Page 13 of 249 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

I'm sure you have one of them coming from the Carolinas

Technically from Tennessee, but from my experience my accent is Charlestonian in nature. North Carolina is an oddity; so many Yankees have moved down here the accent is diluted in the cities.

Back on "topic," online chatrooms during E3. I thought last year's "Is that a new Wii controller" response to the Wii U was bad enough, but holy moly its like a never-ending parade of gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post

What about a speech in Creole? It can't possibly be cliche if it's in Creole.
    You're right that definitely wouldn't be cliche for anything besides Swamp people

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Voodo chile View Post
    I also saw this van which was perpendicular to the road at an intersection. Twas strange.
    Did it say CANDY on the side of it?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

People who take up two parking spaces by parking their car across the line of both spots just to keep others from parking next to them because they're to Goddamn lazy to park at the end of the lot and walk a bit.

Self important much?

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Did it say CANDY on the side of it?
    ney, i guess it was becasue the roads are quite high in the middle and towards the gutter they go down. My guess is they tried turning but the wheels slipped and instead of turnning right they went left and in reverse down to the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    The current fade of over sensationalized ancient history remakes with :

Lame neo-heavy guitar soundtracks
    Extra splashy blood and gore
    Barbarian like yelling and screaming
    Cliche rally speeches in American or Brit accents

edit: Oh and bad acting
    "Let's de-construct idealistic views of history by throwing in as much gore and nudity as we can! What's the worst that can happen? We'll always have the male teen demographic!"

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    People who take up two parking spaces by parking their car across the line of both spots just to keep others from parking next to them because they're to Goddamn lazy to park at the end of the lot and walk a bit.

Self important much?
    Angry driving much?

Sounds like you have good reason, of course I don't drive so I can't fully empathize.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

How hard it is to get nice hats in TF2.

People's craving of ridiculous hats in TF2.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

The increasing size of modern games. Max Payne 3 is 27 GB....

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    Angry driving much?

Sounds like you have good reason, of course I don't drive so I can't fully empathize.

I live in a small but spacious city surrounded by suburban sprawl and beyond that wide open prairie, which must have some effect on the mind set that one can just roll up in a public parking lot and take two places for themselves, I can't tell you how piggish and self-centered this is especially when they aren't even at the end of the lot which would be dumb, but not quite as atrocious (which I've seen too).

What if he deserved those two spaces Armatus.

If anyone's car deserves to be keyed it's these people. Now I'm not advocating a keying, but it comes down to this, If you can't afford a private chauffeur to take you places that need blessed with your presence then you're not special and you need to park between the damn lines just like everyone else.

You are the only one that can protect our rights, you should become a masked vigilante. Keyman!

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

The rabbit's leg that my dog dragged into the house. I was wondering why his breath smelled so bad...

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

That my interns seems to take turns to be sick and take a day or two. I'm glad not having to see them tough.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

The size of the cockroach I met on the stairs last week.

*shudders*
    "A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself ... always a laborious business." A. A. Milne

Big dude is walking in my direction down the sidewalk with a young good looking business woman on the other side of him, instead of taking a step behind her to give me room he only moves his arm slightly forcing me to give up more of my own space or walk on the grass which I will not do.

If I was in my younger trouble causing years I would have shouldered into him, but instead I just laughed off the fact he was so concerned about keeping pace with this female, he needed all the help he could get.

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Yea i think that only happens to guys and its a really primitive masochistic thing where there's the whole dominant and submission thing going on there. You'le be walking there and it will seem that if you change your walking path and move over off the footpath onto the grass or gutter, then it seems 'submissive' if you know what i mean. There's nothing wrong with doing so but it doesnt feel right to you. Especially if you are the one of the far side of the grass and end up moving to the opposite side

Anyway this happened a few weeks back. It wasnt entirely due to dickheadedness though but i was pretty pissed though not to mention shaking with adrenaline afterwards

Basically i was cycling home and it was getting dark close to 6:00pm

I made the mistake of turning into the right turning lane and trying to turn right instead of doing what they call a 'hook turn'

So in this diagram, i'm the green block. The light was green and i was waiting for a break in the incoming traffic. So this car was behind me and was beeping his horn. And i was thinking wtf is going on. I'm turning and supposed to give way to non turning traffic coming towards me.

Anyway i thought i might move over to the side of the lane as i was sitting in the middle of the lane to increase visibility. I couldnt/wouldnt move so far over as to cross the center-lane as there were some trucks in the oncoming traffic and i could easily get taken out by one of them. But this guy behind me insisted on me getting out of the way as he wanted to drive straight.

So in responce to this, instead of pulling the fingers at him i moved forward, closer to the center of the intersection, hoping he could now drive just to the side of me.

A short while later i feel a smack and a forceful shove and its this cars side-view mirror which would have hit my back but luckily i had a low slung satchel + an a3 folder slung across my back. Jesus Christ this gave me a fright. It was as if someone has sprinted towards me and then gently gave me a powerful shove in the back!
    I then got a "get out the way!" as he drove past

If i had been in a car, it would have been normal and he would have waited for me to turn when there was a break in the oncomming traffic as what normally happens. But i feel that because i was a cyclist, he didn't feel that he should wait behind me.

-Gay,Lesbian,Transgender
    -Racist People
    -Justin Bieber
    -Creative Assembly
    -Neo Pagan
    -Singapore