Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Umhh talking about the campaign i playing i remembered couple more issues:

- I havent had the event of "the shire autonomy" with FPoE that i think there was in MOS 1.6.2, if you accepted ( besides some malus i cant remember?) hobbits sent you some military units from time to time and they finished your roads ( any tier) in just one turn for a bit more money iirc. Has that been removed in 1.7? or isnt it happening for whatever else reason? any clue?
    - Also reported when i was playing MOS 1.6.2 but the dwarf FM Balin still has his background colour in his unit card as if he had "free unkeep" even outside any settlement.
    - Someone remind me the issue with "forest paths" for elven factions? is it working as intended? It is happening same as in my 1.6.2 games. I cant see in campaign map any "dirty roads" ( tier 1) when built in all mirkwood area with silvan elves, nor i see any difference in movement. In Lorien area, the 2 lothlorien starting provinces have now improved forest path built and i cant see any road in campaign map, nor i notice any movement improvement.
    - I havent had any ent unit joining the "good guys" event neither, dunno what fires it or if it is still in game. Maybe it is just Isengard hasnt been a thread for longer... they are still alive but reduced to 3 provinces in Alfund sp? area with not many recruitment resources already. It took me quite a bunch of heroic victories with Rohan figthing them to reduce them to that state.
    - It is turn 55 and no invasion called yet. No pirate invasion either. ( both should be active, at least i answered yes when i was asked in first turn with all factions)

umh ok, i cant remember anything else right now.. ill write another post if i remember anything else.

Regards:

melvidh
    1 and 4 are removed yes
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    I was playing as the Woodland Elves and I received a unit of Woodland Nobles at the start of the game, but I can find no way of recruiting or retraining them. *I cannot even find that unit listed in the EDU or EDB files. Its not a big deal as they have the same stats as the late game archers, but I was trying to find out where they came from or what I need to do to create them..
    To look up units it is best to start your search in the export_units file which is in the data/text folder. In your case the unit you are looking for is this: {Mirkwood_Nobles}Woodland Nobles. The text within the brackets is the name the game uses while the text to the right is what the player sees in-game. The edu uses 'Mirkwood_Nobles' and the edb uses 'Mirkwood Nobles' the system is confusing when starting out. Since this is a rather powerful unit, it's recruitment/retrain time is somewhat high. Depending on the unit you wish to retrain it could take 20+ turns before it can be retrained.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 18, 2018 at 12:38 AM.

Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    1 and 4 are removed yes
    aham! i see, thanks for update atthias.

Any clue about whats going on with the elven special roads?

And.. is there any way i can upgrade Rhosgobel to town in my campaign to be able to build roads in that area? some console command, cheat or whatever? dunno.. even editing save files if possible? Or even without upgrading the village, just build the roads.
    Also is there any way to check if i have the elven kingdon emergence, or whatever is name, enabled in my campaign?

Regards:

melvidh

aham! i see, thanks for update atthias.

Any clue about whats going on with the elven special roads?

And.. is there any way i can upgrade Rhosgobel to town in my campaign to be able to build roads in that area? some console command, cheat or whatever? dunno.. even editing save files if possible? Or even without upgrading the village, just build the roads.
    Also is there any way to check if i have the elven kingdon emergence, or whatever is name, enabled in my campaign?

Regards:

melvidh
    There's a cheat to add population, just google it. If you don't want to do that, just lower the population requirement to upgrade a village to a town in the bottom of the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file. This will lower it for all villages, but it is save-game compatible so you can edit it then build the upgrade and then reset it to the default value. Note: this may give the ai the chance to also upgrade their villages in that interval. (I'm not sure if you need to pass the turn for the upgrade to show up so you can build it or not, if not then it won't affect the ai)

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgi View Post
    There's a cheat to add population, just google it. If you don't want to do that, just lower the population requirement to upgrade a village to a town in the bottom of the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file. This will lower it for all villages, but it is save-game compatible so you can edit it then build the upgrade and then reset it to the default value. Note: this may give the ai the chance to also upgrade their villages in that interval. (I'm not sure if you need to pass the turn for the upgrade to show up so you can build it or not, if not then it won't affect the ai)
    o_O aham! i didnt know about the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file editing been save compatible, thanks a lot. The issue is that in fact Rhosgobel has already 1500+ inhabitants and i havent the town upgrade building in the building queue so the problem is somewhere else. Maybe it is set that Rhosgobel cant be upgrade to higher town tier or something in the campaign settings ( whatever file is related to it), or that i have screwed the files while editing/modifing this and that , dunno . Ill mess arround a bit with the .xml to see what happens. Thanks a lot for tip.

Regards:

melvidh

Greymane's Avatar Senator

o_O aham! i didnt know about the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file editing been save compatible, thanks a lot. The issue is that in fact Rhosgobel has already 1500+ inhabitants and i havent the town upgrade building in the building queue so the problem is somewhere else. Maybe it is set that Rhosgobel cant be upgrade to higher town tier or something in the campaign settings ( whatever file is related to it), or that i have screwed the files while editing/modifing this and that , dunno . Ill mess arround a bit with the .xml to see what happens. Thanks a lot for tip.

Regards:

melvidh
    Rhosgobel indeed can't be upgraded any higher than it is now. To 'fix' it (it's not a bug), you have to go to the descr_regions file in the Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base folder and add the exxpanded_settlement trait to the "Lowest_Anduin_Vale" province. To see exactly how it's done, just look at the regions above and below it. It is however not savegame compatible, at least to the best of my knowledge. It can't hurt to try though.

Its awesome to hear that you guys are starting up again, although now it means I am conflicted between MoS and DaC

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhame View Post
    Its awesome to hear that you guys are starting up again, although now it means I am conflicted between MoS and DaC
    Heh, that's for sure. Love MoS for it's campaigns, but DaC has a lot more variety in units and factions

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to ask so here we go .... I love MOS but I am somewhat hopeless at VH/VH. I thought if I used the mercs' 'free upkeep' I might get a little closer to victory with economics etc but alas nah! It took too long, by which time the orcs had Mumakil and Trolls ....arrrgghhh!! And my economy though by this time good, meant I was not able to keep up and horrors still ... I grew fond of my merc' units and hated losing them because I could not re-train awwww.

So I decided to 'tweak' MOS so I could use the Fief barracks / townwatch etc to replenish or recruit mercs' [which is working a treat [haven't done the Fief yet but ya know ... and also haven't actually played the game since I starting my tweaking but ya know].

Anyway, after changing certain merc stats I find I'd like to change also some unit Cards? The pictures that accompany a unit? For instance the 'Gondor Infantry Mercs' unit card I like ... gondor_light_swordsmen_Mercs nah not so much! So is there a gallery somewhere, where with permission, I can add new unit cards?

If so how? I believe 1 file I'll need is battle_models.modeldb, but how do you open/edit that? I see the BMDB app' and the mdb.txt file in the unit_models folder and I think I just need to edit the mdb.txt or use the BMDB app to extract or something so any help appreciated. I've found other threads on adding models etc, but they referenced RTW/MTW2 and I kinda got lost [different file names] and didn't want to screw my install. Any help appreciated?

Also can someone point me some where I can get good historical info / elvish names for stuff? I want to name my merc infantry sword units to "Adûnâi Aiquale/Glaur Falquan" which I believe means Aiquale=Tall/Long and Glaur=Light and Falquan=Sword etc ... to have a difference between heavy and light sword units and regular and merc units, and then adding a history as to how or why they exist [Kin-Strife is my point of ref' for this]. I've found Aiquale/Glaur online but I have no idea how accurate they are, and I would like to use some cannon lore if I can?

Love TATW, love MOS and please bear with me - this is my second post.

* I asked else where about permissions about what I'm doing with MOS as well as general stuff as above and was pointed to the MOS thread ... I guessed here is the place?

I was just on Youtube watching one of my favorites: Arachir Galurdirithon - DaC guy [apologies spelling] and found some modding tuts' he had in his playlists ... He has some stuff about the unit card/image things I was looking for [changing unit stats, but mentioned image locations]. So I think I found a good pathway for what I want. Any other info about either info I asked about above would still be appreciated though !

