and bug:
    1) but why the dwarves do not have the free content in the city and the castle? or is it pure in 3.2? I have not seen before installing a mini mod
    2) I played for Gondor, was in alliance with Rohan and decided for fun to announce the invasion of aldburg (Rohan town), and what I saw? LOOOL Rohan on your same city joined in the siege and took! LOL. bad bug

1) What do you mean by "free content"?

2) This is not a bug as such. It is a limitation of Northmen religion switching. See "Possible Targets" under "Mechanics" in the DCI thread. The AI can't do this kind of thing. If the player wants to then that's entirely up to them. It might be possible to add some script to end the Acharn during end of turn when it sees that (e.g.) Rohan already owned it. But I don't see much point in further complicating the script just to fix a situation that would only happen in the first place because the player was trying something silly.

Free upkeep perhaps?

Concur; if a player want to use the Tôl Acharn in opposition to how it's meant to be used [a.k.a against a Northmen ally] then flaws will has to be expected and accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Free upkeep perhaps?
    That was my suspicion but it appears to be working okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    2) This is not a bug as such. It is a limitation of Northmen religion switching. See "Possible Targets" under "Mechanics" in the DCI thread. The AI can't do this kind of thing. If the player wants to then that's entirely up to them. It might be possible to add some script to end the Acharn during end of turn when it sees that (e.g.) Rohan already owned it. But I don't see much point in further complicating the script just to fix a situation that would only happen in the first place because the player was trying something silly.
    With all respect to your script (since I know nothing of scripting in Total War games at all): Isn't it possible to modify the script that it will check if the "religion" is 'followers of melkor' (a certain percentage) AND owned by *insert all evil factions here* before the list appears of targets for the "crusade". This way there there could be more interesting targets and no "what is this doing on the list" targets. (last time 3/4 of the list was Rohan or Elves )

Again, shoot me if you want to, no TW scripting knowledge here.

A fair question but the rules for which ones appear in the list are out of the script's control. It is hardcoded and the rule is simple: any settlement that is not currently owned by an islam ("Dunedain") faction. Well, not "any settlement" ... only those that have been marked as possible targets. And this marking can't be changed with script either.

The only way around it is to do what what is done for the AI: switch all of the good guys to "Dunedain" religion during the player's turn and then back again for their own turns. But this would mean that all good factions appear to the player as "Dunedain" instead of their true religions.

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.2 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix + v1.1.2 sound fix]

v1.1.2 released. This fixes the missing sound problem. SAUS voices were also missing due to a completely different reason.

There is a save game compatible patch for those already playing v1.1.1. Plus a full version for newcomers.

Libertus

1) What do you mean by "free content"?
    free upkeep while garrisoned
    (sorry english bad)

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.1.2 [3.2 compatible + v1.1.1 CTD fix + v1.1.2 sound fix]

Yes, I suspected that is what you meant so I tried it myself. It is working for me: Dwarf settlements have some units with blue backgrounds = free upkeep.

Did you forget to delete map.rwm? I'm not sure if that would cause this problem.

Thanks for the response and the update. Too bad about the hardcoded part.

For what it's worth: a double confirmation - my dwarven campaign has free upkeep slots where they should be.

No worries. And thanks for the confirmation.

Yeah, "hardcoded" usually means "nice idea terminated". But not too bad in this case. It just means a little extra time for the player to decide which settlement to target. What would be a problem is if the AI was able to target friendly settlements. Fortunately we got around that one with some smoke and mirrors.

Libertus

Yes, I suspected that is what you meant so I tried it myself. It is working for me: Dwarf settlements have some units with blue backgrounds = free upkeep.

Did you forget to delete map.rwm? I'm not sure if that would cause this problem.
    removed and earned. thx

It is working now? It occurred to me later that map.rwm would cause the problem: the starting culture would be too low for recruitment and therefore upkeep.

Libertus

Now everything is fine, but to delete the file has been primarily a culture dunedain gnomes

Dwarves were primarily Dunedain culture, yes. Glad that you have it working.