Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    I dont think so, I mean, I just use aztec/no HDR/blood mod apart from DeI
    I reinstalled the last patch and I get the big charges values, as it should be, so I think its right

https://imgur.com/6ZDhoAz
    https://imgur.com/YMRmia8

Maybe their swordmen, (shortsword warriors and gallic swordmen from their garnison army) are just superior than my elite spearmen in those big brawls
    Or maybe I should be spamming attack command with my spearmen, I dunno
    Maybe you don't think so, but trust me 90% the issue is caused by a mod conflict. Even remnants of old mod packs in your data folder count as a conflict you know.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    No, he is punching him all the time.
    Phenomenal work. Can't wait to see this!

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Or maybe I should be spamming attack command with my spearmen, I dunno
    Two thoughts, apart from mod conflict.

On attack command, are you issuing an attack order right away? You must do this to properly engage. And related to that, I don't know these units, but if they behave as hoplites do, then double clicking will push attack. However, if you are spamming the command, you may push too far very easily and find your units in the middle are essentially flanked.

Secondly, are you shooting your self in the back too much with those slingers?

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Phenomenal work. Can't wait to see this!

Two thoughts, apart from mod conflict.

On attack command, are you issuing an attack order right away? You must do this to properly engage. And related to that, I don't know these units, but if they behave as hoplites do, then double clicking will push attack. However, if you are spamming the command, you may push too far very easily and find your units in the middle are essentially flanked.

Secondly, are you shooting your self in the back too much with those slingers?
    about first point, with my heavy spearmen and my phalanx, for the initial contact I tried both , either letting them eat the charge or charging at ennemy. For heavy spearmen, someone said its better to eat the charge when you have heavy spears with anticharge trait.
    Once the fight has started, I will every now and then double click, especially with my phalanx who have a tendency to just sit idle few yards from ennemy with only a handful of soldiers attacking

about second point; no, those are AI's slingers/archers, and they are shooting at the frontline so I guess they shoot their own troops aswell
    I did use heavy cav to hammer and anvil, but that wasnt really sucessfull, and most of the time, the cav routed before the encircled ennemy infantry would rout, to my surprise I must say
    Last edited by lequintal69; March 05, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

In next patch, barb formation will be buffed a bit, it had too large nerf to the damage value. Plus small buff to defence.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

This is the pinnacle of Rome 2 to date. Absolutely fantastic.
    The battle balance especially, is the best mix of realism, fun, and difficulty I've seen in Rome/Rome2. I thought Shogun 2's battle balance was fantastic and perfect for that game, and likewise this is the system that Rome 2 deserved. Congrats on an incredible milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by cerberusd View Post
    This is the pinnacle of Rome 2 to date. Absolutely fantastic.
    The battle balance especially, is the best mix of realism, fun, and difficulty I've seen in Rome/Rome2. I thought Shogun 2's battle balance was fantastic and perfect for that game, and likewise this is the system that Rome 2 deserved. Congrats on an incredible milestone.
    This.

I agree, I had a battle playing as macedon the other day, and to my surprise, the enemy stopped just short of my phalanx began showering them in javelins, forcing me to advance. Kudos to KAM for the BAI, as well as the other team members for each and every thing they've done in making this mod. It certainly is a milestone for Rome 2.

Infantry stopping right infront of you to fire their javs before charging has been one of the strongest points of this mod (and it has many others) to avoid playing wothout it.
    @KAM must be a Demigod indeed

Yeah, I haven't said it while but this mod IS Rome 2. Beyond well done!
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

I got a nasty surprise when the BAI decided to keep troops in reserve before ramming them into my exhausted troops, I almost got massacred.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
    Yeah, I haven't said it while but this mod IS Rome 2. Beyond well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
    I got a nasty surprise when the BAI decided to keep troops in reserve before ramming them into my exhausted troops, I almost got massacred.
    Τhat was a good day though, right ?