Great work - thanks modders

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello mxprz

Google this to find a bunch of tutorials: tutorial unit cards medieval 2
    Dunno how many of them have images left (a bane of tutorials I'm afraid), but have a look around (you cna also test search on youtube for tutorial videos).
    You'll need at least an image program like PhotoShop; can tip you about GIMP if you do not have that, as GIMP is free: https://www.gimp.org/

A good Sindarin wordlist (as Sindarin is the common Elven tongue) you find here: https://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sind...ict-en-sd.html
    As for Sindarin grammar, I suggest Ardalambion: http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/index.html
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 22, 2017 at 12:56 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank you Ngugi, much appreciated. Those links are gold!!

My questions have been answered and my curiosity sated

* Could an admin' please close this thread?

Thanks all

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mxprz View Post
    Thank you Ngugi, much appreciated. Those links are gold!!

My questions have been answered and my curiosity sated

* Could an admin' please close this thread?

Thanks all
    Hmm, I wouldn't be very happy to see the "official" MOS thread being closed because a few questions have been answered.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Rhosgobel indeed can't be upgraded any higher than it is now. To 'fix' it (it's not a bug), you have to go to the descr_regions file in the Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base folder and add the exxpanded_settlement trait to the "Lowest_Anduin_Vale" province. To see exactly how it's done, just look at the regions above and below it. It is however not savegame compatible, at least to the best of my knowledge. It can't hurt to try though.
    Hello,
    As you predicted, adding the expand_settlement hidden resource to Lowest_Anduin_Vale province didnt solved it.. neither created a CTD, so it is "save game compatible" somehow.

I played ( and enjoyed a whole lot) the hotseat campaign MOS 1.7+ enhanced MOS submod by rafmc1989 H/M as the 8 "good dudes" factions till turn 96 ( thats almost 800 turns campaign ). I got Arnor reemerged, killed Isengard and OOM and i have OOG and Dunland cornered, Rhun is shrinking and... well, Mordor and Harad are almost in full force. Gondor has fought like 180 battles, Dale and Eriador like 100 and other factions like 50, some ( high elves and dwarves) less, some of them with autoresolve ( dwarves armies i used are absolutly machine killers against OOM/OOG/Rhun armies with autoresolve) but many of them i actually fought them.. a whole lot of fights. I wasnt able to reforge elven kingdoms though, i think i didnt activate that part of the script properly.

Now i am going to start another one, maybe ill increase difficulty, modifing somethings here and there ( of course Rhosgobel is going to have roads for sure this time). Adding rafmc1989 FPoE new units to Arnor Eriador veterans barracks, making another gondor fief barracks in Dol Amroth, replacing starting units that dont match factional units, like the woodland nobles of starting silvan elves ----> Galadhrim Heavy Archers and such as. I am going to try and correct some fiefs ancillaries to make them match the description with the "actual" names of our campaign map. I know how to change the export_descr_character_traits.txt, but where do i look for the descriptions of the traits? for instance: The dale fief i see is: province Agasha Dag--> city Rhomen, so ancillaries are Lord of Agasha-Dag----> Theg of Rhomen and i think i know how to change it to Lord of Western Gathond----> Theg of Lest ( Western Gathond and Lest are the names we see in campaign map). What file should i look for/edit to make the ancillary description match the new names?
    I know how to deactivate script parts i dont want to play ( ill add ";" to the start of the line in those i dont want in the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt) but i was wondering if there is any "scripting guru" arround able to tell me how to modify those script part questions at the beggining to avoid the question in first turn and activate them "by default"

Like how to change these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;######################### Elven reforging #############################
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    historic_event reforging true factions { egypt, mongols, }
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    declare_counter go_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_accepted = 1
    set_counter go_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;------------------ reject ------------------------------------
    declare_counter without_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_declined = 1
    set_event_counter without_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

to make the "elven kingdom reforging" script chapter active ever so i dont "miss" it.

