Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITWE tool experts see here what we ask for if you want to help us.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Icon4 ITWE tool experts see here what we ask for if you want to help us.

Alien-t was the one that started our attempt to create or better simply modify vanilla settlements in order to look authentic in TGC mod and the era our mod focus in.
    The 1st step was to recreate towers and walls that with different wall textures would be realistic for our factions.
    Here are Alien-t's early attempts.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unforthunatly Alien-t for personal and familly reassons remain inactive and the project is on halt.
    In the 2nd picture you will nottice that "ballista" towers of TGC are "real" towers with ballistas as they are described in Leonis Imperatoris Tactica.
    What we ask for IWTE tool experts that would like to help -not only TGC but every historical mod in this community-...
    Most of european cities will have roofless towers as the examples above.
    That will provide the needed material to proceed to 3-4 custom settlenets later like Constantinople, Thessaloniki, Preslav, Antioch etc.
    Then towers will be able to changed for Islamic cities too ussing vanilla islamic castle material.
    The next step will be to create towns and small cities for the slavic and steppe factions with wooden and rock walls...
    Those that will paricipate in this project will have the freedom to share their results with other mods too as their work wont be exclusive to TGC if they will wish so.

Please help TGC to provide something spectacular and accurate and make your selvs usefull for a huge number of mods that will make you famous!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 30, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: ITWE tool experts see here what we ask for if you want to help us.

Help us recreate Thessalonike!
    And ofcourse other cities as well....

ITWE experts i apeal to your skills!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Generic quide of creating settlements for TGC mod:
    Chapter 1: Generic settlements with stone walls.
    1: Towers:
    In vanilla game towers of cities have roofs on top of them.
    We actually seak to change that ussing as example the castle towers with rambards instead of roofs.

An other issue is to replace the vanilla ballista and catapult towers with a version of the generic ones adding "real" balistas and catapults.
    Alien_t started that project but real life kept him -like many of our team- away from modding.
    Here some examples of his work in progress:

2: Textures:
    Despite this is not important (because vanilla textures can still be used) we wish some wall and houses re-texturing.
    Cities may "share" the same models and textures will make the difference.

In this case we can provide the textures needed for some "cultural" diversion.
    In general : Romans will have wals and houses textured diferently than other europeans and certainly diferent from all islamic cities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.jpg   BG_Small_Tower.jpg   0007.jpg  

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Maybe you cas also ask East of Rome team for permission to use some of their building textures, they would look good for this timeperiod IMO.

I am in the very pleasant situation that JOX25 and few friends of his offered their kind help in this matter.
    We will start from simple and easy changes...

Nice, It's so detailed this buildings are great!
    I will rep you, haha just w8 two days.

I am afraid that Jox has no time to continue...We are in search for a IWTE expert once again!!

Maybe I could help just say what program and I should start practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippos View Post
    Maybe I could help just say what program and I should start practicing.
    This tool !!!

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    This tool !!!
    Ok, thanks I'll try my best!

Quote Originally Posted by Philippos View Post
    Ok, thanks I'll try my best!
    To have something to you can have as a goal is maybe this proposal its the walls of Dubrovnik, the most important for me is those battle ai routes not to block them,
    and have good fun with modding
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; August 05, 2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    To have something to you can have as a goal is maybe this proposal its the walls of Dubrovnik, the most important for me is those battle ai routes not to block them,
    and have good fun with modding
    Thanks! I'll

Best wishes guys, I'm sure finishing this mod after so many years of development with a small team is quite a difficult task, but it's worth it.

Keep in mind a lot of players will enjoy your work.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Best wishes guys, I'm sure finishing this mod after so many years of development with a small team is quite a difficult task, but it's worth it.

Keep in mind a lot of players will enjoy your work.
    Thank you for the support Nelduin.

I must admit that in the end we must separate PSFs to actuall forts and cities...

The Castle of Sant'Aniceto (also San Niceto) is an Eastern Roman Empire Stronghold built in the early 11th Century on a hill in Motta San Giovanni,now in the province of Reggio Calabria,Southern Italy.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Oh beautiful picture. Unfortuantely, I have to admitt I am not sure if I underestand correctly what do you mean by separation of PSF to fort and cities. Do you mean that there will be no PSF just vanila MTW cities and castes or or do you mean that you find the way how to make some PSF looking like cities while the ohter like forts in the campaign or battle map?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Oh beautiful picture. Unfortuantely, I have to admitt I am not sure if I underestand correctly what do you mean by separation of PSF to fort and cities. Do you mean that there will be no PSF just vanila MTW cities and castes or or do you mean that you find the way how to make some PSF looking like cities while the ohter like forts in the campaign or battle map?
    Every province of our map has 2-4 PSFs...They represent cities that existed in that spesific region (each province).
    So we intend to replace PSFs battlemap models with cities ones.

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

AnthoniusIII found this in YouTube made by an architect & 3D artist, maybe you'de be interested contacting him.
    If you consider making somekind of educational material for schools and Universities using your work, as the guys from the "Magyar Mod" did, you may find common ground to work together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=pGWpriwXMfc

https://plus.google.com/109408921599743144936/posts

Cheers

Thank you my friend.

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

3-D representation of Thessaloniki in the Late Roman-Early Byzantine ages Work of group of Architects from Aristotle University Thessaloniki

http://www.tilestwra.com/etsi-itan-t...in-archeotita/

http://www.komistes.gr/%CF%80%CF%8E%...9%CF%81%CE%B5/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast