Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Thanks for the answers, that's a lot of work and honestly you did a great job! I hope I can make the time to give it a proper go.

Default Re: Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Sengoku Jidai (a mod you never thought Shogun 2 needed

Hello Collateral_dmg, a short review after my 3 hours session. I already played hours on "Master of Strategy" mod before, which is a good one. Discovered yours randomly on discord and gave it a try.
    Your mod is really good, I enjoyed castle scenes, ambiance and so. New building chains are interesting, the fact that castles can't be upgraded was new for me, but I got used to.

I REALLY LOVED the vassal flags in my army, this is such a very good feature that Medieval III have to add !

Concerning bugs, no crash observed, but when I launch the Miyoshi campaign, I was surprised that just the "paper" map was visible and not my castles.
    I had to move each general out castles to make my area visible.
    One general (in Kyoto) was not possible to move, no select even by the list under minmap.

Wish this mod get more success and development !

Been playing for a couple turns, found it quite hard for food. Couldn't get enough food for nearly enough buildings, not sure how the balance would be in the future but im definitely not filling up all my building slots. I do like that it forces me to expand though.
    As for the battles I just used a full stack of all the generals I started with to attack and spent all my money trying to get food. You start with a ton of general units. They all look gorgeous and cant wait for more work on the mod,

Hey my guy, I;m actually working on an animation overhaul for yari's and pikes, so as long as you are using 6m, 4.5m and 3m long yaris in your variants, my animations should match up perfectly once they're done

How's it going? Also i hope after the mod comes out you could make a "light" version with global unit roaster like in shogun 2 instead of unit per faction.

Id also like to know how its going

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    Id also like to know how its going
    Quick update, Collateral_dmg took a break from modding, but I am back working on it and almost finished the new tech tree, also added around 20 new clans playable and fixed some bugs. Will post a new updated build soon.

great news!

Does this mod patch the Tokugawa and Hattori kisho ninja buff (if there units are present), or did it come along the overhaul?

Also, do I still need the unofficial patch 1.7 for this?

Hello hello,

Is it possible to play with this mod without have to put my shogun 2 in english ?

Thank you
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

Quote Originally Posted by [Ben] View Post
    Hello hello,

Is it possible to play with this mod without have to put my shogun 2 in english ?

Thank you
    I am sorry. I used english files and edited the text in english. So I am afraid it is not possible in another language.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hajaar View Post
    Does this mod patch the Tokugawa and Hattori kisho ninja buff (if there units are present), or did it come along the overhaul?

Also, do I still need the unofficial patch 1.7 for this?
    It is a complete overhaul of all the units. No other patch or mod is needed. I recommend to use the mod as standalone and do not load any other mod with it.

This mod sounds amazing, hoping for a somewhat "finished beta" build soon that can be comfortably playable and balanced. Good luck!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi!!!

I just installed the mod to give it a try but the game crashes (I only chose 1 option as it is said), freezes on the first screen Shogun 2 logo :-(

I have no other mods installed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    Hi!!!

I just installed the mod to give it a try but the game crashes (I only chose 1 option as it is said), freezes on the first screen Shogun 2 logo :-(

I have no other mods installed.
    The mod takes a long time to load since it's pretty big. So maybe you just have to wait a little longer. It can take 5-10 mins to load unfortunately.

Also thanks everyone for your comments, I hope you are doing well

We are aware of pretty much all existing issues. Sorinel has been working on a lot of stuff while I was away. I'll be continuing where I left off, I have some things to figure out and hopefully we will have a new version of the mod in a reasonable time. But I can't make any promises as you know
    Last edited by Collateral_dmg; June 10, 2022 at 01:10 PM.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Hi I've played the mod and I love it as I have a weird love for historical accuracy even if I know barely anything about the subject

I have a problem though, when I end turn 87 for my Takeda the game crashes

Any response is appreciated

Just played around with it for a couple of hours. Very cool stuff! Definite learning curb though. I am a pretty proficient player, but the Ashigaru moral melted away to nothing in a couple of battles that in other mods would have held up (not a complaint). Once this mod is finished I think it's going to be the new gold standard! Really looking forward on how the tek tree will be implemented.

Maybe a couple of thoughts. Is there any plan to cover passive XP for generals when acting as governors? Is there also going to be regional variation vis the stats for different units? I like the refinement down to what is strictly historical, but within the 8 or so unit types, will there be kinda sub variety outside of veterancy, clan bonus's, blacksmiths etc.

Squash's Review of the awesome mod

Positives
    ​I love the unit variety and colours
    I love how there's tons of castles and clans
    I like how you can't upgrade castles so they have a more historical "feel" to them
    I love/hate that all buildings require food as it makes things harder but I question if it makes things more realistic or not
    No katanas! (kind of)

Negatives
    My biggest problem is that the game will crash in the year 1562 or turn 87 1555 campaign if this was fixed I would play at lot more
    Cavalry Charges seem to have no weight or "impact" to them
    There is no way that an arquebus has a greater range than a bow
    For the Ouchi campaign there is fog of war over you're home provinces
    only some Nagae ashigaru have spear wall ability
    units have different abilities in custom battle than campaign
    unit size is tiny but if that's because of the massive amount of textures then its understandable

If any of my critiscism are historically inaccurate please correct me and please don't take this the wrong way this is one of my favourite mods for shogun 2 and i understand it's all a work in progress

Appreciate the feedback. I am looking for some suggestions. I have made the tech tree and added about 26 new playable clans to the campaigns. Also I have started to remake the battle maps, the maps will feel like a land battle and do not have a capture point but have multiple castles and forts to defend, recreating a smaller region with villages and forts/castles(all terrain loaded straigth from heightmap of google earth with historical recreations of real castles). Currently made almost half of the maps.

My question: release next update with half of the maps or wait possible 2-3 months so I can finish all maps and assign them properly on the campaign map?

A release now would be great to tide over until its fully assigned!