I have tried ( and tested) adding the "roads" hidden resource to ...Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt Mirkwood area provinces, deleted map.rwm and started a new campaign. Using character_reset + auto_win attacker ( to conquer settlements) + add_population + add_money + process_cq a bunch of buildings to have large cities + roads_3 but i havent been able to "see" nor to notice movement improvement either with silvan elves or dale ( the non-elf faction i tried just in case). The settlements are large cities and have the roads_3 built in turn 2, at least the icon shows in built buildings city panel. But i cant see a paved road anywhere in campaign map nor i notice any movement improvement. Has our map paved roads in Mirkwood area? Or has anyone any clue what i am missing to "see" paved roads in Mirkwood area campaign map ( and to have the movement bonus thats what i am looking for, it seems ridiculous to me how slowly silvan elves move in that area)?

Umh ok, i am going to keep "playing" with files while i see if any of you can give me a hand with my doubts.

Regards:

melvidh

PD Opps btw i realiced i have 2 provinces in campaign map with exact same name. I have "Reaches of Mirkwood" province with "Dor Lhingvar" settlement and "Reaches of Mirkwood" province with "Burh Sauthis" settlement. Dunno if this is due to corrupt map, TATW 3.2 related, MOS 1.7 related, enhanced MOS 1.7 by rafmc1989 related or due to my editing here and there, but i thought i would just let you know about it, just in case.
    Last edited by melvidh; July 23, 2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Reaches of Mirkwood "repeated" province

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Hello,
    As you predicted, adding the expand_settlement hidden resource to Lowest_Anduin_Vale province didnt solved it.. neither created a CTD, so it is "save game compatible" somehow.

I played ( and enjoyed a whole lot) the hotseat campaign MOS 1.7+ enhanced MOS submod by rafmc1989 H/M as the 8 "good dudes" factions till turn 96 ( thats almost 800 turns campaign ). I got Arnor reemerged, killed Isengard and OOM and i have OOG and Dunland cornered, Rhun is shrinking and... well, Mordor and Harad are almost in full force. Gondor has fought like 180 battles, Dale and Eriador like 100 and other factions like 50, some ( high elves and dwarves) less, some of them with autoresolve ( dwarves armies i used are absolutly machine killers against OOM/OOG/Rhun armies with autoresolve) but many of them i actually fought them.. a whole lot of fights. I wasnt able to reforge elven kingdoms though, i think i didnt activate that part of the script properly.

Now i am going to start another one, maybe ill increase difficulty, modifing somethings here and there ( of course Rhosgobel is going to have roads for sure this time). Adding rafmc1989 FPoE new units to Arnor Eriador veterans barracks, making another gondor fief barracks in Dol Amroth, replacing starting units that dont match factional units, like the woodland nobles of starting silvan elves ----> Galadhrim Heavy Archers and such as. I am going to try and correct some fiefs ancillaries to make them match the description with the "actual" names of our campaign map. I know how to change the export_descr_character_traits.txt, but where do i look for the descriptions of the traits? for instance: The dale fief i see is: province Agasha Dag--> city Rhomen, so ancillaries are Lord of Agasha-Dag----> Theg of Rhomen and i think i know how to change it to Lord of Western Gathond----> Theg of Lest ( Western Gathond and Lest are the names we see in campaign map). What file should i look for/edit to make the ancillary description match the new names?
    I know how to deactivate script parts i dont want to play ( ill add ";" to the start of the line in those i dont want in the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt) but i was wondering if there is any "scripting guru" arround able to tell me how to modify those script part questions at the beggining to avoid the question in first turn and activate them "by default"

Like how to change these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;######################### Elven reforging #############################
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    historic_event reforging true factions { egypt, mongols, }
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;----------------- accept ------------------------------------
    declare_counter go_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_accepted = 1
    set_counter go_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

;------------------ reject ------------------------------------
    declare_counter without_reforging

monitor_conditions I_EventCounter reforging_declined = 1
    set_event_counter without_reforging 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

to make the "elven kingdom reforging" script chapter active ever so i dont "miss" it.

I have tried ( and tested) adding the "roads" hidden resource to ...Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt Mirkwood area provinces, deleted map.rwm and started a new campaign. Using character_reset + auto_win attacker ( to conquer settlements) + add_population + add_money + process_cq a bunch of buildings to have large cities + roads_3 but i havent been able to "see" nor to notice movement improvement either with silvan elves or dale ( the non-elf faction i tried just in case). The settlements are large cities and have the roads_3 built in turn 2, at least the icon shows in built buildings city panel. But i cant see a paved road anywhere in campaign map nor i notice any movement improvement. Has our map paved roads in Mirkwood area? Or has anyone any clue what i am missing to "see" paved roads in Mirkwood area campaign map ( and to have the movement bonus thats what i am looking for, it seems ridiculous to me how slowly silvan elves move in that area)?

Umh ok, i am going to keep "playing" with files while i see if any of you can give me a hand with my doubts.

Regards:

melvidh

PD Opps btw i realiced i have 2 provinces in campaign map with exact same name. I have "Reaches of Mirkwood" province with "Dor Lhingvar" settlement and "Reaches of Mirkwood" province with "Burh Sauthis" settlement. Dunno if this is due to corrupt map, TATW 3.2 related, MOS 1.7 related, enhanced MOS 1.7 by rafmc1989 related or due to my editing here and there, but i thought i would just let you know about it, just in case.
    ask
    on enhanced MOS 1.7 moddb page please since MOS does not support any submod of MOS that is the creator responsibility
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    ask
    on enhanced MOS 1.7 moddb page please since MOS does not support any submod of MOS that is the creator responsibility
    Ok, ok. I am just asking here cause i am not sure what issue is related with what mod or submod.
    Elven reforged kingdom script part is MOS or TATW?
    The ancillary description files is something more "generic" since any of the mods/submods use it.
    And about the roads.. no clue what mod/submod is in charge of changes ( if any).
    So whenever i know something is related to this or that mod or submod i try to ask in the right place. This time i thought this wasnt the wrong place to ask these questions. Excuse me if it is the wrong place.

Regards:

melvidh

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, it's true we don't support fixing problems with "altered MOS 1.7" installs. Be it altered because of other submods being installed and/or because of a player changing the files himself. But when I mention problems in this regard, what I mean is people experiencing crashes, install problems or bugs. Asking how to change certain aspects of the game is another matter. This you can ask here, although you always should mention if your game has been modded (as you did). The MOS team will not feel obliged to answer your questions, although they may do so. Of course other visitors to this thread can also respond.

Questions about modding that are not specific to MOS, you can also post in the Modding Questions and help thread.

As for your question about 2 provinces with the same name, I don't think that is a MOS 1.7 issue.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Does anybody now if it is possible to sail the Anduin into the heartland, perhaps even to Lothlorien? I'm playing for Gondor but I can't sail past Osgiliath and also there doesn't seem to be any city with a harbour upriver...

Another thing: For me the view settlement-feature doesn't work. If I select a city and klick on "locate settlement" it doesn't zoom in to the batllemap, any Ideas?

edit: I'm playing MOS 1.7 by the way
    Last edited by Danny087; July 23, 2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    Does anybody now if it is possible to sail the Anduin into the heartland, perhaps even to Lothlorien? I'm playing for Gondor but I can't sail past Osgiliath and also there doesn't seem to be any city with a harbour upriver...

Another thing: For me the view settlement-feature doesn't work. If I select a city and klick on "locate settlement" it doesn't zoom in to the batllemap, any Ideas?

edit: I'm playing MOS 1.7 by the way
    It isn't possible to sail past Osgiliath, even if you could sail past you wouldn't get too far because of the Falls of the Rauros (big waterfalls) will cause you to stop. Someone else will have t speak on the settlement viewer issue.

Dear all,

Could anyone help me with a little issue? I am trying to use the battle models for Éomer and Elrond in the campaign but I do not seem to be able to add them. They already have their lines in the modeldb file and in the campaign_script.txt file, as per the instructions from the thread "How to add strat map character levels & change battle models" from Ishan. Still, their battle models do not show however.

Would anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks,
    vds001